Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
Bar Soaps
Dove
Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar

Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar

Pros

• Cleans effectively (11)
  • Gentle (10)
  • Easy to use (9)
  • Moisturizes (9)
  • Pleasant smell (6)

• Daily use (10)
  • Shower (9)
  • Baths (6)
  • Travel (5)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Budget shopper (6), Brand buyer (5)

Dove: Not fancy, no frills but does the job marvelously!

My older son fought what he thought was acne for months before the doctor told him he had a skin infection and all the acne products he was using were just irritating his skin. The doctor prescribed a low dose of antibiotics for three months and told my son to use ONLY Dove soap on his body. Because I wanted to be cautious, I bought **Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bars** for him and we all ended up using the bars for hand washing or showering. **My Use** My son has used only this soap on his body since the doctor told him to. His skin is clear and he is fine without the fancy manly body washes he used to use. He isn't thrilled with how "goopy" the soap gets when wet but it is a small price to pay for clear skin. I have used this soap many times to wash my hands and a few times to shower with. I remember Dove from way back when I was a teen and it seems nothing has changed. The beauty bars smell exactly like soap. I mean, they are what a "soapy" scent smells like but light and not at all overpowering. The product lathers fine and rinses with no residue. I find that these bars are more moisturizing than other bar soaps although I still need body butter or moisture cream after use. This can be used on the face but I wouldn't. My son and I both use Philosophy's Purity Made Simple facial cleanser. Dove does a fine, if simple, job of cleansing skin and leaving a bit of moisture behind. Sensitive skin types will appreciate the simplicity of this cleansing bar. I know my son's skin went from spotty to crystal clear while using this. Of course, he was also taking medication for the skin infection but, now that he is off it, he continues to use Dove. He covets his clear skin too much to mess with a good thing. I will use this beauty bar for hand washing and for showers now and then. It seems my whole family uses it for something these days and I am going through many bars, hence buying the economy sized eight packs. **Conclusion** Sometimes simple is better. In this case, **Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bars **are lightly fragranced, pure white, and simple. With one quarter of the bar being moisturizers, dry and sensitive skin will benefit from its hydrating qualities. This product is a fine one for those with special needs or anyone who wants a simple, effective body cleanser bar - sans the fancy stuff. 4 stars. I'd go with 5 but it does get a little messy when in water for a length of time.

Dove for Sensitive Skin helps eczema sufferer but soap shrinking

I have had disastrous consequences when trying various types of soap. I remember watching a commercial about Caress and thinking how wonderful they made it sound and how smooth and silky the model's skin looked. I used it and broke out and itched from head to toe. So much for silky and smooth skin.

Not that it takes much to break me out. I tend to break out with eczema at any given opportunity. If I sit in the grass while wearing shorts, wear clothes that have been washed with particular detergents, eat certain foods, or perhaps even look at my body cross-eyed, I break out in a red rash that resembles razor burn. It itches and looks awful.

My determatologist recommended **Dove soap**. When I saw they had **Dove soap** **for sensitive skin**, I was thrilled. This soap has a very mild scent and does not break me out in a rash. It does not tend to dry my skin because it has moisturizers built in. These moisturizers may not appeal to people who are looking for a very strong soap.

I purchase these bars of soap in multi-packs at Wal-Mart to save money. I rarely see coupons or sales for Dove soap, but I have stayed with this brand because it has helped me to be rash free more often.

Now, here's the bone I have to pick with the manufacturers of Dove soap. I thought they must have had a deal with a slightly better price until I inspected the multi-pack more closely when I got home. Nope--the packaging just shrunk. The bars are much smaller. The savvy saver in me is hurt enough to remove a star.

**My Viewpoint:**

**Dove for sensitive skin** may work great if you have sensitive skin. It is mild, moisturizing, and does not have a strong scent. However, you will now pay more for less product since the bars are now smaller.

