4.9

LeapFrog Letter Factory

4.9

Pros

Cons

Letter Factory is the best alphabet video I have ever seen!

Before having my first son, I was a preschool teacher.  A parent reccommended the LeapFrog Letter Factory video and even brought it to me to show to the class.  I was pretty skeptical and we didn't really show videos much at school, so I decided to take it home and review it first.  I found myself surprisingly entertained by the video and like the approach and singing a song with each letter and its sound.  I decided to make a rare exception and show my class a little part of the video each day and they LOVED it!  Their response stuck with me and I decided to get it for my son for Christmas last year (even though he was only 14 months old).  He enjoyed watching cartoons a lot, so I decided to put it in for him one day.  He seemed to be really engaged in it and I assumed that he enjoyed the bright colors and music.  I was shocked when about a week later he saw a letter "A" and pointed to it and made the sound "ah."  I figured it was probably a fluke, but within a few weeks realized it was not.  By 17 months he knew every letter and their sounds.  I have had several friends with similar experiences (although their children were closer to the age of two).  I can't say enough good stuff about this video!

Cute but to kiddy.

I thought the idea would be good for four year old but I guess our kids these days are growing and learning to rapidly. Because my son was not interested at all. HE is a computer genious! He has nothing to do with tv, books, toys even! HE wants to play games online all day! I try getting him to read or even listen to me read but he has no intrest! I dont know if Its just my son but i think with all the tecnology today but by the time my son is graduating, Everything will be done electronicaly! I get the piont it helps them learn by reading out the words but there is no interest into that. They want action! I would rather turn my computer to fisher price online and let him click and learn away! He sees hears and interacts all at once! No boring listen and look! I think everything on the shelves should be electronic or computerised. Its 2011. I mean what cant we make or invent these days? Our kids are smart.

My child knew her letters and sounds by the age of 2!

Comments about LeapFrog Letter Factory:

My first child wanted to watch the Leapfrog Letter Factory over and over again. It was her favorite show! She knew all of her letters and their sounds by the age of two. She is already starting to read and she's not quite four yet. This show is amazing at keeping the attention of a child. It teaches the sound of each letter of the alphabet in a fun and memorable way. Each letter has it's own room where the teacher is teaching the letters to make their own sound. Very cute. You don't even realize you are learning when watching it. It's very entertaining and captivating. My almost four year old still loves to watch this show as well as other Leapfrog shows. My youngest child doesn't sit for long when the tv is on, but she will sit still for the Letter Factory and that is saying something! They learn by observing and listening and then months later, they start putting it together and saying their letters and sounds. Awesome show!

It will help your child learn the letter sounds in a fun way.

Comments about LeapFrog Letter Factory:

My 2.5 year old son learned his letter sounds with this video even before he knew his alphabet letters. It is a fun and unique way to help them learn phonics. Another great Leapfrog product!
The video features Tad, Leap, and Lily as siblings who go to their father's work (the Letter Factory) and help him make a letter sound dictionary. Tad is particularly curious, as the youngest, and goes from each letter to the next learning the sounds for each letter. Different scenarios are used for each letter. For example, the sound for the letter P is demonstrated by popcorn popping. The sound for the letter Q is demonstrated by ducks quaking a speech. The sound for the letter H is demonstrated by heat and the letter being hot. Integrated within the sound learning is an actual story (the development of the sound dictionary), so that it doesn't just seem like a lesson but more like a fun story. The visual aids the audio and, I believe, together helped my son learn the sounds. Highly recommend!

The only phonics video you will need.

from Telford, PA

Comments about LeapFrog Letter Factory:

This DVD taught both of my kids their phonics in the most natural way ever. As a result, they both started Pre-Kindergarten with a solid phonics base, and now my 6 year old is a reading whiz in grade 1 and my 4 year old is already starting to read. The DVD is well designed, fun to watch, the music is catchy, and the lessons are solid. Worth every penny!

A must!

from Carrollton, OH

Comments about LeapFrog Letter Factory:

I love all the LeapFrog movies. Letter Factory and Talking Words Factory helped my daughters learn how to read. My oldest starting reading in preschool and now is a wonderful reader in 1st grade. These movies taught me some tricks that I share with other adults too. One trick is when reading a silent 'e' at the end of a word makes the vowel say its name like the word rode.

My 4 year old loves this!

from Lumberport, WV

Comments about LeapFrog Letter Factory:

My 4 year old son absolutely loves this dvd! He's had it since he was 2 and I totally believe that this dvd is how he learned his letters so quickly. He played (and still plays) it over and over. And now his younger brother who is 18 months old has started watching it. :)

Letter Factory gets all A's here

from Seguin, TX

Comments about LeapFrog Letter Factory:

Why sit your child in front of the TV watching mindless cartoons when you can be feeding their brains. This video is awesome and they pick it up so fast. It's amazing to see my 2 yr old running around the house singing the A says ah, the A says ah, every letter makes a sound the A says ah. We now have a rule in our house that they have to watch something educational before watching time wasters. People love to hear her sing her sounds. Worth every cent in my book.

Letter Factory is awesome!

from Perris, CA

Comments about LeapFrog Letter Factory:

I am a homeschool mom and love, love, love this series of DVD's from Leapfrog. My five and three year olds have been watching these and love them just as much as I do. I actually am using it as a tool to teach my children to read. Currently, the way I use it with my two children is to have them watch it everyday after their phonics lesson to reinforce what they already know, but prior to that, it was an excellent way to introduce them to the letters while Mom got a chance to clean up or tend to other things. The music is fun and the tunes are catchy. The characters are engaging and the graphics of the letters are great. I would definitely recommend this to anyone whether or not they homeschool!

I love this product

from Williamsburg, VA

Comments about LeapFrog Letter Factory:

I have two children of my own. I used it with my daughter who was 5 at the time (since I didnt know about it before) and it worked great. I used it on all the childcare children who loved it and no my own son who is 22mo. He loves it and is learning quickly.

Leapfrog Talking Letter Factory is awesome

from Sun Prairie, WI

Comments about LeapFrog Letter Factory:

I started my daughter on the Leapfrog Talking Letter Factory from the library when she was 2.  It was a great DVD.  It is very educational, with fun characters and it keeps the kids' attention without them knowing that they are learning!  The fun characters from Leap (Tad and Lily) show kids how each letter makes a sound.  This was key learning for my daughter so that she could understand phonics and eventually learn how to read.  After seeing this DVD and LeapFrog Talking Words Factory, she was reading by the age of 3.  She is now 5 years old and has been tested to read at a 3rd grade level in school.  These DVD's were key to her strong reading and writing skills.  I have already purchased this DVD for my son, who is only 6 weeks old, but I know that eventually he will learn his alphabet, letter sounds, and word creation from these DVD's.  I highly recommend this for every child and school out there!

My kids learned their letters so quickly from Letter Factory!

from Stanley, NC

Comments about LeapFrog Letter Factory:

I was hearing about this DVD quite often from other parents who would state that their young children (2 or 3) learned their alphabet and sounds of the alphabet very rapidly after watching it. I was skeptical but, sure enough, after about two weeks both my 4 year old and 2 year old knew all of the sounds of each letter of the alphabet. The catchy songs stick in their minds and you will catch them singing along throughout the day, even when its not playing! I have since purchased the other DVDs in the LeapFrog series which are well made as well. Letter Factory is still the best though! Their prices are so reasonable for it too...especially considering how often the kids will want to watch this!