Other Shampoos:

LUSH New Solid Shampoo Bar

Pros

Cons

Something New for hair.

I love **LUSH** haircare.  I've been using it for years and have become very fond of their shampoo bars.  I call them pucks because they look like small colorful hockey pucks.  They are small and hard like soap but are actually solid shampoo.  They are free from from preservatives as they contain no water to make the other ingredients go bad. They have zero packaging too which is nice as there are no bottles to take up room in the shower or to dispose of.  One of my my favorites is a shampoo puck called "**New**".

LUSH states that New *makes your scalp feel young again, with its reviving blend of infusions and spicy essential oils. It gets rid of dirt and grime and residue from styling products. Better still, it stimulates your hair follicles and balances your scalp with peppermint. We recommend it for people experiencing temporary hair loss from stress or hormone related causes. It makes your hair smell spicy and also makes it very shiny with rosemary and nettle infusions. Use it for a whole new look and feel. *

New is not only vegetarian, it's also completely vegan meaning that it contains no animal products whatsoever.  To use New I just swipe the whole bar across my wet hair and scalp about 6 times and lather.  It quickly works up into a mass of impressive lather and smells awesome as it contains oils of peppermint and cinnamon which also tingle on my scalp and makes it feel fresh, clean and invigorated.  New also contains rosemary and nettle.  The spices in this shampoo lightly scent my hair but does not linger for long.  The result of shampooing with New is soft, shiny, and fluffy hair.

Love the Cinnamon... But Lacking

I wanted to adore this shampoo bar. Part of me does: the scent is simply amazing. As a self-described cinnamon lover, this bar made my hair smell amazing. It was also gentle on my colored hair, and lasted forever: three whole months. The fact that these bars last so long is really what keeps me from feeling the sticker shock, because each bar ends up being about 2-3 dollars per month.

Other awesome benefits? I was able to take this through airport security multiple times when I traveled over the holidays, and never needed to take it out of my bag since it's a solid. For someone trying to rush through TSA, that was a blessing.

As much as I wanted New to be everything I wanted and more, it was severely lacking for me. I found that instead of invigorating my scalp, New made my scalp dry, to the point that I was flaking for the first time in my life. This was NOT okay- with being a redhead, flakes show like nobody's business. I also didn't find that New really made my hair feel particularly soft of shiny. For me, this bar was nice but meh.

Love the Cinnamon... But Lacking

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Cleans Thoroughly
  • Lathers Well

Cons

• Dries Hair Out

• Oily Hair
  • Thinner Hair

• Hair Type:
  • Straight Hair

Smells like the holidays.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about LUSH New Solid Shampoo Bar:

This shampoo gets my hair very clean. It is a little drying but nothing my hair cannot handle with the help of conditioner and a treatment. It removes sebum and gets hairspray out of the length. It makes my hair look very shiny, especially if I braid it. It has a really nice lather and I only have to rub it around in my hands a couple times. It is easy to scrub on my scalp and around my ears. It makes my scalp feel very nice and a little bit tingly, which is really relaxing. It almost tickles. It has actually worked for fallout and my hair does not shed as much when I brush it and there is not as much that clogs my drain. I will keep using this off and on in hopes that it will slow down the aging process!

This cleans very well and makes my hair shiny.

This smells so great and reminds me of the holidays, very candle-like. It reminds me of autumn, pies baking, and cinnamon chewing gum.

wow really amazing

from San Diego ca

Comments about LUSH New Solid Shampoo Bar:

Wow I had no idea how great the LUSH New Solid Shampoo Bar really is. I needed a shampoo to take with me while traveling this product definitely fit the job. How I like to use it is by saturating my hair, and scalp in warm water then I take the Shampoo Bar giving it a few swipes across my hair. I work the product into my hair which works up a great lather effortlessly then I rinse it away it warm water. The smell of it fills up my shower with a warm spicy scent it contains peppermint, cinnamon, nettle, and rosemary. It light scents my hair, but does not linger for to long. Since using this shampoo my hair is very fluffy with a lot of added bounce it also has a great shine to it. One Shampoo Bar has lasted me at least 3 months, and cost about the same as an average shampoo at the drugstore. Although the only downside is I have to use it up before the 6 month shelf life is up thats when it will go rancid. You will not be sorry with this product I highly recommend it.

Cinnamonny goodness, just ditch the stick

Comments about LUSH New Solid Shampoo Bar:

I've been using lush products, and especially their solid shampoo bars for about 13 years now and I've rarely been disappointed. 'New' is great. It has a fantastic cinnamon and clove smell which isn't too overpowering, though I'm not sure I'll want to smell like Christmas in the middle of July. It's meant to help promote hair growth, but I never noticed any difference. Then again I'm blessed with thick long hair to start with.

As with other lush solid shampoo bars, it lathers well with a few rubs in the hair. The only problem I had with doing it this way (which gets far better lather than rubbing between my hands to get lather, then transferring the suds to my hair) is that the bits of cinnamon stick get stuck in my hair. Ouch! So, best to either pick out the sticks (which still leaves a decent cinnamon smell in the rest of the bar) or lather it between your hands.

Leaves my hair clean, soft and smelling nicely of Christmas.

Worth every penny

from Jacksonville, AR

Comments about LUSH New Solid Shampoo Bar:

I had read reviews that the Juniper bar was the best shampoo for greasy hair so I figured it was worth a shot. Everything I had tried seemed to make my hair even greasier than before. I would get out of the shower looking like I hadn't washed my hair in days. My husband also had a problem with greasy hair. He was showering in the morning and at night just to wash his hair. When I tried the Juniper bar I noticed a difference immediately. My hair was actually clean when I got out of the shower. I've been using Lush shampoo bars (I also use the Cinnamon bar now) for a couple months and I only have to wash my hair every couple of days. AMAZING!
There isn't much of a smell to the bars. You can smell the shampoo when you use it (very light pleasant aromas), but it doesn't leave any lasting scent in your hair.
The bars seemed pricey and I thought they would be used up really quickly. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they last a few months if you don't over use them. I have hair that comes a couple inches past my shoulder with average thickness and I run the bar in a circle around my head once and that super lathers up. I put my bar into a soap tin to keep it from getting worn down from water dripping over it constantly. If there is a little soapy water in the dish the next day I just pore that over my head instead of using the bar.

