Other Space Heaters:

Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

I love my new Lasko heater

I love my new Lasko heater. During the winter in washington it can get to below freezing outside and I live in a basement apartment. That means most of the winter I am freezing all night every night. With my Lasko heater I am able to keep it on all night to fend off the cold. I am not worried about it starting a fire because there is a button on the bottom that automaticaly shuts it off if it falls over during the night. I also leave it on all day sometimes so that when I get home from work it is warm and toasty in my room. My electric bill has not seen a very large increase during the winter even though I use the heater almost constantly. It works so well that sometimes during the night I wake up from being to warm. Imagine that waking up in the night during below freezing weather because I am to warm. Thankfully the Lasko heater comes with a remote control so I can turn the heater on the low setting from my bed. I also have the option of using it as a fan during very hot summer day and nights. I am extremely satisfied with my Lasko heater and would recommend it to any one looking to buy a space heater.

Was Not Made To Last

My house did not come with central air and heat. We only had a wood burning stove and when you have a 3 story house the wood burning stove just is not enough. So I went out and bought one of these because one of my other heaters had broken. I paid way to much for this for how poor quality is was. This product worked great for the first month I had it. Just about anything you buy works great for the first month. I expected this heater to last a long time like the one I had before it which lasted about five years. After the first month of having it I noticed it had gotten a weird smell to it after that I started to notice it warping. In the end of it all I found out it was made so crappy it was melting. This heater does not even put out that much heat. I absolutely hated it and have went back to the cheap heaters that I have bought in the past.

It worked great for a month after that they are crap.

I hated it.

This product started to melt.

i liked the design but I would have loved it if it was made better

Safety
This product was melting so no it isnt safe.

Good purchase.

from Yuma, AZ

Pros

• Heats the Whole Room
  • Powerful
  • Quiet
  • Safe

Cons

• Bedroom

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater:

Got this to heat my daughter's room as it, for some reason, gets really cold in the winter. It's easy to use, and works quickly to heat up the room. No issues.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Was Not Made To Last

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater:

It worked great for a month after that they are crap.

I hated it.

This product started to melt.

i liked the design but I would have loved it if it was made better

Safety
    This product was melting so no it isnt safe.

• Safety:

Heats room up well, but can be drying.

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater:

I purchased this heater in the winter months since our full house heater is broken. After using it for a few nights, I discovered that I didn't like it very much. The pros to this tower heater is that it heats up the room very quickly and my pets seem to enjoy sitting in front of it! Some bad things that I found with this heater is that it it kind of noisy. Me and my husband couldn't get used to the fan noises of this heater, so we have to turn it off after the room is warm since we can't fall asleep with it on. Also, this heater seems to dry up my skin more than the gas heaters. I think it is because the hot air is directly coming out of the unit, instead of just radiating heat. If you do purchase this unit, I would recommend also buying an humidifier since you might notice that the air is very dry and harsh to breathe. Sadly, I don't think I will be keeping this machine since I noticed that all tower heaters seem to cause this problem for me.

Highly recommended.

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater:

This heater has always delivered and kept my family nice and toasty. One of the qualities I love the most about it is that it does not get too hot. I have a little one who likes to put his little hands everywhere, and when he touches this heater I do not have to worry about him burning his fingers.

It has worked for me and I have had this heater for years.

It is all very simple to use, nothing too over the top.

Like I said this thing has lasted for several years.

I think it has a nice look to it. It is tall and slender, which has a new feel to it.

Safety
    One of the best qualities is the fact that it does not over heat. It is definitely safe for kids. And when it reaches your preferred temperature, it turns off.

• Safety:

Works pretty well until you have to use it all the time...

