Other Space Heaters:

Lasko Designer Series Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater

Pros

Cons

High End Design Heater.

I am really super impressed with this little heater. I bought it because it was small and would not take up my whole room when I wanted to use it, but was afraid it would not do the job. I was wrong. It definitely does a fantastic job of heating the whole room. The only thing I would mention is, that at first you might have a funny smell from it, but that is just the "newness" type smell you get with many new appliances. After using for awhile, that smell disappears.

For a small heater, this one puts out a lot of heat and since it oscillates it heats the whole room not just a small piece of the room.

This could not be easier to use. You just push the button and it's on. The buttons are self explanatory and easy to understand.

So far, this one has been almost my main heat in my house. It is a small machine, but it sure does a big job. I have used this all winter so far and it was a mainstay during the last big ice storm. The only drawback would have been if we lost power. But as long as there is electricity or a generator, you can count on this heater.

One of the first things I look at in a product is the design. I just hate looking at all those old clunky radiator looking heaters. This one has a very trendy and sleek look to it. I enjoy feeling like I am at a high end spa or a nice bed and breakfast. This unit will make you feel more luxurious.

Safety
The unit can get hot to the touch if you run it for awhile. I did notice that it doesn't have a safety turn off if tipped over, so it may not be the best choice if you have children or pets.

The Lasko Ceramic Heater is OK

The Lasko Ceramic Heater is pretty average. As far as the heat goes, it was not the hottest heater out there but it also was not the worse. It kept me fairly warm overall. Again, as far as price goes, it was not the most expensive, but again, it was not the cheapest. It was somewhere in the middle price wise and somewhere in the middle for quality. I liked that it had a handle to carry it, so it was easier to transform between rooms. I also thought it had a lot of visual appeal to it. I really think that it looks really cool, and you could leave it sitting out all the time, and it does not look tacky at all. This was especially nice when we would have guests come over, because we did not have to pull it away and hide it in a closet.

Overall, I think it was just OK.

Lasko Heater has many features for a small price.

from Canton, OH

Comments about Lasko Designer Series Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

I was looking for a space heater for my living room. The room is rather large and has quit a few windows so it can get chilly during frigid Ohio winters. When I saw the design of this heater I was interested right away. But of course I wasn't going to purchase the heater just because of the way it looked. I wanted to read about the functions. I was pleasantly surprised to see so many features on such an inexpensive heater. It has an oscillating fan that you can chose to have on or off. I has a setting to automatically turn off after 1,2, or 4 hours. And it also has a temperature setting that has a wide range of temperatures to choose from. It goes from 60 degrees to 90 degrees. For the price I don't see how you could find a heater that not only looks good but has so many functions. I need one of these for my bedroom this winter!

Using the settings is very easy.

This seems to be very durable.

I love the design of this heater. When I used other heaters I hated having them visible when guests would come over. I don't mind having this heater in view.

Safety
It doesn't automatically shut off if knocked over. But it stands very sturdy and that probably wouldn't be much of an issue.

• Safety:

This heater is as efficient as it is good looking.

from Hainesport, NJ

Comments about Lasko Designer Series Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

We purchased this heater when we had a Caribbean guest with us, and it really lived up to our expectations. It fits in with our decor, so we don't feel we have to hide it when not in use. The controls on the top make it easy to use, and it kept the bedroom quite warm.

• Safety:

such a cute design and works Great!

from Greenwood, MO

Comments about Lasko Designer Series Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

I was introduced to the Lasko Heater by a friend. She runs a small business and because of the location and age of the building it gets cold in her storage area. She put one of these heaters in the space and it keeps the air nice, no chill. I purchased one after I saw how it did for her. I love having it in my family room. It is a bigger space so i was worried that it might not help much. But I was wrong. Since it oscilates it does a nice job of moving the air around and I feel like we have been able to keep our living area much warmer.

Does a nice job keeping area warm

No problems and very easy

Have had no problems with it holding up and we have 2 kids

I like that it doesn't look like a heater.

Safety
we have had no safety issues with this heater.

Incredible

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Lasko Designer Series Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

This thing is incredible! My ex is a cabinetmaker an finished a room in his parents' basement so he didn't have his own room until he moved out. Anyway, he got this heater because the basement got very cold in the winter. The room is somewhere around 300 square feet and the heater could get it up to a good temperature within minutes of turning it on. It actually worked so well sometimes that we had to turn it off. Another good thing about it is that is is very quiet. The only problem I have is that I feel like the intense heat could be a safety issue. I definitely would not leave this on while not in the house. Really a great heater though

• Safety:

Extremely good heater, attractive appearance, quiet.

