Other Early Development Toys:
LeapFrog
LeapFrog Hug and Learn Baby Tad

LeapFrog Hug and Learn Baby Tad

My daughter has loved it from day one!

I don't know what I would do with out the Leap Frog Hug and Learn Baby Tad.  I have been using mine since I brought my daughter home from the hospital, and it has been a life saver.

Baby Tad is easy to use for both parents and babies.  His night time/sleep mode is hes best feature (as far as my experience goes).  You just press the night time button on his right hand and he plays lullabies while the colorful shapes on his "bib" light up to the music.  The music is very soothing and works like a charm putting little ones to sleep.  You can determine how long the music plays by pushing the button one time for every minute that you want it to play (up to 6 minutes).  This is the only way my daughter would sleep for 6 months.

Once my daughter outgrew the night mode, she realized that she loves to discover that pushing buttons causes something fun for her.  Little ones can push the colorful buttons on his "bib" when it is in day mode, and the buttons light up and he teaches the shape and color of the button.  He also sings songs when the button for day mode is pushed on his left hand.  They are great songs that almost everyone knows such as "baa baa black sheep" and "how much is that doggy in the window".

Another great feature of this product is that there is a volume control.  I live in a house with 6 cats, and most of her toys with sounds tend to irritate them.  This toy has never once affected any of them.  It is loud enough to amuse a baby, and yet quiet enough to not be disturbing.  I have even taken it to the emergency room with us and we could use it there.

Baby Tad is also very easy to clean, and my daughter has really put that to the test with her acid reflux.  A lot of toys say that they will come clean if you use a damp cloth, but they rarely do.  With my daughters acid reflux, there was always vomit on everything (gross, I know) and this is one of the few toys that did not end up ruined.

The only thing that I could say was negative for us is the number of batteries it requires.  He requires 3.  This isn't a large number, by any means, just difficult for rechargeable battery families.  I use rechargeable batteries and it is a pain to charge 3 batteries instead of 2 or 3.

When I originally purchased this toy, I thought it may have been a bit too expensive.  I was wrong because of the longevity of him due to the different things he can do.  I am sure that my daughter will still be playing with him for at least another year.

Sang my daughter to sleep

My mother in law purchased the Leap Frog Learning Baby Tad for my daughter's first Christmas. At the time she was only six months old and he was more of something to cuddle than to really play with. Once she was in her own crib, I used the Baby Tad to "sing" her to sleep since he has several songs and you can set him to sing for five or ten minutes. I would set it for ten minutes and leave the room and usually by the time the music was done my daughter would be sound asleep and I would quietly take the toy out of the crib. Now that she is older, she has learned how to squeeze his hands and feet and clap and dance along with him on cue. I like that the toy has so many different features. There is a little rhyme for his hands, feet and belly, but he also sings about those body parts and has the daytime/nighttime feature with music for babies. The only bad part was that my daughter figured out that Twinkle Twinkle Little Star meant bedtime and now she cries whenever someone sings the song!

So sweet

from Howe,ok

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Colorful and Fun
  • Durable
  • Holds Attention

Cons

• Crawlers
    • Special Needs
    • Toddlers

Comments about LeapFrog Hug and Learn Baby Tad:

I bought this for my son when he was a baby and he would drag it around everywhere. He loved it. It's buttons you push says the cutest things. Its so surable i have now passed it down to my nephew.

Great Learning toy

Comments about LeapFrog Hug and Learn Baby Tad:

My first daughter loved it she loved the counting it teaches you and in Spanish. taught her shapes too. Now my youngest loves this toy she plays with it every day, I know she wants me to sit with her and learn with her, which I don't mind one bit. Its the little things and little memories that impact a child's life. This toy is one of them.
    I see us having this toy for a long time. When we have play dates with my youngest daughters friends from daycare that's the first toy they pick up. and I kid you not they sit there for about a hour playing with the toy. I love the songs there catchy and kind of stay in your mind for awhile. He I'm tad and wont you count with me, one, two ,three.
    And in Spanish also. Every child in the world should have this toy, I believe it should be in daycares also cause the little ones would learn the basics and learn it well and there parent can do it with them and it could be a family thing.

Leap Frogs are Amazing!

