3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

The Falsies make my lashes long, thick, and eye popping!

***Quick View:*** I read fellow VP reviewer [lopine's review][1] of this mascara and knew I had to try it. I have about a billion mascaras as it is but I love trying new ones. As luck would have it, my birthday was around the corner so I got my sister to buy me a tube as a gift. I read some really negative reviews elsewhere so I was unsure what to expect. Was lopine right and this was great stuff or were the others right and this was flaky, disappointing stuff? lopine was right! This mascara is amazing! Yay!

***My Take on Maybelline The Falsies Mascara***

I can't believe I hadn't heard of this mascara before reading the reviews. I guess I am slipping! This mascara claims to add length and tons of volume, giving lashes an almost false lash appearance (in that they are so long and lush). Naturally, I don't buy into claims like that but I do need volume and love long lashes. I like dramatic, dark lashes that makes my eyes pop and that is hard to find in a mascara because the ones that do add a lot of length and volume generally clump or flake or otherwise look crazy.

**Maybelline The Falsies Mascara **comes in a purple tube so it gets a star automatically. Ha! It has a long curved brush. I have the shade Blackest Black because I am a brunette with very dark lashes as it is so I want the deepest shade possible.

As I said, I hadn't even heard of this mascara before reading reviews so I was just taking a chance on it. I didn't pay for it so, if it didn't live up to my standards, I would have just given it right back to my sister as we swap makeup all the time. But she isn't getting this mascara back!

I applied the mascara onto clean, umprimed lashes. I immediately saw length and a good bit of it. What I also saw was no clumping. That's is a definite plus. I applied three coats with no problems and my lashes looked HUGE! They were long, separated, and had volume. Now, I didn't look like I had 300% more lashes as the package claims but they did have around three or four times the volume and each little lash was defined. My lashes are very thin and, although dark and fairly long, almost disappear when I don't have mascara on. **Maybelline The Falsies Mascara **made my eyes pop and gave me a fringe of full, long, dark lashes.

I read many times elsewhere that this mascara flaked. I hoped it didn't but expected it to. It didn't. I wore it all day and even took a nap with it on. It stayed on perfectly without shedding even one speck. I removed it with my usual cleanser and it took a bit to get it off but I didn't lose any lashes nor have any eye irritation.

i was wowed by **Maybelline The Falsies Mascara**. I even was able to add a coat midday. I just wanted to see what would happen. Usually, once mascara is dry, that's it. You can't layer it. I could layer this one and it didn't even clump then.

I'm really not sure why so many are having clumping and flaking issues. I honestly have had none. I wore this mascara four times now, all day and night, and have had absolutely no issues with it. It's really good and I like it a lot.

If I go overboard, my lashes can get a bit "spidery" but that's to be expected when lengthening lashes. They can hold onto three coats without looking anything but awesome and that is plenty.

***My Viewpoint***

Everyone's experience with beauty products is different which makes reading reviews confusing at times. After reading lopine's review, I saw so many negative reviews of **Maybelline The Falsies Mascara **on another site that I was wondering if they were talking about the same mascara! Well, first hand experience is always best and my personal experience has been very positive. I really like this mascara and it is one of my top 10 faves. That's saying a LOT considering how many mascaras I have and have tried in my 46 years!*** 4 stars.***

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Maybelline-The-Falsies-Mascara-Black-review-41a01

I expected a lot more from Maybelline The Falsies Mascara!

I have read a lot of positive reviews for this mascara, so I guess that's why I am disappointed as much as I am.  I was really expecting "wow" lashes, but they ended up looking the same as they do with other average mascaras.

I bought **Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Mascara **in the color, Very Black.  I like big, bold lashes, so I was super excited to try this new mascara.  The look of false eyelashes sounded dramatic and fun, but that's not the results I got.

First of all, I do like the brush.  It has a slight curve to it, but it's not nearly as curved as a "curved" brush.  I also like how easily, the brush and mascara formula effortlessly sweeps through your lashes.  The mascara feels very wet, so there's no struggle it apply it.

What I don't like is the lack of a false eyelash look.  Yes, this mascara darkens your lashes, and adds a little bit of length, but the amount of volume is almost laughable.  It doesn't separate lashes very well either.  There's no feathery or fanned out appearance of lashes and there certainly isn't any "wow" factor.  The end result is NOTHING like false eyelashes; more like the look you would get with Maybelline Great Lash, the famous pink and green tube of mascara.

Would I buy **Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Mascara **again?  No.  The results it provides are not what I'm looking for.  I did like the dark color and length, but I want more volume, separation and oomph in general.  It's a decent mascara, but definitely not worth all they hype.

Fibers and Clump

from Oklahoma

About Me Classic Style

Pros

• Adds Volume
  • Lengthens

Cons

• Difficult To Remove
  • Dries Out Quickly
  • Flakes

Comments about Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Washable Mascara:

I like smooth lashes not fibers and this has the fibers so I guess they are thicker but they have unnatural looking fibers that flake into your eye.

Clumpy Mascara that Does NOT Wash Off

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Washable Mascara:

This is one of the worst mascaras I have ever tried. I have always looked to Maybelline to put out a good product, so when I needed a new Mascara , I thought I would give this one a try. First off the design is nice but the procuct inside is not. The mascara is thick and too much of it globs up on the wand when you take it out of the tube. I had to wipe off the excess on the wand with a tissue so that it was usable. If you like thick, clumpy lashes that look fake , then by all means , this one is for you. But if you want a natural look, try another mascara. Not only is it thick and clumpy , it makes your lashes stick together and when you try to "wash" it off, it does not come off at all. I had to go and by makeup remover to get this off my lashes and it was like cement. A few of my lashes even broke off!! I do not recommend this mascara. It is horrible. I am really disappointed that Maybelline came out with this one.

