3.7
Lancome
Lancome Cils Booster XL Mascara Base

Lancome Cils Booster XL Mascara Base

3.7

Lancome Cils Boost XL is EYE CATCHING!

I absolutely LOVE Cils Boost XL lash primer by Lancome. This product is not only able to be used for enhancing the look of ANY mascara by applying it before you apply your mascara but you can also use Cils Boost XL at night ALONE as a conditioner for your lashes! I have tried many different combinations of mascaras with Cils Boost XL including Lancome L'extreme,Definicils,High Definicils,Hypnose,Courbe Virtuous BLACK KARAT & OSCILLATION(WHICH I LOVE!!). I have also used Estee Lauder Sumptuous volumizing mascara and LOVE the effects I get. To achieve the most dramatic look I apply multiple coats of mascara and primer. I start by curling my lashes and applying one HEAVY coat of Cils boost to seperate and prime my lashes. Cils Boost has microfibers in it that automatically give you a more dramatic and lengthened look when mascara is applied over it. I allow about 3 minutes for this coat to dry. I then apply my first coat of Mascara, I dont worry about applying to much because I know I will be applying another layer. I then apply another coat of Cils boost right over my wet mascara and allow another 2 or 3 minutes for this to dry. I then apply my last coat of mascara heavily to ensure all lashes are coated. A girlfriend of mine recommended this to me and I thought she was crazy and that It would take FOREVER! But I have been using this trick for at least 2 or 3 months, and have had clients compliment on my "FAKE" lashes! =) Once you get the hang of it, it just becomes another part of your morning routine!

Felt like pepper was sprayed in my eyes

First ill just say that I love lancome products having said that ...

First ill just say that I love lancome products having said that ...

I got this mascara base CLIS Booster from lancome .I just tried it and wow be very careful that none of it gets in your eyes .I applied it like mascara and it immediately started burning my eyes so bad I had to remove all my makeup and start over .I have nice long lashes but wanted to give this a try, I got mine as a product test .All I can say is I'm so glad I did not spend the 22.00 to buy a big one .I have never had any product burn like this one did .

once in a while Ill find a mascara that irritates my eyes just a bit but that usually goes away right away but this just felt like Mace was sprayed in my eyes.

I'm sure if my eyes were not tearing profusely the product would have added volume to my lashes but I could not leave it on long enough for it to dry . so be careful if you use this product.I don't consider my eyes to be overly sensitive so I'm not sure what the deal is with this stuff .

Will not use mascara without it!

from Costa Mesa, CA

Comments about Lancome Cils Booster XL Mascara Base:

I love LOVE mascara bases. It is a white base you put on your lashes before mascara to enhance and lengthen the lashes. As scary as it is to apply white mascara, you definitely cannot see it once you apply regular mascara.
I have tried different bases, and this is my favorite one. There is a visible difference when I apply this and then mascara, or just applying mascara. When I apply this beforehand, every tiny little lash is brought out, and applying black mascara over it looks amazing! Just make sure to apply your regular mascara while the base is still wet, otherwise the lashes become a bit brittle and it is just like applying regular mascara over old mascara.

Make sure to do one eye at a time, so you can apply regular mascara while this is still wet. It only takes a few seconds, and makes such an amazing difference! While it is a bit of an expensive product, it is worth every penny!

Ease of Application
Application is quick, easy, and not messy at all.

• Ease of Application:

Lancome CILS Booster XL is a good place to start your lashes.

from East Rutherford, NJ

Comments about Lancome Cils Booster XL Mascara Base:

Before applying any brand of mascara, the Lancome CILS Booster XL mascara base is a good way to start your lashes.  The mascara base is white which makes it easy to see exactly where you have applied it and how much of the base product you have applied.  It dries fairly quickly so you cannot dawdle when applying your mascara.  The Lancome mascara would be a fine next step but this booster mascara base works under probably any mascara - expensive or moderately priced mascaras too.

It goes on a little thick so it would be a good idea to wipe the brush along side the inside of the tube to get off any excess base.  This product is a bit pricey so don't be tempted to wipe off the excess on a tissue!

I have applied only one coat of mascara over this base and it allowed the mascara to stay on for a very long time.  More than one mascara application is okay to do as the base doesn't make your mascara go on thick or clumpy.

Lancome Cils Booster does what it says

from Mckinney, TX

Comments about Lancome Cils Booster XL Mascara Base:

This does what is says. When I wear it I usually get asked what Mascara I use. It adds volume and also makes your lashes look longer too. Only disadvantage is feeling like you are applying Mascara twice but is worth the effort.

Lancome Cils Booster XL Base is nearly the worst I've tried.

from Livonia, MI

Comments about Lancome Cils Booster XL Mascara Base:

Fortunately I received a sample of Lancome Cils Booster XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Base from my most recent trip to Sephora. There was little to no scent in the formulation, which is something that I highly appreciate. However, my overall opinion of this primer/base is not good at all.

After 2-3 applications I didn't really see much of a thickening to my lashes. Also, when I went to apply my high performance mascara, it almost seems like this Lancome Cils Booster just disappears. I also noticed that when I used of Lancome Cils Booster XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Base that it made my mascara flaked (which is normal does not).

