Other Space Heaters:

Lasko Portable Digital Space-Saving Ceramic Pedestal Heater

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Works great and runs quietly but temperature setting annoying.

The Lasko 5365 Ceramic Heater is great if you are looking for a quiet heater.  It warms a small room very quickly with a very soft fan noise.  We had tried many similar units but found that they were very loud.  This heater also looks great in the room and definitely puts out more heat than the little cube style heaters.

My main complaint with this heater is that the temperature must be reset every time the unit is turned on.  If it is not set, the unit will just continue to run at maximum output and heat the room until it feels like it is a sauna.  The manufacturer should have designed it to default to a comfortable temperature like 67 F instead of just running constantly.  We use this heater in the baby's nursery and have occasionally forgotten to reset the temperature when we turned it on.  The baby would wake up crying, soaked in sweat and the room would be over 85 F.  It is also very noisy to set the temperature, because each time you press the button it beeps loudly.  Not great when you've finally gotten a fussy baby to sleep.

Another small complaint is that the markings on the (much used) temperture setting buttons rubbed off very quickly.  This only adds to the annoyance of having to constantly reset the temperature.

Overall, I like the heater but I wouldn't buy it again because of having to reset the temperature all the time.

Lasko 5365 Compact Space Heater - noisy but nice

Despite short-comings like beeping loudly at every button push, lack of a fan-only option, and an inconsistent thermostat, I was overall pretty content with its operation. I used it moderately to keep my bedroom comfortable from January through May or so, then gave it an extended summer vacation. Brought it back on the scene around early October. It was working fine for a day or two, then just refused to turn on. When I plug it in the little red power light still comes on, but it doesn't beep anymore. No buttons on the unit or remote get any kind of response. It is basically in a vegetative state. I have to add - I thought the stand would be a good idea since my bed is pretty high. I wasn't thinking about the fact that the heat is going to rise anyway, and having the heat start about a foot off the ground makes it more difficult than it should be to warm your feet if you're sitting or standing. I just ordered a different tower heater that does not have a stand and does have a fan-only option for when you just want some circulation and/or white noise.

Great heater for the money.

Comments about Lasko Portable Digital Space-Saving Ceramic Pedestal Heater:

I bought one of these heater a couple years ago and just loved it but the control panel stopped working after one and a half years so I brought it back to the store and exchanged it for the same model. What I really like about this heater is that its on a pedestal & it oscillates. So it blows warm air where you are sitting not on the floor. It has a temperature control setting so if you like the room temperature at 72 degrees with will run until it hits that temperature and then shut off and when it drops below that temperature it will start up again. Another great feature is the remote control. It is pretty quiet for a heater and is cool to the touch. I have had several space heaters before and this by far does the best job.

Works great and maintains your desired temperature.

Very easy to use. Can control it on the hearer itself and also has a remote control that has all the features as well.

Seems to be durable. I did know it over a few times and I have had no problem.

Great design. Works great at distributing the heat evenly.

Safety
Does have overheat protection.

This Product is Literally my Best Friend

Comments about Lasko Portable Digital Space-Saving Ceramic Pedestal Heater:

Great coverage, I always notice the difference when it's on and not on, even though we have heat in our home. Poor insulation within our house especially in my bedroom, Lasko gets me through the cold Michigan winters when my blanket does not suffice. I would personally rather have a heater than bundle up in so many clothes and blankets.

I appreciate the features including the rotation and energy saving mode, because I don't like to blast the heat up all night. I also enjoy the timer with 1-8 hour options.

Remote is easy to use, enjoy the settings. I am someone that likes to dive right in when I use something so I figured almost every setting out on my own without the directions.

My Lasko has been kicked down by a sibling multiple times unfortunately, and now the stand is somewhat crooked but it still holds up well, I can not manage to pop the stand back into place without having to take the whole thing apart so I appreciate it being able to work effectively despite the trauma it's been through.

Perfect height for me at my bedside! and chord length is decent too!

Safety
Has no problem with standing up and has not burned up the blanket or bedsheets being on all night (yet) so I would definitely say it's safe for forgetful people who don't set it off after 8 hours.

Heats Up Fast, Stylish

Comments about Lasko Portable Digital Space-Saving Ceramic Pedestal Heater:

This heater can heat up a small room or space very fast. I like the pedestal design because other heaters that are right on the floor make me nervous, especially near carpet. Plus this gets the warm air moving closer to where you are and on your level. The digital thermometer is great, and works like it should. It shuts on and off, seemingly saving on energy. Some thermometers in these types of heaters seem to have a mind of their own, but this one works well. The dry air output will dry out your eyes and sinuses if you are in front of it too long, unlike the radiator-type heaters, but for fast and consistent heat, it is a good choice. Ours was kept in a back room that didn't get as much heat, and it helped keep the room from being too chilly. It lasted through one winter with decently heavy use, which is impressive to me, as these heaters tend to barely make it through one season before they give up the ghost.

