Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
Yardley of London
LORNAMEAD372367
Yardley of London English Lavender Botanical Soap

Yardley of London English Lavender Botanical Soap

Pros

• Pleasant smell (3)

• Baths (3)
  • Daily use (3)

I Have Re-Discovered This Gem

I went through a stage where I bought so much Yardley of London soap that I had boxes of it in every scent made! I had great deals on it and the scent was so lovely that I just had to stock up! My two favorites are the rose and the lavender scents.

As time went by, however, I had to eliminate any soaps and cleansers that had sodium lauryl sulfate in it and I did a clean sweep of most mainstream products. Somehow my Yardley of London Soaps got caught up in that sweep.

I have recently re-discovered Yardley of London Soaps again. They don' t have the harsh chemicals in them that other soaps tend to have, and they do leave a rich moisturized feeling on the skin. The lavender is still one of my favorite scents. It is light, but lovely and a bar does last quite long in the shower, although not as long as my family's favorite which is Sallyeander soap.

**INGREDIENTS**

*Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Water (Aqua), Fragrance (Parfum) (Parfum), Coconut Acid, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)*

Yardley of London Lavender soap is a very creamy rich smooth soap which leaves my skin feeling nice but not stripped. A bar of soap is not the longest lasting soap, but it does last longer than most commercial soaps do. My family tends to use Sallyenader Soaps most of the time, because the bar lasts a really long time and we never have any itching problems or dry skin when using them. I have introduced a bar of Yardley Soap now and then and they seem to like it with no complaining so far after several bars!

I just love the lavender scent of this soap. It is really nice and refreshing but not overly perfumed. The scent lasts long enough to make you feel nice, but not so long as to interfere with perfume or other skin products that have scent in them. Even the guys like using it.

Maybe I got a bad bar

I received Yardley of London English Lavender Botanical Soap in a gift basket. My first impression of the soap is that it smells nice. The lavender scent isn't overpowering, but it's easily recognizable from a couple of feet away. The first time I used this soap was just on my hands. I made a quick lather on my hands and I immediately started to feel dryness. My hands felt dry even though water was running on them. I figured that maybe the water I used was too warm so I decided to give this soap another try. The next time I used this soap was in the shower under lukewarm water. Once again I lathered up with this soap and rinsed it off. No residue was left behind, but before I got out of the shower my skin felt extremely dry. I have never felt dry and wet at the same time. I don't know if they changed their formula or I got a bad bar of soap, but I can't recommend the Yardley of London English Lavender Botanical Soap.

Been using for years!

from Jacksonville, FL

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
  • Easy To Use
  • Gentle
  • Good Value
  • Moisturizes
  • Pleasant Smell

• Showers
    • Travel

Comments about Yardley of London English Lavender Botanical Soap:

I love this soap. I use it all the time and my favorite way to use it is for traveling or for my guests when they come to visit and stay with us. I love the scents of this soap and it's very gentle and moisturizing!

April Violets Luxury Soaps

from TUNISI-SIDI-REGEUB

Pros

• Moisturizes
    • Pleasant Smell

Comments about Yardley of London English Lavender Botanical Soap:

Containing moisturising shea butter, these soaps are triple milled for a rich, creamy lather and delicately scented with our new Floral Classics April Violets fragrance.

A clean fresh, green and sensual floral fragrance with top notes of violet leaves and citrus fruits combined with a gorgeous heart of orris, mimosa, rose and white peach, enhanced with sandalwood, vanilla and powdery notes in the base.

Smells Wonderful

from Statesboro, GA

Pros

• Lathers Well
      • Smells great

Cons

• May Not Be Suitable For Sensitive Areas
      • Sold in One Bar

• Hand Soap

Comments about Yardley of London English Lavender Botanical Soap:

The first thing you notice about this soap is the smell. It smells great and you can smell it even outside of the box. I use it as a hand soap rather than a body soap because I have a sensitivity to fragrances and perfumes.The scent is quite strong and therefore the perfume dries out my skin. I do love the smell though. I think it's a great soap to keep by the sink if you want great smelling hands.

I love this soap!!

from Winter Garden,FL

Pros

• Smells wonderful.

Comments about Yardley of London English Lavender Botanical Soap:

I have used this brand for years.