Ease of Application
Lancome Cils Booster XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Base was easy enough to apply, however I noticed that Lancome Cils Booster XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Base was a thinner formula that didn't seem to "cling" to my lashes well at all.

• Ease of Application:

I love the volume this mascara adds

from Inglewood, CA

Comments about Lancome Cils Booster XL Mascara Base:

I used this product along with the MAC Zoom Mascara because this mascara lenghtens and adds alot of volume while the MAC mascara adds the dark black pigment I want. I love these two products together but I first tried out the lancome product in a department store because we all know these products are pricey. I am on a budget and if I am going to buy a product I usually want to know if it will work for me or not so I usually go to department stores to try them out and use the product until it is flat out done. I do not use makeup often so when I do I want to make sure I do look good. I only use one layer of lancome and one layer of mac zoom mascara because they both combined give incredible length and an intense color along with it. It is easy to apply and I find other brushes make my eye lashes look like windshield wippers off to the side not centered thats why I like these products they look way better than the lower end ones.

Lancome Cils Booster XL is the best mascara primer out there!

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Lancome Cils Booster XL Mascara Base:

I recently purchased Lancome Cils Booster XL Mascara Base after reading several reviews and I became an instant fan!  I was worried that the product would be clumpy and difficult to apply.  My experience with the Cils Booster has been completely the opposite.  It goes on very easily and does not clump at all.  After applying the base I put on my Lancome mascara as usual.  The mascara goes on over the primer without problem.  My lashes looked fuller AND longer.  It really is an amazing result.  In addition to the appearance of my lashes, I believe the Cils Booster has also improved the condition of my lashes.  They appear to be less dry and coarse.  With the onset of winter and the dry indoor heating, I felt my lashes had been becoming more brittle and dry.  The Cils Booster seems to protect them from 'the elements'.  I would recommend Lancome Cils Booster XL Mascara base to anyone that is looking for longer, lusher lashes!

amazing lancome mascara basE!

from Elmira, CA

Comments about Lancome Cils Booster XL Mascara Base:

it is really hard to find a really nice cheap mascara base. the ones i had tried all dry my lashes out or dont hold the curl really well. so i finally caved in a bought the lancome base for mascara that everyone has been raving about. i am really glad i tried this one out because it really works. this is one of those products you will repurchase again and agian despite the price because it it that amazing. i have to start by saying the way this lengthens my lashes is amazing. before i put on my mascara, it really makes a differnce and you can tell. i also love how it conditions each lash and makes them feel soft. it adds a lot of volume as well. it feels really nice on and i love how it holds the curl, some other primers only lenthen and dont hold the curl. this one does and is very easy to apply. it is not drying or clumpy. i would recommend this to anybody who wants a good mascara primer. i give this 5/5 stars!

Not Sure Cils Booster XL is Necessary or Worth the Effort

from Cheboygan, MI

Comments about Lancome Cils Booster XL Mascara Base:

I received a sample of Cils Booster from Lancome, and based on that product I purchased the Cils Booster XL. This is like a clear or white "pre-mascara" that you apply to lashes before applying the mascara of your choice. I guess the idea is to lay down a base that will lengthen and thicken lashes so you can build upon this base when you apply your mascara. I seem to have mixed results when I use this. Sometimes clumps get laid down,. but you don't really see the clumps until you apply your black mascara. I I seem to have the best results when I apply a quick layer of this Cils Booster XL and then apply mascara even before the Booster has fully dried. I'll apply Booster and then mascara to one eye, and then go back and apply the Booster and mascara to the other eye.

I won't purchase this product again. I'll keep searching for the perfect mascara that will make this product unnecessary.

This product suceeds in making your eyes POP for any occasion.

from Wise, VA

Comments about Lancome Cils Booster XL Mascara Base:

I have used the booster for years now, and think it is a wonderful product! For someone with short lashes, it gives me the boost my mascara needs...whether it is just getting ready for work, or singing on the stage - my eyes always look great!

It also helps to create stronger lashes, which I have notices as well.  Another cool perk?  If you cry - it works as a waterproof substance and you don't have mascara running down your face!

It is definitely worth the money, I will always pay a few extra bucks for something that does a great job for me!

Great product for older lashes!

from Springfield, MO

Comments about Lancome Cils Booster XL Mascara Base:

Lancome Cils is a great product.  I am 53 years old and have older lashes.  I love the way Cils conditions my lashes before I use my mascara.  I have used other brands of lash conditioner and I have not been satisfied with the results.  Cils is very easy to use, helps the mascara go on and stay on better than any other product I have tried.  Using Cils at night also helps condition my lashes.  I have seen my lashes get thicker because they do not fall out as often.  I can use any mascara and get great results, but using the Lancome mascara seem to be the best.  Using Cils and Lancome Definicils make my lashes look great, long, full and thick.  I would recommend this product to anyone who is having trouble with the health of their lashes, wanting their lashes to look their best and anyone who wants to take care of their lashes.  Cils is one product that I do not want to do without.  Keep it up Lancome!