View more foundation

Maybelline
Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Liquid Foundation

Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Liquid Foundation

3.8

Not really mineral foundation but pretty decent nonetheless.

***Quick View:*** Technology meets minerals. This is NOT pure mineral makeup but it does omit some yucky ingredients and is healthier for your skin than run of the mill make up. I like it. I don't LOVE it, but I like it.***About Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Foundation***I was shopping at Rite Aid with my sister and saw the whole line of Maybelline Mineral Powder make up and it was on sale for buy one, get one free! By the time I left the store, I had the entire line in my bag (with the receipt of course!). The foundation, in particular, looked like the perfect solution for my dry skin. Mineral make up in a liquid form! But what I didn't realize until I got home was that this make up is NOT pure minerals. It is a combination of minerals and regular chemical stuff. Still, it has less yucky stuff in it than other foundations.**Maybelline touts this foundation this way:***Only our formula combines micro-minerals with a liquid in a lightweight texture for a healthier, more natural finish• Naturally breathable, seamlessly blendable• Provides buildable, even coverage• Talc-Free• Oil-free• Fragrance-Free• Non pore-clogging• SPF 18 sunscreen• Medium Coverage*So this is an oil free, talc free foundation with SPF 18 in it. It is in a little plastic bottle and you squeeze out the liquid. It glides on nicely but it is more sheer than medium coverage. There seems to be a slight pearly look to thus foundation which lights up my face a bit. I didn't like that at first but I got used to it.The store had little testers of each color and I put a dab on my wrist, finding the perfect color. I liked that I was able to actually see the colors that way although I am aware of the bacteria that those testers harbor, hence the wrist not chin application. The color is perfect and the foundation lasts on my face. I always use primer first which keeps my make up on for hours with no touch ups.Together, this foundation with the blush, concealer, and mineral veil look really soft and pretty on me. These aren't my favorite cosmetics but I do like the foundation enough to use it over many others I have hoarded. And the price was right!Will I buy this foundation again? Oh, I don't know. Depends on if the sale is right and if I don't find anything I like better before I run out of what I have. It isn't a MUST HAVE but I think it is worth a try. I was ticked that I was mislead into believing this was all mineral make up but, if you look at most drugstore mineral make up, it really isn't. It just has some minerals in it. ***My Viewpoint***In 16 shades and with nothing nasty in it to clog pores, this may be a very good choice for those with sensitive skin. Oil free is also a good thing and, although my skin is dry, this foundation doesn't dull it like some oil free foundations can. I like it. I don't love it but what's love got to do with it? ***4 stars*** :)

"Melted" off, and why do they call it mineral?

Thank goodness I didn't pay to try this foundation out.  I received a free sample, so I tried it on a Sunday morning.  I would NEVER buy this stuff!  Why do they call it mineral foundation anyway?  It's regular foundation, and not a good one at that.

I have a really uneven skin tone, so I need a foundation to even things out for me.  This foundation did NOT do that at all.  It had a watery consistency, and although it went on smoothly, it didn't even things out at all.  Also, it melted off when I started doing housework!  The last thing a girl needs is to have her face slide off when she gets active!

I'll stick to my normal brand, and leave this stuff to the girl's that don't need a lot of coverage.  It may actually work for them.

Flawless coverage that looks natural!

from Smyrna, TN

Comments about Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Liquid Foundation:

I've been using mineral powder foundation for years now -- but this was my first liquid foundation purchase. I'm very happy that I did! The foundation goes on smoothly, leaves a flawless finish, doesn't feel greasy, and doesn't make you look "fake" or "made up," rather appears natural!

Decent product, but poor packaging

from Madison, WI

Comments about Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Liquid Foundation:

I purchased this to try the new mineral formula (a couple years ago), and thought it worked well. I have fair skin and got the palest color, and even that was a little too dark (I use it in the summer when I get a touch of color). The coverage was medium, and just what I wanted to blend in some spotty patches I have without looking caked on.

My main concern with this product was the packaging. The cap does not seem to stop the product from coming out of the bottle as much as it should, so when I would open it, some would drip out. This meant that while traveling, it could go all over the applicator, and the bottom of the cover, and thus get all over the rest of my makeup bag. I resorted to never traveling with this and slowly used it up only using it at home. I would recommend getting a different bottle if you want to take this with you places, otherwise put it in a separate compartment and wipe it down before and after every use.

A Mediocre Foundation

Comments about Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Liquid Foundation:

I purchased this foundation after buying concealer of the same brand and collection. My hopes were that the concealer's quality would be found in the foundation that was part of the same mineral collection, but I was wrong. The foundation is very liquid and is very greasy. As I was applying it to my face I noticed how it built up in every crease and crevice. It doesn't go on very smoothly at all.The color is matching of that in the bottle but for me the tones seem a bit dark for what they are named. Beige seemed more like a tan.

On the positive side, for the price you do get a lot and it will last over a month or two. For someone with a darker complex this may work better but if I was using it alone I'd definitely put a powder over top of it to make it stick.

The consistency of the makeup is just a little too liquid and comes off a little too quickly so unless you want to be applying it multiple times a day, I'd put some powder over it.

LOOOOVE IT!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Liquid Foundation:

I cannot find this anywhere by me (midwest) for some reason. Covers up the best. I do have to reapply but this little bottle is lightweight and lasted me easily 6mos (could be longer). A little goes a long way. Face/skin responses great to this liquid. I have adult acne not to mention very sensitive skin. Other products are just not as good as this was to my skin and coverign up marks? WoW. It's really a great product. When I do other peoples makeup I usually try to use this on any blemishes they have cuz it's such a good foundation and coverup.

