Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
LUSH Ocean Salt Scrub

LUSH Ocean Salt Scrub

Pros

Cons

Best Body Scrub you can buy!

I have been a fan of Lush products for about four years now and I was delighted when one opened right near my home. I was hesitant to use this product at first as I have had so many issues with other body scrubs in the past but since this is made with all natural ingredients and lush stands behind their products I gave it a try and I have been hooked ever since. Unlike other body scrubs I have used it never feels abrasive on my skin even though it is a body scrub and will exfoliate I don't ever have scratches or skin that feels super sensitive for days. It also has a super fresh scent that lacks the smell of any chemicals that some scrubs do so I feel clean and fresh when I use it. I use it on my face without any problems as well which is great because I have super sensitive skin. Ever since I have been using it my face has looked younger and I haven't had a break out or even a pimple in months! My younger sister is 13 and also uses this product as she has sensitive skin that used to be oily but now her skin is free and clear of the acne that often plagues those going through puberty.

I have used many different salt scrubs over the years but this one is my ABSOLUTE favorite. It is the only body scrub that I have ever used that doesn't make my skin feel as if I have rubbed sandpaper all over it, it leaves my skin super soft and it almost glows. I didn't realize how much just every day soap will build up on your skin until I started using this body scrub. I can use it on my face as well even though I have sensitive skin. All of Lush's products are all natural so I don't worry about harmful chemicals and I know that it will help me exfoliate without causing damage to my face or my body.

This has a light and super fresh scent that leaves you feeling clean for the better part of the day. If you wear perfume however you will not have to worry about the scent over powering your scent of choice as it is so light. I don't wear perfume often but when I do I never have a problem with the scent of the Ocean salt scrub interfering with whatever body splash or perfume I use.

A great scrub, but...

This really is a great LUSH product. Ocean salt is a scrub that exfoliates without being too rough. The salt does feel a little harsh sometimes, but it has never left my skin irritated. I just take the roughness as a sign that it is working hard at buffing away dead skin. My skin feels very smooth after using this! I use it a couple times a week.

Ocean salt also smells great! I don't like the smell of most LUSH products - very planty, earthy, etc. But this smells fruity and yummy!

As for the problems...I am only about halfway through the jar now and it seems like the product I use is getting less and less "salty" every time. It's a lot smoother, so it doesn't feel like it is exfoliating as well. Some people recommend mixing this product up as soon as you get it. I was afraid to do that because I ordered it online and by the time it got to me, a lot of it was melted. I didn't know what mixing it would do...I didn't want to melt it more!

The other negative about this product is that it does not really seem to solve my skin issues. Sure, my skin feels soft after using it, but I think that could be said for any "rough" scrub. I had hopes that this would help clear up my pores and acne, but I have not noticed a significant difference in either since using this product. I still love how it makes my skin feel, but I don't think the hefty price tag is worth it.

Best Body Scrub you can buy!

from Boston, MA

Comments about LUSH Ocean Salt Scrub:

This is an amazing exfoliate.

from West Virginia

Comments about LUSH Ocean Salt Scrub:

I love this salt scrub! I think it is one of the best products on the market. I like the fact that the salt is natural and that you get an amazing exfoliation no matter your skin type. It didn't irritate my skin at all and I even used it on my face.

You have to be careful with this because you control how much exfoliation and scrubbing you get. I try to be careful because the more pressure you apply, the more skin cells you remove. My goal is to just remove dead skin cells without damaging new skin cells underneath. The scrub is gentle enough for on my face and tough enough to use on my feet. It does have an earthy smell to it and it tastes funny if you accidentally get it in your mouth.

I love this product. It's strong enough to use on my heels and knees where I need a little extra scrubbing power. I always feel so soft after using this. I like to use this before I use a self tanner or before I apply a deep moisturizer. I would recommend only using a few times a week. It's not gentle enough for everyday use. I typically will do a scrub twice a week.

It scrubs away all kinds of dead skin cells and dirt. It really penetrates and scrubs deep down where I need it. I have to be careful because if I scrub too much, I'll exfoliate my finger tips.

It has an earthy, ocean salt scent. It's fresh but kind of natural smelling. If you're not into earthy smells, you may not dig this. It's good though. It isn't strong or overbearing.

WOW! A wonderful scrub!

from Richmond VA

Comments about LUSH Ocean Salt Scrub:

I don't usually go for high-end scrubs or luxury bath items, mainly because I don't spend very much time pampering myself. I'm too busy chasing after a busy toddler and keeping house! I received this scrub as a gift from a friend who insisted that I take some time for myself and give it a try. I (somewhat reluctantly) obeyed, and I am SO glad that I did. I don't think my skin has ever felt better! I felt like a whole new woman after using this! My skin was incredibly soft and luminous. I could really see a difference after just one use, and it was such a dramatic change. I hadn't realized how much I needed a little pick-me-up until I used this!

My skin was like night and day. It was so much softer and brighter after using this scrub! I was so happy with the results!

I absolutely love the scent of this scrub. It smells so fresh and bright, which is perfect for an energizing skin scrub like this.

A bit too strong for my sensitive skin.

Comments about LUSH Ocean Salt Scrub:

This was one of my first products from LUSH that I tried. I found that personally, this is too strong for my skin, however I have very sensitive skin and am prone to oily and dry skin. After using the Ocean Salt Scrub I did find that my skin felt refreshed and renewed and even smelt fresh. I would recommend that people with sensitive skin only use this on harder skin, such as feet and hands, and stay away from more sensitive area's. I used this product just on my feet to start getting them ready for beach weather and I must say my feet have never looked better. This product even helped the condition of my nails as with the salt they appear a brighter white and seemed stronger. I can't really fault the product, I find it's more my skin that's the issue here, with being overly sensitive.

