Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
Caress
Caress Daily Silk Soap

Caress Daily Silk Soap

Caress Bathes My Skin in Silky, Soapy Bubbles

In general, I have committed myself to Olay soaps because of the great lather and soft-as-butter feel.  Still, I can't turn my back on my first love, Caress.  Let's just say that I love the way **Caress Daily Silk Soap** makes me feel.

In addition to the amazingly fresh fragrance of a bar of Caress soap, the fact that the bar is made with bath oil lets you know that you're in for a moisturizing experience.  Caress lathers up incredibly well and the bubbles just seem to last and last.  At first I was afraid that the soap wouldn't rinse off easily, but actually it did with no problem and no drying residue.  After my shower, my skin felt soft and moisturized--even before using my regular lotion.  I also noticed that my skin doesn't get dry even when using Caress during the cold winter months.  That's high praise for a simple bar of soap.

I do enjoy the boutique body soaps and more expensive shower gels, but you don't always have to spend a fortune to get a great bathing experience.  **Caress Daily Silk Soap** offers a great scent, luscious lather, and most importantly--soft skin.  All at an affordable price.  If they ever create a matching body lotion, I may give up my pricier brands altogether.

Not For Those With Sensitive Skin

It has been a few years since I have used Caress Daily Silk Soap and it was not a pleasant experience. I was in search of a bar soap that was less expensive but would not cause skin irritation and would cleanse my skin while leaving it soft and smooth.

I decided to give this bar soap a try. I noticed right away this bar soap scent was over powering with the scent of heavy perfume. I do not like bar soap that isn't mild in scent. When I used the bar soap my skin felt very itchy and dry. My skin didn't feel like it was as clean as it could be. My eczema flared up after using this soap and I also ended up with an infection which my doctor prescribed medicine for to clear up the problem.

I would not be using this product in the future because it did not work out for me. If you suffer from sensitive skin I wouldn't recommend this product. I myself personally ended up with a infection and flared up eczema.

I suffer from sensitive skin and this soap caused skin irritation and other problems.

I personally didn't care for the scent of this bar soap. The scent smelled very heavy of perfume and I prefer a mild scent to fragrance free bar soap.

15 Years

from Augusta, GA

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
  • Easy To Use
  • Gentle
  • Good Value
  • Moisturizes
  • Pleasant Smell

• Baths
    • Daily Use
    • Showers
    • Travel

Comments about Caress Daily Silk Soap:

Me and my family have been using this soap for over 15 years and have tried different soaps, but always returned to this. Love Caress Soap.

Favorite of mine

from Huntsville Al

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
    • Gentle
    • Good Value
    • Moisturizes
    • Pleasant Smell

• Daily Use
      • Showers

Comments about Caress Daily Silk Soap:

This is a favorite of mine. Lots of things irritate my skin. But this doesn't. You would think it would with all the fragrance in it but it doesn't.

I won't be buying Caress soap again

from Fort Worth Texas

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

Cons

• Missing a bar of 3 pack

Comments about Caress Daily Silk Soap:

I bought a 3 pack and I went to open it thought was my second bar and the box was empty and it's still sealed up never open. I won't be buying caress soap again now I see why my mom stop using it. I've been using Caress for over 30 years and for something like this to happen to me I'm disappointed with Caress.

The name Caress induces a feeling of softness on your skin.

Comments about Caress Daily Silk Soap:

It is the only soap we use in our house. It used to be difficult to buy in Canada so every time we would go to the US we would take an extra duffle bag to carry home as many bars as we could. We can not find a soap that smells as nice or doesn't leave a film.

This soap is extremely effective. It cleans your body with a nice lather and doesn't leave a film. It leaves behind a scent that stays with you most of the day. Although it is expensive, the bar lasts a long time. It cleans your body and face with a wash cloth complementing your shampoo and conditioner. Makes your shower a wonderful experience.

The scent is wonderful. It makes you smell clean and stays with you most of the day. It is not overpowering but enjoyable that other people find pleasing too. Having tried many other soaps over the years, they all have characteristics that are unpleasing. For example, Irish Spring will knock you over with its' smell.

