Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
LUSH Honey I Washed the Kids Soap

LUSH Honey I Washed the Kids Soap

Pros

Cons

Smells like toffee candy- great for kids!

OK- I am a LUSH addict- but it's because the products are unique.

Honey I washed the kids is a mild soap which smells fantastic- like toffee.
Read complete review

OK- I am a LUSH addict- but it's because the products are unique.

Honey I washed the kids is a mild soap which smells fantastic- like toffee.

You only have to use a little, make sure you keep the bar dry between uses so it doesn't melt- it's too pricey to let the kids melt it during a bath.

I don't know if guys would like the scent- but women and kids adore it.

Sorry, This Is Toffee, Not Honey

A year ago I was introduced to this wonderful company known as Lush. Due to a high volume of people recommending Lush, I had to dip into this world and find out what the...Read complete review

A year ago I was introduced to this wonderful company known as Lush. Due to a high volume of people recommending Lush, I had to dip into this world and find out what the heck it was.

A quick visit to the Lush website, and I am greeted by photos and descriptions of soap, hair products, lotion, massage bars, bubble bars, bath bombs... galore.

Glorious day, what shall I treat myself to?

Oh I know, how about some freakin soap man?!

I have heard nothing but good things about this one particular bar of soap. It's called Honey I Washed The Kids. I find the name to be annoying, but whatever.

**Appearance:**

The site shows this honey colored bar of soap, with a amber glycerin topping. The topping is done up to look like bees wax.

**What I Got:**

Many complaints I have heard from fellow Lushies, is that the soap they receive looks nothing like the one they saw on the Lush website.

Honey I Washed The Kids however, looked 100% like the soap I was seeing on the site.

Instead of taking the entire 3.5 ounce bar in the bath with me in one shot, I actually cut it up into sample sized pieces, and stored the rest in the fridge. You see, Lush some soaps have an expiration date, and some melt extremely fast. All  you really need is a small slice of the soap. So spare yourself the leftovers for another use!

**Scent:**

Oh glorious glorious day. The moment I opened the box, I could smell Honey I Washed The Kids. Now, honey was not necessarily what I was smelling though. Instead I was greeted with a warm buttery dab of toffee and caramel.

Although the honey scent itself lacked, it was still one hell of a delicious aroma.

**Melissa's Use *(hey, thats me!):***

Honey I Washed The Kids smelled glorious in the shower. The suds lacked, but it still gave me a very clean rinse, and left no residue behind.

I enjoyed the shower, I will admit that. However the scent was what I was after. I wanted this lovely warm scent to stay with me after-wards. Sadly after drying off the gorgeous toffee and caramel aroma was gone.

** Overall:**

Honey I Washed The Kids is a gorgeous scented bar of soap. It's creamy, and leaves you feeling clean. Unfortunately the scent is not lasting on the skin.

I still recommend it though, only because it's scent is a delicious one. I find leaving the bar of soap in a sock draw best for its use. It leaves my clothes smelling delish.

It also makes for a good mood setter. The warm buttery scent puts you in a happy and relaxed mood.

Great for kids!

from Richmond VA

Comments about LUSH Honey I Washed the Kids Soap:

I have to admit that I first bought this soap because the name made me laugh out loud in the store. My young son had been going through a "bathtime is evil and must be protested by prolonged screaming" phase, so I was trying anything and everything that might make life a little calmer for us. I thought that this soap, with its sweet scent, might do the trick. While it wasn't a complete solution, my son really loved the smell and it left his skin feeling so soft and clean! I was so happy that this worked out for us and helped make bathtime just a little bit easier in our house. It is definitely worth purchasing for kids since it is so soothing to them.

This soap worked wonderfully on my son, leaving his skin very soft, clean, and smelling fresh. I was very happy with how gentle and effective it was.

The scent of this soap is absolutely wonderful and it's so calming! We all loved it.

My whole family loves this soap!

Comments about LUSH Honey I Washed the Kids Soap:

I am a gigantic fan of LUSH products but I only started using their soaps recently. Clearly I have been missing out. We have now tried a few of their soaps in our house and "Honey I Washed the Kids" is the clear favorite with everyone. I would probably have a hard time passing it up even if it wasn't such great soap just because it smells so good. But it is great soap too. I have very sensitive skin, so does my step-daughter and my two year old. My husband on the other hand usually says that he doesn't feel clean when he uses "girl" soap. I guess he doesn't feel like a soap is working unless it smells like deodorant. This soap leaves him feeling clean but also makes his skin so soft! And those of us with sensitive skin feel smooth and silky and not at all irritated.

It leaves everyone, from the toddler to the husband, soft and smooth with no irritation or dryness.

This soap smells AMAZING! Even my husband thinks it smells good and will use it even though usually he will only use "man soap".

Nice Soap for Everyday use

Comments about LUSH Honey I Washed the Kids Soap:

Lush Honey I Washed the Kids soap is a staple in my household. My young adult son and daughter both use it as well as myself. It is a pleasant smelling soap that cleans well, moisturizes, and it is not irritating to our sensitive skin.

This soap contains aloe and is moisturizing. It does not dry your skin or leave it feeling tight. There is no film or residue left on your skin either. The soap comes with a thin top layer that is amber colored and looks like a honeycomb. It is not soap and has a totally different consistency like hardened but flexible amber. I have never figured out if I am supposed to use this or peel it off and throw it away. Maybe it can be used to exfoliate the skin, I am not sure. The soap also contains real honey and beeswax both of which are great for moisturizing the skin. The soap lathers up fairly well too.

The scent of Honey I Washed the Kids soap is the best thing about this soap. Lush says it smells like sweet caramel and is toffee scented, but to me it smells more like a lightly scented sweet, candy inspired soap. The scent is mild and not too sweet or overpowering, just a gentle smell. It is pleasant and neutral enough that my young adult son likes using it.

