Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
Bar Soaps
Dove
Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar

Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar

Pros

• Cleans effectively (5)
  • Easy to use (5)
  • Gentle (5)
  • Moisturizes (5)
  • Good value (4)

• Daily use (5)
  • Shower (4)
  • Baths (3)
  • Travel (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Budget shopper (3)

Dove: Not fancy, no frills but does the job marvelously!

My older son fought what he thought was acne for months before the doctor told him he had a skin infection and all the acne products he was using were just irritating his skin. The doctor prescribed a low dose of antibiotics for three months and told my son to use ONLY Dove soap on his body. Because I wanted to be cautious, I bought **Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bars** for him and we all ended up using the bars for hand washing or showering. **My Use** My son has used only this soap on his body since the doctor told him to. His skin is clear and he is fine without the fancy manly body washes he used to use. He isn't thrilled with how "goopy" the soap gets when wet but it is a small price to pay for clear skin. I have used this soap many times to wash my hands and a few times to shower with. I remember Dove from way back when I was a teen and it seems nothing has changed. The beauty bars smell exactly like soap. I mean, they are what a "soapy" scent smells like but light and not at all overpowering. The product lathers fine and rinses with no residue. I find that these bars are more moisturizing than other bar soaps although I still need body butter or moisture cream after use. This can be used on the face but I wouldn't. My son and I both use Philosophy's Purity Made Simple facial cleanser. Dove does a fine, if simple, job of cleansing skin and leaving a bit of moisture behind. Sensitive skin types will appreciate the simplicity of this cleansing bar. I know my son's skin went from spotty to crystal clear while using this. Of course, he was also taking medication for the skin infection but, now that he is off it, he continues to use Dove. He covets his clear skin too much to mess with a good thing. I will use this beauty bar for hand washing and for showers now and then. It seems my whole family uses it for something these days and I am going through many bars, hence buying the economy sized eight packs. **Conclusion** Sometimes simple is better. In this case, **Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bars **are lightly fragranced, pure white, and simple. With one quarter of the bar being moisturizers, dry and sensitive skin will benefit from its hydrating qualities. This product is a fine one for those with special needs or anyone who wants a simple, effective body cleanser bar - sans the fancy stuff. 4 stars. I'd go with 5 but it does get a little messy when in water for a length of time.

Dove for Sensitive Skin helps eczema sufferer but soap shrinking

I have had disastrous consequences when trying various types of soap. I remember watching a commercial about Caress and thinking how wonderful they made it sound and how smooth and silky the model's skin looked. I used it and broke out and itched from head to toe. So much for silky and smooth skin.

Not that it takes much to break me out. I tend to break out with eczema at any given opportunity. If I sit in the grass while wearing shorts, wear clothes that have been washed with particular detergents, eat certain foods, or perhaps even look at my body cross-eyed, I break out in a red rash that resembles razor burn. It itches and looks awful.

My determatologist recommended **Dove soap**. When I saw they had **Dove soap** **for sensitive skin**, I was thrilled. This soap has a very mild scent and does not break me out in a rash. It does not tend to dry my skin because it has moisturizers built in. These moisturizers may not appeal to people who are looking for a very strong soap.

I purchase these bars of soap in multi-packs at Wal-Mart to save money. I rarely see coupons or sales for Dove soap, but I have stayed with this brand because it has helped me to be rash free more often.

Now, here's the bone I have to pick with the manufacturers of Dove soap. I thought they must have had a deal with a slightly better price until I inspected the multi-pack more closely when I got home. Nope--the packaging just shrunk. The bars are much smaller. The savvy saver in me is hurt enough to remove a star.

**My Viewpoint:**

**Dove for sensitive skin** may work great if you have sensitive skin. It is mild, moisturizing, and does not have a strong scent. However, you will now pay more for less product since the bars are now smaller.

The ony bath soap for my kids and myself.

from Bay Area, CA

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
  • Easy To Use
  • Gentle
  • Good Value
  • Moisturizes
  • Pleasant Smell

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar:

This is the only soap my kids and I can use without having allergic reactions. I love that we all feel clean and moisturized after and I don't have to worry about any skin irritation. I will continue to use Dove and would recommend it for someone with sensitive skin.

Gentle

from Flint, MI

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
    • Easy To Use
    • Gentle
    • Good Value
    • Moisturizes

Cons

• Messy

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar:

I have super sensitive skin, acne, eczema, you name it. Dove sensitive skin is the only soap that I have found that doesn't burn my open wounds, and that actually helps me heal! Very gentle and barely a smell to it.

Best soap out th

from Mich

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
    • Easy To Use
    • Gentle
    • Good Value
    • Moisturizes
    • Pleasant Smell

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar:

I love this soap it's the only soap that I can use its the best one out there my dr recommend it and it really works if you have sensitive skin I would recommend it to anyone .

