View more routers

Linksys (4260039347361) Wireless Router

Pros

Cons

• Service & Support:

I would recommend it for anyone looking for a simple and ready

The Worldwide web is yours, all around your home. Enjoy surfing, searching, communicating, playing, wherever you want it. The Wireless-G Broadband router is great for sharing an internet connection, and connecting all of your computers to each other - without running wires.The Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router is three devices in one. The Wireless Access Point lets you connect both Wireless-G (802.11g at 54Mbps) and Wireless-B (802.11b at 11Mbps) devices to a network. There's also a built-in 4-port full-duplex 10/100 switch to connect your wired-Ethernet devices together. Connect four PCS directly, or attach more hubs and switches to create as big a network as you need. The Router function ties it all together and lets your whole network share a high-speed cable or DSL Internet connection. All your computers can print on a shared printer connected anywhere in the house. Your computers can share all kinds of music, digital picture, and document files. The Wi-Fi protected setup feature makes it easy to configure your wireless devices. Just push the button on the Router and on your other Wi-Fi Protected Setup enabled wireless device to automatically create a WPA2 connection that protects your data  and privacy with up to 256-bit industrial-strength encryption. The Router can serve as a DHCP server, has a powerful SPI firewall to protect your PCs against intruders and most known Internet attacks, supports VPN pass-through, and can be configured to filter internal users' access to the Internet. Advanced configuration is a snap with the web-browser-based interface.You don't have to be a geek or hire a geek to set-up this router. Linksys provides LELA - a set-up Wizard that simplifies the process so anybody can be up and running. Linksys is owned by Cisco and provides outstanding customer support and service.  Great product  I would recommend it for anyone looking for a simple and ready to use router.

Cisco Router WRT54G2 falls a little short.

At least 2-3 times a week I find myself pulling the plugs from this unit, to reset it. I have been told by our cable provider, that it's not there cable modem thats the problem. I'm not sure I totally belief that. Cisco is a good company, but from day one, I had trouble with the installation disc and the wireless set up. When we got our cable installed, I had to do the router set up myself, while the technician was here and saw all the problems I was having with this.  I downloaded the newest version and had the same problem. It took a lot of time and dedication on my part, but managed to finally figure it out. Either I have a defective unit or this product is not that good, at least in my neighborhood. I get booted off way to much and the signal could be a little better. There is no antenna on this model, so I wonder how it is suppose to give out a good signal. Not saying this is a bad unit, but its a not a good unit for me.

Of course, then there's the case that Network Magic comes with this unit, but it's only good for 6 weeks, then you have to pay additional to get all the features or you'll get hit with pop ups when your computer starts and in the middle of things. Should be part of the package and be good at least for a year.

An average wireless router

from Folsom, CA

Comments about Linksys (4260039347361) Wireless Router:

This Linksys Wireless Router was found to be fairly average by my husband and myself.  It was cost-effective and easy to install and we didn't have any problems with security or reception when we were using it, however, one day it just stopped working.  This was about 7 months after purchasing it new from a large computer wherehouse store.  We thought it was our internet provider that was having a problem, but because we had to wait so long for our internet provider to get back to us, we decided to try another router and sure enough our internet was back up and running fine.  I'm pretty sure this isn't the case for everyone, though, and I know Linksys is a popular brand so I'm not totally opposed to trying another Linksys in the future.  We didn't do a whole lot of research before buying it since we really needed a cheap model that would work with our system so we went with what the sales people recommended.  My advice would be to save your receipts!

We ended up having to get rid of it and purchase another brand instead.

Cisco Linksys - standard, quality, economic wireless router

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Linksys (4260039347361) Wireless Router:

Cisco's Linksys router is one of the most ubiquitous home wireless routers, and for good reason. It's economical, and works pretty well. I've had mine for a little over a year now, and it hasn't given me any real trouble. I actually bought mine refurbished, but it seemed like new when I got it and like I said, it's really worked out great. I live in a small apartment so there are no issues with signal strength. The WPA encryption works fine and has been secure. I am a little more experienced with computers and electronic equipment, but this was the first wireless router I personally set up, and I had no difficulty with it. If you're really advanced, or looking for something super high speed or with really wide range, this might not be the best option, but for a typical user this should work great. I would definitely recommend it, and I'd also recommend going for a refurbished model as they are even cheaper, but work just the same.

Works well most of the time but occasionally needs to be reset

Setup & Ease of Use
Nice web-based user interface for customization

Service & Support
Have not contacted support about this product

Works like it should!

from Laconia, NH

Comments about Linksys (4260039347361) Wireless Router:

I have always gone to Linksys for my wireless internet products, so when I decided to upgrade when I purchased my new desktop, of course Linksys was the brand I decided to purchase. After purchasing the Linksys Wireless Router, I brought it home and set it right up. This brand seems to be a fairly easy brand of products to set up, as long as you have some basic computer knowledge. I have never had an issue with this router. I have, in the past, purchased a cheaper brand wireles router, however I really "paid" for it in the end. It was not worth the hassle at all, even if I paid less for the other router. I ended up spending hours of frustration between spending time trying to set up the wireless router, spending time on the telephone with customer service, and going back to the store where I had purchased the router and returning it. Not worth it! Go with Linksys, you won't be sorry. And if you have trouble, call customer service!