I love the scent!

from Worcester, Ma.

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
          • Easy To Use
          • Gentle
          • Pleasant Smell

• Showers

Comments about Yardley of London English Lavender Botanical Soap:

I love Yardley of London English Lavender Botanical Soap! I'm very choosy about what I use on my face because some soaps make my skin tight and itchy. I use Yardley Lavender Soap on face and body. There's no tight, itchy feeling afterward. It lathers up well and cleans just as well. It's gentle, yet effective. I especially love the scent, which lasts longer than other soaps. After using Yardley Lavender Soap, someone will always say "Ooh, you smell so good!" This soap is a good price, too. It's a keeper in my book!

Such a lovely soap!

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Yardley of London English Lavender Botanical Soap:

Yardley of London English Lavender Botanical Soap is really a marvelous soap! I have always thought that Yardley had wonderful products. This soap cleanses the skin very well and makes me feel so clean and refreshed. It has such a beautiful lavender floral fragrance. It smells exactly like walking through a lavender field of beautiful flowers. I would purchase and use this soap again even thought I haven't used it quite a while. I like a lot of the Yardley bath and beauty products. It is a long time favorite for many people.

It is very effective and does a fine job of cleansing the skin and makes it so silky soft and smooth.

It has an amazing beautiful lavender fragrance which is very calming and relaxing especially if you use it in the shower or bath before bedtime. Lavender is known to be very soothing for aromatherapy and that is why Yardley uses it in many of their products.

It's a great lavender soap that isn't overpowering.

from Princeton, WV

Comments about Yardley of London English Lavender Botanical Soap:

I am a fan of almost all of Yardley's products because they leave my skin feeling great. This bar is one of my two favorites. The lavender scent isn't overpowering at all. It actually smells like natural, wild lavender and it doesn't irritate my sinuses. The scent is strong but light at the same time.

The bar of soap usually lasts me a couple of weeks. The soap gets an okay lather but I find that I like to use it directly on my skin instead of on a cloth. I get more out of the soap that way and I get a better, closer lather. I always feel so moisturized and hydrated after using this product. The bar is a normal size bar so it fits in my showers soap holder.

I love the botanical aspects of this because the lavender isn't too strong and the smell is just right. It lingers a little on the skin but only in a good way.

My skin always feels so nice and soft after using this soap. It leaves behind a nice, soft scent too. It's only weakness is the lack of exfoliating power.

For a product with lavender in it, it actually smells quite natural. I love lavender in its truest form and this product does a good job of capturing the scent of lavender flowers.

Maybe I got a bad bar

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Yardley of London English Lavender Botanical Soap:

This stuff is lavender heaven!

Comments about Yardley of London English Lavender Botanical Soap:

For me, the smell of lavender is simply divine. Nothing is more soothing and calming than the soft smell of lavender, and I use it in everything from my air fresheners to my household cleaners. So when I discovered this wonderful Lavender Botanical soap by Yardley, I was beyond excited to try it out. Now, other so called lavender scented soaps or body washes I had used before always were a disappointment for me. They were always way too heavily perfumed and I found the natural scent of lavender way to masked by all of the extra scents thrown in. I finally found the authentic lavender scented bath soap that I was looking for the first time I used this bar soap. It smelled so wonderful and the scent of lavender really lingered on my skin after the shower. Besides smelling very good, it also left my skin in great shape, it made it feel very moisturized and so extremely soft.

Luxury at a Good Price

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Yardley of London English Lavender Botanical Soap:

Yardley of London's soaps have been around for so long because they just plain work - and they smell great!

I personally am not a big fan of lavender but I do enjoy Yardley soaps and love to tuck these into gift baskets as a little something extra.

The English Lavender scent doesn't seem to be as potent as a French Lavender so it's more subtle, and combined with the botanical essential oils it is less floral in general, making it a solid option for either men or women.

These bars are also a very good value. They can be found in almost any chain drug store and are about the same price as most other bar soaps. They're luxury soaps at a regular price.

Yardley's soaps are super moisturizing and this is no different. It always leaves your skin feeling soft and hydrated without any residue or overdried stiffness. They're also great for sensitive skin as the formula and the botanicals in it are very calming to the skin.