Other Mascaras:

Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

MK Ultimate Mascara: Magic lashes? No, but really good mascara.

**Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara**

Mascara, mascara! I can do with so little make up but I do like mascara and lip gloss.

**My...Read complete review

**Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara**

**My lashes:  **

The great news is that my lashes are REALLY long.  The bad news is that the ends are so blond that they are barely visible.  A swipe of mascara to color those ends is all I need.  I could Tammy Faye Baker lashes in an instant if I went to far with mascara.

**The Catch 22 with Mascara:**

The catch 22 with mascara is that we want it to stay on all day, not smear and smudge and leave us with raccoon eyes and yet we want it to come off right away and easily when the party's over.  We want it all!

I've tried cheaper mascara (Avon) that was dry and clumpy and didn't stay put.  I've also tried expensive mascara that stayed on all day but I was in danger of pulling out my eye lashes drying to remove it.  Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara is my best mascara solution.  It defines my lashes and stays put.  I do have to use Mary Kay Oil Free Cleanser to remove it easily.  I can remove it with a creamy cleanser but it takes more effort.

I also love that Mary Kay ultimate mascara is made in the U.S.A!

I'm better off not wearing mascara if this is it

I have been loyal to a different brand of mascara for a while now. It truly is the best mascara out there. When I started selling Mary Kay I decided to give their mascara a try. I love many of their other products and rave about them, but had not tried the Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara so could not tell clients my personal experience with it. After the first application, I was already wishing I hadn't wasted that product, thus losing money for myself. The Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara is a joke.

Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara has so many negatives about it, I don't know where to start. First, it is so watery, it takes several coats to look like decent mascara. It clumps so easily that I spend more time unclumping my lashes than anything else. This mascara also takes such a long time to dry that if I don't apply it at the beginning of my morning routine, it won't dry in time for me to curl my eyelashes. Even when it is "fully dry," it isn't. It doesn't allow the curl to stay in my lashes, despite the number of times I try to curl them.

The only plus side of this mascara is that it is light. That being said, it is way overpriced and I don't know how anyone can be happy with this. I don't recommend this mascara to anyone, and I sell it!

A great mascara!

Comments about Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara:

Love Mary Kay's Ultimate mascara! It makes my lashes so long and thick and goes on smoothly. I love how it wears too. No flakes, eye irritation, smearing, smudging, yet comes off easily with makeup remover. It's by far their best mascara and better than a lot of mascara's I've tried. I like the application brush too. It's adds volume and isn't silicone like some of the new ones are coming out with. It's just a nice thick brush applicator. Love it in black but also available in black brown.

amazing

Comments about Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara:

I have very sparse eyelashes and this mascara made them look full and long. It's a nice formula that doesn't smudge or flake and stays all day. This is my favorite mascara! My friend is a Mary Kay saleswoman and she swears by this stuff and I have to agree. I reach for this mascara way more than my other ones.

This stays all day without smudging under my eyes or flaking off like other mascaras that I've tried. It holds a curl well and doesn't feel heavy or itchy on my eyes. It's nice for my sensitive eyes and doesn't make them water.

Ease of Application
Easy to apply and work with. I use a few coats and this mascara doesn't clump or dry out before you're able to apply more. Keeps lashes separated but still full because the wand is designed nicely.

Great for thick lashes!

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara:

Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara is fabulous! I absolutely love it. I use it specifically when I am looking for thick lashes.

Mary Kay is a fabulous product anyways, as I use many many Mary Kay products. But all of their mascaras are fabulous, with each one having a specific goal. If I'm looking for a simple day mascara, a day that I'm not trying to gussy up and just run out the door for errands (i rarely leave the house without at least mascara on) this is a great mascara for that. It's makes your lashes thick, and not too long.

If I'm looking for a big wow factor for going out or for a show (I'm a stage actress) I will use Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara with the Mary Kay Love Lash mascara. First using ultimate to thicken the lashes, particularly the lower half and use the Love Lash to extend and longate my lashes.

It's great durability and lasts a great while. Plus, the look is classy and clean, making your feel like you have a great product.

Ease of Application
sometimes it gets gunked up, but that could be just to how I apply.

• Ease of Application:

Best mascara on the market!

Comments about Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara:

This mascara does it all.....defines, volumizes, lengthens lashes and stays on for hours and can be layered for a full, lush look. Lasts all day.

Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara is beautiful and stays on....at 5pm my eyes look great even when the mascara is applied at 6am!

Ease of Application
Goes on easily, doesn't clump and looks great. First and only mascara I have ever worn because it is easy to use and supplies so many features for great looking lashes.

