3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Does what they said it would and no clumping or itchy eyes!

I've had bad luck with Maybelleine mascara products in the past. They would clump, make my eyes itch, sometimes smell a bit funky or too much fragrance in it AND worst of all... make my eyes look like something out of the "Rocky Horror Picture Show"!!!!!

When I saw it on sale i mustered up my courage to try it. Simple instructions...a good start... a little concerned about something I read, water proof but washes off easily with water(something like that) Did that mean it whould flake in the rain??  I checked a couple of specks one day, none another.

I didn't like the brush at first, it was a bit awkward, not what I'm used to. It didn't clump but made myeyelashes stick together in odd places, not a look I was going for :) Once I got the hang of the applicator it improved (Thank God!)

I got curious about the part  that said to apply only while lashes are wet. So I let them dry and applied more. Yikes!!!!! That's when it clumps, and flakes , alot. Ugh!

It went on thin at first, real thin ... the first dip showed nothing on the applicator. Had to dunk two more times just to coat the applicator. Then I hat to put a couple of coats on lashes, not bad though.

Now that I'm more used to this product I can get that almost natural look I like!

It is easy to wash off and I like that.

I definitely reccomend this mascara.

Define-A-Lash, Not the Best

Well, I have tryed tons and tons of differnt mascarra's. I stumbled apon this one in a christmas bundle, it was pacaged with two other mascarra's I had been wanting to try, so I figured I would get the budle and try them all out. -Plus buying them in the chrismas bundles is a affordable way to try out new ones! Anyways, I had heard really good things about this one from a few of my makeup girls. So I was really excited to give this a go. I have pretty small, fine lashes. So i'm allways looking for volume and length. This didn't deliver that for me. The applicator really annoyed me when i was putting it on, almost like it bends and its hard to get a good amount on your lashes. It deffinately stands up to its flake free advertiseing, but thats about all i liked about it. It makes my lashes look really seperated and almost makes them look thiner. I don't think that it gives my lashes much length either. It just looks weird on me. I have heard losts of good things bout this one, but it just didn't do it for me. I don't think I will be buying this one again.

This mascara is better for everyday looks.

Comments about Maybelline Define-A-Lash Lengthening Washable Mascara:

I thought this mascara was really nice when I wanted my makeup to look more natural and soft, I loved how it really combed through my eyelashes instead of clumping them all together. I did notice that it was very hard to get my eyelashes thick with this product, just from the wand and the actual formula. It's definitely meant to be used on a regular day, not so much if you want to go out or go to a club. The one thing I didn't like with this mascara was that it was very dry, almost crunchy.

Great Price, Great Mascara

Comments about Maybelline Define-A-Lash Lengthening Washable Mascara:

Maybelline Define-A-Lash Lengthening Washable Mascara is a great mascara for the price. I love how easily it goes on and stays on throughout the day. It only takes about two coats, which I typically do with every mascara, and it lengthens, volumes, and curls with ease. It bottle lasts quiet awhile before it starts to dry out as well. I found that one tube of this mascara lasts a little over a month. I use the blackest black color of this mascara and it really makes my eyes pop. I have never had a problem with it flaking off and it easily washes off in the shower with face wash or with make up remover. You don't have to scrub it off either which I love. This mascara doesn't irritate my eyes or skin around my eyes and I have found that it wipes easily off the skin if I get a little carried away with it. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a new mascara and not wanting to pay a lot.

My Lashes Have Never Looked Better

from West Jordan, UT

Comments about Maybelline Define-A-Lash Lengthening Washable Mascara:

This is my new favorite mascara. I used the Maybelline mascara in the pink tube with green lid for years and it did a satisfactory job but then I decided to explore a bit. I found other mascaras that I LIKED but only when I tried this one did I fall in love. :) The wand is very flexible with soft plastic bristles. It actually took me a few tries to get used to the flexibility because I wasn't used to it, but now that I am I swear my lashes get covered completely and evenly and look longer than ever before. This mascara makes my make-up application time much shorter but my eyelashes looking much better. It also does not get smudgy as the day goes on and, though I don't use waterproof mascara, when I cry it stays put (but washes off easily at the end of the day). I would definitely recommend giving it a try!

Great Mascara

from North Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Maybelline Define-A-Lash Lengthening Washable Mascara:

I love this mascara. It lengthens, separates, & hardly clumps. The only con(s) is that it is not waterproof, so it can smudge during application of not careful & if your eyes tear the mascara will run.

Does what it states.