Comments about Lasko Designer Series Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

Overall, extremely satisfied with this. See the categories for specific comments.

Heats my bedroom very effectively, the only problem I've had is when it gets cold and I turn it too high and then go to bed, and it's too effective and I wake up sweating. Not really a complaint, since that's my fault, though, actually more of a praise of its effectiveness in heating.

Very simple to use, nice remote. Has enough options (temperatures, timers, oscillating function) without being overwhelming, so I know which of the 6 or so buttons to hit in the morning. Just hit the on button and it's on at full power, which is nice.

Also very lightweight for its power, which is excellent for moving between rooms.

No problems so far. Seems sturdy enough, despite its light weight.

Definitely the most elegant looking space heater I've ever seen. My dad has a different brand which works fine for him, but is generally ugly. This one wouldn't look out of place at all just sitting in your living room, it wouldn't detract from the look. Neutral colors, so it can fit in any decor.

Safety
No complaints so far (1 month). Seems stable, and no exposed heating surfaces. I can touch it when it's on without any issues, though I do have thick skin. Heat coming out si not hot enough to burn, feels nice, maybe if you held your hand on the grate you could eventually hurt yourself? Not a big concern.

Great space heater

Comments about Lasko Designer Series Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

I bought this space heater based almost completely for it's design. I liked that it didn't look like your typical space heater and like that it was placed on a stand. I wanted to have it for the computer that we use very rarely, but after using it a few times I ended up putting it in our living room where we frequent often. I couldn't believe how much heat this little heater puts out! We have found ourselves using this heater more than we use our electric fire place. With different modes, timers, and heat settings this little heater really is impressive. We use it at least a few times a week and have never had a problem with it using too much electricity. we were reluctant to leave it on so often thinking we would see a spike in our bill, but that has not been the case at all! Best part of it all is that although the machine emits a lot of heat, the unit itself stays at a very safe temperature! The machine also oscillates ensuring that all angles of the room are getting covered!

Brings the Heat

Comments about Lasko Designer Series Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

This heater not only brought the heat when needed but I have received alot of comments on it appearance. It is powerful and in most cases is the center of attention it works great so i was really impressed to see an antique look and the function all put in one.

• Safety:

It does the job while looking so nice

Comments about Lasko Designer Series Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

I went to the hardware store to look for a heater to heat a small room in my basement. I was looking for a small heater that had adjustable settings so that it would not get extremely hot in such a small room. I was excited to find this one because it looked as if it would not only meet our needs but be fairly decorative too (as far as heaters are concerned). This unit has served us well, with light use, for several years. It has several settings to adjust to a large or small room (which is a nice feature) plus it is a very small size so it takes up little space. The best part is any time we have new visitors they want to know what it is, none ever guesses it’s a heater!

We have had this for almost 3 years and it still runs well.

Deserves more than a five! Very nice.

Lovely little warmer

Comments about Lasko Designer Series Portable Oscillating Ceramic Heater:

I received this product as a gift, and it has truly been the gift that keeps on giving. My upstairs is continuously 5-10deg colder than downstairs, and we have not been able to warm it in an energy efficient way. This lasko is a lovely addition to a room, not ugly like every other space heater in existence. It is easily set to keep a room at a particular temperature, and can also just be set to run continuously. It is easily transportable from room to room, so you can keep it with you as you move around the house. It oscillates to create airflow, is very quiet, and has never been a problem with our pets. Remote included which can be used from the bed. Very good buy!

Heats room quickly and efficiently.

Remote is awesome, can use from the bed or across the room.

Metal stand and durable casing promise that this will last a long time.

Very cute design does not detract from decor.

Safety
Does not seem to overheat, however basic caution should be used around a hot appliance.

• Safety:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Attalla, AL

Love it.

Very easy to use. Just pick a hi or low setting. Very easy to toggle back and forth on it too.

I've had this heater for several years, and it just keeps on heating.

Has a very sleek design. Stays upright and doesn't tip overy. Looks very decorative too.

Safety
Haven't had a problem with this heater overheating or anything, and somedays it is on all day long.