Other Foundations:
Max Factor

Max Factor Pan Cake Water Activated Makeup

This product makes anyone look flawless!

***I can remember at the age of 21, I was introduced to this particular kind of make-up by a Las Vegas showwoman, that I was working with in an all-girl "band". I was hooked right away! It makes my skin look flawless, hides all the imperfections, while moisturizing my skin! I continue to use Max Factor's PanStik Make-Up to this day, I am still in a "band", at the young age of 54....still looking flawless!***

Cakey and greasy

This was the first stick foundation that I have ever used. I think back in the days, this stuff was probably really good because it gives full coverage and it covers everything. The downside is that it's very greasy so if you're acne-prone, forget it because this will give you breakouts. It also obviously looks like you're wearing makeup if you wear this because it's so thick. I think it works great as a spot concealer if it's applied correctly but the thing is it's kind of hard to blend because you really do have to work with it. A good tip is to apply this to the back of your hand and then warm up the product by rubbing it with your fingers. I also don't think it comes in enough shades. I've notice a lot of the shades tend to be grey or very orange. The closest color match I found was too light and the next color up was too dark and orange. I would say that now with so many other makeup brands and the introduction of HD makeup, there are so much better choices to get full coverage that isn't so heavy.

I would buy it again

from Dominican Republic

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
  • Easy To Apply
  • Good Pigmentation

Cons

• Doesn't Stay On

• Light To Medium Coverage

Comments about Max Factor Pan Cake Water Activated Makeup:

I love this product, it is really easy to apply

• Skin Tone:
  • Medium

I've been using this wrong and it's still great!

Comments about Max Factor Pan Cake Water Activated Makeup:

So, call me blonde but when they had this in the stores here, I picked this up repeatedly until it was no longer carried here. I always used it as a powder and I LOVED the soft finish and silky feel. I also loved the coverage. I haven't found a "powder" that even compares ever since. Well I guess I've been looking in the wrong place.

Comments about Max Factor Pan Cake Water Activated Makeup:

Max Factor was the big thing in cosmetics during my teen years. All the girls were wearing it and that is how I was introduced to it. I now find it hard to find in stores in my area so I have to order it online. Max Factor Pan Cake Water Activated Makeup is the one foundation that I find to give full coverage. I love how it feels like you have nothing on when it is applied. It makes your skin look so great, helps cover all the imperfections and flaws. This makeup is for all skin types which makes it even greater. I have combination skin and seem to get dry patches that some foundation makes worse. Max Factor has helped solve this problem for me. I love that they have so many assorted shades to choose from, choosing the right shade is very important. Some have complained about this foundation leaving streaks, all it takes is a little practice at applying it to give you the right coverage. This makeup will not disappoint you, it has been a name in cosmetic for too many years not to be good.

Best Makeup Ever!

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Max Factor Pan Cake Water Activated Makeup:

This is THE BEST makeup I have ever found. Many, many women, including myself, purchased and used this product for many years. I can't understand why they discontinued a product that so many women loved and used. It wasn't heavy, always looked natural and didn't cause breakouts unlike other expensive products I have used. If this make up was brought back it would fly off the shelves. Is anyone listening?

Long lasting coverage

from Red Bluff, CA

Comments about Max Factor Pan Cake Water Activated Makeup:

I have been using Max Factor Pancake makeup for many years and it my only choice for coverup makeup, it goes on light, you blend it in with a facial sponge, you can't even feel it. It does cost a little more than liquid makeup but it is well worth the price. I will never use any other kind.

love it....only kind I use

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Max Factor Pan Cake Water Activated Makeup:

I love pancake....and the photo of it here is incorrect. It is actually a disk shaped product that you put on with a damp sea sponge (please see photo that I have uploaded to this review). I love that you can control the amount that you put on and can blend it in well.  The only downfall is if you do not look closely, you could have some small streak marks that need blended better. Very long lasting.  I tend to have dry skin on my face and as long as I put on moisturizer before I put on pancake Im all set (due to the blending).

Cakey and greasy

from Pasadena, CA

Comments about Max Factor Pan Cake Water Activated Makeup:

This product was so so, its not great

from Glen Burnie, MD

Comments about Max Factor Pan Cake Water Activated Makeup:

I had this pan stick for a long time, and the application is ok, when I apply the stick on my face to swipe on the foundation it is hard at first and I have to warm it up in my hands to make it soften up so I can smudge the color on my face. The smell is ok, a little weird smelling. the packaging good, I like the twist up stick. it did come in a range of shades to match your skintone, and it is somewhat budget friendly 8-9 bucks friendly. the only bad part here in the US Max factor has been discontinued so we can no longer get this here. over all I just think the application goes on unsmooth, and it is hard to apply on my face. I just hate warming it up and trying to make it go on nice. overall I would pass on this and not get it again, I would just try something different to me 8 bucks it is not worth it but then again if your looking for a cheap foundation stick this is for you. but they do come in nice shades

for a drugstore label it has alot of coverage

from Orange, CA

Comments about Max Factor Pan Cake Water Activated Makeup:

i tried this product once because it was the night before attending my nieces graduation and there was a big zit smack dab on the side of my face. i usually use face powder just switched from mineral powder but had a problem and needed a quick remedy.. so i purchased this concealer stick and first i purchased the wrong color it was too light which then only higlighted the bump of the pimple at certain angles so i then had to exchange it to a darker shade.. so this one thank god worked like magic.. with a swipe here and lightly dabbing the infected area it seems to dissapear in just seconds so i felt that this product has medium coverage and its barely noticable after application.. i feel that this product is great for those emergency coverups.. which most powders fail to cover unless its a combination of liquid and powder which leaves your face so greasy and shiny ..i would recommend this product because its a cheap concealer and would probably last a while due to the thickness of the stick. i think that probably most drugstore store concealers are probably very similiar as far as coverage is concerned. unless you go to a department store a purchase one where they are probably a bit heavier as far as coverage is concerned..

GREAT COVERAGE

from Commerce, GA

Comments about Max Factor Pan Cake Water Activated Makeup:

This is absolutely the best, i mean the best foundation i have ever used!! I have used many different foundations over the years--from the cheapest to the very expensive brands and this is by far the BEST. The coverage is great and it has never looked "cakey" I always get compliments everywhere i go. I found this many many years ago and i have stuck to it. I highly highly recommend this product.