Other Snacks & Cookies:
Mars - M&M's Milk Chocolate

Mars - M&M's Milk Chocolate

Pros

Cons

M&Ms did melt in my brother's hand, and my mom was not happy.

My mom used to take "the kids" everywhere. When we went to the OB/GYN when she was pregnant with child three and four, she'd take me and my brother. Our treat was M&Ms. She got those, because they were not messy.

I should mention that the slogan for M&Ms at that time was "melts in your mouth - not in your hands." I was the type of kid who would just take that at face value. My brother was not. He smashed his candies in his hands until they turned to mush and then showed my mom the mess. I thought I would have to strangle him. This was looking like - no more treats on the OB-GYN trips.

Fortunaly, my mom did not ban M&Ms. She just told my brother not to cup them in his hands until they melted. Geez. Sure. They will melt, but you have to work at it.

Today, I still buy the plain M&Ms. My favorites are actually the peanut M&Ms, but those don't work so well for little kids. We have some mini people in the family, and I keep these on hand, so everyone can enjoy a treat without choking or turning blue with nut allergies.

For these same reasons, I like to get the little bags of M&Ms for Halloween. Most kids are thrilled to get the name brand candies and especially chocolates.

I also love to put the plain M&Ms on top of my peanut butter fudge. It adds color and a taste burst. Yeah. The M&Ms really make the dish. My older son who can drive now will even run to the grocery store to get them if I'm out. The fudge is great no matter what but better with M&Ms.

Here's the recipe if you'd like to make some peanut butter fudge with M&Ms on top:

[http://www.gardenandhearth.com/Southern-Cooking/Peanut-Butter-Fudge.htm][1]

Another plus is that M&Ms are small. I can eat a few and satisfy my urge for something sweet. If I get a candy bar, I will eat it all - even if I'm full. With M&Ms, I can get a few. They are gone. I feel satisfied.

There's a reason M&Ms have been around so long. They are a great idea. They really aren't as messy as most candies. They taste great. They also work in some baking recipes.

If you ever get a chance to go to Hershey Park in Pensylvania, that's terrific. There's a tour where you get in a car and ride through a see and hear some history. You also see how M&Ms are made - NOT. It's amazing to see millions of M&Ms rolling into the buckets. Well, it would be. One of our many great reviewers explained to me that Hershey doesn't do the M&MS. They had a knock off. It's still fun to visit Hershey Park though!

Another tip is that you can now personalize your M&Ms. Just Google M&Ms. You'll find that you can put almost anything on them now. Well, it's got to be pretty short. But, these are great for weddings, birthdays, or any special occasions. They also come in really cool colors if you special order or if you can get to an M&M store. I visted one in Las Vegas. Very neat. I got some very cute M&Ms in wild colors. I guess they did taste the same, but they seemed better when I picked them out special in my favorite colors.

[1]: http://www.gardenandhearth.com/Southern-Cooking/Peanut-Butter-Fudge.htm

M&M's plain melted in grandsons hands and he then wiped red and

**M&M's plain melted in the hands of my grandson while we were enjoying a day in the park.  He then proceeded to wipes his hands (containing both red and orange colors) on his new white t-shirt.  He continued to play for another twenty -thirty minutes and we then returned to my house.  I had him change into another shirt and quickly sprayed the shirt, soiled with M&M's plain chocolate candies, with my favorite laundry pre-soak.   I followed the manufactures instructions for the pre-soak, and then laundered the shirt with other permanent press items.  I stopped the wash cycle after about ten minutes to check the soiled areas.  They were still visible so I proceeded to spray these spots again with my pre-soak and let the washer continue on with the wash cycle.  After the rinse cycle, I removed the shirt from the washer.  The red and orange colors from the M&M's plain chocolate candies had become lighter in color but were still very much visible on the t-shirt.  I filled the washer up with another tub of cold water and washed the t-shirt again by itself-after having sprayed it with pre-soak.  This time I set the washing machine for the longest cycle possible hoping that the colors on the shirt would disappear.  Unfortunately, when I removed the t-shirt from the washer the second time, the colors were still visible.   Needless to say, when I took my grandson home to his mother, I had to explain what had happened to his new shirt.  WOW...  She was not happy with me!!!!  She then proceeded to reach into her cabinet and picked up a full package of M&M plain chocolate candies.  Into the trash can they went!!!  I am still a fan of M&M plain chocolate candies--but I never have them on hand when my grand children are coming over...  The saying of "Melts in your mouth, not in your hand" is definitely misleading...**

Love these chocolate

Comments about Mars - M&M's Milk Chocolate:

The M&M's Milk Chocolate is my favourite plain chocolate snack to eat at the cinemas, to have at home as a treat or to take to school and work. I never really enjoyed the other Mar’s brand range of M&M’s as I am fully content on just the plain milk chocolate product. You can buy them just about anywhere from vending machines, local stores, petrol stations, corner shops and at charity fund raisers all at a reasonable price. They are sold in kid sizes in plastic pouches, box containers and package bags to meet all of my needs and customer needs. My store also has these M&M’s range on special very often so it is a great bargain for chocolate treats. What is also so special about these M&M’s is that they come in an assortment of colours, so not only does it taste of high quality chocolate but the crisp thin shell of the M&M’s also entice the consumer with a colourful display; I used to pick certain colours I would want to eat, not that the coloured chocolates taste different, they are all milk chocolate. I've been eating them as a child and will continue consuming them in my adult life.

