Other Mascaras:

Lancome Definicils Mascara

Pros

Cons

Helps Keep Curl in Lashes When Going ON

For years I had worn a different brand of mascara and then one day when making a purhase of Lancome's Photogenic foundation, I was given a samples of some of their other make-up to complete the look - eyeshadow, lipstick, and mascara. At first I was skeptical of trying the mascara, but finally one weekend it came out of the bag and I managed to convince myself to try it. What would trying the mascara hurt. I was worried about clumpy build up and what if it didn't dry very well. On went the mascara and I haven't switched back to the old since.

My fears are all pushed to the side. It doesn't leave a massive build up and I like the curve of the brush. I am able to curl my lashes and apply and not worry about my lashes not getting covered or too much coverage. I don't have the problems with big blobs and dries rather quickly.

The price is kind of steap for mascara, but I have learned that when I go in to purchase my other beauty products from the department stores, that usually Lancome has their free gift with purchase, all which come with mascara. So don't worry, because it works out perfectly.

Lancome Definicils isn't worth the price

I am one to only wear makeup rarely , so paying such a high price for mascara is not practical , especially since it is recommended that all eye makeup be thrown out every three months due to bacteria buildup . I did not see a big difference in my lashes from this Lancome product versus say Revlon or Maybelline. In this economy I can not in good faith tell people to buy something that does not do any thing fantastic for the difference in price . If you want something nice from Lancome , buy some of their perfume , I would say that is where they really shine , Tresor is incredible ! Cheap perfume smells just that way, cheap but mascara can be cheap and be toatally funcuntional , they try to tell you they have come up with some miracle to make your lashes more hydrated , look longer , look  younger , ladies , do you really notice that on any of your fellow party goers , office workers , socialites , I think not , you are all getting scammed.

Not as good as it used to be

from New Mexico

About Me Trendy Style

Pros

• Adds Volume
  • Applies Evenly
  • Defines & Separates
  • Doesn't Clump
  • Great Brush
  • Lengthens

Cons

• Dries Out Quickly

• Anytime
  • Daytime
  • Going Out

Comments about Lancome Definicils Mascara:

I've been using Lancome's Definicils mascara for over 30 years. I've noticed lately, within the past year, the tube dries out much quicker than it used to. I normally would get at least 3 to 4 months use out of a tube, now I'm lucky if it lasts a month. I love this mascara, it really makes my skimpy lashes look much thicker and longer without having to apply 3 or 4 coats as I do with other mascaras. However, it's way too expensive for me to have to buy a tube a month.

worth the price!

Comments about Lancome Definicils Mascara:

The Lancome Definicils Mascara is definitely on the pricey end, but it is worth the price! I absolutely love this mascara and I can say for certain that it's one of my favorites. I can just swipe the wand once on my lashes and it's already long and luscious! It doesn't irritate my eyes and does a good job of volumizing my eye lashes.

Traditional Classic Look

from Edina, MN

Comments about Lancome Definicils Mascara:

Lancome Definicils Mascara is a nice classic mascara from Lancome that gives you a very soft, natural look. It is the most basic mascara you can get from Lancome and also my least favorite as I like a little more drama to my look. However, it is still a nice mascara and one of their bestsellers. It has a dark almost gray look to it, not black, and this is one reason I favor it less than the others. I like my mascaras to be black. It is very easy to apply and does not irritate your eyes or eye area in the least. It is also very easy to remove with water and/or makeup remover. You don't need to do a lot of rubbing to get it off. Basically, if you want a natural, classic, soft, traditional look, this mascara is great for you. If you want something a little more dramatic go with Hypnose by Lancome. Lancome has great products and the sales people are very helpful to find what you need or like.

• Ease of Application:

works well but not worth the money

from Chino, CA

Comments about Lancome Definicils Mascara:

I came across the Lancome Definicils Mascara when I bought some Lancome products and got a free sample of this mascara. After trying it, I liked it so much I decided to go purchase a full size mascara tube. The best part about this mascara is that it has a think brush. This prevents the mascara from clumping easily on your eyelashes. I have long and thick eyelashes already, but I like to use mascara to define them even more. I've found that mascaras that come with a thick brush always clumps up on my eyelashes even with the first stroke. Therefore, I needed to find a mascara with a thinner brush like the Lancome Definicils. The brush separates my eyelashes well while applying a think layer of mascara with every stroke. It makes my lashes fuller and longer without any clumps. It lasts for a long time too. The only downfall is that Lancome mascara is sooo expensive! Therefore, I like to save this one for special occasions only.

