Other GPS Devices:
Magellan
Maestro 4040
Magellan Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

Magellan Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

Provides easy navigation with clear directions, easy to use.

I bought this item for several reasons - moving to a new city, and the future possibility of making several roadtrips to and through L.A.

I first...Read complete review

I first tried this on a 1 1/2 hour trip I knew well. It delivered me to my destination perfectly. I next tried it on a trip where I was not familiar with the roads and freeways. Again, it delivered me to my destination without a problem.

It announces upcoming road changes 2 miles in advance, then 1 mile (approx.), and then again at 1/2 mile, giving you plenty of time to make lane changes, even on busy freeways. The directions voice is clear and concise, and has volume control for noisy situations. If you make a change to the route (say, to pull off the route and get gas), it immediately starts to re-calculate your current position to get you back to where you need to be.

It is easy to input information and addresses, with a "Quickspell" feature; this allows you to input a partial name, and brings up all matches. It also has AAA Tourbook information on hotels, restaurants, etc., and with the bluetooth feature, allows you to place a call directly to the hotel, etc., that you are reviewing. It has Bluetooth capabilities, although I haven't used this feature, as I already have a bluetooth headphone paired with my cell phone.

I live in a heavily wooded mountainous area, and most times, the unit has no trouble locking onto the satellite locations. When 1st leaving my home, I've found sometimes the directions aren't quite accurate, but after I get out of the woods, the directions are right on track. MOST TIMES, the directions are right on track from the very beginning.

Even though I have only used this less than a month, overall I am VERY impressed with the results. I would have no fear of navigating through a city such as L.A. when using this unit. And with the pre-loaded POI's (Points of Interest) and the AAA Tourbook information, it will be a snap to find the local ATM's, gas stations (you can input by brand), or find the nearest Mexican restaurant, no matter where you are.

Unbelievable, I mean really

The Magellan Gps - Reciever, my friend purchased this product.  Last March we set out on a trip from Mobile to Little Rock Arkansas in a rental carl from Enterprise Car Company we were traveling to Conference that is held every year in differnt States.  The conference had been held in Little Rock,  at least two other times.  Once we traveled on a group but and another time we had traveled in a rental car, using a driving map we had downloaded from mapquest.

She had program the GPS unit the night before.  The unit was working pretty good, at each

turn or exit it would give a little beep a few minutes before we reach or exit it would talk and tell you, you have reach you exit.  The problem started when we stopped for gas, after we were ready to take off the Unit had went to blank so, we had to enter our destination again and the unit ask if we wanted the shortest route or the quickest route, after entering the quickest route it gave us a whole different route, so it continuously told us to make a u-turn and go the other way

Love this GPS !!!

from Beaverton, OR

Comments about Magellan Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

I love this GPS - bought it 2 weeks before going to Canada for the first time - not only did it guide me everywhere I wanted to go in British COlumbia, it was able to hook into the CAA website and tell me which restaurants gave AAA discounts as well as 1800 numbers for those places -all on the road - also was able to convert system to Metric so we didnt run afoul of Canadian traffic cops !! Will never go on any road trip without it !!!

Great GPS with a large screen!

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Magellan Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

I love traveling, but I always seem to get lost. There will be nore more of that with the Magellen Maestro 4040. This GPS rocks. Unlike many others on the market it has a large screen so you can actually see it when you are driving. It came in a box with an instruction manual, power supply, computer cord, GPS, mounting stand, and a case. The GPS was very easy to mount on the windshield of my car. It uses a very strong suction cup and the mounting stand is very adjustable so you can make sure you can see it from whichever angle you like. It case is also very nice for when it is not in use. The GPs also says the name of the street, etc that you need to turn on which is nice. There is a day mode and a night mode, so the screen is easy to see at all times of day. The one negative is that the battery does not last super long, but the cord is able to reach to wherever you mounted it in the car. I highly recommend the Magellen Maestro 4040.