Mars - M&M's Milk Chocolate Review

from Georgia

Comments about Mars - M&M's Milk Chocolate:

Mars - M&M's Milk Chocolate is my favorite chocolate candy out of the entire Mars brand. It leaves my mouth watering and it has a delicious, sweet chocolate taste in the inside and a delicious chocolate taste on the outside. The milk chocolate in the inside is divine and taste so good and the outer chocolate covering is delicious also. The milk chocolate makes this candy really soft when I eat it and all the chocolate just spills out over my teeth when I take a bite. I can't get enough of this candy and I love how I don't have to worry about peanut shells getting stuck in my teeth as I do with M&M's Chocolate Peanut candy. I put this in holiday stuffing bags and gift bags to co-workers. I love the different color assortments in this bag also. I like to put this in my ice cream to make it taste similar to the M&M McFlurry at McDonald's.

M&M's Milk Chocolate - Magnificent if it weren't for the colors

Comments about Mars - M&M's Milk Chocolate:

I've been a huge fan of the Mars brand all my life and M&M's Milk Chocolate candies are a fine example of naughty, but nice! These little round chocolate candies are covered in various colors of a crispy, sugary coating so when you bite into them, they are lightly crunchy on the outside and them smooth, milk chocolate on the inside. The colors are bright and vivid and it would be no lie to say that most kids are attracted to them. They make an excellent topping to yogurts, cookies and cupcakes. We buy a canister of M&M minis for each of our kids when we go to the theatre. I was astonished, however, to see that there are 250 calories in one tube. I mean, how do you tell a kid to stop eating half way through? Calorie content aside however, is the more worrisome issue of the artificial colors of which there are too many to mention. All things considered and all things being equal (and in moderation), I give M&M's an overall rating of 9 for their unique appearance, fun-like qualities and adorable commercials.

Plain chocolate M&Ms are the best!

Comments about Mars - M&M's Milk Chocolate:

Man, I LOVE plain M&Ms! As standalone candy, mixed with ice cream, baked in cookies, decorating cookies or brownies or cakes, or mixed with popcorn, you can NOT go wrong with them! The peanut M&Ms are good too as well as the crispy ones, but the plain are my all-time FAVORITES.

The best candy!

Comments about Mars - M&M's Milk Chocolate:

M&M's are by far one of the best candies ever. The best part about them is the crunchy candy shell! M&M's are soft on the inside but with that crunch and it's the best ever! My favorite way to eat them is to put them in my mouth and let them melt. M&M's are perfect because they're small and can be held in your hand and won't melt. They make a ton of different flavors, but the original is still the best.

Tasty snack

Comments about Mars - M&M's Milk Chocolate:

M&M's Milk Chocolate candies are pretty good. I am not a huge fan, but I do eat them now and then. Basically, they consist of small milk chocolate discs coated by a colorful shell. I find the shell to be tasteless but crunchy. The milk chocolate inside is very rich and sweet. My favorite way to eat M&M's is to add them to regular trail mix. They give the salty treat a nice sweet kick. I also like to put them in cookies. They bake nicely. A popular Christmas treat at my house is to make chocolate chip cookies and replace the chocolate chips with red and green M&M's.

What's there to say really, they're M&M's !

Comments about Mars - M&M's Milk Chocolate:

Here I go throwing that word around again, but it's true and must be said...M&M's are a CLASSIC. It's impossible to write an M&M review without saying that! What person doesn't have a few precious childhood memories that involve a little bag of M&M's? They're simple, sweet, delicious, delightfully multi-textural, and hold a special place, even if only for nostalgic reasons, in the hearts and minds of most Americans. It would be hard to improve on the perfect tiny treat.

M & M's are best savored one at a time

Comments about Mars - M&M's Milk Chocolate:

I have always loved M & M's candy. Every flavor is palatable and exciting. Now that I am a cook and baker, I always keep a bag of them in my freezer. They do not freeze hard, and I can take a handful to snack on and still have some to throw in cookies or on top of cakes or brownies. M & M's are great!

M&M's are the best of the best!

Comments about Mars - M&M's Milk Chocolate:

I have been addicted to the plain milk chocolate M&M's for as long as I can remember. It is milk chocolate with a thin candy coating to make a delicious snack. You can eat these just as a snack or put them in cookies, rice krispy treats, or really anything you want to be creative with.

Colorful Treats

Comments about Mars - M&M's Milk Chocolate:

I have eaten m&ms since I was a little kid. I have a lot of memories eating m&ms when I was young. I remember when they had the contests to choose the next m&m color and blue ended up being the winner. M&Ms are great and they come in a wide variety of flavors and colors as well as holiday themed. You can even get custom colors and messages put on M&Ms nowadays.