Best shampoo I've used in a while!

Comments about LUSH New Solid Shampoo Bar:

I came across this shampoo bar when I went into my local LUSH store just to have a look around. The sales lady was showing me a product she thought I would like and tried rubbing it into my hair, but a large chunk of my hair came right out in her hands. Lately, I've been having a hair fall problem, possibly due to stress. Upon seeing this, she recommended the New shampoo bar, which is supposed to help hair fall. I was surprised to find that it actually did that!

The shampoo bar was amazing as a cleanser. I could just feel all the dirt and grime leaving my scalp when I showered with this bar. Aside from that, I actually felt my hair growing more and starting to feel stronger. During the time I used NEW, my hair was the healthiest it's been in a REALLY long time.

The bar might seem pretty expensive for a simple shampoo, but it lasts quite some time. The sales lady told me it would be good for 60 washes, but I know I got a lot more out of mine. When I finally ran out about 3 or 4 months after I purchased it, I decided it was time for a switch and bought a different shampoo. Since then, I have actually felt the quality of my hair change. It isn't as healthy-looking as it used to be when I used NEW, and it's starting to fall out again. I know that as soon as I'm done with my current shampoo, I'm going to go right back to NEW, my NEW favorite shampoo bar!

While at first the scent can seem rather overpowering, I quickly grew to love it. After a few days, I started looking forward to the scent and love the way it left my hair smelling fresh and ever-so-faintly spicy.

LOVE this scent.

Comments about LUSH New Solid Shampoo Bar:

This is my favorite solid shampoo from Lush. It smells like cinnamon and cloves and works really well with adding volume to my hair, especially my roots. It also gives my hair a nice shine. Don't skip the conditioner though if you use this shampoo bar or else your hair will feel dried out. My hair felt very clean and light after using Lush's New! Shampoo bar and I would definitely recommend it! It's a staple in my family for traveling and camping, as it is super easy to tag along and we never have to worry about making an icky gunky mess from tipped over or spilled shampoo bottles. Make sure if you purchase any of Lush's shampoo bars, you also purchase the shampoo tin. It will help your shampoo bar last that much longer. Also when you are rubbing the shampoo bar in between your hands, you only need to rub it a few times for a nice lather, so don't over do it or you will go through this bar a lot quicker.

Not for me :(

from Alexandria, VA

Comments about LUSH New Solid Shampoo Bar:

I love Lush, and I've been a lushie for a few years now, and their commitment to staying cruelty free, pretty much guarantees that I'll be a costumer for years to come. I've tried a wide variety of their products, and and thought It was about time I gave their haircare, specifically their shampoo bars a shot.

Well, I did, and I went with the Karma scent, because it's my favorite scent, and I've pretty much exhausted all the other Karma products Lush offers...and I've gotta say, that I'm pretty disappointed.

Now it did smell amazing, -like the majority of Lush Products do :) - and it left a great fragrance in the shower but my hair was just not a fan. Now to be fair, maybe I just didn't lather enough, but my hair got all kinds of dry, after using this a few times, so I probably won't be buying this again.

Again to be fair, I did stop using it pretty early on, so maybe if I'd used it in conjunction, with a moisturizing conditioner, I'd have had better results.

LUSH New! is a gentle kick in the butt (if hair had a butt)

from Chicago, IL

Comments about LUSH New Solid Shampoo Bar:

What more can I say about the items in LUSH's strong-smelling, eco-friendly and all around delicious line of products? I mean, more than what hasn't been said on Viewpoints already.

No, wait, I lied. There is a ton of compliments and positive feedback about LUSH's stuff that I could provide...but oh, where to start?

Well, then. The New! shampoo bar looks like as good of a place as any to begin.

First off, the bar smells like mint and cinnamon. Win for not being overly cloying. (Now I loves me some LUSH, but admit it - its lingering smell of ylang-ylang or taco or angel fluff can sometimes be intrusive.) While my hair wasn't magically transformed or anything, it was cleaner and softer and brighter than when I used the drugstore shampoo on it.

Second, it's a  decent value for your money. The bar has staying power -- granted, I have shortish hair that I only wash every other day -- and you'll probably want to purchase a tin for it, because the shampoo will be with you for a little  bit of a while.

Third, this is easy to take with on travels. Just break off a piece and you are set.

Lush Shampoo bars rock!

from Harvest, AL

Comments about LUSH New Solid Shampoo Bar:

Lush Shampoo Bars are honestly one of the best shampoos I've come across. At first, I was skeptical at the thought of rubbing a bar of shampoo on my head, because of course that can't work and my hair will be gross! Lush Shampoo bars have proved me wrong! I am in love! Being SLS free, which is so harsh on my poor curly hair is only one of the perks! I love the bar Seanik, but I can't really use it anymore because the salt in it ruins my hair color. But when I do use it, my hair always feels clean and easy to manage! Another favorite is New, a red shampoo bar that smells like cinnamon. That's another favorite, the smell is nice first thing in the morning! It wakes me up! Another great aspect of this shampoo is the ablity to fly on an airplane with it. It's a solid, and is a really portable product. I don't feel there are any cons to this product, it's mess free, SLS free and makes my hair super shiny and beautiful!