3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Good product if you are trying to get a warm purple.

I like Manic Panic's Amplified Purple Haze color loads better than their Amplified Ultra Violet, that is just a personal preference but this one has more of a warm undertone, and the other one has more of a cool undertone to it. I really like the fact that they sell these as Semi-Permanents because the further you get away from natural color the harder it is going to be to maintain it. Semi-Permanents are way less damaging to your hair that full on Permanents are.

I really would not recommend this product to anyone that has dark or medium hair, simply because the color will not show up as well. It can cover dark hair but you will not get all of the vibrancy as someone that has bleached or lightened hair will. I used this stuff on bleached hair and it turned out to be a warm violet kind of purple. It is smart to buy an extra tub of this for two reasons. One if there is not enough to cover your hair with just the one tub, you will just end up looking silly with only part of your hair purple. And two because, like I said it is hard to maintain, so mixing some of this stuff in to your conditioner (Preferably one that you have to let set in your hair for a while) can give your hair a boost of color!

Manic Panic: Great color but fades fast and stains everything!

***Quick View:*** After my so called stylist highlighted my hair a bright neon orange, I covered over the areas with brown dye. Three times.That worked for about a week before that orange was peeking out again. I didn't want to use MORE harsh dye on my hair so I chose** Manic Panic Amplified Purple Haze Semi-Permanent Hair Dye **to try. It doesn't have peroxide or harsh chemicals and fades after a few weeks. I like it but it is so hard to remove from the sink, tub, floor, and all the other places it dripped. Plus it fades very fast. Still, it's fun and doesn't harm my hair.

***My Take on Manic Panic Amplified Purple Haze Semi-Permanent Hair Dye***

This dye comes in a 4 ounce jar. There is regular Manic Panic but the Amplified version is supposed to deposit even more color and last 30% longer. The color Purple Haze is a very dark purple in the jar. I knew that the bleached highlights would pick up the color while my regular dark brown hair probably wouldn't so I wasn't worried that I would come out with a blazing purple head of hair. And if I did, I didn't much care anyway. It wasn't permanent.

My hair is dark brown. Normally, when you want to use **Manic Panic Amplified Purple Haze Semi-Permanent Hair Dye **or any of their colors, you will want to bleach your hair to white before applying. I was not about to go there after I had just had my hair bleached and dyed and dyed and dyed so I decided to just cover over the orange peeking through and comb the dye through my hair and see what happened.

I poured about 1/3 of the jar into a wide bowl and used a tinting comb to comb it through. With Manic Panic, you apply on towel dried hair as opposed to dry hair. I concentrated on the top of my hair that was the most orange and then left it on. I was told I could leave it on for hours or even overnight with no problems or damage. Indeed, the 15-30 minutes suggested did nothing. I left it on for over two hours.

Meanwhile, I saw a drip of purple on my sink. I had previously used the Ultra Violet shade and really thought I had everything protected after staining my sink, floor, shower curtain, and tub with the Ultra Violet shade but apparently I didn't. I couldn't get the stain out although it is faded. The dye also stained my tub again and I had to scrub like crazy immediately after showering to get the stuff off. When Manic Panic drips on anything, it won't come out so prepare the area and secure it well!

After two hours, I rinsed my hair and the result was a nice deep purple only on some strands. It was subtle though and dark, not shocking or punkish. The hair that wasn't highlighted before only picked up a tiny bit of purple tint, nearly invisible except in sunlight. The Ultra Violet gave me more blue results while the Purple Haze was much more true purple but also much darker. For me, that is fine as I am a brunette and didn't want anything TOO crazy.

Had I bleached my hair to white then applied, I am sure I would have gotten a head full of deep purple hair but I wouldn't risk the damage especially for a dye that fades so fast.

With each wash, I saw purple in the tub. In three weeks,** Manic Panic Amplified Purple Haze Semi-Permanent Hair Dye** was basically gone from my hair. the jar says the color will last for six weeks but it never has for me. I have more and will apply again but very, very carefully. I will secure my bathroom with plastic everywhere and immediately scrub the tub after rinsing to avoid the stains.

I like this dye. It doesn't damage my hair and it is subtle on my dark hair. I could get shocking results if I wanted to bleach down then color but my hair has been through enough. I like the subtle purple glints just fine.

***My Viewpoint***

**Manic Panic Amplified Purple Haze Semi-Permanent Hair Dye **(and all the colors) has a cult following. You can get surreal colors with this dye if you choose to bleach down then apply. If you choose not to bleach your hair first, you will get subtle color (on dark hair). Leave it on for a few hours or even overnight. It really doesn't hurt the hair at all and looks good. Just don't let any drips get ANYWHERE or you will never get them out! Because this dye fades really fast and stains so badly, **I give it 3 stars but will use it and other colors for fun** because it doesn't damage my hair and is subtle on my unbleached brunette hair.

The color is great BUT it washes out VERY fast!

Ease of Application
A little sloppy and it stains wherever it drips. Take precautions to cover everything around you as well as your shoulders and hairline!

Good product if you are trying to get a warm purple.

from Modesto, CA

• Ease of Application:

Perfect for a spunky hair color

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Purple Haze Hair Dye:

This color was perfect to give me a little color in my hair. On dark hair, it was a great highlight for a few days. On light hair, the color has stayed for a week. Little fading (even with two hair washes in one day). I love that it's vegan so it doesn't damage my hair!

