Other Mascaras:

Lancome Hypnose Mascara

Pros

Cons

Lancome Hypnose Mascara gives a full bodied look

One criteria I always look for in a good mascara is how well it separates my already thick lashes. The worst a mascara can do is group my thick lashes into sections, giving it a thin, spidery-legs effect that NEVER looks good. Unfortunately, I have used many of those types of mascaras in the past, regardless of brand or price. Well, I think I have found one that doesn't do that. The Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara not only does an excellent job separating my lashes, it gave it volume and length without so much as clumping even after 2-3 coats! The mascara comes in a black, hourglass shape tube and the brush has a slight "s" shape to it. I suspect the shape of the brush has a lot to do with how well the product separates and thickens lashes. The mascara is slightly on the wet side and there's a lot of product deposited on the brush when you pull it out of the tube. And because of this wetness, the mascara takes a bit longer to dry. The black color is a very good black and slightly on the shiny side. In the morning, I find that one coat of this does the trick of giving me dramatic, long, thick and clump-free lashes. Of course if you want to step it up a notch and add additional coats, this product will deliver and won't clump and flake while you're applying it. An overall excellent buy and definitely a repeat buy! Yes the mascara isn't cheap but you do get what you pay for.

Smashing My Face In Fresh Tar Would Look Better Than This

As someone with their ear to the pulse of the makeup industry, I have spent many years studying and learning about new products that hit the market. One of the mascaras that I had seen my friends all raving about was Lancome Hypnose Custom Volume Mascara.

After hearing the raving for a while, I decided to test it out for myself. I had liked Lancome mascaras in the past until I found others that performed as well or better than my *Holy Grail* mascara from Lancome- Definicils.

The container is attractive being curvy and nice, so I thought it was worth a try. Unfortunately, for the high price point, I was more than disappointed.

Lancome used to be one of my very favorite companies for makeup and skincare. Since they changed many of their products, I have found myself very disappointed with much of it. Lancome Hypnose was one of those products. The mascara was clumpy and didn't go on my lashes smoothly at all. My lashes looked terrible. There were lots of lumps and my lashes were going in all different directions. If that was not bad enough, I ended up with my lashes staying somewhat sticky so that every time I blinked, my lashes stuck together. That is an awful feeling. The mascara smeared a little bit, and then to add insult to injury, my eyes began to burn somewhat- the first time I experienced that with Lancome mascaras.

Ease of Application
The brush in this mascara made it hard to apply mascara to my eyes. I found that the brush would get little specs of mascara on my skin around my eyes. Not only that, but the clumps it left on my lashes were awful and such a hassle to deal with that I took it back to the store.

Lasts all day and never smudges!

Comments about Lancome Hypnose Mascara:

This is my favorite night time mascara for two main reasons. One is that it is long-lasting so my eye makeup looks great all night long. Secondly, this mascara never ever smudges. Even if I rub my eyes by accident or sweat, the mascara stays on perfectly! It also makes your lashes very long and thick without clumping.

Volumizing

Comments about Lancome Hypnose Mascara:

I have been using Lancome mascara off and on for at least 20 years. Just recently tried Hypnose,and I love it. Would highly recommend for volume. Does not clump.I like the amount of color it leaves on lashes.Just completely satisfied with this product.

lancome Hypnose Mascara

Comments about Lancome Hypnose Mascara:

I am a fan of many Lancome products, and so I decided to give this a try. When I got this product I had high hopes for it, I was expecting to have some lenghty and lashes full of volume, but unfortunatley I didn't. When I first applied it on it somehow clumped all my lashes together. So I thought maybe it was just I first opened it I have to use it a few mre times, but I had the same result many times. I had to actually get my eyebrow comb to unclump my lashes but by them there was not much mascara left on my lashes and I end up with some short dark lashes.
Now some might argue that I'm not using it correctly, or I put on too much mascara, but I assure you that I have used many different mascaras and have not had that problem. So I am a bit disappointed at this product since I am a fan of many Lancome products and had high hopes for it. I am hoping I just happened to have got a bad one. But for now I wouldn't recommend this product, nor would I try it again.