On the parts of my body that weren't too sensitive for this product, they glowed with freshness.

Nice fresh smelling scent.

Extreme exfoliation.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about LUSH Ocean Salt Scrub:

I use this on my face, neck, elbows, and knees. The exfoliation beads are really large and grainy. They are very course and tough. It is rough and removes the top layer of dead and flakey skin. It can be irritating if you use it too hard, too often, or on acne/pimples. Also, I do not use it if I am going outside or into direct sunlight right after because it can also be irritating. I am sure to avoid pimples when I use it because it can open them up and they bleed, scar, etc. It smells fresh and gives you a nice clean feeling. It is extremely refreshing and makes me feel awake. It makes my skin glow. My face makeup, even powder look less cakey for the first couple days after I use this. My body lotions go on much smoother. I feel better about using this than other exfoliants because it is supposedly more natural. The ingredients that they use are of higher quality than most. This is very pricey so I use it sparingly.

Scummy scrubby!

Comments about LUSH Ocean Salt Scrub:

This is one of my favourite products ever. Though it's a bit off-putting the first time you see it, all blue and white and so /sharp/ looking from the salt crystals. But it's fantastic and the salt doesn't hurt skin at all (though of course, don't get it in your eyes!) And it's so pretty! It looks like the ocean, but then so many Lush products are so pretty and get their names from their looks and scents, or maybe it's the other way around.

It's meant for your face, but you can use it anywhere. I prefer to keep it just as a facial exfoliator because it's not the cheapest thing on the market and I've other Lush products for body exfoliators anyway. There's coarse and fine sea salt to scrub away dead flaky skin, avocado butter to moisturise and lime juice and vodka to help cleanse. Yes, vodka. Just enough to help shift blackheads and have some antibacterial properties, not enough to make you smell like you've been drinking! Great product overall.

nice scrub

from San Diego ca

Comments about LUSH Ocean Salt Scrub:

The LUSH Ocean Salt Scrub is one of my favorite facial scrubs I have tried. This is designed to be used on your face, but I also like to use it on my body as well. When I purchase a new one you never know how it's going to look like exactly since LUSH hand makes every product. The one I got had a blue layer on top, and underneath was completely white. You can really smell the great ingredients they use it this scrub it smells exactly like limes, and ocean salt. The granules in this scrub are very chunky if I apply to much pressure while I am scrubbing it almost scratches my skin a little bit. I only use a small amount of product on my damp skin, and use gentle pressure while moving in circular motions focusing on my problematic areas. When I rinse this off with warm water I always get the taste of ocean salt in my mouth I am not that alarmed about it. It leaves my skin feeling extra soft, and smooth, but also drying at the same time. I am always sure to apply moisturizer right after using this scrub. It is a real treat to use this in the shower on my body I find it more effective than using it on my face. It really takes away all the dry rough patches that I can accumulate on my elbows, knees, and heels instantly. For my skin type I don't need to use this everyday I like to use it once a week on my face, and twice a week on my body. You can order this online or go to a LUSH store.

So expensive, but worth every penny

Comments about LUSH Ocean Salt Scrub:

The LUSH Ocean Salt scrub does so many things for my skin, I honestly don't know where I'd be if LUSH discontinued it.

Personally, I use this scrub on the bottoms of my feet, all over my body, on my face, and on my lips. It works equally as well on every part of my body. Somehow it's gentle enough for my face and lips, but it's harsh enough to scruff away the thick dead skin on the bottoms of my feet. I don't know how it does it, but this scrub is like an exfoliating chameleon. It's awesome!

My favorite use for this product is as an exfoliator before using fake tan. This product gets off every single cell of dry skin on my body. With a lot of scrubs, I find I have to rub vigorously to get the dead skin off. With this one, however, a light pressure gets all the dead skin cells off. Not having to work too vigorously helps keep my skin from being too irritated.

I think this product would be great for people with sensitive skin because it's so gentle.

My favorite multi purpose scrub!

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about LUSH Ocean Salt Scrub:

About my skin: The skin on my body tends to be more dry. It gets irritated and cracked very easily. I have hormonal acne on my face.

Information on this product: The Lush Ocean Salt Scrub is a sea salt and coconut cream based scrub. It's meant to help scrub away dead skin from your face or your body. It's supposed to help get rid of blocked pores and acne.

My Review: I absolutely love using the Lush Ocean Salt Scrub on my face and my body. It does an amazing job at getting rid of dry skin, and unclogging blocked pores. The first time I tried this scrub I noticed how smooth and even my skin looked. It was so soft. I feel like the sea salt actually helps with my breakouts a lot. I noticed I had less blackheads and my pores looked less clogged. I like to use this three times a week on my face, and it leaves my face looking bright and healthy. It's so refreshing. I also like to use this on my legs after I shave, and my legs have never been this smooth. I love this scrub! It doesn't even irritate my sensitive skin!

It does an amazing job at getting rid of all the dirt and oil that my regular face cleanser doesn't. I feel like my pores are a lot less clogged, and my skin tone is a lot more even and brighter. My skin is a lot more smooth and soft then it was before. This totally gets rid of all my dry patches. It doesn't make my skin feel dry either.

It has a beachy ocean scent to it. It makes me feel like I'm in California again.

Expensive but good

Comments about LUSH Ocean Salt Scrub:

The only reason this didnt get a 10/10 s because of the price. Everything in lush is handmade, but I still dont see that as a good enough reason to make it all so expensive. As for the scrb itself, it is great. Not the best smell in my opinion, but others seem to like it. I love to use this in the shower. It makes my skin soft, and I feel like im at the spa,.