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater:

This space heater is efficient and long lasting. I live in the rocky mountains and it snows here for 6 months of the year. My house gets pretty cold even during the day. I run my Lasko most of every day and every night. At times I will have to get up in the middle of the night because my room is too hot. Our "room" is really just a loft room so it's not a closed area. After running this heater so often and for such long periods of time, it has started to have a strange rotating sound. It's not all that bad during the day but at night it can be bothersome. I'm such a light sleeper that I will turn it off rather than stay up all night. I would say it would take about 30 minutes to warm my room from 50 degrees to 75 degrees. I love that the heater oscillates and you can program to keep the temperature where you like it. Overall I think this is the best space heater I have ever owned. It just might be time for me to buy another one.

If it wasn't making noises now, I would rate it a 10

Programming is a little complicated if you don't have the manual

good low budget heater

from Pearland, TX

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater:

This is a good low budget heater that is good for individual rooms. The Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater 5568 is great because it oscillates and I love how the whole room gets heated quickly. This heater is compact and I like how it is long and you can put it in the corner of the room and it would not take that much space. The best feature that I like about this heater is that they have a remote control and a timer that will automatically shuts off at night time. I do not have to get up in the middle of the night to turn it off. The Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater 5568 is inexpensive and it works great when you just want your room to feel warm and cozy on a cold day. I would definitely buy another one for my parent's room. I also love how quiet the heater is and it does not make that much noise at night time. I would recommend buying this heather if anyone is interesting in buying a heater for their home.

Great space heater!

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater:

This is what a space heater should be like! It oscillates, there's a remote, there's a countdown to shut off, and it keeps you warm! I used this sucker all winter and loved going to bed at night with it! My room is probably 8 feet by 8 feet so keep that in mind as a reference point!

It keeps my room super warm after about five minutes on low setting. The remote is great too, no problems getting a signal in my room. I like the auto shutdown/countdown timer. I definitely don't want to leave on all night or I'd BAKE. It can get pretty hot pretty fast. After an hour it would be warm enough to warke me up.

A lot of people don't like the beeping noise it makes every time you press a button. Basically whenever you press a button on the heater or remote it'll make a noticable *BEEP*. Power on button, *BEEP*. Oscillate, *BEEP*. I like it because it lets me know I've pressed the button and it recognized that I did.

Not much cons other than the fact that the cord is pretty short. My plug outlet is a little farther away than where I want the space heater so it's a drag to bring in a little extension cord. Other than that, it's exactly what you want in a space heater!

Very nice budget space heater

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater:

My wife and I tried this heater for a little while when we lived in an apartment without central heat. It was the best space heater we tried. I don't own this anymore (now live with central heat), but I would consider purchasing another in the future to help cut down on the heating bill. If you are going to be primarily in one room, this is a great option to heat a smaller, closed space very efficiently. It is really nice in that it has a built-in thermostat so you can set it to regulate at a certain temperature (also nice to know what the temperature is in a specific area). And if you live in an older apartment without central heat (like I did) this thing will be a life saver! And is very affordable for people in that kind of situation, I might add.

This thing gets you warm!

from Austin, TX

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater:

I neededed a good heater to put in my office at work during the cold winter months. I share a office with two other co workers and we have a office with a huge window view. For some reason a huge draft always comes through our office and durign the winter months it can be quiet uncomfortable to work in. My Co worker and I pitched in and bought this heater and it has been a blessing ever since we purchased it. THis thing is so hi tech and is very cool. THere are so many programable features on it to make sure that it does not get your room too hot or oo cold. One of the big draws for us was the fact that it was very quiet and did not disturb us during work.The heather even comes with it's own remote control

Great Heater, Reasonably Priced!

from Erie, PA

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater:

We purchased this heater for my newborn's (at the time) wing of the house, as it was winter and we kept the door closed because we have dogs, and it got cold when the door was closed and air could not circulate through...We are extremely happy with this heater. It's simple, and safer than one with a fan. It heats quickly and stays hot, I really don't have any complaints about it other than a slightly short cord- but it's not a problem for us since we have outlets everywhere. We also don't use the remote control at all, so we're not sure how well that works or doesn't work. The auto shut off is a great feature, as well- we use and appreciate that feature of this heater. This heater warms our large master bathroom and our son's room (which is off the master bathroom), and warms it very quickly and efficiently.