3.8
Maybelline

3.8

Pros

Cons

It's great at evening out skin...love it!

I absolutely love Maybelline Mineral Power Powder Foundation! It's made of 100% natural minerals with no preservatives, fragrance, fillers, or oils which is great and a healthy alternative to other foundations which tend to clog pores. It's very easy to apply and I am by no means great at doing makeup which is why this is great.  It does just as it says "natural perfecting". Being a redhead I have tons of freckles and this does a great job at evening out my skin beautifully, giving me a natural look, and it doesn't feel heavy. I do use a concealer under my eyes and on pimples for a little more coverage with the mineral foundation. I feel it helps it stay longer. I usually have to touch up after an 8 hour work day. I don't have a ton of money to spend on makeup and this is a great alternative to those expensive mineral foundations. It's won awards including Oprah Magazine's Spring Makeup O-wards 2008 "Most Comprehensive Mineral Makeup Line" and Self's Healthy Beauty Award 2008 "Best Mineral Powder Foundation". In addition, it comes with a 100% natural kabuki brush. I would and have recommended this to those really wanting an even out and perfect skin tone. My next goal is to try the Maybelline Mineral Power Blush.

A step in the right direction for inexpensive mineral makeup.

Okay, we almost have it. My tireless quest for the perfect inexpensive mineral foundation has led me to this, which turns out to be not quite as awe inspiring I'd hoped, but not bad, either.This stuff has passed the all-important coverage test with flying colors. It does seem like you have to use a bit too much to achieve concealment of trouble spots, and the effect can be a bit cakey, but not distressingly so. It stays on forever, even around the nose (during cold season!), and completely lacks the unfortunate effect of highlighting enlarged pores that other, similar products have produced.As with Jane Be Pure however, the color is slightly off. Who has pale orange skin, really? I've found that a very light application will of course look most natural, but any attempt to lay it on thick over, say, under-eye luggage will leave one looking rather like one has used the politically questionable "flesh" tone crayon of old to conceal one's imperfections.The little brush that comes along with this makeup is not only convenient and adorable, but super soft and surpirisingly adept at its job (though it takes a couple of applications to loosen up). Its only shortcoming is that the container doesn't allow for storage of said brush within it, which makes it less than ideal for carrying on the go.One word of advice when using this product is to make sure to wear a good moisturizer underneath. While it hasn't caused any show stopping problems so far, this stuff can be a little drying, especially on sensitive skin.Overall, I'd say this is a solidly decent value, but I'm still going to keep looking.

A very impressive powder!

Comments about Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Powder Foundation:

I think this is definitely one of Maybelline's best face products. I love this mineral powder because unlike most other drug store mineral powders, it doesn't settle into fine lines or accentuate wrinkles or pores. This is a very finely milled powder, so a little goes a long way, and I don't have a cakey looking finish, but a natural, airbrushed, matte finish. I also like how for once, the brush that comes with this product doesn't loose tons of bristles when I use it, and it is durable. This product gives me a medium coverage, and significantly reduces the redness of any blemishes I may have, and it does an excellent job of covering up any old acne scars or small spots. I think this is one of the best mineral powder foundations on the drug store market, and it reminds me of some of Bare Mineral's products. I would recommend this product to people who are looking for a light to medium coverage with a natural, flawless finish. I will be repurchasing this product for sure.

Overall decent product for the money.

from West Virginia

Comments about Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Powder Foundation:

First let me say I love that this comes with it's own brush and that the brush actually turned out to be decent. A lot of inexpensive products that come with an applicator tend to have very poorly made applicators but this one stands the test. The brush is kind of small and you have to get up close and personal with it but it's very soft.

It did take a little working to get the bristled softened but that was because it was new. I just pushed it back and forth a few times with my hand to soften and expand the brush.

Now for the foundation. I love the way the container is made so that I don't end up with a ton of powder everywhere. It's got a little bit of an edge so I can tap off excess foundation.

I am porcelain skin toned and have no real brown or tan color to me. This does have a little hint of orange to it like most foundations I've tried. I can't quite get a true match but it goes on very well. I can apply a thin layer over my primer and it lasts all day long. It also blends easily around trouble area but again it has an orange like tint that is just so noticeable to me because I am very pale.

For the money you pay, it's an alright mineral makeup. It isn't great but I've found much worse. I notice it goes best if I use primer and/or concealer in my trouble areas before hand so it doesn't end up looking too orange when I try to layer on those areas. It does an okay job covering acne but if you layer too much you can see it on your skin.

Overall, good buy for the price but you may want to consider spending a little more on a more natural toned brand.

perfect for the summer time

Comments about Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Powder Foundation:

When the summer comes I don't like to wear as much foundation on my face. This Maybelline mineral power natural perfecting powder foundation is so lightweight and it goes all over my face making it feel like it can breathe. I like how its not heavy and it doesn't leave my face oily. Just a couple of strokes on my face with a brush and it goes all over my face giving it light to medium coverage. It doesn't cover dark circles or dark spots but it does make the face blend and look natural. It makes my face look really soft and gives a matte finish. It has little tiny shimmers in it that make my face glow. I only have to apply this mineral foundation once and it lasts me all day. It blends in with my face color very well and it doesn't make me breakout. I would recommend this to anybody that wants a natural tint of foundation on there face. Its affordable to buy and I would definitely but this foundation again in the summer time.

