3.9

Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish Foundation

3.9

Pros

Cons

A surprisingly good drugstore foundation for my dry, aging skin.

***Quick View:*** I bought this foundation on a whim when all Maybelline products were on sale for buy one, get one free at Rite AId. I expected poor results because I had a dreadful experience with [Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation][1] but, to my surprise, this foundation works very well for my dry skin.

***My Take on Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish***

I chose the shade Sandy Beige which is in the medium range. I trend to do well with sand shades. It is a perfect match for my skin. My skin is dry and aging. I am 46 years old and fighting visible signs of aging but I can only fight so hard alone. I use good skin care products but the right foundation is essential.

I always use a makeup primer first and I used [Tarte Clean Slate t5 Infused Natural Face Primer][2] before applying** Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish**. It comes in a pump bottle which I like. I only need a couple of pumps to cover my face. The foundation covers well without being too thick or unnatural looking. It is very hydrating which my thirsty skin loves. However, those with oily skin will probably hate how moisturizing this foundation is.

The coverage is just enough for me. I don't have huge flaws but I do have some uneven skin tone and a few things I would rather people not see on my face. **Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish** evened out my skin and hid the little flaws. I applied [JK Jemma Kidd Stain/Flush/Blush Concentrate][3] on my cheeks and my face was done. I used mascara and such but no powder or anything else on my face.

After about eight hours, I looked in the mirror and my face still looked fresh and dewy. The foundation didn't fade or sink into pores and it didn't accentuate fine lines at all. I was pleasantly surprised with how well** Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish **stood up over time, especially because I was in and out of wind and light rain and never even bothered to check the mirror because I was busy.

For a drugstore foundation, I am impressed. The [matte pot of this foundation][4] is probably better for oily skin types but I hated it. Despised what it did to my skin. Yet the pump bottle of the same formula gets a high rating!

**My Viewpoint**

**Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish** is a good foundation for  my dry and  aging skin. It really does seem to airbrush my skin and glosses over fine lines and flaws. It stays on for hours and doesn't cause4 me any skin irritation. I like it! ***4 stars.***

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Maybelline-Dream-Matte-Mousse-Foundation-review-9c00
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Tarte-Clean-Slate-t5-Infused-Natural-Face-Primer-review-fe202
[3]: http://www.viewpoints.com/JK-Jemma-Kidd-Stain-Flush-Blush-Concentrate-review-aa20
[4]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Maybelline-Dream-Matte-Mousse-Foundation-review-9c00

Not for Oily Skin Types

I tried this Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse because, well, I try 'em all (Maybelline products, that is). I seem to trust Maybelline a bit more than other reasonably priced cosmetic...Read complete review

I tried this Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse because, well, I try 'em all (Maybelline products, that is). I seem to trust Maybelline a bit more than other reasonably priced cosmetic products.

This one's a tough product to review, and I'm tempted to give it a higher number of stars because it goes on beautifully, and is not overly "matte-y". That said, if you have an oily complexion (and oddly I do at my age), you've only got a couple of hours before you'll find yourself blotting away at your oily skin.

This product also irritates my eyes, though I haven't a clue why. I don't "foundate" my eyes! ;)

Additionally, although the color itself has staying power, this foundation is a devil to wash off the skin!

If you've got the oilies, I'd recommend you steer clear of this one!

Holy Grail in foundation, not for people with facial sweating.

Comments about Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish Foundation:

I am going to give the cons of this product first for me. Number one, too dark as always with Maybelline. Even in the lightest shade. Number two, makes my facial sweating worse.
Now I will tell you why I am giving this product a ten anyway.
I have tried countless foundations. I've had rosacea since I was a child and as I get older (28 now) it is getting harder and harder to hide, not to mention all the more damage I've caused with abuse of makeup usage.
This foundation is the best buildable coverage I've gotten with it still feeling so good and light on my skin. And when I say buildable, it truly is. It won't look like crap if you keep piling it on. It blends very easily and easy to apply. It doesn't streak. It doesn't crease and cake in the sides of your nose. I would recommend being careful around the crows feet when you powder. This foundation does not irritate my skin. You can use it as a concealer because it covers that good and does not irritate my eyes which is usually a common issue for me as well.

Not very great shade selections.

from SalemNY

Comments about Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish Foundation:

When I first heard about the Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish Foundation, I ran to the store in search of it. I found the shade I use in many other foundations, the ivory/light, the lightest shade available and brought it home to see my skin transform in front of my eyes. The makeup went on very smooth and felt velvety, making my skin look like it had a matte finish. It covered my pores and blemishes flawlessly and looked great. Or so i thought. I went outside to see how it looked in natural light and I wasn't too happy. The makeup looked cakey and heavy and I hadn't even applied much. I used very little of it actually. The color was much darker than "ivory/light" and had a sort of orangey tint. This also highlighted dry areas even more, even though I used a moisturizer before hand. I was really hoping this makeup would work for me, but it is not available in a shade suitable for my skin and it is much to heavy for me to want to wear. I will not purchase again just because of the poor shade selection.