Clumpy and thick

Ease of Application
    Applies easily but try to get if off!

Not that great!

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Washable Mascara:

I would have to say that Maybelline Volume Express The Falsies Washable Mascara didn't quite live up to my expectations in a mascara. It really didn't make my lashes that much longer or thicker and was kind of flaky around my eyes. Some women say that they do think that it is great though. I might or might purchase this product again. It is not the worst that I Have ever used but it is not the best, I guess that maybe I am kind of hard to please when it comes to finding just the right mascara. I usually do love most of the Maybelline eye makeup products that I have tried in the past. They are a great cosmetic company and I have purchase their items for many years and i am sure that I will continue to do so.

The performance of this mascara is not horrible, but then it is not exactly what I would consider wonderful. It is just not what I expected. It was kind of disappointing after all the ads for it made it seem so amazing.

Ease of Application
    It actually was pretty to use, as most mascaras are.

Highly recommended go-to mascara

Comments about Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Washable Mascara:

This is one of the only mascaras I use. When I'm not trying out a new product, I always go to this. If you haven't tried it, I really recommend it. It made my lashes look so much longer than other mascara with just one application. It cut back on the time it took me to get ready in the morning because I no longer had the need to curl my lashes. It lasted all day. I never had one complaint about this product. The brush that it comes with makes my lashes look full and long, without being clumpy.

The BEST

Comments about Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Washable Mascara:

Oh my, where do I start?!

This is by far my favorite mascara out of all the other drugstore brands. I get the blackest black, and most days I just need 1-2 coates before my lashes are voluminous and separated beautifully.

I must say though that I have extremely long lashes already and need volume not legmth. And this mascara delivers!

Would most definitely purchase again!!!

• Ease of Application:

A great mascara for flat lashes

Comments about Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Washable Mascara:

Maybeliine Volum' Express Falsies Mascara is quite good at what it says it will do, that is create a bit of a Falsies look, but I have used better mascaras as far as lengthening your lashes goes. This product does a fantastic job of curling your lashes. My eyelashes are quite long naturally but are also quite flat and I need all the help I can get to make them look curled. This product does an absolutely fantastic job of curling your lashes! But I do not give it as many points as far as lash lengthening goes. It is just average and does not do as good a job making my lashes look longer as some other products out there (Like L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara, which I love for that purpose).

As I have mentioned above, this mascara does a fabulous job of curling your eyelashes, but not as good a job lengthening your lashes.

Ease of Application
    The curled and perfectly sized applicator makes it super easy to apply this mascara, it allows you to be quite precise without getting mascara all over the place. Overall I would recommend this product for people who want dramatically curled lashes!

Too flaky

from Richmond VA

Comments about Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Washable Mascara:

I had high hopes for this mascara, but I was ultimately somewhat disappointed. It coated my lashes well, didn't clump, and made my lashes look a bit longer, but the results weren't quite as dramatic as I expected given all the hype surrounding this mascara. It also ended up being dry and flaky by the end of the day, so I kept having to get little black speckles off of my skin, which was a bit frustrating. I don't think I will continue to use this mascara - it just didn't deliver on what it promised. At least it wasn't overly expensive.

This was really just so-so. It wasn't a bad mascara and it didn't mess up my eyelashes or anything, but it just wasn't as great as I was expecting. The flakiness was frustrating, but it might not have been a dealbreaker if the mascara had been an overall better product.

Ease of Application
    This went on very easily and it didn't clump as much as some other mascaras I have used.

Clumpy mess

Comments about Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Washable Mascara:

I quickly became very frustrated when using this product. My lashes clumped together once I began to apply, and it took me forever to try and wiggle my lashes apart from one another. By the time I finished applying the mascara to both eyes, I had black all over my fingers. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone.

Works perfect

Comments about Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Washable Mascara:

I love this mascara! Typically I've bought cheap mascara until I tried my sisters mascara. She uses Maybelline Falsies. I actually liked it so much that I went out and bought my own the same night and threw my cheap stuff away. I have short eye lashes so it makes my eye lashes look fuller and longer. I also use an eye lash curler and this holds it in place better than the other mascara that I used. I love how dark it is. The only negative thing I have to say is that this does smudge a bit and isn't water proof what so ever. It stays on for a while as long as you don't get it wet. I've gotten plenty of compliments about it and have been told that it makes me eyes stand out even more.

Works very well, last through out the day. I only need to apply it once during the day and at the end of the day it still looks as if it had just been applied.

Ease of Application
    It's super easy to apply. I love the brush that it comes with. It's like a comb for eye lashes.

A great product!

Comments about Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Washable Mascara:

I like Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Washable Mascara a lot better than other Maybelline Volum' products. What I like about this mascara is that there are a few different types. There's the flared eyes, the black drama, and the waterproof. One word of advice: do not get the waterproof! It will never come off! The Falsies washable mascara gives my eyes the false lash look without applying falsies! I get asked all the time if my eyelashes are real. I highly recommend it if you want great looking eyelashes. Don't put on too many coats though, or it will become clumpy!