Other Washing Machines:
Maytag
MVWB450WQ
Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer

Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer

Pros

• Large capacity (3)
  • Spins clothes dry (3)

• Cleaning Time:

What a great washer and a great deal!

I have owned this washer for just about a year and with five children ranging in age from nine to fifteen still at home, I do laundry every day.   This machine has a large capacity and does a great job cleaning all of my laundry.  We wash blankets and pillows.....all kinds of things, and this machine can handle it all.   It uses much less water than a conventional washer which makes it very environmentally friendly.  It also uses High-efficiency detergent which means you use less detergent for each load you wash.   Maytag has always been a trusted name in home appliances and this washing machine is a perfect example of the quality and dependability on which Maytag has based their reputation.   This washing machine is quiet and has so many options and specialty settings.  I can was my lingerie without worrying that it will damage the delicate fabrics.  All in all, I would highly recommend this machine to everyone!

Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer MVWB450W is the worst of all

My mom owns this exact same washing machine for only three years. During that time she has had to have a mytag guy come out and fix the washing machine two different times from just stopped spinning. He claimed the last time being at my mom's house, he thinks this was the worst product ever made by maytag. My mom then thought she will never purchase another appliance of any kind from this company. This wasn't even the cheapest kind of washing machine you can buy so you would think it would be at least on a good product category list instead of an actual maytag guy saying it was the worst one ever made. My mom owns all of maytag appliances and only has trouble out of all of them with the washing machine. She cannot understand why they do not know how to make decent washing machines. It is the noisiest washing machine ever made and when I hear it going at my mom's house, she will have the door shut to the laundry room and you can still hear it in the living room.

Good Features and Quiet Wash

from Loxahatchee, FL

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Long Cycle

• Heavy/Bulky Items

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

Bravos Washer is a smaller design but had a big tub for clothes. I can fit an entire laudry basket of clothes into it and still have room. I love the settings it has and there are several different cold water settings which I am now a fan of. The soap dispenser is in a strange place and it took me a few minutes to figure out where it was. You need to open the lid of the washer and in the center where water comes out is a drawer that slides forward. In this drawer is located the soap dispenser and softener dispenser. The bleach is in the standard location.

The washer does not use much water and my husband seems concerned about this. I don't feel it is a problem as it takes a long time to finish a cycle allowing the clothes to soak during movement. The water barely covered the clothes and this is all done with the help of a sensing unit. When you put in the clothes and turn it on, Bravos starts sensing the clothes, adding water, and sensing again and again. Then it washes.

A really cool feature is the fact it has a clear lid allowing you to watch the entire washing process. Even the cat watches the clothes.

I do have one concern and that is for the dedicates you wash. I have taken out my bra from the washer to find the underwire bent due to the strong washing this machine does. I suggest using a undergarment bag to put these items in for washing. This is something I have never experienced with any washer before.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Not liking this washer.

from Old Orchard Beach, ME

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Clean Clothes Well
  • Large Capacity
  • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Long Cycle
  • Noisy

• Delicates

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I have had my Maytag Bravos top loader washer for just over a month. It is so noisy I can't stand it! I have open concept with laundry off the kitchen and even with the door closed it's nosey. The first time I used it I called the appliance store and asked if this was the normal sound. The repairman came right over and said this is it. I had specifically asked for a machine that was quiet. This is not even close.
I will say matched with the Bravos dryer the clothes come out nice. However, I'm sure there are much quieter brands out there. If you have an open concept home avoid this the Bravos Maytag washer.
I would not recommend this to anyone.

Disappointed

from Houston, TX

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Does not clean clothes well

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

We bought this washing machine about 3 years ago. Read the reviews and people really like it. I am very disappointed! I have to spot clean everything, especially hand wash clothing. When we purchased this washer I though the hand wash cycle would be great, who wants to hand wash those delicate clothes, not me, highly disappointed, if I don't spot clean I have to wash them again! Need to leave the lid open when not in use otherwise there is a musty smell in the laundry room. After you run the "Clean Washer" cycle need to wipe out the black stuff in the tub otherwise that stuff gets on your clothes and I still make sure I wash dark clothes afterwards just in case I didn't get all of it wiped out.