Heavy and Not for me

Comments about Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish Foundation:

I dislike this product because I think it is way too heavy. This foundation is highly pigmented, and it gives me a really full coverage. I feel like the formula of this product is really oily, which is a really bad thing for me, since I already have oily, acne prone skin. This foundation caused me to break out, which is really disappointing. I also didn't like how unnatural my face looked after I used this product. My face looked like I slathered myself in this product when in reality, I just used a dime sized amount. My face had a very cakey and heavy finish, and it didn't look airbrushed at all. I was very disappointed with this product, and definitely will not be repurchasing this product because I feel like it didn't have any desirable qualities. I do not recommend this product to anyone. I think this is one of Maybelline's worst face products, and I hope they either discontinue this product or try to remake the formula.

Pretty Good

Comments about Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish Foundation:

I use this Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish foundation on days when I need a little more coverage or when I have a special occasion that I need to look extra good for. (On the other days I just stick to the Maybelline BB Cream).

I really like this foundation because it's different from a lot of other foundations that I've used in the past. It is a liquid foundation, but it feels so light on my skin! I can layer it without it feeling or looking like my face has makeup caked onto it. Some people have commented that they can't even tell I'm wearing foundation when I use this product!

This foundation blends really well. I generally apply it with a makeup sponge, but there have been times when I've had to just apply it with my fingers and it still works great! It doesn't leave streaks on your face or anything like other liquid foundations can.

The color matches my skin tone surprisingly well. I've had some difficulty with this in the past, but Maybelline has so many shades to choose from that it was really easy to find my perfect shade.

Best of all, this product is really good for my sensitive skin. I've had some bad reactions to a lot of other liquid foundations, but so far I haven't had any with this Maybelline mousse.

I'd definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a lightweight liquid foundation for a little more coverage.

Nice foundation if you don't need a lot of coverage.

Comments about Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish Foundation:

There are many things I like about Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish Foundation. To start, I like the pump bottle. It is a lot more convenient and less messy than using a tube or a bottle that you pour from, and you don't have to shake it a lot to make sure the foundation hasn't settled. I also like the texture; although is isn't "mousse" per say, it is soft and not too thin or "liquidy" like other foundations I have tried. I found that the color I chose (nude) was an excellent match for my skin tone. The only thing I didn't like so much was that I had to re-cover a couple blemishes on my face a few times during the day because this foundation had faded a bit. I think if my complexion were clearer, this wouldn't be much of an issue. If you need heavier coverage, you may need to try something with more staying power. If you have a fairly good complexion, but just need to even out your skin tone, this foundation is an excellent choice.

Light and airy! great for your skin!

Comments about Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish Foundation:

This is my go to foundation. Not only is it light and airy, but it gives excellent coverage. I recently tried a different foundation, but returned and purchased this one again because of it's amazing coverage and breathable texture. This is a must have for anyone who wears makeup regularly!

Covers Imperfections Perfectly

Comments about Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish Foundation:

I must say, I do not use this product alone when I do my make up, however this foundation I can use without a concealer if I am in a hurry. It does a fantastic job at covering imperfections such as acne and uneven skin color. What I did not expect was for it to be as heavy as it was. Conpared to some of their other products, this felt heavy. I am very fair skinned, so it took some trying to find a shade which would match my skin tone. I found that this foundation line was a shade or two darker than my previous. It is something to pay attention to if you plan to try a new product.
It goes on extremely smooth and easy. You really can not tell that I am wearing a fuller coverage foundation. It looks very natural if put on corectly. It will not give you an air brushed look, but it does a good job at making your face look flawless. I still use it, but it is not my absolute favorite. It is worth trying for those who have imperfections which they wish to cover without completely clogging their pores.

Not worth it.

Comments about Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish Foundation:

I have tried the other Maybelline mousse products, but this one looked promising. I liked the advertising, the bottle, and the idea. It had more makeup than the other Maybelline mousse, but it was even worse. The makeup went on cakey, was way too dry, and did not have good color selection. I could not see what color I was getting either. I wanted an airbrushed look, but got a clay mask look! I do not recommend!

What a waste

Comments about Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish Foundation:

Only looks good for about an hour. Goes on smoothly. After a little while creases on my under eye bags. When applied it doesn't look anything like an airbrush finish. This was a complete waste of my time and money. I don't recommend anyone try this. Also increased the oil amount of my face. And my face is never really oily like this had it becoming.

THE NAME SAYS IT ALL

Comments about Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish Foundation:

Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish Foundation is one of the absolute BEST drugstore liquid foundations that is out there. This foundation is all that the name says, and more - it is an absolute dream. It goes on so smoothly and finishes light. It does not make my skin appear to be greasy or oily, nor does it leave it feeling cracked and dried out after I take it off. This foundation is super light in feeling; I never felt like it was caked on or pancake-y looking, like some other foundations. The coverage overall was spectacular! You would think that the way it goes on so lightly, it would not cover very well, but that is definitely not the case. I have a few scars on my face from acne, one pretty deep one above my left eyebrow, and one pretty big one to the left of my mouth, and this foundation covers them ALL without a problem., and without looking like I have ten pounds of foundation on my face. It never irritated my skin, and it was easy to apply all my other makeup on top of it. It barely looked like I was wearing any makeup at all!