Other Foundations:
Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation

Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation

Pros

Cons

Feels like you are wearing nothing and you look great!

I have been wearing Mary Kay since I was 16 years old.  I am 31 now.  I have always felt that it was just like every other make-up.  Until today!Read complete review

Their new Mineral Foundation is GREAT!!!!  I have never felt anything like it before.  I have never liked the caked on feeling that I get from most foundations even past Mary Kay foundations.  This I forget I am even wearing.

On top of it feeling great I have been getting complements from different people almost every other day.  That is great when people notice how great you look.

Thank you Mary Kay for an above average product that is completely worth the price!

Mary Kay's mineral makeup is not skin friendly.

Mary Kay's mineral makeup is not skin friendly. Notice that the first ingredient is "talc", which is a cheap filler and can be potentially toxic. Then count the number of ingredients in this mineral foundation. Wow, way too many don't you think? This makeup is not really inexpensive but it is filled with cheap talc and other cheaper synthetics (cheaper to make in the lab than using unadulterated mineral ingredients). True mineral makeup should have only a few ingredients, none of which are talc or manmade. You also have to use more layers of this mineral foundation in order to get the coverage you need because of the cheap fillers in it. These fillers obscure the actual minerals which give mineral makeup it's color and staying power. You can keep putting this on and putting it on and never have an all day, full coverage. Talc can clog your pores and after you've loaded this stuff on your face, you'd better believe it's clogging something. Do yourself a favor, try another brand.

Beautiful colors!

from Orange County, CA

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
  • Easy To Apply
  • Goes On Smoothly

Cons

• Doesn't Stay On

• Acne-Prone or Oily Skin

Comments about Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation:

I have been using the "Ivory 2" color of mineral foundation for about four months now, and I love it! The color is beautiful and wearing it boosts my confidence. It hides any red spots on my face and has even reduced the acne I experience. The only issue I have had with the foundation is that it wears off throughout the day, but a quick re-application can solve that problem. Overall, this is a really great product.

• Skin Tone:
  • Fair

Best powder foundation around

from Asheboro, NC

Comments about Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation:

I generally prefer a foundation that is light on my face and does not feel like a mask. I had never used a powder foundation and was worried that a powder would feel heavy on my face. I also tend to have a difficult time finding the right color for my face. Imagine my surprise when I was able to find a great color that blended perfectly on my face but also felt so light! Even better, it lasts for a long time making it work the cost.

Terrible! Save your money

Comments about Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation:

I cannot get over how horrible this product is. A friend of mine works for Mary Kay and talked me into buying this foundation. I am a bare minerals wearer and have been for years. I usually buy a few Mary Kay products to support my friend, but not anything too expensive or big ( mainly eyeshadow and mascara). She convinced me that this foundation was just like bare minerals ( it's not....) and cheaper! Here are the pros for the makeup. It is cheaper and you get more foundation then you would bare minerals. I will tell you why it's so cheap, this foundation is horrible! Here are the cons- there aren't very many colors to choose from, so my color doesn't match my skin at all! It looks so bad I am too embarrassed to wear this out in public for fear of how off it makes my skin look. My husband never comments or notices my make up because it looks natural. The day I tried it he noticed and let's just say not in a good way. This make up doesn't last all day like bare minerals. With bare minerals it gives great coverage all day 8 hours at least. This make up gives coverage for only a few hours and then gets worse. I don't know how that is possible considering how awful it looks in the first place, but trust me you will hate it even more after a few hours. It also makes you break out! I have always had clear beautiful skin. Since trying this make up I have broken out so bad it is embarrassing! If people are recommending this foundation I guarantee it is because they are a Mary Kay representative. Please do yourself a favor and save your money and don't buy this!! It is better to save up and get the bare minerals. I wish someone would have warned me before, but now I am stuck with this awful makeup you couldn't pay me to wear!

The best mineral foundation I have ever ysed

Comments about Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation:

The Mary Kay loose mineral-based foundation goes on smoothly, leaving a really nice finish. If my face is free of blemishes, it is all I need for perfect coverage. If I happen to have an occasional blemish that is darker and harder to hide, I'll use a liquid foundation and use this is a powder - it gives a much better finish than any regular powder. It never gave me any irritation and the color variety is excellent. Love it.