Mmmmm so good

Comments about LUSH Honey I Washed the Kids Soap:

Caramel and toffee and honey scents, oh my! Topped off with a slice of honeycomb to really make the whole bar look like it's straight out of the hive and this is one fantastic smelling soap. Like a lot of Lush soaps, though, it doesn't last too long. Maybe that's because my family wash their hands a /lot/ more often when I've got it in the house? Either way, it doesn't lather terribly well, but plenty enough to wash your hands. It's the fragrance though, that's what keeps me coming back for more.

Sure, there are cheaper soaps out there, but they don't have that luscious honey smell to them that makes me so very happy. They've changed the design a little lately though, removing the honeycomb bit and making it look more like a creme brulee, which is fine but it's not really the same soap that I know and love so rather wish they'd just taken honey I washed the kids off the market instead of messing round with it. If you can get it with the honeycomb on top then stock up!

ok soap

from San Diego ca

Comments about LUSH Honey I Washed the Kids Soap:

Since using the LUSH Honey I Washed the Kids Soap I think it is pretty average, and not worth the expensive price tag. I usually love honey scents or even sweeter scents in general. This bar of soap smells so decadent but when I use it in the shower it is very mild I could not even smell it that well on my skin I couldn't even smell it on my skin throughout the day. When I use this in the shower it lathers up so well on my wash cloth. When I get out the shower I noticed that my skin does not feel anymore hydrated than what I though this soap would do. I still have to apply moisturizer after using this soap. It's not a bad soap it is just average to me if the scent was to my liking, and lasted as well than I would love it even more. It does a great job at cleansing my body with the impressive natural ingredients that are in this soap. I didn't experience any irritation on my skin since using this soap. I also have to be careful where I store in my shower, because it melts really quickly in water. I like to store my soap in a container away from the shower head. My verdict is I won't be repurchasing this soap anytime soon.

My favorite scent from LUSH!

Comments about LUSH Honey I Washed the Kids Soap:

I feel like I could talk for hours on end about the LUSH 'Honey I Washed the Kids Soap.' Seriously… I love it that much.

I first heard about this soap several years ago on YouTube. It's a cult favorite, which immediately make me skeptical about how good it actually is. I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon without doing my research first. Long story short: I jumped. And gosh, I'm glad I did.

The 'Honey I Washed the Kids' soap smells like a fresh bouquet of honeysuckle picked straight from The Secret Garden. Seriously, it smells so real and honey-like, it's incredible. The best part about the scent is that it lingers on the skin for quite a long time. I never find that scent to be too noticeable by other, but I can definitely smell it on myself throughout the day.

I like this way this product cleans my skin, as well. I find that I get a great lather when I use this product. I even find that it lathers well on a washcloth, not just a loofa.

Smells wonderful!

Comments about LUSH Honey I Washed the Kids Soap:

One of my guilty pleasures is soap. I love soap. Especially soap that smells pretty and luxurious. I'm not the kind of girl who normally pampers herself, with the only exception being with soaps... With that being said...

This particular soap definitely fits that description! The smell is simply wonderful! In addition to the gorgeous scent, the soap itself is great. It lathers nicely and if you want a decadent bathing experience, Lush delivers here, as well with their other soaps.

My only issue with it, is that it left me feeling just a bit dryer than I like after my showers. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't find that the soap left me feeling nice and moisturized, and I did need some lotion after using.

But that scent!!! The scent made it worth it and I would definitely get this soap again. I love that scent! Sweet, but not overly so, with a bit of warmth to it, just how I like my soap to smell.

Smells Delicious!

Comments about LUSH Honey I Washed the Kids Soap:

As you can guess, this soap does smell like honey. I honestly don't know why this soap has low reviews because it is one of my favorites and every one I know loves it. I think it is important to remember that this soap, along with Lush products in general, are free of many of the chemicals that are in more traditional products found in mass retailers. A common misconception with soap is that the more bubbles there are, the better the soap. But bubbles don't really ensure any thing. It's just a marketing gimmick. No this product won't last as long as those found in the aisles of your grocery store, but they do work, and they are free of many of the fillers that they use to bulk up the product while also reducing the price so you think you're getting more, when in reality you're actually getting less of the things you actually need in your soap. Also, I don't wash my whole body with soap every day, unless I had an extremely tough workout, because you're body doesn't need that much soap.

Expensive But Worth It!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about LUSH Honey I Washed the Kids Soap:

Despite the rather expensive price tag this is my favorite of all the Lush soaps - and I've tried most of them. I absolutely LOVE the scent! It smells just like honey and vanilla and fills the entire bathroom with its lovely smell!

Lush soaps come in rather small wedges so you really have to ration this and make sure you treat it well if you want it to last. You absolutely HAVE to keep it dry after you use it, otherwise it will simply dissolve and you'll lose out. A soap dish isn't going to cut it. You need one of those wood or wire dishes made for kitchen sponges that allows the air to circulate all the way around the soap.

The wax honeycomb top on the soap doesn't really dissolve and has to be peeled off and discarded at some point, which is kind of a bummer because it makes the soap look so pretty. But, the underneath main part of the soap is so divine you don't mind the sacrifice.

If you love food scented soaps you'll love this. I cannot recommend it enough!

Wonderful heavenly smell and soap

from Fremont, CA

Comments about LUSH Honey I Washed the Kids Soap:

This is by far the best product I had got for soaps. If you got kids in your home, I bet they would love love this product. It smells so wonderful on your skin and bathroom after shower. It was not smooth though after use on your skin. So if you do not like to shower with this, use it as a hand soap in kitchen or bathroom. They do great!