• Service & Support:

Linksys Wrt54G2 is a wonderful product that performs excellent.

from Raeford, NC

Comments about Linksys (4260039347361) Wireless Router:

The Linksys Wrt54g2 is a wonderful product that performs excellent, even under multiple usages.  The Linksys does have problems after power outages, but easily rebootable. Linksys technical support is easy to access and very valuable in their help. Techincal support answers and solves problems in minutes. I would recommend the Linksys wireless router to anyone with a totally wireless household. The Linksys is compatible to the WII and any IPOD or Palm. The Linksys wireless router is easy to configure and apply a password to enable a private setting. A great product that should be used in every household. As of right now, I have the linksys supporting three laptops, one wireless printer and an additional device to increase mobile service connection and it is handled with no problem. I am also impressed with the ability to print without being in the house, often times I work outside of the home and still able to reach my service. Again, the Linksys WRT54G2 is an exceptional product that is worth the very low price.

Good Router & More

from Tracy, CA

Comments about Linksys (4260039347361) Wireless Router:

Linksys is part of Cisco, a company devoted to manufacturing and researching the next best and greatest networking equipment. This Linksys router is actually three devices in one. First it can act as a wireless access point and allow you to connect both Wireless G and B standards to the network. The wireless signal strength is strong and can penetrate quite a few layers of walls. Second, it can be a wired router/hub with four built in ports that functions at 10/100mbps speed. Third, the router can be used to share one internet connection with all devices in your network.

The router comes with enhanced security built-in. Remember to change your password for logging-into the device to manage its settings (web based interface). Then enable at least a WPA encryption on your wireless settings. But the router is equip to handle WPA2 standards with protection of up to 256-bit industrial-strength encryption. In addition, there is a powerful SPI firewall built in that protects your computers from intruders and most known internet attacks. The router supports VPN pass-through and can be configured to filter internal users' access to the internet.

So far, after months of use, this device has not once failed me.

works great

from Ogden, UT

Comments about Linksys (4260039347361) Wireless Router:

We've been using this router for about 5 months and have had no problems. It is in the same room as most of the items that utilize it except for when I want to work on my laptop upstairs in my room, and again, no problems.

Great little router, Linksys is high quality

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Linksys (4260039347361) Wireless Router:

Linksys has always been good to me.  THeir products are high quality and easy to use.  This particular router is great both as a wireless router and also a wireless access point.  I first used it for my wireless internet network, but once I got a new router I decided to make this a wireless access point for my Microsoft XBOX 360.  By installing "Tomato" router firmware, you can achieve this.  Basically, you can use this wireless router to pick up the wireless signal of your other wireless router, and plug ethernet cords into the back of this router and provide internet to the connected devices.  So, you can make your XBOX 360 wireless by having this router as an access point.  The only con to this is that it is rather hard to setup the Tomato firmware if you are not familiar with networking, so you may need your computer-oriented friend to come over and help you.  Overally I rate this router very highly because of its versatility and high quality.

Great Linkysys WRT4G2 Router

from Temple Hills, MD

Comments about Linksys (4260039347361) Wireless Router:

I love my wireless router.  First off, installing it was easy and I had no problems connecting my desktop and two laptops.  I live in a small one bedroom apartment, so it probably doesn't mean much when I say I get great range, but I do.  I rarely have any issues.  When I do have connection issues such as when a setting is changed (usually happens when I format my hardrive) I can easily fix it, by either reinstalling it or typing in the correct ip address for the router.  The router has worked great for two years now, which I guess is not a very long time, but if it ever did go out I will definitely buy another linksys router because of its great reliability and ease in set up.  The router was no too expensive when I purchased it, there were a few cheaper ones that probably would work well too, but I wanted to go with a router that I knew would work great and it was worth every penny spent.

Definitely worth the purchase.

from White Hall, AR

Comments about Linksys (4260039347361) Wireless Router:

I may be partial since I have never had anything other than a linksys router, but this is no let down either. If you want a great router and want very little if any trouble with connection, this is the perfect router. It has a sleek design and works beautifully. Seldom do I lose any connectivity and if I do, it is due to the ISP.

Linksys is a Great Router for the Price

from Midland, PA

Comments about Linksys (4260039347361) Wireless Router:

The Linksys WRT54G2 is a great wireless router that has been good to my family for the last year.  Not only did we get a great deal on this router, but it was very easy for my family to set up.  We are not extremely tech savvy, so this was a huge plus when determining what kind of router we were going to put in our house.  Since we have had the router, there have been no real issues, other than having to move other things out of the way (that were blocking the router).  In other words, if we have the cordless phone, for example, in front of the router, it sometimes messes with the signals to our computers.  This is really the only con to the product.  I am assuming, however, that this is common with almost any router.  On another note, customer service through Linksy's has been great as well, which was another huge selling/buying point.  This is a great router that provides fast service between our computers when getting on the internet!