View more routers

Linksys
E1000
Linksys Wireless-N Router - Black

Linksys Wireless-N Router - Black

The right price, the right router.

After a bad experience with a cheap router, I decided to spend a little extra money for the Cisco Linksys e1000. It was more than I wanted to pay initially, but, overall, I am very satisfied with my purchase.

I do basic internet - I'm a serious student and use internet mainly for research papers and basic communication (email, facebook). My roommate and I don't do any serious downloading, more occasional, and we do some video watching through Netlflix streaming, YouTube, etc.

This router is just what we needed. It has better range than our last one, although it's nothing too spectacular. For a large apartment, it's perfect. I'm not exactly what you'd call a techie either. I'm not technologically illiterate; I have a happy balance. I know enough to get done what I need to and fix the common problems, and I was very pleased with how easy this was to set up. I was prepared for a little bit of frustration, but received none. I'm fairly certain my grandmother, who has extremely little experience with computers and networking, could have set it up without help. Being that she's interested in using wireless, I most certainly will recommend this router to her.

I'm also very pleased with the safety features it creates, allowing only certain IP addresses to access its network. It even offers guest accounts, should you be so inclined as to turn it on. After several weeks, I am encountering none of the problems with this router that were so apparent with the last. It never needs to be reset and both our computers get great reception from it ALL THE TIME. The power supply does not get very hot, nor does the router, but we choose to keep a small fan near it, just in case.

I haven't had the router extraordinarily long, so I can't speak for its longevity. That's the only thing I can think of that could even possibly be perceived as a con, and I have no reason to expect it to dud on me.

Linksys e1000 does the job, just ok

My family has had this router for a little while now and for the most part it does the job. It broadcasts the internet throughout the house to an extent, but gives weak signal at the far end of the house, even though it's less distance than the maximum the box says it'll go. The box is small, sleek, and looks good on the computer table, which is good, because some of the other products were gigantic and would have taken up much more room. However, one of the most troubling aspects of this product is that in the last month, it was been turning itsself off, and we have to manually unplug it and re-plug it in every 3 hours or so. This is super frustrating and we're actually looking to replace this with a newer one. I guess they don't last forever, but while it was working it did fine. I wouldn't recommend this specific one, although I may have just gotten a lemon of a product. Generally linksys is a fantastic product, so i probably won't give up on them.

Linksys makes a solid router

from Zeeland, MI

Comments about Linksys Wireless-N Router - Black:

I had bought this Linksys Wireless-N e1000 router to replace a very very old router I had been using that finally died on me.  I was given the recommendation of this router.  I was told that for home use it was a great router/wireless network.  I have three laptops, one desktop, a wireless printer and a Wii gaming console that I needed to run off of the wireless router, so I wanted it to be able to handle all of that!  The router was very easy to set up and it got us back up and running in no time.  Very user friendly I would say.  It seems like it sped up our computer internet speeds just a bit more than the other router - making the connection more true to the speeds that we pay for thru our cable provider.  So far everything has been very reliable, although the streaming of movies thru Netflix still seems to have to retrieve once or so during a movie, but that might be fairly normal when streaming a movie thru a wii wirelessly.  I would recommend this router though.  I would try to buy it when on sale though, I wish I could have waited for a sale.

• Setup & Ease of Use:
  • Service & Support:

A very durable wireless router

from Somerset, NJ

Comments about Linksys Wireless-N Router - Black:

The Linksys e1000 is one of the best wireless routers that I have ever used. It is very durable. It is the perfect addition to any network. Like most routers today, though, it can handle the 802.11b standard, the 802.11g standard, and the 802.11n standard. This router also has a 4-port switch, which allows you to create a home network with up to 4 wired computers and/or printers, but you can always expand your network by connecting another switch or hub to this router's switch. This router is very easy to configure, but if you don't understand something on the configuration page, the manual for the router will explain what it means, in full detail. So far, I do not have any problems with this router at all. I really like its design, and I am very happy that I bought it. The router is built with very durable components, so you can be sure that it will last for a long time. I would highly recommend this router to others.

Decent

from Wonder Lake, IL

Comments about Linksys Wireless-N Router - Black:

In my opinion I believe that this wirless router from linksys is decent. Why you might say because I prefer Netgear I have had that wireless router company before. This Linksys router gives a pretty good wireless signal. The range of the signal isn't too great though. But if you want to buy yourself a pretty good wireless router I say go with this one. You can't go wrong with this Linksys router.

