Pros

Cons

Favorite toy... we take it everywhere with us!!

This is my 2 year olds favorite toy!! He sleeps with it (it plays nighttime music), he takes it in the car when we go somewhere. Best toy ever!! This is a buy for sure!! A very nice aspect of this toy is that it is soft and plush. There was actually a recall on the scout that was out several months ago and my son was so attached to it, that we asked for the company to send us the new one... after receiving it, we would send the old one... rather than their typical procedure of us sending them our scout and they then send us the new one. The company was very gracious about it and very quickly mailed us the new scout. My son would have been heartbroken if he would have lost his scout for a few days. The recall was due to the paws having a sticker on them, instead of the new version where the paws have the sewing on them. Both of my twins really like this toy, however, one of them likes it more than the other.. so I guess it will just depend on your child. I am glad that I bought it.

Scout is Super Cute

I thought we would get more use out of this puppy then we do, but then again my son just may still be too young for it. I will say that we absolutely love that you can personalize the puppy on Leapfrog and that our song does get a total kick out of it everytime the puppy says his name and that he loves the flashing color but Scout just doesn't keep his interest for too long. After a few minutes he is moving on to one of his more favorite toys. I think it just might be his age though since he is still under the age of one and I am hoping that he will end up loving this toy and it will be one of his go to bring along every toys but only time will tell. The puppy is very soft to touch and he does enjoy using it as a pillow from time to time. The green color is actually rather cute and I really do enjoy the songs that you are able to pick out. There are quite a few songs you can choose from as well and it had really simple instructions after it was connected to the computer. My son does enjoy the dog just not as much as we had hoped...so hopefully in the future he'll take a better liking to it.

Comments about LeapFrog My Pal Scout:

The LeapFrog My Pal Scout is so much fun! This puppy has a button on each hand and a button on each foot. One of the feet has the power button, and the other one has a "goodnight" button. One of the hands has a music button, and the other hand has a game button. You can plug this puppy into your computer and customize it. If you open the back of the dog, there is a USB plug, and that's how you connect it. You can changed the songs that it plays, and you an also tell it your child's name. The My Pal Scout will actually say the child's name. There is a name tag under it's chin that has it's name on it, and it lights up during the songs. I bought this for my son when he was 8 months old, and the light on the dog tag was the only thing he found interesting. I couldn't get him to understand he needed to press the buttons to make it work. When he got older, he was so excited because the dog said his name. I never told him I put his name in there because he thought it was so special because the dog already knew.

Excellent toy

Comments about LeapFrog My Pal Scout:

Each of my daughters received one of these dogs as a gift from family. I love that they are personalized to say each child's name, allowing no room for confusion of which dog belongs to each child. They are also personalized to include a list a "favorites" unique to each of my daughters. Each dog knows their owners favorite color, food and animal, and plays the kid-songs that each child enjoys. The toy also encourages learning and creative thinking, asking the child to spot different colors and makes animal sounds that the child can match to the correct animal. As the electrical components are tucked inside the animal body, the toy is durable enough to withstand rough play. We, luckily, have not yet had to thoroughly clean these toys. I have used baby wipes to clean the surface of dirt, but have not yet had any major staining. I love the function for bedtime music that allows the user to select a short 2-minute clip of lullabies or a longer 10-minute selection. This toy is great for babies up to the older toddler.

great

Comments about LeapFrog My Pal Scout:

LeapFrog My Pal Scout. My little brother got his LeapFrog My Pal Scout last Christmas from my older sister, just a few weeks ago we set it up on the computer
so it can say his name and say food he likes and sing to him. The buttons are very easy to press the little dog tag on him lights up when he sings and talks. It really interacts with him. The only down fall about this scout dog is they didn't have his name unless it was spelled wrong but it still says his name.
He never really payed with him until a few weeks ago. Now he hugs him and plays with him and cuddles it. He likes his scout dog. Its very easy to set up and make it say there favorite things and sings songs to them.
It didn't take but 10-15 minutes in all to set up the toy, and now my brother loves him. Its a great toy for baby's or toddler. It grows with them and is such a cute little stuffed animal toy and teaches them at the same time. Very happy with product and its a great price.

Helps to learn

Comments about LeapFrog My Pal Scout:

My son got this for Christmas a few years ago and he still uses it daily. Its a very great learning device and helps the kids to learn their names, how to spell and simply its a lovable tool. My son takes this to bed with him and he sings the songs that scout sings. My son is now three years old and can spell his name and speak words clearly.

Great toy

Comments about LeapFrog My Pal Scout:

We bought this toy for my son when he was two. He is now three and he still plays with it on a regular basis. He loves the fact that Scout calls him by name. He also likes that Scout knows what his favorite things are. As a parent I love that fact that I can change things like his favorite color which helps the toy grow with him. We now have two Scout puppies and he loves them both. I would recommend getting one of these for your child.

Years of fun for my two boys!

Comments about LeapFrog My Pal Scout:

We first bought a Leapfrog Scout a few years ago for my second son. He loved it and slept with it all the time. We liked the timed nighttime songs. Then along came our third son and well, Scout was personalized for his brother. So we bought another Scout and personalized the new Scout with our third child's name, favorite foods, animals and songs. Now they both have one and the know whose is whose. Scout has been a part of our lives for about three years now. They are easy to personalize, just plug the USB cord into your computer and everything comes up. It walks you through the items you can personalize and only takes a few minutes. Every now and then I plug a Scout in and update the latest favorite food or color. The kids get so excited when their Scout has the same favorites as they do!

fantastically engaging with child

Comments about LeapFrog My Pal Scout:

my grandson received this as a gift a year ago and still plays with it everyday. it helps him count and sing and go to sleep with music that shuts off automatically, like a wind down period.
his enjoyment and interaction was worth every penny we spent in getting this for him

Awesome for a 2-4 year old!

Comments about LeapFrog My Pal Scout:

We love this for rest/bedtime. It has a sleepy time timer. He loves to sing and talk with it! We love how we can customize the settings from our computer. We can input what we would like him to hear. Scout does not have a loud/annoying voice, like some toys do. Overall we would recommend this product to anyone with a 1-4 year old!

Must have

Comments about LeapFrog My Pal Scout:

I love the leap frog dog. I have bought one for each of my children. You can download from your computer to customize the dog to your child. It sings songs and it is a perfect bedtime pal for your toddler. You can take him on road trips and get togethers and children never get tired of him. One of the best things about it and he grows with your child and your child's changes so you can keep changing a customizing him to your child's like and preferences. He is light weight and easy to hold even for the smallest hands. They have them for boys and girls which is cute and makes the perfect gift if you are unsure what to get a toddler. My kids still use them today and it helps develop speech and imagination. I remember the first one I bought I enjoyed playing with it with my son. We sang along to the songs and it helped him learn how to pronounce his name. In my opinion this is a must buy for any child. Not only will it help your child learn and grow he will become your child's companion and friend. It shuts off with times music play for the good night song which was my kids favorite song of all time.

My son loves it.

Comments about LeapFrog My Pal Scout:

I purchased Leapfrog My Pal Scout for my son. (I also purchased Violet for my niece.) They both love them. All Leapfrog toys are fun and educational but the fact that this one says each of the kids names is really neat. :) My son takes Scout to bed every night and plays the "bedtime music" before going to sleep. I would recommend.