Ease of Application
Brush is different. I has short, stubby plastic bristles that work well to separate lashes.

doesn't exactly lengthen

from Diamond Bar, CA

Comments about Maybelline Define-A-Lash Lengthening Washable Mascara:

I rarely wear makeup, as I am too lazy, so I thought that wearing mascara would be a nice transition to starting. My eyelashes are really thin, so I bought this to try and plump them up. The mascara does make my eyelashes more noticeable, but also clumps them up. I don't like the way it looks right after, so I always have to wipe off some of the mascara in order to separate my eyelashes from each other.

I don't feel the heaviness from this mascara. The weight it adds is comparable to that of other ones. But it is a bit wet, so if something accidentally touches it, it will smear around your eyes and give you random black streaks everywhere.

My main problem is that this product is really hard to get off. I always lose a couple of precious eyelashes whenever I try to wipe it off. Thus, I rarely use mascara these days, only on special occasions. I will probably switch to another brand once I use this up.

Maybelline Define A Lash Lengthening Mascara=BAD

from Haddonfield, NJ

Comments about Maybelline Define-A-Lash Lengthening Washable Mascara:

Maybelline Define A Lash Lengthening Mascara is the most disappointing product I've ever bought from Maybelline. Maybe I was expecting a different outcome from this product, but I hated the mascara sooo much that I immediately washed it off, and have not tried again since the very first time. It was entirely, entirely too wet and incredibly thick after only one coat, so that I blinked once and it left mascara marks both above and below my eyes. It gave me the one thing I always dread from mascara... the dreaded "tarantula" eyes. I've always felt that mascara is supposed to enhance the eyes; this mascara was incredibly distracting. the end result made my eye lashed look fake in a way I've never experienced before. Maybe my expectations were just different, but I hated it. I have usually been rather satisfied with Maybelline's makeup, but the Define A Lash Mascara was a complete let down and total waste of money. Do not buy it.

Maybelline Define A Lash Lengthening Mascara is okay

from Tallahassee, FL

Comments about Maybelline Define-A-Lash Lengthening Washable Mascara:

I like the way my lashes look with this mascara, it's definitely good for making eyelashes look longer and to curl them upwards.

The problem I have with this product is that it leaves my lashes feeling too wet and heavy. I feel that if I blink too much, I'm going to leave traces of mascara under my eye (which actually has happened before). I prefer mascaras that feel like you didn't put anything on your eyelashes, and I can certainly feel this one.

On the plus side, this mascara doesn't clump. It might be because I can only swipe it on my lashes once or they'd feel too heavy, but I've never had it bunch on my lashes. Also, after a while it stops feeling so uncomfortable, but I can't get past the way it initially feels. I still have it in my makeup collection, but I rarely use it anymore because I have other mascaras that look just as good as this one but feel more comfortable.

Overall, it looks good but the discomfort isn't worth it to me.

Define A Lash is GREAT for naturally enhancing thinner lashes.

from Rochester, MN

Comments about Maybelline Define-A-Lash Lengthening Washable Mascara:

For someone not into heavy makeup, who doesn't have the thickest and longest natural lashes and wants something to naturally define and lengthen your lashes, this product works well!  The brownish-black shade is perfect for making your lashes look longer and fuller in a natural shade without looking caked with black.  The result of Define A Lash is subtle, so much so that you can't even tell that you have mascara on!  The brush seems like the key to the way Define A Lash works.  The bristles are short and small, allowing them to catch and "define" even your smallest lashes.  While this product may not be the right fit for someone trying to create a dark and dramatic effect, it is perfect for someone trying to bring out their natural beauty and fits in well with the Maybelline slogan, "Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline!"  You can easily spot this product in Maybelline section by it's bright green tube.  Enjoy!

Greatest Mascara ever!!

from Corinth, ME

Comments about Maybelline Define-A-Lash Lengthening Washable Mascara:

I love hwo this mascara makes my eye lashes look! This mascara when you pull the wand out doesn't clump at all and it goes on nice and smooth and evenly leaving your lashes looking super duper long and amazing! I love how it doesn't clump up and make your eye lashes look like tarantula spiders! I would recommend this mascara to anyone who wants a nice clean feeling mascara that defines thier lashes and makes them look super long and full. It stays on all day long and you do not have to touch up or re apply it at all and it doesn't flake off during the time you wear it either. I especially love how the brush defines each and everyone of your eye lashes.

You dont even need an eyelash curler

from Carrollton, TX

Comments about Maybelline Define-A-Lash Lengthening Washable Mascara:

I loved it, i hate eyelash curlers, so the fact that maybelline define a lash mascara lifted my eyelashes was great! And the price is even better it was like what five bucks and i go through mascara soooo fast that it so awesome to find a mascara thats inexpensive and works great!