View more routers

WRT160N
Linksys Ultra RangePlus Wireless Router

Linksys Ultra RangePlus Wireless Router

This Linksys Wireless Router has great range

I just upgraded our old Microsoft wireless router to the Linksys WRT160N Router.  It seems to be working perfectly.  The set up was a cinch and the range is much better.  I was also able to very easily set up the security by myself which I could not do before.

It is working with RCN cable, Windows VIsta and a Dell Vostro.

I am not a techie so I cannot really comment on the specs and how they compare to other wireless routers.  But if you are mildly capable with computers you will be able to set this up yourself.

12-15-08 - Update.  The range is so good that we no longer need two cable modems in the house.  The old wireless router I had also caused me to have to reboot the router every few days.  So far I am very happy with this router.

will not stay connected

Works great when it will stay working. Every 2 days I have to reset the router in order for it to work again. Very frustrating. Have called Linkys twice but cannot seem to get this problem resolved. After doing some reserch it seems to be a problem with many people who are using verizon dsl. I have tried 2 different linksys routers and have trouble with both. I do believe it is time to give another company a try.

One of the best Routers i have owned by far!

from Lewiston, ME

Comments about Linksys Ultra RangePlus Wireless Router:

This is by far the best router that we have bought. Will continue with Linksys routers for as long as they are around. I would reccommend this to anyone who is a gamer and on a network. Easily accessable as well :D

This router works great!

from Gadsden, AL

Comments about Linksys Ultra RangePlus Wireless Router:

This router has always connected me wirelessly to the internet, and has never given me any problems.  The price of the router was very afforable.  I would reccomend this product to others.  My family and roomate love the routers easy to use feautures.

Linxys router is the best router that I have ever used

from Saint Cloud, MN

Comments about Linksys Ultra RangePlus Wireless Router:

I purchased the Lynksys router from Dell two months ago and I really enjoy it.  I purchased the router so my son could also play X-box live and actually it seems like my computer also runs faster then it used to.  I have used other routers in the past that my friends let me try out, but I decided to purchase one my slef and this router is awesome.  The model number WRT160NV2 and you must look at this model, because this router is the best that I have used.

Great value for the price

from Citrus Heights, CA

Comments about Linksys Ultra RangePlus Wireless Router:

I purchases a Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router about a year ago & have been very happy with it. There are occasional connection problems but restore quickly. The set up process is simple & the customer support link on Linksys website is helpful. The speeds are comparable to what my service provider has and it is easily recognized by WIFI devices.

Good router but not the best

from Canonsburg, PA

Comments about Linksys Ultra RangePlus Wireless Router:

Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router is a well built and easy to use. The router uses the N wireless technology to connect to wireless devices. This is the fastest technology that is being used in home wireless routers. The coverage of router is also excellent. I can get coverage over 300 feet outside of my home even with the router placed in the basement. Now on to the features that it lacks. The 4 LAN ethernet ports on the back of the Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router are not gigabit rated, only megabit. With files getting larger and larger the amount of time its going to take to transfer them within your network is going to be longer with this slower connection. Also this router does not have a usb port in it. I wish it did so that I could have added network attached storage to it or even a print server. Other than these two flaws the Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router is a pretty good router. It does what it needs to without the bell and whistles.

Linksys WRT160N Router

from Groton, CT

Comments about Linksys Ultra RangePlus Wireless Router:

This router was easy to set up.   There were several occasions when everything came to a stop on my computer and i had to shut down the computer, shut down this router, and then shut down my cable modem.   i had to recycle this router in order for my computer to work again.     I thought this router was a true 802.11N wireless router but in the end I was only so so satisfield with the download speeds on my computer using this router.   I rarely if never got speeds above 56Kbps.     I have stopped using this router as it does not support dual bands ( ie 2.4/ 5 gigahertz).    I have replaced this router with the WNDR3700 from Netgear which is a true 802.11N dual band wireless router and now get downloads speeds of 720kpbs using the same computer and same cable modem.      This router lays flat on the desk so it takes up more space than the netgear wndr3700, and i don't remember it being energy star rated.

Very easy to set up

from Longs, SC

Comments about Linksys Ultra RangePlus Wireless Router:

I bought this item and was immediately surprised at how well it connected. I am also please at how many wireless items I can run at once without seeing reduction of speed. I also like the fact that it is also wired so I can still connect other items that are not wireless. This model is attractive as well as practical and has awesome performance. I recommend this router to anyone who needs to expand their network & wants to be able to use wireless and wired. It is a lot smaller than the old routers and has a sleek body instead of the old boxy kinds. A+++++++++++. I have always found linksys to have consistent reliability, dependability and provides awesome service :)

The linksys wireless router is great device

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Linksys Ultra RangePlus Wireless Router:

Now when this wireless router first came out i was surprised of what it is capable of doing (well only thing it can do is send out wi-fi). But the distance that i can get from this device is remarkable and its very easy to set up. And it also its made by cisco, and there known for making great products. I personally own one of these for which i use for everyday computing like getting emails, and controlling my computer through my iphone.

So i have been using this device for about a year now and still no problems. But the only CON is that it heats up really quickly if its like set on on carpet because the vents are located on the bottom, which not really a problem but it can damage the interior of the device causing hardware malfunction. So its best to put it up on a table where it can stand up to breathe.

And this ends my review of the linksys WRT160N Wireless Router, I would recommend this device to anyone who is looking for a great wireless router. Thank you for reading.

Great, sleak design with powerfull wirelss reach!

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Linksys Ultra RangePlus Wireless Router:

This is a fantastic product. I've used it for about 3 months and it has worked perfectly since day one without a single problem.  Set up is a breeze. Just put the cd in the computer and follow the prompts the longest part is waiting for your computer to read the disk.

The N-Wireless router is far more powerfull than the G-Wireless router. It also reaches throughout the entire house.  No matter where you are there is a wireless activity; and not just a bar or two. Even on the other side of the house there is full bars.  The Linksys N-Wireless Router even moves around household item. I can lay on the couch and not have any signal degredation.

When I first bought it I questioned if the extra money would be worth it and it has. The N-Wireless Router is to wireless internet what broadband is to dial-up or what cable/satellite is to antenna television.  Eventually you wonder how you were able to live without it. If you are considering this product it is a definite buy.

It works but hard to understand.

from Lakeside, CA

Comments about Linksys Ultra RangePlus Wireless Router:

Got the router in order to have wireless connection for my computer and my husband's.  Still have trouble if both of us try to use our computers.  We love the fact that our IPad and IPhone work off the wireless but that is about as good as it gets.  Setting up was very confusing due to the fact that we both have laptops and it shows you how to get wireless set up from a tower.  We are using it but I think it could benefit from having better setup available, especially if you are going to be using for more than one computer.