Other Hair Colorings:
Manic Panic
A1218
Manic Panic Semi-Permanent Hair Color Cream

Manic Panic Semi-Permanent Hair Color Cream

Pros

• Easy to use (6)
  • Great color (5)
  • Gentle (4)

Cons

• Doesn't last (4)

• New look (6)
    • Semi-permanent (5)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Beauty conscious (4)

A++ For Semi-Permanent Hair Color!

Manic Panic simply does the trick. While other semi-permanent have came and went only to find the new kid on the block it rises above the competition new and old and takes the title for the best un-typical hair dye that you're going to find. Bold colors, timid pastels, you name it and you probably can find it within this brand. It's definitely not intended for the shy so if that is you then that's the downside. If you're okay with the attention such nice colors get you then try it and it wont disappoint.

This hair dye gets the job done. What you see is what you get with the packaging the clear see through colors leave you without having to imagine what color your hair will turn out. I've found the packaging itself to be more telling and honest then the swatches that some stores have showing the little strips of dyed hair. Trust your own eyes and simply check out the package for the color or colors you're trying to go with.

Ease of Application
Perhaps I'm bias because of being at this hair coloring stuff for so long but I can't ever recall this Manic Panic being anything but simple. I would actually recommend this product for even the newbie as it lends to your hair the exact look you're going for when you decide on using crayon type colors. It turns a first timer into a pro and did I mention its addicting, yes addicting. Once you've tried your favorite shade of blue then skies the limit as you explore dipping, highlighting, chunking, striping, and only to eventually toss in the towel and go all in.

Review by a Hairstylist

Let me start by saying that i love love loooove cream hair colors! The texture of them make them alot easier to work with then the pastes or liquid type. Plus, in my opinion they spread and apply easier and it takes alot less of it then the other colors. Anyway, let me state that this is a SEMI PERMANENT!! Semi permanent hair color fades and will be gone in around 6 weeks and sometimes less. In order to keep the color lasting as long as possible, follow these easy steps:

1) Only wash your hair every other day. Washing it every day strips your hair of needed, natural oils (and your color!)
2) Use color safe shampoo!! Easy enough, right??
3) Lastly and most importantly, wash your hair with the coldest water you can stand! Cold water locks the color in better and prevents color bleeding.

beautiful colors!

from Cedar Hill, MO

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Great Color

Cons

• Doesn't Last

• Graying Hair
  • Thicker Hair
  • Thinner Hair
  • Touch Ups

Comments about Manic Panic Semi-Permanent Hair Color Cream:

i use the red color manic panic dye and it looks beautiful and even works on dark, thick hair! although it is semi permanent so the color doesn't last as long, i'd rather use manic panic than other red dyes that turn out looking orange.

Review by a Hairstylist

About Me Professional Stylist

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Gentle

Cons

• Doesn't Last

Comments about Manic Panic Semi-Permanent Hair Color Cream:

2) Use color safe shampoo!! Easy enough, right??

I LOVE THIS DYE!

from richmond virgina

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Gentle
  • Great Color
  • Long-Lasting
  • Versatile

Cons

• Messy

Comments about Manic Panic Semi-Permanent Hair Color Cream:

I LOVE THIS DYE!! ive been useing it for years and totaly recommend it!

Amazing Color

from Mackinaw IL

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Gentle
  • Great Color

Cons

• Doesn't Last

• Graying Hair

Comments about Manic Panic Semi-Permanent Hair Color Cream:

I have always wanted a deep purple hair color. I have tried box dyes and nothing satisfied me. I tried Manic Panic Purple Haze and I was in love. My hair was a deep red when I dyed it, and the Manic Panic just looked amazing on top of that red. It was a very deep purple, dark and gorgeous. It was easy to apply, I just bought a brush and did it myself. My only complaint is that it fades too fast, but it still looked amazing as it faded. I will be using this again, for sure.

Manic Panic is love

from Rogers, AR

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Messy

Comments about Manic Panic Semi-Permanent Hair Color Cream:

I am notorious for coloring my hair bright red. I always do my permanent color, and after using that color I ALWAYS do an application of manic panic. Always. I usually get my desired color when I color my hair without manic panic, however, I always add manic panic to mix because red is a color that fade very quickly, but I get more time between re-colors when I use manic panic, AND my color is a tad bit bolder and brighter and shinier with manic panic. Manic Panic is like color enhancer when it comes to red hair color and never ever color my hair red without using manic panic. I'm obsessed. Love it!! I will say this, have a tint bowl and brush and your own gloves because mani panic comes with none of this and it can be messy and it stains.

• Permanent

Always girst choice

from San Juan, Tx

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Gentle
    • Great Color
    • Long-Lasting
    • Lots of variety
    • Natural Look
    • No hair damage
    • Reasonably priced

Cons

• Bleach not included

Comments about Manic Panic Semi-Permanent Hair Color Cream:

I have always used splat, but then I discovered manic panic at a Sally's Beauty store. And since then always used it. I absolutely adore it! I love the colors they have. The variety for the many times I want to change it up. It's so gentle with my hair. It doesn't damage it, and always leaves it soft. The sleek colors and brightness are magnificent. I will always use it. And always recommend it whenever anyone asks about my hair color. Manic panic lasts me a good half year.

• Semi-Permanent

The colors are very bright but they but wash away soon

from Denver, Co

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Great Color

Cons

• Doesn't Last

Comments about Manic Panic Semi-Permanent Hair Color Cream:

I think it's a good product if you don't want the same color for much time.

• Temporary

Great variety, nice colors, just a bit messy

Comments about Manic Panic Semi-Permanent Hair Color Cream:

I like this brand, it has a fun variety of colors, it's not hard to find, almost every beauty supplier has it. The only thing is that it's a bit messy to use because of the bottle and it doesn't hold for the time I wish it did; I've used other brands that hold for a little more time

You can be sure that the color you buy is the color you get

Easy but messy

• Ease of Application:

A++ For Semi-Permanent Hair Color!

from Albuquerque, NM

• Ease of Application:

Manic Panic is good for fun colors.

from Modesto, CA

Comments about Manic Panic Semi-Permanent Hair Color Cream:

I really like Manic Panic (I sort of wish I liked it more) they are a good brand if you want to get some crazy fun colors and one of the most well known (Easiest to get a hold of). I only have minor issues with them but they are all understandable like having to bleach your hair before the color treatment.

As long as you do not mind bleaching your hair, Manic Panic is effective. But you have to lighten your hair (And sometimes that means going as white as possible with out making your hair fall out) to get the right color.

Ease of Application
    Manic Panic does not really give you a good way to get the dye from the tub to your hair. Most hair dyes come with a bottle and some gloves, but not this. If you go out and buy a brush it makes it LOADS easier to actually get the stuff on your hair without making a huge mess. Also this stuff stains like crazy, okay? So I do not understand why they do not just add a little miniature brush along with it since they are not to expensive.