What a great product!

Comments about Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara:

I am not much of a make up wearer, and wasn't all that excited about being guilted into having my Mary Kay party, but am glad that I wound up buying this great mascara. It works great for my lashes. I don't have any problems with clumping, or with it being so thick it ends up all over my eyelids. I feel like it lasts a long time without having to be reapplied. It also doesn't tend to run very easily. I even find that it still looks like I have mascara still on in the morning if I didn't wash my face before going to bed. I recently had to throw my Mary Kay mascara out because I had had it for a good long time and bought a cheap mascara to replace it, and am sorry that I didn't contact a Mary Kay representative to get some more. It hasn't been a disappointment to me!

I find that my lashes really do look longer and fuller with this Mary Kay mascara. It does well lasting through the day.

Ease of Application
No problems here! I love how easily I can swipe this on and go.

The best out there

Comments about Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara:

First off, I'm not a big makeup wearer. I have phases were I wear makeup regularly and then not for a while. I have short striaght lashes, small eyes and wear glasses. So, for a mascara to be noticable without any help, such as multible coats and curling, is a big deal for me. I went to a MaryKay makeover party and this was the mascara the consultant used. I love it! This is by far the best mascara I have ever used! It goes on smooth, with very little clumping, does not make my lashes feel dry and stuck together, adds a natural curl, lashes look longer, fuller and is noticable when my glasses are on. There are times that I forget that I have the mascara on and fall asleep without taking it off first. When I wake up, my eyes are not irratated and there is not mascara all over my face. That's another thing, the mascara stays on a long time and comes off easily when I remove it. The look and feel of the mascara are great! I do not mind paying the extra cost for this item because it does what it says. I couldn't be happier!

The best

from Columbus GA

Comments about Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara:

I have been using the Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara for years now and I try do love it. The Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara has got to be the most wonderful best mascara in the market today. This mascara goes on so even and smooth. One of the best things about this mascara is that it dries very quickly therefore when you blink you do not have to worry about it getting on your skin. Another good thing about this Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara is that it goes on smooth without being clumpy. A lot of mascaras on the market today clump up and then it is lumpy and looks hideous. You do not have to worry about that happening with this mascara. This Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara will leave your lashes looking very beautiful and also very natural. The Mary Kay name/products are very popular and loved by many many people. I would certainly recommend this product to all of my friends and family as I know that you will love it.

• Ease of Application:

Amazing length, beautiful lashes, and practically waterproof!

Comments about Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara:

I have tried a lot of different mascaras. Tons of formulas, tons of brush shapes, etc. but Mary Kay Ultimate mascara is currently my favorite.

I think the thing I love most about this mascara is that it's creamy. I've used too many sticky mascaras that are prone to clumping, so the first time I pulled the wand out of the tube I was excited. No stickiness, it glides easily out of the tube, and covers amazingly. It really lengthens and thickens my lashes.

The mascara I use is not the waterproof formula, but it might as well be. You really do need eye makeup remover to get this stuff off, which is awesome. (Just make sure you do invest in some remover. Trust me.)

I really don't have issues with this product flaking off as the day goes on, and for such thick coverage I don't have to worry about raccoon eyes either.

I think the price is right for this mascara. I've paid less on other mascaras, but I can tell. In this case you really do get what you pay for.

Performs exactly as a high quality mascara should!

Ease of Application
Glides on smooth, brush is just the right size and shape.

• Ease of Application:

My favorite brand of mascara!

Comments about Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara:

This mascara gives full coverage on my eyelashes and make my lashes look long, bold, and beautiful. The product does a pretty well job of sustaining water without the smudges and it's long lasting wear can last you throughout the day.

It's does its job perfectly! It makes my lashes look classy and bold!

• Ease of Application:

This product is great and easy to use.

Comments about Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara:

I've noticed my eyelashes seem longer after applying this. The brush really grabs all of eyelashes (including the strays) and pulls them up. The formula also keeps them for clumping together. It really helps with the definition of my lashes. I also like that the mascara is black. It gives my eyelashes a uniform color and a uniform look.

This product is great. I love using it and the way it lengthens my lashes. I can tell a difference when I use it and so can my friends. They think I'm wearing fake lashes when I wear this mascara.

Ease of Application
This product was easy to use, and I love the size and shape of the brush. It isn't too long for lashes and doesn't smear mascara on my face when I use it. I also like the shape of the handle. It's super easy to hold and great for maneuvering around to get every single eyelash. It's a really great mascara formula with a great brush to put it on with. Thanks Mary Kay.