Magtag Bravos Top Load Washer, Quiet Series

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

This machine is definitely energy efficient with a choice of water save spray rinse. It is also quiet during all cycles which I consider a major plus. Clothes almost always come out clean the first time. It also has many different cycles such as whites, colored clothes, bulky, rapid, heavy duty, hand wash and normal. Inaddition, there are 3 modifiers for temperature, spin level and soil degree. It also has a soak cycle and rinse with spin cycle. You can also elect to have a second rinse with all the above cycles. It also has a large capacity. These are the top items that attracted me to this Magtag. Concerns included paint job with early rust around bleach dispenser and the length of some of the cycles. Overall, it gives a great performance and I would recommend it to any family with children.

Energy Efficiency
    I am pleased with the energy efficiency of this machine

Cleaning Time
    Some of the cycles are a little long but my machine has a short quick cycle that I use quite abit.

Great performance, seldom do I have to rewash anything.

Easy to use.

My machine will only fill with the lid closed. I prefer to fill the machine and then add clothes.

I have been disappointed with the paint job. Within 1 year of use the bleach dispenser was rusting. I keep all dispensers wiped clean so do not understand why it is rusting. Never happened to me before with other machines. However, though it may look uncitely, it does not effect cleaning of clothes.

Wonderful

from Edina, MN

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I love our Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer. Our old washer recently died on us, so my sister-in-law passed this Maytag on to us. Awesome! It is used but works great. There is a huge wash capacity on this washer. I was really impressed. You can easily fit a large blanket in her and have it washed evenly and efficiently. The washing time is reasonable and depends on what items you are washing. There are the normal settings for different types of washes for different clothing items, temperature, etc to make sure you have the best wash for each item. Maytag has great appliances and we are impressed with this one as well. We are expecting it to last a long time yet.

Energy Efficiency
    Great, we have had no shooting through the roof prices on our energy bill.

Wonderful.

Easy for kids to pick up on and help out.

Attractive and impressive.

Maytag products in general last a long time, we expect no less of this one.

Great Machine!

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I have had this washing machine for a few years now and it works great! I usually use it to wash one load of laundry a day. It is great to not have the agitator in the middle of the machine like most of the washing machines have (that are not top loaders). I like not having to put the clothes around the agitator and then sometimes it gets off balance and makes all that racket and you have to go and try to reload the clothes while they are wet. It has a very large drum so you can wash a large load of clothes very easily and it does a great job at getting them clean. This is the best washing machine I have ever owned. I am very happy with it and would highly recommend it to anyone.

It works great and always gets the clothes cleaned very well.

It is very easy to use, whether it is your first time using a washing machine or if you have been using washing machines for years.

I have had my washing machine for a few years and it works great like when I first bought it and used it.

• Cleaning Time:

Best washing machine I've ever had

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

This washing machine is convenient and easy to use. Thorough cleaning of all laundry with ease. Easily the best washing machine I have ever used.

Energy Efficiency
    Due to the machines ability to sense the load amount, it easily saves money in reference to the amount of water it uses. In addition to that, its power in the spin cycle allows the laundry to be drier upon the end of the wash cycle and this significantly decreases the amount of time in the dryer.

Cleaning Time
    This is a machine that washes quickly and thoroughly. I enjoy the fact that the machine is quick to do the job.

Thoroughly cleans the laundry. Powerful spin cycle allows energy saving with the drying time. No better machine on the market. Removes stains and odors without additives. Quiet performance with extraordinary results in providing clean, wonderful smelling laundry.

So easy to use. Put in laundry detergent and laundry. Make sure the setting are appropriate for the specific laundry and push one button and it works like a charm. It is a machine that you set it and forget it.

Great design. Display is easy to read and easy to use. Has a modern look with great features.

No matter what is expected of the machine, it does the job. It manages large and small loads with ease with no issues of maintenance.

• Cleaning Time:

Great washer with large capacity.

from Adrian, MI

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

This is the first washer that I've had without an agitator in the middle of it and I was skeptical at first. It holds a lot of clothes because of that feature. I don't really know how it cleans the clothes but it does a great job!! I would definitely recommend this washer.

• Cleaning Time:

Had my doubts about the purchase but do not regret it!

from Alvin, TX

I love this machine!!

Energy Efficiency
    My first water bill since the purchase has shown some improvement.

Cleaning Time
    Takes a little longer than my older, old machine, but the cons definitely out weigh this factor.

Works well, but be sure to read the instructions so you load properly and wash correctly

Had to read the instructions to learn how to use it! : /

Smaller than my other model so fit was great for my available space.

So far so good!!

product well made & dependable

from Winchester, IN

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

Uses a lot less water & gets clothes as clean as other machines, I really like the way this wash machine works

I have no problems with operating this machine after you get the hang of it is really quite symple

Have only had for a little over a year but still works very well