Doesn't make my skin worse which is hard to find. At the end of the day my skin looks better if I use this product.

Great Foundation!

from Mauldin, SC

Comments about Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Liquid Foundation:

I have very oily and sensitive skin. Finding the right foundation has always been difficult for me because most foundations go on too thick, making my skin very shiny. Finding the right shade is also hard to do. With Maybelline Mineral Powder Natural Perfecting Liquid Foundation finding the right balance between coverage and shade is easier than ever. It goes on smoothly and light. It provides full coverage but it's natural powder liquid foundation is great for sensitive skin. It doesn't cause breakouts like most thick foundations because it is all natural. There is also no need for powder on top of the foundation. It's 2-in-1 coverage is great and lasting! This product is also very affordable! I love Maybelline products for the quality and value! I am a money-saving college student, so affordable makeup is worth searching for! This foundation works great and I would recommend it to anyone!

I love Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Foundation

from Jupiter, FL

Comments about Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Liquid Foundation:

I have been suffering with adult acne on and off for the last 4 years. I went to estheticians and dermatologists for it. I was always trying to find foundation that would cover up all the redness and imperfections. Powders collect around blemishes and collect in fine lines especially when you are drying your face out with all the acne cleansers. I used all the top name mineral makeups and they work fine but cost a fortune! When I saw that covergirl had come out with a mineral make up, against the warnings of my esthetician I tried it. It works so well. It goes on really smooth and covers really well. I don't feel like it makes me break out  and I actually had people ask me what kind of makeup I wear because they say it looks airbrushed. I like to finish it with covergirl mineral pressed powder. I also really like the way it covers dark under eye circles. I keep a couple different colors so sometimes I use the lighter color under my eyes. I bought a slightly more expensive mineral makeup recently and couldn't wait until I ran out because I liked the covergirl better. Funny thing, my sister said the same thing!

Love my Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Foundation!

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Liquid Foundation:

I typically prefer to spend a little more money and buy my foundation from a department store beauty counter, but this drugstore brand is fabulous!  It goes on easy, feels light (not like you've got a ton of it on), and has a nice matte finish.  In fact, I usually don't even wear powder it's so nice of a finish.  It really seems to make my skin softer and smoother - I guess that's the mineral powder at work.  It's lasted me several months already, and I doubt I'll need to buy more for another month or two - very affordable!  A little goes a long way as it seems to go on very smoothly and spread well.  I'm pleased with the shade I chose - seems to be very true to the color I expected it to be.  Doesn't clog my pores, comes off easily.  Many foundations seem to get greasy by the middle of the day, but I'm able to wear Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Liquid Foundation all day without worrying about the shiny greasy spots.  Great product!

Great Drugstore Foundation that Covers Well

from Corvallis, OR

Comments about Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Liquid Foundation:

Our household has recently been cutting back on expenditures, so I sought a less-expensive alternative to my Clinique makeup. I tried the Maybelline Mineral Powder Liquid Foundation and it was better than I anticipated, and better than a competing Cover Girl product that I tried. I am in my mid-30s and have not used drugstore makeup since I was in my teens, but I think this one covers well. I see where it is not "true" mineral makeup and, yes, it doesn't produce quite the same flawless appearance but it works OK. I don't like the way that it looks on the drier areas of my face as much.

I don't feel like this is heavy makeup at all and I haven't had any problems with my skin since starting to use it. Paired with the Maybelline Mineral Powder concealer and the Maybelline Mineral Powder loose powder I've been quite pleased. I can see where it does not wear quite as well as a more expensive brand because at the end of the day, I wash off less makeup, but it's not gone completely as some reviews have said. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative to your mid-range cosmetics like Mary Kay or Clinique, this one should work for you.

holy cow! the best drugstore foundation!

from roseville, CA

Comments about Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Liquid Foundation:

i think i am in love with this founation! it is the best fouantion that i have tried on my skin that looks really nice on my skin. it blends in amazingly and does not look cakey at all. i like to rub this foundation on my fingers and then apply it on my face. i then use a flat top kabuki to blend it around my face and it looks so great on! it does not look heavy and does not clog my pores. it looks so natural and flawless on. it is oil free so you wont look shiny throughout the day. i also love how it is so affordable and really cheap compared to high end foundation and it gives amazing resutls! i would recommend this to anybody who wants a good foundtion that loosk so great on and that it will give you the best coverage ever! i sometimes get lazy and dont use a foundation primer and i find that it still lasts all day without a primer i just like to dust some loose powder on my face so it can last longer and that is all! get this and you will really enjoy using this and be excited to put makeup on in the morning!

Nice smooth foundation

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Liquid Foundation:

I purchased the Maybelline New York Mineral Power foundation when my local Rite Aid was offering their Maybelline products at 40% off. I also had a coupon so I decided I would try this new product.  Overall, I like the foundation. The color is a little to dark for me but that was my mistake in picking colors. I used the chart that was provided at the store and thought I got the correct one but it is too dark. I would probably recommend going one shade lighter than what you think it will be.  The cool thing about this foundation is that it has SPF 18 sunscreen in it. I am very bad about wearing sunscreen so I was happy to learn that this product already had it in it.  The foundation went on smoothly and had pretty good staying power. The bottle is pretty small but for the discounted price it was still a very good deal.  The foundation did not cause any skin irritation but I did need to reapply later in the day.