Other Mascaras:
Maybelline
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

Pros

• Applies evenly (5)
  • Lengthens (5)
  • Adds volume (4)
  • Defines & separates (4)
  • Doesn't clump (4)

• Anytime (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Natural style (3)

All the mascaras I've ever tried, I always come back to the best

I really love make-up and I love to buy and try new kinds. I have tried all kinds of mascara, I went through a phase that if it was not high end name brand make-up, it wouldn't work as well and I wouldn't buy it. Then I went through times where I could not afford the high end brands any longer. No matter what I tried I always came back to the best.

The assets that Great Lash has is that it can be put on quickly, looks great, affordable and lengthens and covers in one coat! Many other mascaras I have tried require two or three coats, and still do not measure up to the length and coverage I can get from Great Lash with one coat. I have even tried a few of those mascaras that have two specific coats to lengthen your lashes. Still nothing has measured up.

I think Great Lash speaks for itself. My Mom has been using it for at least 30 years (she is 70 next month), and I believe this product was around before that. What says it better then the test of time?

Big thumbs up from me!

I would only buy this again in a pinch.

For years I didn't really care about mascara.  I just applied it so that my eyes didn't look lashless.  I had been using the **Maybelline Great Lash Mascara **for so long, I always just instinctively grabbed it when I went to the store.

A couple years ago, I started getting really interested in all the different mascaras.  I am a sucker for advertising and wanted to try all the mascaras I had seen commercials for.  They all bragged about tripling the volume, defining each lash and lengthening your lashes unbelievably long.  So I slowing began the mascara adventure.  I would buy one of brand A, and then I would try one from brand B and so on.  After having fun with all my new mascaras, I decided to try out the **Maybelline Great Lash Mascara **that I had been using for so long before.

The results?  I couldn't understand why I used this completely average mascara for so long!  It didn't volumize my lashes, it barely separated them and it definitely didn't lengthen them.  I guess I had been using this mascara to turn my blond lashes black.

Now that I love mascara and use it to amplify my eyes instead of just coat them black, I could never go back to the **Maybelline Great Lash Mascara**.  The one advantage to it and the reason why I probably started wearing it so many years ago is because it is a well-known mascara that has been around forever *and *is inexpensive.  However, if you are not looking for volume, lengthening or definition, this mascara could be for you.  If you prefer subtle lashes, but still want to use mascara, I would recommend this mascara.

**The Scoop!**

I would only use this mascara again if someone gave it to me.  I have too much fun with my eyes now to go back to such a mediocre product.

Oldie, but goodie!

from Gerrardstown, WV

About Me Natural Style

Pros

• Applies Evenly
  • Defines & Separates
  • Lengthens

Cons

• Dries Out Quickly

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Mascara:

This was one of my first mascaras ever, and I still pick them up today. It isn't the best, but it's fool-proof, so I know it won't let me down if I have to get ready at the last minute or something.

Definitely a repurchable mascara

from Toledo,Ohio

About Me Natural Style

Pros

• Adds Volume
  • Applies Evenly
  • Defines & Separates
  • Doesn't Clump
  • Lengthens

• Daytime
    • Going Out

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Mascara:

I use this mascara as my everyday go too product and I just love how it makes my lashes look like I have on false! I do have too say I do not care too much for the brush but I can live with that for as good as it performs.

Best Mascara

from El Paso, TX.

Pros

• Adds Volume
    • Applies Evenly
    • Defines & Separates
    • Doesn't Clump
    • Great Brush
    • Lengthens

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Mascara:

This is the best mascara I have ever used. I started using it when i was a teenager and when I try other brands you can't compare them to this one. This one gives you volume and length. My lashes look darker and the brush seperates my lashes very well. I always get compliments and get asked if I am wearing fake lashes and I always proudly tell people that they are my real lashes with the help of Maybelline of course. I really and truly recommend this product to anyone who wants beautiful long dark lashes with lots of volume.

i really love this product

from houston,tx

About Me Trendy Style

Pros

• Adds Volume
        • Applies Evenly
        • Doesn't Clump
        • Lengthens
        • perfect

• allday
          • Going Out

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Mascara:

the product is very inexpensive and applies evenly on already long eyelashes.

My pick

from Sonora, CA

About Me Natural Style

Pros

• Adds Volume
          • Applies Evenly
          • Defines & Separates
          • Doesn't Clump
          • Great Brush
          • Lengthens

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Mascara:

I have been using this mascara for years and have tried others here and there, but always come back to this one. First off, I have blonde lashes, so I need mascara, otherwise I look like I just woke up. This bottle is affordable, which is a plus. It goes on easy with no clumping (and I usually do two coats.) It washes off easily, which is nice because I just use water/soap instead of makeup remover. It seems to last awhile too, I've never had any issues with it drying out.