It works very well on people that already have pretty long and full lashes.

Ease of Application
The think brush makes it very easy to apply and I don't have to worry about the mascara clumping.

A disappointing mascara experience

from Santa Fe, NM

Comments about Lancome Definicils Mascara:

Like many other reviewers, I am a major mascara junkie. I had read a lot of good things about Lancome Definicils Mascara, and I had not yet tried any Lancome mascaras, so I decided it was time to give it a try. I have fairly long, thick lashes to begin with, so that is basically the feature I really try to highlight. I look for mascaras with good separation, lenghthening, or some other great benefits. I did not find any of that with Definicils. The brush is fairly thin and basic, and the effect I got was just average lenghth and separation. It is not a horrible mascara, I did not have any problems with it regarding the effect on my lashes or my eyes. This mascara lasted well and did not smudge, but it just really didn't do anything for me. Many of the other drugstore or high end brands I have tried give me a much better outcome then Definicils. I would not repurchase this or recommend it because, although it is alright, that is really all it is. There was nothing about this mascara that really enhanched my eyelashes or made me want to use it again.

LUV LUV LUV!!!!!

from Dover, DE

Comments about Lancome Definicils Mascara:

I have tried every price range for mascara and this is SO great. It lengthens and doesn't clump. Easy to apply and remove - doesn't flake. I wear glasses and feel I need to wear something to show I have eyes (I'm a blonde) -- this really gets the job done. I would recommend this to anyone who has grown tired of the eternal search for the perfect mascara.

Worth the price!

from Costa Mesa, CA

Comments about Lancome Definicils Mascara:

This mascara is a bit pricey, but definitely worth it! If you have a great eyelash curler like the Shu Uemura, then this works even better! I have fairly long eyelashes, and this mascara definitely lengthens better than any I have tried. It does not really volumize or curl, but it doesn't really advertise doing that. I have never used mascara outside of the color black, but the black is definitely dark!
This is not my favorite mascara by far, but when I want my eyelashes to look extra long, I will sometimes reach for this. Because it makes the eyelashes so long, though, it is a bit messy. I wear eyeglasses and if I put them on while my mascara is still wet, it will definitely hit my eyeglasses (not that that's a bad thing!). Also, my lashes tend to hit my upper lid, if I blink while my lashes are still wet. Either way, this really is a great mascara, and does not budge in humid situations. Reach for the waterproof version if you are going swimming though!

Ease of Application
Like I said, be careful while applying so it is not so messy!

• Ease of Application:

Great but not quite as good as it used to be.

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Lancome Definicils Mascara:

This mascara will define lashes with just the right amount of length and volume without getting too clumpy. If you are one to put on several coats though it may not be quite as good at not clumping. I used to wear this before I was married and recently got it for Christmas. I don't know if it's because I live in a more humid climate or because I live in a city and have to walk along the street in the morning dew but it seems to end up getting on my brow bone area just a little but when you are wearing very pale eyeshadow and have fair skin like I do it shows. But overall if you check yourself in the mirror often it will be fine.

My favorite mascara!

from Dudley, GA

Comments about Lancome Definicils Mascara:

This is the best mascara I have ever used! I have tried many others which are less expensive, but I always come back to this one as my favorite. It is easy to apply and gives me longer lashes without clumps. It also doesn't irritate my eyes. The only con is that it is very expensive, so I do not buy it very often unless Lancome is having a bonus. I would highly recommend this product!

AMAZING!

Comments about Lancome Definicils Mascara:

This is the BEST mascara out there. It makes even teeny tiny lashes POP! It's a little on the expensive side, but it does last a long time and you need fewer applications because the brush and the formula work so well. I used this mascara for my wedding day makeup as well as just for everyday use. Love this product!