With Magellan by my side, I'll travel anywhere, even alone

from Westminster, MD

Comments about Magellan Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

**Purchasing my Magellan was the best money I've spent in a long time.  I even bought a "refurbished" one from *www.buy.com* and it has never failed me.  I'll travel anywhere, any distance, and never worry about getting lost.I call her MAG (pronounced Madge) and she is my driving partner.  I never miss a turn.  Best thing is driving on unfamiliar roads at night or even in dense fog... the screen shows me when hidden roads or tight curves and turns are close.  Mag always lets me know in plenty of time when my next turn is approaching. I just LOVE her!!!!**

Do not buy from Magellan Navigation, Inc.

from Arroyo Grande, CA

Comments about Magellan Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

**Do Not buy from Magellan Navigation, Inc.  (actually, Thales Navigation Inc)We purchased the voice feature for the GPS online and it didn't work so we called fro a refund.  Their policy is NO REFUNDS**We asked for their address and or phone number of their company and they REFUSED to provide it. Before thinking of buying their product I would highly recommend you try to find the name and phone number of their Main Office - they are in hiding... you won't get it.  If you do, please email me at darrelln99@aol.  Need the name of their CEO so we can take him to small claims court and get our money back.

don't expect to use this for more then one year

from Palo Alto, CA

Comments about Magellan Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

Well before the year was out it was broken it was saying you have arrived on the right when it was on the left little things at first then it got worse it would say turn right here when there was no street.

Finally we tried to turn it on one day and it would not fire up.  I phoned as it was under one year and they told me that I could send it back but I had to pay for it too be returned.  What sort of warranty is this that you have to pay to send the faulty goods back.

So I argued and they sent me a reply paid label to return the goods that they would repair and return to me.

perfect for a "newbie", The Magellan 4040 GPS receiver easy to u

from Joliet, IL

Comments about Magellan Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

The Magellan 4040 GPS Device is a great accessory for any person who is computer illiterate and not technically savvy. The easiest electronic device that I've been exposed to in years.
Debra M.
Joliet, IL

Magellan Maestro gets me there everytime!

from Morrisville, PA

Comments about Magellan Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

My favorite Christmas gift last year was my Magellin GPS from my husband.  I am directionally challenged and this has relieved all the stress from driving.   It is easy to program and the directions are easy to follow.  I love that it beeps right when you are to be making a turn.  The only problem I have had with it is keeping it on the window.  I would like if it had a better dashboard attachment.

The Magellan is a life-saver.

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Magellan Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

I recieved the Magellan as a graduation gift and it has helped me countless times since then. It is very acurate and if you make a mistake it figures out a different way you can go to still get to where you are trying to go. The only problem I have with this device is that some addresses are hard to find.

BEST INVENTION SINCE SLICED BREAD!

from Simi Valley, CA

Comments about Magellan Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

My husband bought me my magellan-Maestro 4040 GPS for my birthday.  I get lost every time I leave my town.  No matter how many times I try to self direct (so-to-speak) I always wind up ending where I started!  This device is wonderful!  It tells me where to turn, what street I should be on, how long it will take.  I feel safe, comfortable knowing I am where I should be.  All I have to do is type in the address and off I go!  It even lets me know what roadside services are available if I ask it. Example:   I was playing with it and didn't know the address of a local gas station. Typed my query in and it literally let me know the closest one.  Love this, and if your a not -so -good- at -direction's kind of person, you shouldn't leave home without it.   mthunter40

The Magellan Maestro 4040 is the Easiest GPS on the market.

from Berkeley, CA

Comments about Magellan Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

the Magellan Maestro 4040 is a great and easy to use product.  This GPS system is loaded with features and an incredibly user friendly interface. Comes with everything you need right out of the box.  I bought this product for a cross-country road trip.  We traveled from DC to San Francisco and relied heavily on this unit.  It was great for exploring new cities and looking up restaurants and pet-friendly hotels. Only cons are if you have fat fingers like me.