I am a Dove User for many years

from East Alton, IL

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
  • Easy To Use
  • Gentle
  • Moisturizes

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar:

I love Dove. I have tried other brands, but nothing lathers and makes my skin feel better

a great deal

from Longwood Fl

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
    • Easy To Use
    • Gentle
    • Good Value
    • Pleasant Smell

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar:

This is amazing for dry skin. works very well. restores your skin really well.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Love it

from Craig,AK

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
      • Pleasant Smell

Cons

• Nothing fancy

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar:

Love this brand so much. Its cheap, does the job and smells good. Its not fancy but it leathers great and love the packaging

Acne Lifesaver!

from chicago il

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
      • Gentle
      • Moisturizes

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar:

Every since I hit puberty I started to break out in other areas besides my back such as my back, chest and shoulders. I was horrified. I felt so ugly and felt as if I could not wear cute clothes like other girls because I had these bumps and scars on my body. I tried everything from prescriptions, acne medications and soaps, and lotions. Nothing worked. Some even made it worse. Then out on a desperate need for soap I went to the store and my soap was out. That's when I came across dove sensitive bar. At first when I used it I was little upset because it did not have that fresh out the shower smell I was looking for. Then after some time went by I realized that my bumps on my body were going away! I couldn't have been happier. After all this time I found something to help with my body acne. Not only did it help relieve my acne but it left my skin feeling really soft. I have used this soap every since and it has not let me down. I would definitely recommend if you have a skin issue to try this product. The only con is it does not have a sweet smell like most soaps it is very neutral but i believe that is why it works so well.

Would definitely buy again

from Jersey City

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
        • Easy To Use
        • Gentle
        • Moisturizes
        • Pleasant Smell

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar:

It does it's job like no other. I recently felt my skin peeling due to severe tanning and was desperately looking for a sensitive soap as I was not looking at using the loofah for sometime. Dove Sensitive came to my rescue. It felt soothing on my peeling skin. At the same time its suds were strong enough to ensure the

Best Soap Ever

from Oakdale

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
          • Easy To Use
          • Gentle
          • Moisturizes

Cons

• Pricey / Poor Value

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar:

I must admit that I was a bit disappointed in finding out that my son has mild skin allergies as well as persistent dry skin. We were using lotions on him daily (what he calls the itchy cream). He was constantly bothered by the itchy skin that he would get. It was suggested that we get Dove sensitive skin soap by his doctor. After only a few days of use, his condition of his skin improved greatly. He only needs lotion on a minimal basis now, and I don't see him continuously scratching. I have used it for myself as well, and love the way it makes my skin feel, but due to the cost over other soaps and the frequency of coupons, I leave the best for my son.

The ony bath soap for my kids and myself.

from Bay Area, CA

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
          • Easy To Use
          • Gentle
          • Good Value
          • Moisturizes
          • Pleasant Smell

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar:

This is the only soap my kids and I can use without having allergic reactions. I love that we all feel clean and moisturized after and I don't have to worry about any skin irritation. I will continue to use Dove and would recommend it for someone with sensitive skin.

Gentle

from Flint, MI

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
            • Easy To Use
            • Gentle
            • Good Value
            • Moisturizes

Cons

• Messy

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar:

I have super sensitive skin, acne, eczema, you name it. Dove sensitive skin is the only soap that I have found that doesn't burn my open wounds, and that actually helps me heal! Very gentle and barely a smell to it.

Best soap out th

from Mich

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
            • Easy To Use
            • Gentle
            • Good Value
            • Moisturizes
            • Pleasant Smell

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar:

I love this soap it's the only soap that I can use its the best one out there my dr recommend it and it really works if you have sensitive skin I would recommend it to anyone .

Skin Safer

from North Carolina

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
              • Easy To Use
              • Gentle
              • Moisturizes
              • Pleasant Smell

Cons

• Pricey / Poor Value

• Babykids

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar:

I have had to deal with sensiteve skin my entire life. Dove sensitive skin beauty bar is only one of 2 types of soaps that I can use. It is so gentle that I can even use it on my baby and oldest child. There are no dyes or perfumes to irritate my allergies. The only thing I have to say that I don't like about this is the price. I can find another brand that does the same thing for about half the price. This beauty bar doesn't dry out my skin like regular soap does. This beauty bar is always a safe bet.