Filmy

Comments about Caress Daily Silk Soap:

When showering with this Caress Daily Silk bar soap I would always have a film on my skin. My skin would also feel sticky and dry. I would bathe and get out to towel dry off and I would see a layer of soap rolling off my skin. Talk about gross. I even got a loofa and tried exfoliating and I would still have soap coming off my skin when drying off. My skin was so dry after using this soap. My skin looked like snake skin on my arms and legs. I also didn't care for the smell too much either. I could smell it on my skin and here in the south it's humid so your skin sweats. This didn't react well with the soap left on my skin. I felt like it smelled funky. Overall, my skin felt dirtier and drier after using Caress Daily Silk Soap. We have extremely hard water with lots of minerals. That may have contributed to this soap's performance. Overall, I do not recommend this Caress Daily Silk soap to anyone.

Slightly drying but not as servere as most

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Caress Daily Silk Soap:

I ran out of soap one day and the only thing that was available to me was Caress Daily Silk Soap. I've used this soap in the past on my hands and didn't have any problems with it so I decided to use it in the shower. I'm not too fond of the peach scent but it's better than smelling foul. This soap makes a great lather and glides smoothly over my skin. This soap doesn't dry up on my skin compared to some of the other soaps I've used in the past. I rinsed the the soap off very easily and it didn't leave behind any residue. The main problem I had with this soap is that it did cause my skin to get a bit dry. My skin didn't get completely dry and peel, but I definitely needed moisturizing lotion. I continued to use this lotion until I purchased my regular soap and by the end of this process I noticed that my skin had adjusted to the soap. My skin had begun to produce more oil to counteract the dryness. My pores started to clog and I eventually had a tiny breakout. I definitely wouldn't recommend the Caress Daily Silk Soap.

If you want soft skin, this is a great soap

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Caress Daily Silk Soap:

This soap has been a favorite in my house for many years. I have been buying this soap for as long as I can remember and my mother would always use it when I was growing up. I like to use this soap when I take a bath rather than using it in the shower. It is a moisturizing soap and can be a bit slippery. I would always drop it when I used it in the shower. I love relaxing in the bath tub and using this soap. It creates a ton of bubbles which is an added bonus and really makes your skin feel very soft. The scent is very nice and fragrant and makes you feel very relaxed. I like this soap because as moisturizing as it is, it does not leave a residue behind at all. It rinses off great and makes you feel very clean.

This is a great overall soap, it leaves your skin silky smooth and does not irritate the skin at all. I have nothing bad to say about this soap, it is worth the extra money.

The scent is awesome, and very calming. It is not too heavy, but leaves a nice scent behind for the whole day.

Used it in the past

Comments about Caress Daily Silk Soap:

I have the Caress Daily Silk Soap stocked up in my bathroom cupboard right now and will use it again until I have finished my other bar soap. It is my go to bar soap as it is a good quality soap that leaves my skin silky smooth as it’s supposed to do, with only a slight filmy residue left onto my skin which isn't a problem since I have tried far worse bar soap products. I have experienced soap that left an excessive greasy sensation all over my body and have tried bar soaps that does the opposite of what it is supposed to do by having it dry out my skin. The Caress Daily Silk Soap does its job adequately and doesn't have an over powering scent as it is quite light and feminine and lathers up really nicely allowing you to wash and clean the areas easily without it becoming bothersome of slipping out of your hand. I can rely on it to be sold in most stores and its price range is reasonable considering it is almost just as good as the top brands. So if you’re looking for an affordable soap bar and don’t desire to spend so much money on the expensive brands and don’t want to waste money on the cheap brands that make you feel dirtier after using them, I would recommend the Caress Daily Silk Soap.

Silky smooth

from Tallmadge, OH

Comments about Caress Daily Silk Soap:

This soap has been the best soap for me. I can't stand the feeling of some soaps that leave a residue and leave your skin feeling old and hard. And the scent is just right to feel feminine and not too much to overpower your perfume. (I don't want to smell like a soap!)

Definately cleans well.

The scent is not overpowering like some soaps.

Didn't love it, didn't hate it.

Comments about Caress Daily Silk Soap:

I tried Caress Daily Silk Soap when I had a coupon. Otherwise, it would have been more expensive than I would have tried. It worked pretty well, but not well enough for me to continue using it without the coupon. I prefer Dove.

Caress bar soaps aren't quite as good as they could be, in my opinion. It lathers pretty well, but it also leaves a bit of a residue and doesn't rinse quite as clean as I would like. As an everyday soap, it would be okay, but I think there are better (and less expensive) products out there. I prefer to use a bar soap instead of a body wash because it is much quicker in the shower. I use a body wash for shaving and maybe once or twice per week, but the rest of the time I use bar soap.

Another problem I had with this soap was that it washed away relatively quickly, and I felt like the bar was down to nothing before it should have been.

The scent of this soap is really nice. It's a bit floral and powdery.