Skip the Maybelline Powder

from Louisiana

Comments about Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Powder Foundation:

I wasn't impressed with Maybelline's Mineral Powder Natural Perfecting Powder Foundation. First, the brush that comes with the powder is not the best to use to apply the make up, so I had to use my own brush. I found it was too short and fat and didn't spread the powder well all over my face. The powder itself got everywhere due to the design of the container. I always made a mess using this, which was annoying. The powder did not go on evenly and I struggled to blend it in with my face. It took way too much time to apply this and even it out every time I applied it. It also did not do that great of a job covering up red spots. I ended up having to use a concealer over my red spots just to hide them. This powder also got stuck in the creases near my nose or in between my eyebrows. Not very attractive! I used about half of the Maybelline Powder before finally throwing it away. It is a cheap product with cheap results.

A good light coverage (only) powder

Comments about Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Powder Foundation:

I am not overly impressed by this foundation. Its pretty cheap and lasts forever, but isn't appropriate for my needs. They do not make a color that matches my skin tone to my liking, and the tones seem orange to me. When put on lightly just to set a liquid foundation it works great and helps to even out the redness I have on my cheeks but that is as far as it goes. If put on thicker to help with blemishes or under eye darkness it begins to look very orange, cakey, and doesn't blend into the jawline well at all. It doesn't seem to clog my pores beyond what other products do and really helps control the shine at the end of the day, so I still use it when I only need very light coverage. During the summer I usually stay away from foundations as I am outside all day and it only takes a few minutes to start sweating and look like a mess. This foundation is no different. It streaks terribly when sweating. The small size is good for putting in a purse when traveling, but I've never needed to reapply it. However, there is no way to store the brush with it. I usually don't use the brush that comes with the product anyways. The brush is too stiff and applies the product too heavily. Overall, this is great for someone staying out of the elements that only needs a light coverage or wants a matte look, but not for someone that needs help covering imperfections.

You did not carry the shade that I really needed for my skin.

Comments about Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Powder Foundation:

I was a little bit frustrated once I bought the lightest shade available in this makeup, and then when I brushed it on my face after I had used foundation, this looked very dark on my pale skin. There are not many makeup lines that carry makeup that is pale enough for my skin, but Maybelline is one of my favorite makeup brands and that was disheartening. Other than that, I thought that the product itself worked very well, but it's hard to enjoy the good things when I only see how dark this made me.

Light, Natural Coverage

Comments about Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Powder Foundation:

A few years ago I wanted to try mineral make-up because I feel liquid make-up clogs my pores and I don't like the appearance after wearing for a while. I ordered Bare Escentuals through an infomercial and really liked the feel of the make-up. When I finished my first shipment I decided to try out an over the counter brand to see if I could find a less expensive mineral make-up that would work well for me. Well, I discovered Maybelline Mineral Power Natural and cancelled my subscription to Bare Escentuals on that same day and have been a loyal user since. You can not beat the price and the comparison to the more expensive brands is unbelievable. When I wear this make-up I feel like I am not wearing anything at all. I also get comments on how smooth my skin looks when wearing it. I have tried both the light and medium coverage and tend to purchase the medium more often for a little added color. It is now my go to brand and the brand I recommend to family and friends.

used it for years

Comments about Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Powder Foundation:

i began using this makeup after using bare minerals for years. I needed a cheaper alternative. it works really well, but if you have acne prone skin, like i do, it's hard to camouflage any acne/bumps. it would work really well with a foundation / concealer combination.

Comments about Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Powder Foundation:

I am a maybelline beauty lover and i pretty tried every products from them. I have been using Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Powder Foundation on and off for about 7 months.The powder adds a glistening matifying pink effect on my skin which is actually more on it considering other foundation. It is somewhat little pricey for me but worth a buy.It feels light and looks natural.It use it with the finishing veil to keep the oiliness away.The foundation is a bit more in pink shade,I would take this advantage to project my cheek bones well. And the brush is little rough, so i am using a differect one for this.It takes some time to set on the skin. The packaging is okay and the product pretty well stays for 1.5 months. My skin is sensitive in approach and i have combination skin too. It is not bendable on my skin and that's why most of them feels it is botchy. But i would manage this with a liquid foundation.

Overall, I am quite happy with this product and would use it on and off to project a pinky tone on the cheeks.

LOVE this stuff!!!

from Dearborn Heights, MI

Comments about Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Powder Foundation:

I use a lot of MAC products, but when I find something cheaper that works just as good, I take it!! This is one of those products that is cheaper than the department store makeup, but works just as well!! I have oily skin, and I always wear foundation because I have so many imperfections. I use foundation to cover up redness and dark circles mostly...Basically just to even my skin tone out. The Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Powder Foundation is absolutely amazing. It is super light and airy and goes on very smooth. I don't use the little brush it comes with though...I use my MAC brush...however, I am sure any brush would work just fine. I highly recommend this product as a setting powder to any foundation. I even get a tone a little bit darker than my own skin tone and use it as a slight bronzer as well. This is like two products in one. My face is less oily with this product.