Skin Safer

from North Carolina

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
      • Easy To Use
      • Gentle
      • Moisturizes
      • Pleasant Smell

Cons

• Pricey / Poor Value

• Babykids

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar:

I have had to deal with sensiteve skin my entire life. Dove sensitive skin beauty bar is only one of 2 types of soaps that I can use. It is so gentle that I can even use it on my baby and oldest child. There are no dyes or perfumes to irritate my allergies. The only thing I have to say that I don't like about this is the price. I can find another brand that does the same thing for about half the price. This beauty bar doesn't dry out my skin like regular soap does. This beauty bar is always a safe bet.

Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar ( The best!)

from Virginia, USA

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
      • Easy To Use
      • Gentle
      • Good Value
      • Moisturizes

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar:

This soap is amazing. I have been buying only this brand of soap for family use for years. My children both have sensitive skin, so this soap, being scent free, and free of dyes, etc has worked wonders for my children's skin. This soap makes you have soft skin and a refreshing feeling after each bath/shower. I highly recommend it; especially for people with sensitive skin.

Great soap for sensitive skin

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar:

My son was born with extremely sensitive skin. He would have extremely dry and cracked skin. I tried multiple types of sensitive skin infant/child soaps. I decided to try Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar to see if it would help his skin. After using the sensitive skin soap for only a week my son's skin immediately showed improvements. After a month of only using the sensitive skin bar his skin was healthy and one wouldn't even know that he had sensitive skin. I was hesitant at first because I was always told to use infant soap on babies, but this product is baby friendly. When my second child was born, I never even tried infant soap, I immediately used dove's sensitive skin. Now our entire family only uses dove sensitive skin bar.

Clears up dry sensitive skin.

Smell is clean but not over powering.

Save for Entire Family

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar:

This is the only soap that I can use on my entire family and not have to worry about anyone having a bad reaction to it. I even use this on my small children who have sensitive skin like I do. No one in my family has ever had an issue with this product. I don't even look at other soap options any more. I go straight for the largest box of Dove sensitive skin soap that I can find. I love the smooth soft texture of the bar when it first comes out of the box. Even my husband loves it and he is very picky.

This cleans the skin well without leaving a residue or drying the skin out. I can use this on everything from a baby's sensitive skin to my own face. It cleans without irritating the skin. I even use it to shave with and it doesn't leave my skin irritated or with any type of rash.

This soap doesn't have a scent which is a bonus for me. I have asthma and allergies and react to the scents of soaps. I do not have to worry about that when using this soap. I also don't have to worry about my children being exposed to dangerous chemicals that can irritate their lungs.

Gentle, but nothing special

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar:

I am a dedicated user of the Dove White Beauty Bar, but after getting an uncomfortable sunburn on my face and shoulders last summer I decided to pick up something a little more gentle for my skin until the burn healed. Because I trust the Dove brand, I chose the Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar and was neither disappointed or overly pleased.

This bar soap does leave my skin clean, but not quite as clean as some other soaps do. I did like how gentle the soap was on my sun burned skin, but it also felt dry afterward. The lack of fragrances and countless chemicals was reassuring and it did not irritate my skin like the White Beauty Bar did, but it did not feel moisturizing and my skin still felt slightly oily. This is not a soap I would use on a regular basis unless I had a skin condition that required it. I keep a bar around in case I need it for times when my skin is irritated, but it is not a regular in our shower.

The lack of fragrance is one of the factors that drew me to this bar.

Better Choice than some

from Greer, SC

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar:

We began using Dove bar soap for sensitive skin about three-and-a-half years ago when our first baby was born. While giving her a bath with scented baby wash to help relaxer her we discovered she had a rash. We took her to the pediatrician and there discovered she had a fragrance allergy. Our pediatrician recommended using Dove bar soap for sensitive skin. Although not a baby soap, this soap worked great for our daughter and her rash cleared up quickly and didn't come back as long as we were using fragrance free products. That being said, we were very careful not to get it anywhere near her face as it is not tear free. Since that time we have turned to more natural products to avoid chemicals and fillers that are in many of the non-natural body products. Although Dove bar soap for sensitive skin is one of the better options out there, it still has some ingredients that we do not approve of and so therefore we do not use it anymore.

Great product

Comments about Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar:

This is a great soap because it thoroughly cleanses my face and body without drying out my skin or leaving a residue behind on my skin. I have sensitive facial skin that can dry out easily and this soap cleans without making my skin feel tight or dry. It is good for my acne because it cleans but is gentle. The lather is just enough to clean evenly without bring to thick where I have to keep rinsing with water. I like this as a good daily facial soap to prevent breakouts while avoiding dryness. My skin feels smooth after a shower because the soap is very moisturizing. I have used this soap on my child's sensitive skin and it worked well although it can burn his eyes because it is not tear free.

A dependable and simple soap that delivers clean skin.

A classic clean scent that is timeless but does not overpower or linger long after the shower so as to not conflict with my perfume.