Comments about LeapFrog Hug and Learn Baby Tad:

When I had my first daughter, one of the first items we got her was a leap frog bilingual Tad. Tad was a great way to keep her entertained while teaching her words and letters in two different languages. Needless to say, Tad was passed along to my second daughter. Now that we are expecting our THIRD girl, she will also experience the awesomeness of Tad. I love all leapfrog products and highly recommend them for any parents that are wanting to purchase a fun interactive toy for their child.

the best toy for babies

from Hemet, CA

Comments about LeapFrog Hug and Learn Baby Tad:

my baby love this toy she cried for it and love it the minute she saw it at the store she has had it since she was 6 months old and she is now 1 years old and still plays with it.

it teaches her letters ,and how to count and teaches her how to clap and morning time and night time, were her belly at where her foot is at and her hands at and allso teaches them many songs such the abc song and many more songs. i would reccomend this toy for a baby to a child any age it is just so cute my 8 year old likes to play with it and my 3 year old they all like leap tad and it was well worth the money. i rate this toy five stars i love it and i am going to buy one for godson for christmas if u are looking for a christmas gift for a baby or a child this is the perfect toy.

Gotta love Leapfrog!

from Peru, ME

Comments about LeapFrog Hug and Learn Baby Tad:

My daughter got this last year for Christmas and the delight on her face when she would press the buttons was priceless. It's big and easy to figure out. It didn't take her long to realize the fun that comes when she'd press the buttons. Now, nearly a year later, she STILL loves it! Great product for infants and young children!

Baby favorite!

from Cecil, OH

Comments about LeapFrog Hug and Learn Baby Tad:

I had this toy for my 6 year old and he loved it, so I knew my second child would probably like it. He loves to listen to the music while he is laying down to go to bed. I hear him in the morning pressing the buttons when he wakes up. He now knows that when he hears the music from Tad he is to lay down and go to sleep.

Drove me nuts, but my son loved it

from Kingsford, MI

Comments about LeapFrog Hug and Learn Baby Tad:

My son had this when he was very small.  I would put it on night-time mode and he would fall asleep to the music.  It was something that we used for months as he needed it to fall asleep.  It traveled well and was a nice slice of home when we were on the road.  He also loved to press the buttons and I think it really helped him learn his shapes early.  The only drawback was the music, it is very repetitive and drove my husband and I nuts after a while.  However, lots of toys do that so I guess I can't hold it against poor Tad.

One of the best first toys!

from Granada Hills, CA

Comments about LeapFrog Hug and Learn Baby Tad:

This was the first toy, that my 2 months old son was looking and paying attention for a long time, he was singign with it, loufing, looking at the dancing lights with lots of interest. I would definitly recomment this frog to every mom(do not forget, that each child is interested in different toys...)

Awesome product! My 2 year old loves this!

from Cedar Park, TX

Comments about LeapFrog Hug and Learn Baby Tad:

My daughter does not stay interested in most toys long. I am not sure if that is because she is 2.5 or if its just her. She saw a friend of hers with the Leap Frog learning Tad toy and played with it for hours. I decided to go out and buy one of my own, it was really cheap, and I figured if she loved it as much as I thought she did it was well worth the small price. We have had it a couple of months now and she will NOT put the thing down! She LOVES her tad. She refuses to go to sleep without him and will make me press his arm 6 times so it will play her favorite bedtime tunes while she falls asleep. It is so cute to hear her humming to the tunes because she knows them all so well. I think this is the greatest product ever and I definitely recommend it to anyone with a toddler. It also has colors and shapes on the front that the child can press and memorize the colors and shapes. My daughter surprised us all by learning them really fast and pointing them out to me one day. It was so cute and funny that I had to get it on video and send it to my parents. This is a great toy and well worth the money. With the holiday season coming up I definitely recommend getting this for your little one!

A great tool for teaching numbers, counting and colors!

from Kirklin, IN

Comments about LeapFrog Hug and Learn Baby Tad:

These are great toys for boys and girls alike.  They make learning fun and they have a "friend" to learn with!  They learn numbers, colors and counting in a fun and interactive way.  There are animals, shapes and objects that the children have to identify as well and they are just the right size to hug.