3.8
Lucky Magazine

Lucky Magazine

3.8

For the shopoholics!

I love this magazine.  Especially the stickers inside every issue that allow me to flag pages and remind me what I want to buy.  Every magazine should have those.  I can't tell you how often I mark articles and then forget to go back and look up websites or order a dress I saw on a celeb.  And most of the clothes are affordable too so I don't have to feel bad after reading it that I can't purchase anything I saw.  I also like that the clothes are trendy but wearable.  So often I see cute items in magazines but wonder, where will I wear that in day to day life?  They are also season appropriate which is great.  Since so many celebs live and vacation in warm weather, I am often stuck looking at short sleeve outfits in December.  Hello!!! I live out east.  I will freeze!I know some people do not like that there are very few articles.  But I love it.  The magazine is focused.  It is supposed to be like a shopping catalogue.  I love that I don't have to dig through the articles to see where to purchase things.  It is all laid out for me. This magazine is perfect!

This should be called Lucky Advertisement Book. It's all ads!

I bought my sister and I a subscription to **Lucky Magazine**. I am very into beauty, trends, clothes, and all the latest styles. She isn't. But I wanted her to...Read complete review

I bought my sister and I a subscription to **Lucky Magazine**. I am very into beauty, trends, clothes, and all the latest styles. She isn't. But I wanted her to be.

I had never really read **Lucky Magazine** before but it seemed like the type of mag I would enjoy.

Well, I am still trying to find the actual ARTICLES in the thick magazine. It is ad after ad after ad with very little substance of any kind.

**The Magazine**

This magazine is deceptively thick. I was excited to get a full year's subscription for just $12.00. Then I saw why.

This magazine is chock full of advertisements. I'm talking page after page after page of glossy, enticing ads that I like to look at but don't want to PAY to look at. The articles, what few there are, are all related, obviously, to trend and beauty but look like they were sponsored by the companies that are being talked about. The whole magazine is one big advertisement!

I enjoy leafing through the mag to see the latest beauty and fashion trends and products and I have gotten many ideas from looking at the outfits and cosmetics advertised. But, um, where's the substance? The real articles? The advice, the columns, the...STUFF that makes a magazine, a magazine?

There is very little substance in **Lucky Magazine** and I would not subscribe to it again. This is one of those publications that is fun to leaf through while wasting time at the doctor's office but not one you would sit down with and try to read. Because there is very little TO read.

It's trendy and glossy and oh so thick. But it is just a bunch of ads with a bit of editorial content tossed in.

**Lucky Magazine **will keep you up on the latest fashion trends, newest cosmetics, and hippest accessories but the whole mag seems a little shallow to me. I love all that stuff but I also appreciate reading articles, columns, and informative pieces.I found very little of those in Lucky.

For 12 bucks a year, this is a fluff mag to read in the tub or leaf through while wasting time but I am unimpressed with the journalistic qualities (WHAT journalistic qualities?) and will read the mags I get then not bother resubbing.

A better fluff mag is Allure which actually has some good tips and articles mixed in with the millions of ads page after page.

**Conclusion**

I give **Lucky Magazine **2 stars. It's a glossy, fun, thick mag but it's really just hype and ads. Read it at the doctor's office or other waiting room for free and spend your money on something with at least a tad of substance. (Unless you truly enjoy looking at the ads, then it really is slick in that area.)

one of my favorites

Comments about Lucky Magazine:

Lucky magazine is one of my favorites for tons of reasons. Out of most of the fashion magazines, it's one of the cheapest if not the cheapest. Either way, I don't mind paying the price simply because it's the best. I'm so glad I found a girly magazine that isn't full of disgusting articles. I CAN NOT STAND magazine like Cosmopolitan or In Touch. Yes, I understand it might be for some people who like to catch up on celebrities or like the gossip, but it's not for me. I don't want to read about different sexual positions and what feels good NOR would I want my daughter reading things like that. Any young girl can purchase a magazine and get caught up in what they read. Lucky is, for the most part, strictly normal articles, how to's, clean advise, clothes and accessories. To me it is the girl side you need when looking at a magazine without all the junk. It's girl simplicity. I love reading it whenever I can get the chance to get a new issue. I haven't subscribed yet but I think it would be well worth it.