Amazing Mascara

Comments about Lancome Hypnose Mascara:

This was the first mascara that I have tried by Lancome and it is simply amazing. I decided to upgrade from drugstore brand makeup to more high end cosmetics just to see if there was a substantial difference or not. I could tell that there was a difference. The brush application makes applying it very easy. The black pigment of the mascara made my lashes look darker and the brush gave it the full look that I wanted from a mascara. I have worn it for at most 12hrs and my lashes looked just as it did when I first applied it. Even the next day after having used make up remover, washing my face and taking a shower my lashes still look a bit darker than normal. I have also accidentally dropped the bottle once or twice and the packaging seems very durable as it has never cracked or spilled. Over all it is what I would look for in a great mascara and would recommend that everyone should try it if the are in the market for a new mascara.

lashes bigger than before

Comments about Lancome Hypnose Mascara:

The ladies at the counter were very helpful and not pushy at all when I told them I was looking around for a new mascara. The showed me some options and some other products. Untimately, I learned a whole host of new tips and tricks for different parts of my face. I never expected to have the full treatment when I walked up to the counter, just forced products.

The mascara itself makes my lashes look very full and thick and long. The only product that can come close that I have tried yet is the mary kay ultimate mascara. It is cheaper, but doesn't leave lashes as thick looking as the lancome. It doesnt look cheap in any way or thick and clumpy. I feel like I am wearing expensive fake lashes, which makes me feel cute!

It has lasting power for an entire day as well. It comes off with makeup remover, not face wash alone. Be sure to use make up remover, or you will end up with raccoon eyes in the morning, not nice to wake up next to!

• Ease of Application:

Amazing Mascara, love the way it makes my eyes pop.

Comments about Lancome Hypnose Mascara:

This mascara is stunning. Yes it costs a little more than regular store brands but it is worth the money! The richness of the black really makes your eyes stand out. I really like the brush. It evenly coats all your lashes and you can use multiple coats with out it clumping your lashes together. To make it even more dramatic you can curl your lashes prior to use.

It stays on with out flaking. It lasts for a all day wear. Love that it is a long wear mascara. It is easy to remove at the end of the day. It works for all styles of lashes. I have medium length, thin lashes. This mascara makes my lashes appear longer and fuller.

Ease of Application
Applying this mascara is super easy. It allows you to get to all of your lashes and evenly coat them. Applying multiple coats is also very easy with out having it clump. This mascara also fans out your lashes which really gives you a stunning, eye opening look.

Great mascara

from Edina, MN

Comments about Lancome Hypnose Mascara:

I have tried several of the Lancome mascaras and have been satisfied with each and every one. However, Hypnose is one of my favorites along with Hynose Drama. Hypnose adds the length and volume that you search for when you want a dramatic look. The intensity of the black also adds a lot of depth for the eyes. It is long lasting and at the end of the day it is as if you have just applied it. It does not bleed or smudge during the days and stays put. It also helps your lashes stay curled during the day as it does not weigh them down as some other mascaras tend to do. Lancome provides this mascara both in waterproof and regular. I personally, prefer the regular as it is simpler to remove at the end of the day. You can use a makeup remover or even just water and it will come off. I would definitely recommend any of the Lancome mascaras. They are a little pricey, but well worth it and you really do get your money's worth. Once you try Hynose you will definitely want to stick with it!

Worth every penny

Comments about Lancome Hypnose Mascara:

I have been using this mascara since it first came out and I'm sold. It goes on smooth not clumpy and makes my lashes darker and longer with no eye irritation. I admit to sometimes sleeping in my mascara and this stuff looks just as good the morning after. I also will swim with it and though it's not waterproof (they offer a version, I just haven't purchased it) it doesn't come off. It is, however, quite easy to remove with soap and water or makeup remover. I won't use any other mascara.

Lasts all day even with the occasional tear up or eye rubbing.

Well hola,Señorita Sexypants

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Lancome Hypnose Mascara:

I don't mind at all forking out the farthings for this little gem in a tube! It does not clump or smudge,ever. It gives me a look that's simultaneously naturally approachable & come hither. Plus,you don't have to apply coat after coat to get a great thick lashed look.This mascara is FIERCE.

Me last you long time!

Lots of Volume

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Lancome Hypnose Mascara:

I really love Lancome products because they are high quality and really work. This is probably the best mascara I have ever tried because it adds so much volume to give my lashes a great look. This is a little expensive, but I found it online and it was a great investment because it coats every lash to give me fuller lashes and lots of volume. I like the subtle black color and the full lashes enhance my eye look for day and night. The wand is easy to hold and coats every lash easily without making a mess or a lot of excess mascara. I use this mascara everyday and it makes my eyes and lashes look amazing.

This adds a huge amount of volume to my lashes to make them look fuller and healthier and really enhances my eye look. Works great to coat each lash with color easily.

Ease of Application
The wand has an angled shape to coat each lash and is easy to apply. The wand is easily held and the mascara goes on easy without clumping.