This is a truly amazing product

Comments about Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation:

This is the only powder I will use after trying it. With a lot of powder, it's hard to blend in and makes my face look cakey. It's not a good look. This one however, is easy to blend in. It looks smooth unlike others. I've never had a problem with it breaking out my face, which is another plus. Overall, I highly recommend it.

Good powder foundation but not my favorite.

Comments about Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation:

I have used Mary Kay products for years now and always experiment with their different products. I decided to give this mineral power foundation a try recently. I did not have a bad experience with it but it definitely was not my favorite. You apply the powder foundation to your face with a brush. It is a loose powder that comes in a small tube like holder. I did not feel like it gave me enough coverage on my face. I have previously used compact powders and did not feel like this loose powder accomplished the same look. I felt like it made my skin tone look a little uneven and not as smooth as compact powder. I also have oily skin and did not think this powder covered up my oil as well. I think highly of Mary Kay make up and do think they make great products. If you are looking for a loose powder foundation, you would probably really like this product. However, i did not think it gave me the look I was wanting.

Better than other mineral options

from Santa Cruz, CA

Comments about Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation:

When my friend invited me to a Mary Kay 'skin' party, I thought it would just be a fun little mini DIY facial. Well . . .it included trying on foundation, and I have always been dubious of mineral foundations. I've tried one or two others in the past and weren't happy with the results (ever!) So I tried this one, and was pleasantly surprised; it did a nice job of covering evenly (the brush it comes with is absolutely wonderful) and it helped even out my skin tones; I'm naturally pale, but tend to have ruddy cheeks and nose. It also helped tone down the dark areas under my eyes, but didn't accentuate the fine lines I have. I was very pleased and bought a container; this was back in August, and I just now (in February) contacte the rep to let her know I am running low and need more. I get coverage, better tone, and good staying power with this powder, and loved that I got to try it first (something you can't do with drugstore brands) and a friend gets to earn a little money from my purchase. Win-win!

Made My Skin Break Out

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation:

I have tried numerous mineral powder foundations, from the ones you can purchase at the drug store to the ones at specialty stores and I find it very difficult to find a good color match. Most have a distinct yellow base which makes me look jaundiced.

I picked out the color closest to my skin tone and used it for a few days. I found that you needed to use a lot more of this formula for coverage than other competing brands that I'd used previously and since. This extra layering of product left my skin almost cakey looking. It was certainly not the minimalist look I was hoping for.

I'm not sure if it was because of the sheer amount of the product that I had to use or if my skin was sensitive to one of the ingredients in the powder but it actually had the effect of making me break out. I was not amused and returned the product for refund.

While Mary Kay has some other quality products this is not among them and I recommend an alternate mineral foundation brand to all those with sensitive or acne prone skin.

My favorite facial powder

from Texas

Comments about Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation:

I had not used Mary Kay products until a friend of mine started to sell it. She came to my house and had my sister and I try the products. One of the products we tried was the Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation. I don't normally wear a lot of makeup but loved the way this powder not only looked, but how it felt on my skin. It covered my face nicely without feeling thick. I really liked the way it made my skin have a natural looking glow while looking even and more flawless. I have very light skin and it's hard to find the right color makeup that won't be to dark and looks unnatural. Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation in the light shade matched my skin perfect. Since using this product it's the only powder foundation I will use. I love it and would recommend it to anyone who wants to look nice without wearing heavy makeup. I also liked that the product lasted me a very long time. A little bit goes a long way which helps it last longer.

Simply Amazing

Comments about Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation:

I have sensitive combination skin and have always struggled finding a foundation until I tried Mary Kay's Mineral Powder Foundation! It's been 6 years since I first tried it and it's the only thing I buy now! It provides an extremely even layer of coverage and lasts all day long. A bonus about this foundation is that it evens your skin's tone and texture, your skin really will appear to be flawless. Especially if you use this foundation in combination with the Mary Kay liquid concealer. This product is definitely comparable to those found in department stores, I highly recommend this product! I use my mineral powder foundation nearly every single day and one container of it lasts me about four months, so it is certainly worth the money. I just wish it was easier to purchase. You have to find a Mary Kay representative and place an order through them, so that's my only complaint about this foundation.