• Safety:

A small treat for a very cold room.

Comments about Lasko Portable Digital Space-Saving Ceramic Pedestal Heater:

The Lasko heaters all work really well and this is no exception, as it does a great job at keeping my work room warm while taking up a very small footprint. It is quite impressive.

This is almost the little heater that could because it really does keep thing moderately warm, and it works particularly well for targeted areas like my feet.

The controls are very simple to use and prove no challenge at all.

It appears to be very well built and my pets can not even mess it up.

It looks a but futuristic with its long base, and dark silver color.

Safety
I never worry about safety around Lasko heaters as they have yet to fail me.

Great for kids' rooms.

from Du Quoin, IL

Comments about Lasko Portable Digital Space-Saving Ceramic Pedestal Heater:

I bought this on an after winter sale for my daughter's room. We live in an older home and turn down the heat at night. I wanted something that would keep her warm and also be safe. I like that this has a thermostat and maintains a constant temperature. I shuts on and off as needed to to keep constant. It is cool to the touch, can be stationary or rotate and is relatively quiet. It's design helps it to fit nicely into the corner of her room.

Like having a thermostat.

Just a few easy to use buttons.

Going on 4 years now. Really only used during the evening and night.

Fits nicely into a corner.

Cool to the touch.

Lasso Space Heater works well

from Austin, TX

Comments about Lasko Portable Digital Space-Saving Ceramic Pedestal Heater:

The Lasko Portable Digital Space-Saving Ceramic Pedestal Heater 5365 is so vey convenient in our small bedroom (although it is so portable that we have moved it upstairs and downstairs). The heat that it generates is easily speed controlled and reaches a wider path than we would have anticipated and that way we do not have to have it right next to the bed. The blowing of this space heater is a little noisy, so keeping it a bit further from the bed is a little better for us. I also feel safe with this space heater around adults, but more cautious around children as it's not extremely difficult to topple over.

perfect for small rooms!

from Culpeper, VA

Comments about Lasko Portable Digital Space-Saving Ceramic Pedestal Heater:

We purchased this heater to tide us over until our heat was fixed in our house. It did not let us down. We used it in our bedroom at night. The heater will fairly quickly heat a small room. I like the ability to set the heater at the temperature that you want and it will run until reaching the desired temperature. It will stop until the thermostat reaches below your set temperature. We would also use it in the main living area of our house. It is very portable; easy to move from room to room. The remote makes it easy to change the settings from your seat. It oscillates to heat a whole room and it does not take up much space. The heater is quiet. Sleek design and very user friendly!

Simple like its kin...

Comments about Lasko Portable Digital Space-Saving Ceramic Pedestal Heater:

The space saving ceramic heater from Lasko functions in a similar manner to its kin units as the settings are up top, and it does a good job heating rooms. While you wouldn't necessarily use this one to heat up a large room, it does a good job just about anywhere else.

This is a smaller heater, and as a result can really only heat up small areas or small rooms at a time. You don't want this version if you have a large space to cover, but it does a good job when sticking to its strengths.

The settings necessary to use this heater are on the very top of the heater, and are quite simple to use.

Like the other units that Lasko makes the portable, space saving heater is very durable and we never have any issues with it.

These have a nice, simple design about them, and would not be out of place in any home.

Safety
The Lasko units are also very safe because they seem to have all of the safety features that are necessary in a heater like the auto shut offs and so on.

• Safety:

best purchase that I have made

from Cliffwood, NJ

Comments about Lasko Portable Digital Space-Saving Ceramic Pedestal Heater:

This is a very good heater. I have been using the Lasko portable digital heater for about five years. I take it out every winter, and still have the original remote too. I also love that it has a timer settings. I have had the original batteries in the remote as well which I am surprised are still good and working. it helps to heat my bedroom at night so I don't have to use my central heat at night and run up my electric bill. It works great in a twelve by twelve bedroom with the door closed. it also can also heat the room very good with the door open i the twelve by twelve bedroom.

works great in a twelve by twelve room with the door closed.

great product

Comments about Lasko Portable Digital Space-Saving Ceramic Pedestal Heater:

During winter time when the use of heater spikes, paying for energy bill can be a pain especially if you have a high ceiling home like ours. We bought this compact heater for the living room to battle the cost of heating. It proves to be a wise investment, budget-wise and performance-wise. The price we got is ok, not too expensive on our tab. It can fit in any corner of the house and is easy to operate. I like that it has the rotation feature which keeps warm air circulate around the room, and the automatic shutoff for safety. One thing though, it does make some noise when generating high heat, not noticeable during noisy time but definitely annoying while we're trying to sleep. I wish it comes with a non-heat fan for use during summer.