3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Meets my expectations; a very good mascara.

I have been trying to find a really good mascara ever since my favorite was discontinued a while ago. I have tried quite a few different brands with different results and I since I'm willing to give different products a try, I decided on this one. There are certain criteria I prefer in a mascara and this one meets or exceeds nearly all of them. First and foremost, I absolutely can't stand a mascara that smudges or smears all over my brow bone, and below my lower lashes making me look like a raccoon by the time I get to work, and this one doesn't do this. The second is the brush. This one I really like, not just because it has the little fibers on it that is supposed to lengthen your lashes. It seems like it has the right amount of product on the wand to keep it from being too goopy or globby and I don't end up with spider lashes when I apply several coats since I like a bit of a more dramatic eye. However, because of that I do have some flaking that I probably wouldn't have if I didn't prefer my lashes a bit more dramatic. But, that's not a deal breaker for me with this mascara since the flakes are actually pretty minimal and I only have to brush them away one time. Now, just because the fibers don't lengthen my lashes, it doesn't mean it won't work for someone else. I have read reviews on other websites and other women have reported that it works for them. It's entirely possible that I'm not applying it the right way in order for it to work like it says but that's not really an issue for me since my lashes are already pretty long; I'm just looking for a mascara that I can stick with. Third is the length of wear. I don't have to keep re-applying my mascara during the day since it doesn't smudge all over my eyes and the minimal flaking keeps me from having to do this as well. Fourth is how easy it is to remove at night. I find that even with this being waterproof it is very easy to wash off with soap and water and any remaining residue is easily removed with eye makeup remover. Overall, I believe I will be sticking with this mascara as long as they keep making it because I really don't want to have to go through the search process again :-)

Fiber Extensions? Nope. Puny lashes with a weird brush!

I have a mascara-buying disease that prevents me from walking past a new mascara and not throwing it in my shopping cart. New claims, brushes, inventions or exciting wording makes me feel like I must try a new product even though I know I'll probably end up disappointed. The words "fiber extensions" are what initially led me to buy this mascara. What a farce!

Not only did I NOT experience "Instant lash extensions" as the package describes, I didn't get much of anything from **Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara**. What a major disappointment. The packaging claims to provide 4mm fiber extensions to your lashes. I barely got any length at all, not to mention absolutely NO volume. I also can't stand the brush. The spiky bristles look interesting, but don't actually have any benefits. The only reason why this product isn't getting the worst rating possible is because it doesn't clump or flake at all.

This doesn't clump or flake at all.

Comments about Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara:

I was very happy with how this mascara made my eyelashes look. A lot of the time, mascara will lengthen and thicken my lashes, but it will also flake all over my eyes and it's a bit annoying. This on the other hand didn't, which was quite refreshing and I definitely appreciated that quality within this.

GREAT Mascara!

Comments about Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara:

I was so skeptical about this mascara before I tried it, but I am SO GLAD I did! I even liked it better than my previous favorite, Benefit BadGal Lash. Illegal Length mascara made my eyelashes look longer, AND fuller with no clumps. The mascara applies very easily, and is builds nicely. The best thing about this mascara though is the fact that it didn't make my eyelashes stiff! Personally that is a HUGE no no for me when it comes to mascaras. I want my lashes HUGE and SOFT, and not feeling like my lashes are going to break off with impact.
This mascara actually replaced Benefit Bad Gal Lash for me, and I'm saving a lot of money because of it. GREAT mascara.

Does what it says! LONG lashes and no clumps. It does not flake off on your face throughout the day. Stays put quite nicely.

Ease of Application
SO EASY TO APPLY! The want is JUST big enough to where you get lots of volume, but not too big so you get mascara all over your face while you are applying. It doesn't clump, so it builds easily too.

• Ease of Application:

Maybelline's Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara RULES!

from Troy, OH

Comments about Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara:

Maybelline's Illegal Lenth Fiber Extensions Mascara just moved to the top of my "Don't leave home without it" list! I love what this does to my appearence. I'm an eyelash challenged girl, but you couldn't tell from this mascara! My eyelashes are so long now that sometimes my bangs get tangled in them. That never used to happen. The downfall is that they do smudge pretty easy, but it's a small price to pay to finally have eyelashes!

My Favorite Mascara

from Tulsa, OK

Comments about Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara:

This mascara is great and I have bought it multiple times since I discovered it. It really does make your lashes look longer and bolder. I love it because it DOESN'T come off easily. Drives me nuts when your makeup is all gone by the end of the day. Sometimes, if I go to bed without removing it, it will even last through the next day. Doesn't even come off in the pool! Some may not like this, but it's a big plus for me. It will come right off with makeup remover or washing your face with soap. It's not permanent! I will continue to buy Illegal length lashes!

Live's up to it's name!

Comments about Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara:

Love this mascara! Makes you have major length and no clumping,which I have a problem finding a mascara that doesn't clump over time! I did find however on days that I had some eye allergys the mascara once I had applied it made my already sensitive eyes more sensitive,which I didn't like!

Ease of Application
The wand is perfect for easy application and I am able to easily get mascara on each lash with ease.

Disappointing

from Laredo, TX

Comments about Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara:

I was so excited to purchase this as is was the only drug store mascara with false fibers. I liked it's wand & had very high expectations. Only to be let down. I have decently long lashes with a fair amount of curl. These made them pin-straight & it was extremely clumpy. Also, it was very difficult to remove & had a very odd, over-whelming scent. If anything, this would work on people with extremely short lashes that have got no curl. I tried it with and without an eyelash curler, no luck.

• Ease of Application:

It will do until I run out & replace it with something else.

from Alma, AR

Comments about Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara:

I had great expectations for this product. I was disappointed. While it did seem to add a little length, it didn't live up to the advertising. It also gave NO volume (I know it isn't made for that, but you usually get a little anyway). My biggest problem was the clumping - I'd prefer not to have to spend a lot of time separating eyelashes. It seems like most of the fibers would get sideways & stick lashes together instead of going to the end of the lash to lengthen it. On a positive note, it did wear well with minimal smudging for the most part.

Ease of Application
I have clumping problems with it.

Long lashes.

from Apollo Beach, FL

Comments about Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara:

This is a fantastic mascara. The only reason I didn't give it a higher score is because I think the formula dries out too quickly in the tube, even though I kept the cap tightly closed between uses.

This mascara made my lashes look extremely long.

Ease of Application
The bristled brush provided very easy application.

• Ease of Application:

It gives you a false lash effect

from Germantown, MD

Comments about Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara:

I already have long, dark lashes, but they aren't enough for me! I love the look false lashes give, but hate putting them on and taking them off. When i use this it really looks like I am wearing false lashes, but it is all my natural own.

I apply 3-4 coats usually, and it clumps sometimes, but nothing that a lash comb can't fix

again, some clumping issues

• Ease of Application:

Fiber Extensions? Nope. Puny lashes with a weird brush!

from Camp Lejeune, NC