Outstanding Router!

from Waseca, MN

Comments about Linksys Wireless-N Router - Black:

Let me start off by stating that I have owned over a hand full of routers in the past and this one is probably the most simple to use out of all of them. Connecting multiple computers and devices to the same internet source has never been more easy. The initial setup of the device went without a hitch and I was connected through Wifi to the internet within minutes. Connected to my Mediacom 15 megabyte internet I am able to recieve download speeds of over 1.5mb per second from good sources. The device isn't connected to any computers or devices by means of network cable but at any time during the day I do have two laptops connected to it, a Playstation 3, Wii, and two cellphones. All of these devices are able to connect through Wifi at the same time with no problem.

Pros:

Easy intial setup, Great wireless speeds, able to connect multiple devices at once

Cons:

Internet goes out rarely, simply have to uplug my router and modem for about 15 seconds and replug them back in to resolve the issue

Best Router by Linksys!

from Pikesville, MD

Comments about Linksys Wireless-N Router - Black:

The Linksys Wireless-N Router is the best Linksys router that I have ever owned, and I have been a loyal Linksys customer for some time now because I prefer their routers for my networks. First off, it is very very easy to install and setup. I had no problems taking out of the box and having a running network within ten or fifteen minutes. Very few routes are built that way for that kind of easy setup and installation. Second, the range of the router exceeds many other routers I have worked with. That is a nice feature when you want to take you wireless devices out in the yard or the deck and want to keep internet connectivity. Also, the internet runs really quickly through the router and I am extremely happy with the speed. The security on the router is also top of the line to make sure no one can steal your identity or information. Overall, I would recommend teh Linksys Wireless N router because I firmly believe it is the best one on the market today.

Efficient and effective networking hardware!

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Linksys Wireless-N Router - Black:

I have been using it for about 4 months now and have never even had to reset it like my old one. I give it the best rating I possibly can. In the 12 years I have been computing I've always ran a network within my home that my family connects on. Usually 1-2 times a week I always had to reset my router because somebody was booted offline or something. I have never had to reset this router and nobody has been booted. Its fast, reliable and to my amazement one of the cheaper routers I looked at. I'm cheap and thought I was just spending enough money on a router to get by but this turned out to be wonderful. I have had no problems in the four months I've been using it with connection, speed or anything. Was easy to connect and the software disk that came with it to help me set up my network only took a few clicks to get it up and running. Easy to follow step by step instructions. I never even had to enter any information. The disk supplied detected and set up my network with just a few clicks from me. In my 12 years on the net this is the best, fastest and easiest router I've ever worked with. Looks good too and is small and compact.

great router

from Port Saint Lucie, FL

Comments about Linksys Wireless-N Router - Black:

If you are in the market looking for a good router, you don't need to look any further. I have had the linksys router for a while and really never had any problems with it. Linksys makes really good products that are durable and reliable. You know they will not stop working one morning. And even if there is some issue with the router you will get very good quality service to fix all your problems. The installation is very simple and you will be done really quickly. I think linksys had very reliable and secure systems. So you would not have to worry about people hacking into your wireless system. The best part of this router is its price. It is priced to sell and for this price a very good deal. So I would definitely suggest people to buy it.

Linksys Wireless-N Router - Black (e1000) is a good router

from Bossier City, LA

Comments about Linksys Wireless-N Router - Black:

I purchased this router to upgrade from my Linksys Wireless g Router. I decided to go with the N router since I bought a new laptop that can accept N signal. and because it has fewer drop outs and wider range. Since I bought this router, I had fewer interruptions in the internet, and I am able to reach farther areas from my house. I really like tis router.

Router review

from Hayward, CA

Comments about Linksys Wireless-N Router - Black:

Hello everyone Today I am reviewing thos router I bought for my home when I bought more than one pc. I bought this mainly because I wanted wireless internet connection for my other pc. This was easy installation but there are a lot of flaws in this system. If you want to play xbox live or online on some video game console this is not the router because it is not meant for that stuff. This item is great quality and comes with free 3 month warrenty. It has great signal just one thing about it is that singal only works well and fast when you in atleast 10 ft range from it. Customer service for this item is horrible becausr whenever you want to talk to tem like for exmaple your router is not working they will charge more and more money.

An outstanding Router

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Linksys Wireless-N Router - Black:

Being in a home that uses the wireless internet frequently--tons of apple products and three to four computers--it still provides a fast internet connection and does not create that many lag spikes when I am playing. The Wireless-N router has a very long range and you can access the system controls within in the browser allowing you to create a secure network. There are different modes of encryption, which I absolutely love and the router was not that expensive at all. I leave my router on twenty four hours a day, seven days a week and do not even reset it once, yet it still works perfectly. You cannot go wrong with this router and it even provides a very fast internet speed if you are a alcoholic gamer. No need to worry about dying due to lag!