Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:

Olay Ultra Moisture with Shea Butter Bar Soap

Pros

Cons

Everyday Luxury in a Soap

I love that Olay describes its signature bar soap as a "moisturizing bar" because that's exactly how creamy and luxurious it feels.  I also love that you don't have to spend a fortune for specialty soaps in order to treat yourself to a skin-loving clean.  **Olay Moisturizing Bar with Shea Butter** is affordable enough to use every day.  It only feels expensive. I think that what makes this feel so different from ordinary soap, is the creamy Olay lather that it produces.  The lather feels moisturizing as opposed to feeling like it's drying out your skin.  The soap rinses off easily and leaves my skin feeling amazingly soft.

In the past, I've tried all sorts of so-called beauty soaps; Camay, Caress, Dove, and Tone come to mind.  However, once I tried Olay I've never used anything else.

Olay Moisturizing Bar comes in three formulas.  For Normal skin, the pink and white package contains a balanced formula that is perfectly suited for perfectly normal skin.  Sensitive skin would benefit from the green and white package - its unscented formula is suitable for those who find scented bars to be irritating or troublesomefor their skin.  Finally, the gold and white package is where you'll find the bar containing shea butter formula - perfect for Dry skin.

Overall, I am happy to recommend this product wholeheartedly.  In my mind, this is the best quality bar of soap you can buy at the price.  Give it a try, and see if you don't agree.  :-)

Didn't live up to expectations.

I have tried Olay Ultra Moisture with Shea Butter Bar soap in the past, but I was definitely let down. I find this with a lot of Olay products. They just don't work as well as I hope they will (or think they will since they have such a good reputation). I often find them to be too dry or too heavy depending on the product.

I prefer bar soaps in general to body washes, and I was expecting this one to keep me from dry out and even doing a good job of moisturizing, but it made my skin pretty dry and tight. It felt like it rinsed away well but took all the natural oils with it, which is the opposite of what I had expected. If anything, I was afraid it would leave a residue but it didn't. But I did feel clean after I use it, and I guess that's the main purpose anyway. It's a bit pricey as well, unless you have a coupon.

The shea butter scent was nice, but I found it to be very strong, almost overwhelming. If you're a fan of shea butter in general, then that would probably be great. I like shea butter, but it isn't my favorite scent either.

What a surprise

from winter haven, fl

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Lathers Well
  • Moisturizing
  • Pleasant Smell

Cons

• Baths
    • Showers

Comments about Olay Ultra Moisture with Shea Butter Bar Soap:

A friend gave me a bar of this soap and said here try this you will like it. I was amazed how much I liked it. The scent was wonderful. Filled the whole shower. The lather was creamy. It left my skin feeling nice. I just gave a family member a bar and said here try this you'll like it.

Didn't live up to expectations.

Comments about Olay Ultra Moisture with Shea Butter Bar Soap:

A good product but not long lasting one

Comments about Olay Ultra Moisture with Shea Butter Bar Soap:

I purchased the Olay Ultra Moisture with Shea Butter bar soap last year from a nearby store. For me this was the first time I purchased a soap of the Olay brand and the price of this brand was reasonable. The bar soap did not last me long enough and within 10 days of using this soap, the bar began to melt and became too small even to hold it in the hand. The soap was quite slippery as well but besides this, I was completely satisfied with the effectiveness of this soap on my skin. I have a sensitive skin and this bar soap worked well in giving me the relief and in moisturizing my skin.

The fragrance of this soap was not appealing and it had a mild scent. This soap bar is good for the Winter season when the skin becomes dry and dull and needs the nourishment and moisturizing effect that this product offers. Overall, I was satisfied with this product but would not recommend it as it did not last long for me and I prefer using the Olay body wash rather than this soap bar.

The beest moisturizing soap for me

from Flint, TX

Comments about Olay Ultra Moisture with Shea Butter Bar Soap:

I have dry parched skin most of the time. I also have a very sensitive skin that feels parched and burns if I use any bar soap on it. I have searched for bath soap and tried so many to find a product that did not make my skin sting and burn after using it. Well, I tried Olay Ultra Moisture with Shea Butter Bar Soap and finally feel comfortable about using bar soap again. Not only do I feel moisturized after my shower, I also do not have the usualy stinging and burning that regular bar soap does to me. Olay has some great products to help with moisture and drying problems and this one fits the brand greatly. It is more costly that most bar soaps but in the long run, I feel it is very worth the cost as my skin feels so much better when I use it. I watch for Olay coupons which I find occasionally to help with the cost and I try to buy in bulk at the big box stores when I can to help. The older I get, the more moisture I seem to need so this will continue to be the product for me unless Olay comes out with something even better.

Quick and Lasting Relief of Dry Skin

Comments about Olay Ultra Moisture with Shea Butter Bar Soap:

I love soap or should I say moisture in a bar. I have terrible, terrible dry skin, and also very sensitive skin, specifically when it comes to soaps with perfumes or dyes in them. I itch terribly and it makes the dry skin much, much worst. I bought this because of all the other Olay products and the fact that it has Shea butter in it. At first I was hesitant because of the perfume-y smell it had to it and did not use right away. I used this product when I ran out of my regular and needed soap. Pleasant surprise...I love it. Not only did it do a fabulous job with my skin, I was not itching terribly and my skin was and has continued to be so, so soft and luscious feeling.

