Other Early Development Toys:
Fisher-Price Rock-a-Stack

Fisher-Price Rock-a-Stack

Pros

Cons

A simple but great toy that will grow with your child

I have now seen these rings being used by babies and toddlers and I must say they are a must have! I think it says 6mon+ on the box, but buy them for any baby of any age because you never know when they will start playing with them. There is nothing they can choke on or hurt themselves with so no reason not to get them early. The picture says it all. It's just a set of stackable rings, red through blue, each one a little bigger so they will only stack one way.

Supported Sitter stage: at 5 months old, my daughter can't sit and play with this toy yet without help. Even though I have to hold her or lean the toy for her, she loves to take the rings off one by one and then watch me put them back on. Then, of course, she tries to eat them. They are durable though, so she can try all she wants!

Sitter stage: at 6+ months old, my nephew loved stacking these rings and we would all say YAY every time he did it right. At first we had to hand him the rings in the proper order, but soon he was learning away and able to stack in order without assistance. He learned his colors and some motor skills!

Toddler stage: at 1+ years old, my niece still loves to walk around with these rings. She just walks around the house with them, sometimes tosses them. They are soft and can't hurt a thing so that's ok!

With a toy that is so simple, so durable, and so entertaining, it's definitely a must have. It was one of the first toys I bought for my daughter even before she was born :) Check out the Fisher Price Rock-A-Stack today!!

Fisher Price's Rock-a-Stack is fine for a plastic ring stacker.

Fisher Price's Rock-a-Stack is nothing special. It has many rings of different colors and sizes made of plastic that fit on a plastic post attached to a plastic rocking base. The top and smallest ring has a clear plastic top with little balls inside that make noise and can be viewed when the ring is moved. This is a toy that helps children practice their developing motor skills and can be used a variety of ways to learn colors and sizes but I am not very fond of Fisher Price's Rock-a-Stack for a couple of reasons.

One reason is that, in my opinion, Fisher Price as a company does not do enough to protect our children from BPA and other harmful chemical levels in their products. After being read a generic statement about how the FDA finds no link between BPA and health, a Fisher Price representative told me that it's "mainly" their clear plastic that has BPA anyway. For me, that's enough to get rid of clear plastic products from Fisher Price, including this one. I found a wood alternative that's safer and also a stacker.

from Baltimore, MD

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Colorful and Fun
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Holds Attention

Cons

• Crawlers
    • Special Needs
    • Toddlers

Comments about Fisher-Price Rock-a-Stack:

My son first started playing with this when he was 6 months old and he still plays with it 3 months later. He absolutely loves it. Even his 8 year old sister enjoys playing along with him with it. It is one classic toy no parent should be without!

A colorful toy that provides endless fun!

Comments about Fisher-Price Rock-a-Stack:

This is an eye catching toy that fits nicely in little hands, it has the ability to rock from side to side without falling over and the top ring can also function as a rattle. We've had ours for over two years now and it has withstood many different types of play without breaking. very satisfied with this toy!

A classic toy made even better!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Fisher-Price Rock-a-Stack:

I remembered this toy being around the house when my brother was little and it had been passed down through the family. It's one of those classic toys that has stuck around for a long time! I would even go to say that it's even better than it used to be. It's still colorful, bright and a great size for little toddlers and babies. It is fun to watch the little guys learn to stack the rings on top of each other and see their smile when they get one on. The improvement that I liked was the rattle ring at the top. It's just an extra bonus to a good toy. I found that my child played with the rattle ring the most on this and had fun making sounds. The base of this toy rocks back and forth. I seem to remember that it used to be flat. I like that better. It is well made. It held up for two of my kids and still looked great. It is very sturdy, but the plastic rings are still somewhat soft, so it won't hurt gums/teeth if it's stuck in their mouth. The rings are easy for them to place on and stay in place well,. A lot of fun for little hands!

Fisher-Price Rock-a-stack

Comments about Fisher-Price Rock-a-Stack:

This is a classic toy. I think every child in America must have or have at least played with one of these at least once in their lifetime. This toy has been around forever and every child I know loves it. The colors are bright and fun. I have one of these that my children played with almost 20 years ago and it is still played with today by my daycare children. Fisher Price toys have been around forever and are made to last. It is good to see such a simple toy still so popular in a world full of electronics.
    This is a toy that allows children to use their imaginations and creativity. My daughter used to love to try to balance the rings on her head. I have had many children wear the rings as bracelets or anklets.
    This is classic toy that every child will enjoy playing with for years. Babies like to take the rings off, and the older children like to help them put them back on. This is one toy that every child should have. It is inexpensive, and the ways to play with it are endless.

Great for small kids and even greater for special needs kids!

Comments about Fisher-Price Rock-a-Stack:

My youngest son, now three, received this as a gift when he was a baby. Diagnosed with autism eight months ago, I've seen him develop a renewed interest in this toy. Not only is it great for building gross motor and logic skills in neurotypical (developmentally normal) children, but it's also great for autistic children as well! It is very durable and survives the occasional scuffle. It also has lasting potential, as two and a half years after my son received it as a gift, it is still around and continues to be in excellent condition. Make sure the small child in your life has one of these!

Never Gets Old

Comments about Fisher-Price Rock-a-Stack:

The Fisher-Price Rock-a-Stack never ever gets old. My favorite part about this toy is that you don't need any batteries and it doesn't sing really annoying songs or anything that would drive parents absolutely crazy. Yay! The most noise you're going to get out of this toy is the rattle effect from the top ring. That ring is my daughter's absolute favorite part. She loves anything that rattles, so that is definitely a plus about this toy. Even more, did you have any idea that the rings can be so versatile? My daughter has found countless ways to play with these rings. She stacks them like she's supposed to, she rattles the top one, she puts them on her arms and pretends that they're bracelets, and she put them on her head and claps them together to make more noise. It's just a great all-around toy that's full of bright colors that won't annoy the parents. We absolutely love this toy!

Classic.

Comments about Fisher-Price Rock-a-Stack:

Very cute, little learning toy for your little beginners. My kids always started playing with these when they started learning to crawl. They can quickly figure out how to stack them, and become so proud of themselves. In no time they learn to stack them in the correct order and you will become so proud.

My daughter enjoys this.

Comments about Fisher-Price Rock-a-Stack:

The toy is supposed to be 12+ but my daughter enjoys playing with the rings (since 8 months). She can't put them on but she loves pulling them off the stick, looking at each color, and using them like teething rings. The red top ring is also a rattle, so that gives her an extra thrill.

A great multi-use toy!

Comments about Fisher-Price Rock-a-Stack:

When my daughter was a baby, she loved these stacking rings. While it may seem like they can only be used to stack, she would pretend the rings were a variety of other things (donuts, eyeglasses, a bracelet etc.), rock the base while empty and use the top ring as a rattle.

Babies don't need that much, and this toy was more than enough to keep her entertained for a short block of time.

Boring.

Comments about Fisher-Price Rock-a-Stack:

My kids were really bored with this Rock-a-stack and avoided it during playtime, reaching for other toys. I would even try to play with it with them and they were just never interested in it! The only part they liked was the top because it sounded like a rattle.