Don't have a large disposable income? Then,don't waste your time

from Strawberry Plains, TN

Comments about Lucky Magazine:

I received this magazine subscription as a gift and though I like Fashion & Beauty as much as the next girl, nothing in this magazine is entertaining to a single woman living on a budget.  If you are in the fashion industry, have a large disposable income, or an heiress, you may possibly be able to see something in Lucky and be able to purchase something you see in this magazine (probably online).  Even if I did have money to blow on a $300 top, I would have to purchase it online and would not have the luxury of going to the store to try on the top because the closest U.S shopping mecca to where I live in rural TN is Atlanta 3 hours away.  So unless you live in NYC, LA, Miami, or the like and have bookoo bucks, don't waste your $4 on this magazine.

It sounded crazy to me--a magazine about shopping?

from Miami Beach, FL

Comments about Lucky Magazine:

but I have to say I love Lucky!   I find inspiration and information on styles and trends I would never have time to track down in the stores. Lucky provides buying information, so I've found tons of great web sites that I never would have known about without Lucky!

Not content heavy

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Lucky Magazine:

I love to read - books, magazines, etc. I subscribe to LUCKY but am considering cancelling. What I do to every magazine is tear out every ad before I read it because between the ads and the subscription cards I find that I lose my patience and interest. I kid you not, there's maybe less than 10 pages in every issue with decent content. If you're looking for fluff, then this is your magazine - that is, if you don't mind wading through all of the ads before you get to the actual pieces worth reading.

Great shopping guide

from Burlington, CT

Comments about Lucky Magazine:

This magazine is great help in following trends, where to get these trends, how to wear them in real life and provides other great tips. A must for any hard-core shopper!My favorite part about the magazine is you can go online and chat with the other "Lucky" girls on the message boards--get some tips and advice there and shop through the Lucky Magazine website to get good deals on clothing, etc.

lucky magazine is best for hardcore shoppers

from Lansing, MI

Comments about Lucky Magazine:

Lucky is very hit or miss when it comes to fashion advice that most women can use. I find lucky most helpful for looking at individual items so I can pick what trends I like this season. I'm a hard core shopper. If you think of shopping as more of a hobby than a chore lucky is a useful reference. I really like the luckymagrewards.com feature. This rebate program gives you a percentage back in the form of visa gift card. If you do allot of on-line you can earn enough rebates to more than pay for the subscibtion.

For the shopoholics!

from New York, NY

Fashion for the Young - not necessarily the Young at Heart

from Cheboygan, MI

Comments about Lucky Magazine:

This is a glitzy and  great looking magazine. I acquired my subscription to Lucky Magazine  for free and was not familiar with it when I chose the title. I've started giving all of my copies to my 21 year old niece, as this is a magazine for the very fashionable and very young. Some fashion magazines can be read by older readers but I don't think Lucky is one of them. I do love that they have some great contests every month, such as winning the cover look. I won't renew my subscription but I'd purchase it as a gift for someone in their teens or twenties. Yes, there are lots of fashion ads, but I look at them as art.

Silly readers, Content is for books! Nothing but Ads here!

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Lucky Magazine:

Yep. It's a great big book of Advertising!Want to blow away your paycheck, buy the ads, then buy what they are selling you!Lucky magazine, as far as a magazine goes... sucks ink. It's a waste of pulp and ink if you ask me. =/

LOVE THIS MAGAZINE-I ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO RECEIVING IT!

from East Berlin, PA

Comments about Lucky Magazine:

I loved this magazine so much I bought a subscription! I'm not much of trend setter, but I love this  magazine. The fashion tips can't be beat.  Pick up a copy and see for yourself.  If you like to shop either online or in person, this is a great magazine for you.