Ease of Application
Be prepared to have your hair wrapped up in this color for a good chunk of the day if you really want the color to stay and be bright, especially if you have dark hair

Does Not Work

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Purple Haze Hair Dye:

I like to put bright colors in my hair every once in a while. I found this hair dye at Hot-topic in a mall. I tried to see if any of my friends had used this product before I purchased it but they hadn't. I decided to take a chance and it was the wrong one. I have dark hair so I also have to buy a bleaching kit. I bleached my hair and then started to apply this hair dye. It has to be the weirdest feeling hair dye I have ever used. It wasn't like a thick liquid instead it was like chunky blobs. After using this I washed it out and The color did not stay in my hair. There was not even a tint of color in my hair. I ended up reapplying this product until it the bottle was empty. This color did not stay in my hair at all. All this product did was stain my skin, sink, floor, and walls. It could stain all that but not my hair. This was a complete waste of money.

I used this whole bottle with no results. This is a complete waste of money. It stains everything but your hair.

Ease of Application
This has to be one of the hair dyes I had a problem applying to my hair. This is not a liquid but chunky blobs in a bottle. I had to mash it up before putting it on my hair.

Lovely Color

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Purple Haze Hair Dye:

I absolutely love the way Manic Panic Amplified Purple Haze Hair Dye smells; it has a nice and very clean scent. It does not smell like chemicals at all. It has a very unique scent that makes your hair smell very good too. As for the color, well my hair is currently a dark brown with red tones. I have some honeysuckle-light highlights too. I only used the hair-dye on the bottom-layer of my hair and on the ends. at first I was afraid it would be too bright, but it was not at all. It was perfect; not too bright, but light enough to see the glare on bright and sunny days. I definitely recommend this to a friend. So many people have asked me what color I used on my hair because it's so pretty. I love it so much, and I will be using it again.

• Ease of Application:

Amazing color without the harsh chemicals

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Purple Haze Hair Dye:

My kids asked me if they could have some fun colored hair after they saw a friend of mine with rainbow hair. As Halloween was coming up and both of their costumes required purple hair we looked around for purple dye. Since they are young and I don't want to ruin their hair with a bunch of harsh chemicals we thought Manic Panic was a great choice (it is a vegan product). As blondies we didn't need to bleach first and the color turned out wonderfully vibrant. It has lasted for 5 weeks and is still very noticeable. I have darker hair and decided to put the extra on the tips figuring if it didn't show up it was no big deal. I ended up with a very noticeable dark purple that was just gorgeous. Unfortunately since I didn't bleach first it has faded much quicker for me. Overall, we loved this product and can't wait to pick another color (or colors) to do when this one finally fades completely!

• Ease of Application:

Awesome color but semi-perm fades too fast

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Purple Haze Hair Dye:

When I decided to dye my hair purple, I opted for Manic Panic Purple Haze after looking at many pictures of different dyes and the colors that resulted. I didn't want something too dark, and I didn't want a purple that leaned too far towards red or blue. I first bleached my hair so the purple would show up, and then applied the Manic Panic. I covered my head with plastic wrap and slept in it, and washed the excess out the next morning. My hair was vibrant with color! It was the perfect color, very purple but neither too dark nor too light. It wasn't pastelly at all, just a really rich beautiful purple. I got so many compliments on my hair color over the next few weeks, including from total strangers! Along with the obligatory disapproving looks from the more conservative/uptight folk, of course.

Some cons: It started fading pretty quickly. And when it fades, it turns orange. For a couple weeks after dying, whenever I got my hair wet, anything it touched stained to purple. (Sorry, Mirage Resort and Casino, for staining your bath towels and probably the jet tub in our room.)

• Ease of Application:

Manic Panic: Great color but fades fast and stains everything!

from The heart of , NY

***My Take on Manic Panic Amplified Purple Haze Semi-Permanent Hair Dye***

***My Viewpoint***

The color is great BUT it washes out VERY fast!

we love it!

from Fredericksburg, VA

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Purple Haze Hair Dye:

it's messy yes! but it looks so good and my friends love it. i did it for my daughter(13) in a few

streaks. and i loved it so much in her hair (which gave her nice dark highlights) i had to do my own.

the kids loved it at the school i work at they thought it was the coolest thing.

Manic Panic Amplified Purple Haze Semi-Permanent Hair Dye

from Olympia, WA

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Purple Haze Hair Dye:

I love the Manic Panic Amplified Purple Haze Semi-Permanent Hair Dye. I purchased mine online and I've used it before. I love it! I'm a huge fan of abnormally colored hair, and this hair dye is perfect for me! I like how this comes in a jar type of packaging. I think it's easier to use like that. Also, I just love the color! I bleached my hair before I used this, and the color came out exactly how I wanted it! It's amazing, the color is just so pigmented. I also like how the color washes out within like two weeks. I like that because I change my hair color quite frequently, so it's easier for me if the color just fades within a couple weeks. It's less work. When I dye my hair purple again, I will repurchase this!

Perfect for a quick fix

from Macedon, NY

Comments about Manic Panic Amplified Purple Haze Hair Dye:

I enjoyed this product for the quick fix I needed. But I do feel that it is not the best product out there. This is for the fact that it faded easily and very fast. It did not smell too great either. I have very long thick hair, so I needed to use a lot of this, which was not very worth it because of how quickly it washed out. I would reccoment this for people with thin short hair, if you want a nice tempory color for about a week or so. What I did like, was that it showed up great on my blonde hair, the purple really stood out the way it showed and said it would. I just really wish it would have lasted longer. Yet, not many people would want purple in their hair for that long anyways, so maybe this is the perfect fix for you! Like I said before, I highly reccomend it for people with short thin hair, that are just looking for a easy quick color fix and something new and fresh! The color is still gorgeous!