Other Early Development Toys:
LeapFrog My Pal Violet

LeapFrog My Pal Violet

Pros

Cons

MyPal Violet is a fun multi-purpose toy.

My daughter has had MyPal Violet for about two months and has played with it every day since.  Violet is a purple stuffed dog that is very soft and cuddly and can be personalized for your child.  The dog comes with a usb cable and it was very easy to customize the dog.  I simply plugged it in my computer and then registrate on the LeapFrog site.  You can then program Violet to say your childes name, favorite food, color and animal.  The whole process took me less than ten minutes.  Now the dog can say my daughters name and sings songs with her name and favorite things in them.  It is very easy to play with as you simply touch the pictures on her paws and she turns on so it is suitable for younger babies.  The dog also teaches things like manners, time of day etc through fun songs and activities.  Violet can also play lullabies and you can set it to play for two, five or ten minutes straight.  Violet now goes on all car rides, is included in play time and cuddles and plays music for naps and bedtime.  This is by far the most played with toy in the house.

Cute toy but has one big downside.

I bought a LeapFrog My Pal Violet for each of my daughters and plan to give them to them for Christmas.  You can program it with your child's name (it will say the child's name when it talks and it will include your child's name when it sings various songs) and your child's favorite food.  Unfortunately, if you have a child with an unusual first name (which my oldest does have an unusual first name), you may not be able to program it into Violet.  In order to do the programing, you connect her to your computer with the included USB cable and access the database online.  As I said, these will be Christmas presents, so my children have not yet seen them.  But I am concerned about how my oldest feels when her Violet does not say her name like her sister's does for her.  I wish I had known this fact before I bought these.  I think LeapFrog should make it possible to add unusual first names to the database individually because there are a lot of children out there with unusual names.  I hop my oldest daughter still likes her Violet dog because of all the other great features.  But this one downside is a big one.  So I would say that I recommend it to parents with children with common names.  But if your child has an unusual first name, I will have to say that I do not recommend it.

Adorable, Sweet, and Educational

Comments about LeapFrog My Pal Violet:

I got this for my baby girl when she was about 8 months and she's been attached to it ever since (she's now 13 months). What's awesome is that you can connect this toy to Leapfrog online and customize it. It's really easy to do. I programmed it to say her name (which amazes her every time she hears it). Violet also knows her favorite animal, color, and food. She sings cute songs and there's also an option to play 5 minutes of lullabies which helps my baby fall asleep. Violet is also very interactive. Besides singing, she also asks questions and has conversations with your child.

I've had this toy for a few months and it's been in and out of the house and is still in great condition and good working order.

Safety
I don't see anything unsafe about this toy except maybe that the back opens where the battery compartment is. But I don't think it poses any danger.

Ease of Assembly
You don't have to assemble anything so that's a plus!

• Versatility:
  • Safety:
  • Ease of Assembly:

Educational and fun personalized toy, my 4-year-old's favorite!

Comments about LeapFrog My Pal Violet:

I purchased this for my daughter when she was just a few months old. Now 4, she knows every song by heart. The good thing is we can switch up the songs whenever she wants (and her favorite colors, foods, etc.) by hooking Violet up to our computer. When my daughter began learning to read, and especially to spell her name, you could see the excitement in her face every time her pal called her by her name. Violet is the toy she still chooses to sleep with at night (and we take it everytime we go on vacation!) I also bought the equivalent Scout doll for my son. He is now 8 months old and loves watching the name tag light up. I'm sure he will enjoy it as much as his big sister. The only thing I was disappointed about is that his name was not in the database, and therefore we chose "Bea" so that it would sound like Scout is saying the letter "B" that his name begins with. This product would be even better if the software was intelligent enough to sound out unique names that aren't in the current database.

Great first birthday gift!

Comments about LeapFrog My Pal Violet:

We received this as a gift for our daughters first birthday and she loved it then and still does now at 2.5 years old. I love that violet (as well as other leap frog toys) are customizable and that the puppy can say her name and other things that are her favorite. It is really simple for an infant/toddler to use as you just press on the puppy paws to hear songs and whatnot. The puppy has held up better than I thought it would and we have not had to replace batteries since we got it. I really like that the leap frog brand of toys and videos really help children learn and now that my daughter is older we can update the puppy and let her choose which songs are downloaded to play. It helps her to think and be able to decide for herself what she likes instead of us choosing for her. She is constantly changing her favorite food or color as well as song preferences. It's neat to see with just this one toy how much her personality has changed and violet still grows with her.

Leapfrog my Pal

Comments about LeapFrog My Pal Violet:

The LeapFrog My Pal Violet is so cute. I bough this for my daughter after both of my boys had the LeapFrog My Pal Scout. You can plug the stuffed animal into your computer. Once you plug it in, you can personalize the toy. You can add the child's name, and the the puppy will call the child by name. You can pick which songs the animal sings also. The power button is on the My Pal's foot. There's a button on the other foot for bedtime. There's a button on one of the hands for music which is where the songs you picked on the computer will play. There's another button on the other paw for games. This LeapFrog My Pal Violet is really great, but I hate cleaning it. It's impossible to take out the electronics inside of it, so you can't wash it in the washing machine. It's difficult to try to clean it with a damp cloth like the instructions say. Ours has a few spots on it that won't come off, and I guess they never will because we can't wash it.

Great interactive learning toy!

Comments about LeapFrog My Pal Violet:

This toy delights my daughter...Violet knows her name and talks to her and I can see her eyes light up! It is a great interactive toy. Violet asks questions and my girl answers and learns. At one year old, she has started singing along to the songs. I also love that I can pick the songs and things that Violet says.

One of the best early learning toys.

Comments about LeapFrog My Pal Violet:

My daughter is in love with her Pal Violet. This bear can be customized to your liking. You can choose which play songs as well as which lullabies your child likes most. This stuffed animal also comes with software that allows you to customize it with your child's name. This toy truly grows with your child as they activities change with age.

My daughter loves it!

Comments about LeapFrog My Pal Violet:

My daughter loves this toy! My son also likes it really well. It is very interactive. It can be set up to reflect that child's interests and needs. It is very educational and fun at the same time. It is colorful, bright, soft and cuddly. It is easy to clean. It is a great toy.

Toys that Teach

Comments about LeapFrog My Pal Violet:

This toy is great. My daughter loves it. It helped her learn her name very quickly and now she loves that it says her name. I love how you can customize it to say your child's name his/her favorite food and color ! And it gives you a wide range of songs to choose from. Via USB computer! Definately a must!

My niece loves it!

Comments about LeapFrog My Pal Violet:

I bought My Pal Violet as a birthday present for my niece. She loves it! My favorite thing about My Pal Violet is the fact that she says my nieces name. :) There are several options of "play." Violet talks to her and sings songs. You really can't go wrong with anything by Leapfrog. Leapfrog products are fun and educational, this toy included.

Best toy out there

Comments about LeapFrog My Pal Violet:

This is probably the BEST invention ever! I bought my daughter one way before she was born so it was programmed and ready. It's cute,it's soft, and the best part is its personal. You can program them to say their name but if you don't have a generic name you are out of luck. My daughters name is aubriella and luckily I was able to program it to say aubrie. I love that it sings little songs. It had actually helped me put her to sleep or calm her down. She smiles and coos at it all the time. its actually a very educational toy.I love you can set it for a certain amount of minutes if play time. I do believe you get one,five,or ten minutes. Also, this you isn't absolutely mind blowing annoying like most toys these days. I just all around love the fact that this is a toy that can be used from 0 months to toddler an maybe beyond that. Then it can become a sentimental value toy that can be kept for years and years.