Other Foundations:
Laura Mercier
Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation

The Best Foundation for Women with Rosacea

I started using Laura Mercier's silk creme foundation about one year ago.  I have light skin and suffer from rosacea in the area of the apples of my cheeks, chin and my nose.  In the past I have had trouble finding a foundation that not only covered the rosacea spider veins, but would last.  Finally, I found it with silk creme foundation.  The coverage is buildable and it makes my skin look luminous.  I could NEVER say that before!  The foundation goes on easily and doesn't dry too quickly, so you have time to make sure it is blended well. It is neither too dewy or too matte.  In my opinion, it's perfect!

not a good product for my skin

I purchased the Laura Mercier silk creme foundation along with the primer. I had to return both because I had a strange reaction to the products. I found the fragrance of this foundation made me sneeze a lot, and the foundation felt too thick on my face. This seems to be a better product for anyone without acne scarring, because the foundation settled into my scars, so I had that look of "it's obvious that girl has skin problems and she did an unsuccessful job of covering up." Even though I used a little bit of this product whenever I applied it, it still felt heavy and looked extremely cakey. I looked ridiculous and I also started breaking out after using the Laura Mercier products. I really wanted to like this foundation because I know many people who have had positive results. It wasn't the right foundation for me. I've had foundations that were medium to full coverage without the thickness and I would have preferred this product to be less thick in texture.

Not for my skin type.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation:

I have a lot of acne that I need covered, and this does not help at all. It has a really light coverage. Even very small pimples were not covered up well and could be seen through it. Freckles still showed through and redness on my cheeks and nose was quite apparent. It has a nice finish, which is slightly dewy and more neutral. It makes clear areas of my skin look nice and smooth. I think this would work much better for people who do not have skin problems like myself. I like the tube packaging. It is easy to squeeze and get the right amount that you want. It did not last very long on my skin, probably four or five hours before I had to reapply to oily areas. It looked smooth on the dry areas of my face and did not get cakey, though. I wore this when I went to the gym and did some light jogging. It did not last even with the slightest bit of sweating. My face was barely moistened. It was very expensive and definitely not worth the money.

Overall

Comments about Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation:

This foundation is awesome. I love the packaging first and foremost- you can get the amount you need without wasting it. It comes with quite a bit of product; use it everyday for over a month and still have a decent amount leftover. Blends out easily and gives my skin a nice finish; wouldn't say it's 100% coverage because I can still see some scarring on my skin but that's what makes foundation look natural.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation:

I've been using Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation for over a year and I absolutely love it! This foundation is lightweight and gives skin a healthy, flawless glow. I apply it on in the morning and it lasts well throughout the day! This product not only hydrates your skin, but also contains SPF 20 sunscreen to protect you from the sun's harmful rays. It's a little pricey, but one tube lasts for several months. I would definitely recommend this product for anyone who has oily and sensitive skin!

Holy grail product

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation:

This foundation is amazing. I've always been reluctant to try/use creme foundations but I had heard so many rave reviews of this product, I (thankfully) gave in. I have combination skin so whenever I had used used creme foundation in the past, it felt very heavy and when my face became oily, the foundation on my face tended to look very streaky and noticeable. This product, however, felt surprisingly light and as if I had nothing on my face.  I use a sponge to apply it and it just makes my skin look flawless. After applying this creme foundation I do set it with my Makeup Forever mineral powder to make sure that my foundation does last a good 5-6 hours. Also, I do like the fact that it comes in a tube instead a pump, since I tend to feel like foundations with pumps are more messy and less travel-convienent. Overall, this is well worth the cost and it makes me want to try more Laura Mercier products.

OMG BEST FOUNDATION EVER!! TOTALLY WORTH THE MONEY!

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation:

I have recently purchased this Laura Mercia silk creme foundation and so far I think it's the best foundation in the Universe. This doesn't make me look caky one bit. I also love that if you squirt just a tiny bit of this it goes a LONG WAY. I love how the shades are actual skin tones because I have seen some foundations with a gray undertone. I like to apply this with my foundation brush because I find it easier with the consistency of this which is not too thick not too thin. The tube may look small but like I said a little goes a long way. WHen I apply this to my face it makes me look flawless and it gives me that doll like effect. I like how if you build it up it won't make you look caky and I notice some give this wrinkle effect which I hate but this Laura Mercia foundation doesn't. This may be pricey but I mean this is the best foundation ever. This does give me full coverage which I need because I have a lot of redness around my chin, nose, eyes, and a little bit on my cheeks. I do get zits/pimples and I can actually double this up as a concealer.

Great solution for all skin types

from Marietta, GA

Comments about Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation:

I was recently introduced to Laura Mercier. However, I was very reluctant to try this foundation because I have been using mineral make up to relieve my skin of any stress from clogged pores, etc. I wanted to be as light and kind to my skin as possible.  When I tried this foundation - I was so impressed at the difference. The coverage was amazing and flawless. It was not a heavy based make-up. This foundation is the epitome of foundations. The make up stays put, is long lasting, and has a beautiful, flawless finish. I was very impressed by the variety and abundance of shades offered to help get great matches for all skin tones. It is a little pricey, but the quality and outcome of their products are well worth the cost. I would advise to use the concealer to help cover up any blemishes that this foundation does not hide completely. I have also tried the hydrating mask, which works wonders!

not a good product for my skin

from Stockton, CA

Amazing coverage!

from Burke, VA

Comments about Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation:

I worked in department stores for many years, so I had an opportunity to try a variety of cosmetics.  Of all of the foundations that I tried, Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation was by far the best.  The texture is silky and it goes on really smooth.  Your skin looks luminous and healthy.  It offers great coverage for blemishes like freckles and sun spots and it stays on all day without soaking into the skin and disappearing.  Though it is on the expensive side, a little bit goes a really long way so it evens out in the end.  The tube makes application very easy and you can control how much comes out as opposed to bottles.  The one downside is that this product does not have sunscreen, so you have to apply your own.  Hopefully, Laura Mercier will make that correction in her foundations, though sunscreen is in the tinted moisturizers.  Though this product is pricy, it is worth the investment.

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation is the only makeup for me!

from Salem, MA

Comments about Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation:

I discovered Laura Mercier foundation when I was given a free sample.  I was hooked!  Coverage is flawless and it feels like you are wearing nothing at all!  I have some bumps under my skin that are virtually undetectable when I wear this foundation.    I recommend it to all my friends.  I've actually had people comment on how smooth my skin is!

WOW! Where has this been all my life?

from Custer, SD

Comments about Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation:

This is hands down, the very best foundation I have ever used!  Yes--It's pretty expensive.  But I don't wear foundation everyday, so when I do it's really bothersome if it feels like I'm wearing foundation.  This has a nice, light and natural feel--and you really don't need much of it at all.  I've tried so many "sheer" formula foundations (including mineral makeup) that claim to allow your skin to show through, and this is the only one that's come close to actually doing so, while also doing a very respectable job of hiding small discolorations, enlarged pores, fine lines, and other imperfections.  It also seems to be very long wearing...with or without applying a good primer first.  Be aware that it does not contain sunscreen, so for daytime you'd want to make sure you got your all-important SPF from some other product.  The packaging is good--the tube it comes in dispenses neatly and keeps the product from being exposed to bacteria, air & light.