It leaves my skin feeling soft and very moisturized, without the filmy feeling left behind. It is also good for everyday use and does not give the skin a stripped feeling, or leave skin feeling irritated.

Light fragrance, not over powering to the nose.

Olay Bar Soap

Comments about Olay Ultra Moisture with Shea Butter Bar Soap:

First off I would like to state that I am more of a body wash girl. Just the idea of everyone using the same bar soap grosses me out. With bar soap, I always felt like it did not clean and rinse off my skin very easily. Even though I prefer body wash, sometimes I just had to use bar soap. I first tried Olay Ultra Moisture with Shea Butter bar soap when I still lived with my parents. My mother usually bought body wash and bar soap. My Dad prefers using bar soap and my Mother and I preferred using body wash. We had ran out of the body wash and all was left was the Olay bar soap. After I used the bar soap, I was quite surprised. I never got that unclean feeling I usually get from most bar soaps. The soap rinsed off easily and left my skin feeling super soft. The scent of the Olay with Shea butter smelled really good and the scent lasted almost all day. If you prefer the bar soap over the liquid body wash, Olay ultra moisture with Shea Butter would be a great choice of soap.

Soft & Refreshing

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Olay Ultra Moisture with Shea Butter Bar Soap:

Usually I do not care to use bar soaps as they leave my skin so dry and flaky. This one is different, however, and I really like to use it. This bar from Olay contains moisturizing ingredients that work to soften the skin and keep it nourished. It smells great, too.

it is the Shea Butter that works the magic on the skin. It smells great and the skin feels great after you use it. it is not like any other soap out there. There's not soapy residue once you step out of the shower, and I appreciate the fact that my skin feels so amazing after I have used it.

On top of all the great things about this soap you have the confidence of the Olay name backing it up, along with the very low price that makes it an affordable selection for any budget.

By far one of the best bar soaps on the market. It leaves the skin silky smooth and soft, and it is really great at locking in the moisture.

Made with Shea butter and smells great. Your skin is left soft and smelling amazing all day long!

These smell amazing and really do moisturized.

Profile Image

from West Virginia

Comments about Olay Ultra Moisture with Shea Butter Bar Soap:

I bought a giant package of these for a great price and put them in our bathroom shelves to be used. I was expecting them to go quickly because of the low price I got them for but the bars last quite a while. A single bar can often last us two or three weeks. I prefer to use the bar directly on my skin but it also works well using a wash cloth or a pouf.

I can feel the moisture in the bar. It leaves my skin feeling soft to the touch without leaving residue behind on me. It has a light smell to it that is very pleasant. It has a smell that is okay for men or women.

I didn't feel heavy or streaked after using this soap which is always a plus. Many soaps leave residue behind but not this one. I could tell the shea butter was going to work after I dried off. My arms and legs felt amazing.

I was very pleased with this soap. It's a nice clean scent and a clean looking bar. The soap is white, which I love in my soaps because I feel as if it doesn't have any dyes in it that could stain my skin or my bath cloths. The soap feels airy on the skin and gets a good lather. I notice it helps remove dirt particles effectively from my skin and it leaves my skin soft and moisturized. I don't have to work extra hard to get this product off my skin.

I love the scent of this soap. It smells great. It has a nice, airy smell to it and I can smell the shea butter in it. It reminds me of a lotion more than a soap because it deposits a good scent on the skin.

Great for Dry and Sensitive Skin

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Olay Ultra Moisture with Shea Butter Bar Soap:

I always have dry skin, and have been using several different types of soaps trying to find one that leaves the skin more moisturizing. After using this soap for the last week, I have noticed my skin is softer than it has been in a while. The shea butter in this formula works great as a moisturizer, and leaving your skin smelling and feeling great. I recommend this to anyone that's looking for a soap that doesn't leave their skin feeling dry and irritated. It's great for men or women, or those with sensitive skin! It didn't effect my acne either, so it would also be great for those with sensitive acne prone skin.

It's a very effective soap to clean with, without drying out your skin. This isn't like other bar soaps, that seem to leave a film on your skin. It just leaves you feeling soft and clean. This also is great for people with sensitive skin that tends to get really dry. It seems to be a very moisturizing soap, just like Olay's moisturizing lotion, it's a great product.

I love the smell of shea butter, to me it always makes a person smell clean. This soap is packed with that great shea butter smell, and has became one of my favorite brands.

Average

Comments about Olay Ultra Moisture with Shea Butter Bar Soap:

This was a pretty average soap bar. It cleansed skin without totally stripping it of its natural oils, but it didn't add any moisture to skin or condition it in any way. All in all, it was a pretty average bar soap that didn't particularly impress me.

What was one good this about this bar soap was it didn't strip skin of its natural oils or dry skin out. This bar soap also didn't hydrate or condition my skin at all, which disappointed me. Although this bar promised hydrating effects on skin, I didn't get them at all. This bar soap would probably be best for summer use, because in the winter, skin tends to get extremely dry and very dehydrated do to the weather. In the summer, my skin tends to be normal and doesn't require any special regiments or treatments, so this bar worked out to be ok.

This bar has a strong, powdery fragrance. It wasn't exactly unpleasant, but it wasn't special. It was a pretty standard scent for any bar soap.