A good basic mascara!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Mascara:

I remember Maybelline great lash mascara being the first mascara that I ever wore. It has been around for awhile. They even have kept the look of it the same. It is a good basic mascara that goes on well and looks good on your lashes and with eye makeup. It doesn't have any bonus features like adding volume or curl, but it still works for making your eyes pop. This works even better if you use an eyelash curler before applying it. I would use this mascara again. The only reason that I don't use this still is that I have found other mascaras out there that I like better. This is still a good one though. It is usually a good price and it can be found at many stores. I would recommend giving it a try.

It is a good color and sits on your lashes well. There isn't a lot of clumps and it is a pretty good mascara.

Ease of Application
            It is easy to apply. You just unscrew the cap and put it on. I would not recommend pumping the brush because it lets air into your mascara. It goes on smoothly and easily.

• Ease of Application:

Great Lashes for a great price

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Mascara:

Maybelline Great Lash mascara is one of the cheapest but most effective mascaras I have ever purchased!
            First I curl my lashes with an eyelash curling tool and then apply this mascara to my top and bottom lashes. It has a very smooth texture and glides easily and evenly onto my lashes without clumping or smearing. I have also noticed that this mascara lasts throughout the day without having to reapply which I love!
            The mascara brush is very simple and easy to use. The shape is effective at coating each lash with an even coverage and it won't give you a clumpy look.
            This mascara comes in black that I know of, not sure if it comes in any colors! But black is the one I typically use on a day to day basis and this mascara is great for everyday use. It's very simple and gets the job done. Overall, I would highly recommend Maybelline Great Lashes mascara to anyone on a budget who doesn't want to sacrifice quality!

Love this mascara!

from TN

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Mascara:

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara brings back so many memories for me! For as long as I can remember my mom used this when I was a kid. I even first started to learn how to apply mascara with it. It has to be one of my all time favorites. There are so many mascaras to choose from, but none of them seem to give me the blackest color that I want like Maybelline Great Lash Mascara does! I love the dark, black dramatic look and with this mascara it is doable. I like to use a different mascara and then use this one on top of it to really bring out the color and fullness of my lashes.

This mascara works wonderfully for me alone and layered with another kind of mascara. Alone, I like to wear only one coat of this mascara on my lashes for an everyday look. Of course you can apply another layer on to make your eyes pop even more.

Ease of Application
            Maybelline Great Lash Mascara is very easy to apply. It has more of a classic wand that makes it simple. It does not clump up and mark my eyelashes stick together horribly either.

• Ease of Application:

Great lash is not so great

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Mascara:

For starters, I have heard from many sources, except people, that this is the all time best selling mascara which has been around for a long, long time. I was totally unimpressed. the only thing I found good about this product that it was easy to apply. Otherwise, I don't have much more to say that is good about it. I ran out of my usual mascara which I normally purchase online but I did not want to wait for it to be shipped to me so I went to a local store and decided to try "Great Lash" after hearing and seeing the many TV and magazine advertisements for it. When I got home I was excited to try it as I am with all new make up. I began to apply it the next morning and I did not see any product getting on my lashes so I would add more and more until I saw some lengthening but just a few minutes later it looked like I had not had any mascara on at all! I'm not sure why I didn't return it after trying it for a few days but I kept at it for three months, when is the length time I keep all of my mascaras. Maybe because it was so cheap. But as soon as those three months were up boy was I happy to get rid of it. I also realized that it was making my eyes water and sting often. I had assumed it was another make up product, but I was wrong about that. It was only after I stopped using it that I noticed no more watery, stinging eyes. The ads are obviously just a ploy. I would never purchase this mascara again.

• Ease of Application:

Great product, but a little clumpy.

Comments about Maybelline Great Lash Mascara:

It is great mascara. I liked the effect that it gives to the lashes, but it always seems to look and feel heavy and a little clumpy. I have bought this product several times and I have enjoyed it every time with very few complaints, but for example it is quite easily smudged if not fully and completely dry and it seemed to clump quite often but that can be resolved quite simply in most cases. Overall it is a pretty good product with a few flaws.

This mascara product was quite efficient at giving the appearance of full lashes, but it was no where near looking even mildly natural. It is the perfect product for going to clubs or parties.

Ease of Application
            This mascara product usually goes on pretty simply. Sometimes it could be really messy when and if it was smudged, but if you let it dry before intensively blinking or putting on sun glasses or regular reading glasses it would be fine. It was also quite difficult to get off if you got it on your skin.