Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
Bath & Body Works
Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial Deep Cleansing Hand Soap

Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial Deep Cleansing Hand Soap

Pros

• Cleans effectively (5)
  • Pleasant smell (5)
  • Easy to use (4)
  • Attractive packaging (3)
  • Kills bacteria (3)

• Daily use (5)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Budget shopper (4)

Anti Bacterial and smells GREAT!

I love Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial Deep Cleansing Hand Soaps. I have been using their Deep Cleansing Hand Soaps for a very long time now and am a big fan of the brand. I always have these soaps in my home, especially in my kitchen. These powerful germ-killing hand soaps have been enriched with a special moisturizing blend to help hydrate and soften skin as powerful ingredients leave dirty hands clean and lightly scented with their wonderful fragrances. I really like how this soap does not dry out my hands since I wash my hands numerous times when I am in the kitchen. My hands feel soft and smell great! The best part is that these Anti-Bacterial Deep Cleansing Hand Soaps are available in a number of fragrances. I have some favorites but I think I love them all. They smell so wonderful that I want to wash my hands again and again! I highly recommend trying these soaps.

Scary Ingredients in a Pretty Package

While this prodcuts smeels good and looks pretty, I have  learned some startling and worrisome facts about this line of products.  I feel so passionately about the harm Bath and Body Works Anti-Bacterial soaps can do to us and our environment, that I must spread the word.First, the anti-bacterial agent used in these soaps, triclosan, persists in the environment after it is washed down the drain.  It is even present in very low amounts in water that has passed through treatment plants.  At this point, the EPA has stated that the risks posed to aquatic plants are appreciable.  If millions of households continue to wash triclosan down the drain, we can expect the chemical to continue accumulating in our waterways.  I certainly don't want this stuff in my drinking water!Second, the FDA has identified triclosan as a product in need of further research.  Until more data is gathered, the FDA is not outright suggesting that consumers discontinue triclosan use, but the FDA does acknowledge that trilosan is a known hormonal disruptor in animals.  Since even minor alterations to our endocrine systems can have harmful effects, why should consumers take the chance of bathing their hands in the stuff daily?  Furthermore, the FDA has stated that triclosan provides no more anti-bacterial benefits than washing with regular soap and water.  Third, and perhaps the most frightening fact, is that the Deep Cleansing line or products obtains its exfoliating qualities from tiny plastic beads.  These beads wash into our waste water and never biodegrade.  Indicated by the ingredient polyethylene, these little beads are too small to be filtered out at waste treatment plants, meaning that with enough usage, our rivers, streams, and drinking water may become laced with plastic.Bath and Body Works products are very attractive and smell great, and I am a sucker for pretty soaps, but until the company begins taking responsibility for the health and environmental consequences of their products, I will be spending my money elsewhere.  There are dozens of great smelling liquid soaps available that one can use without compromising health or the environment.Review by nickibgreenhttp://fighttheplastic.blogspot.com/

I would buy this again

from Pikeville,Ky

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
  • Easy To Use
  • Gentle
  • Good Value
  • Moisturizes
  • Pleasant Smell

• Baths
    • Showers

Comments about Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial Deep Cleansing Hand Soap:

I use this product every time i bath or shower

I love my Bath and Body Hand Soap

from Atlantic Beach

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
    • Easy To Use
    • Lasting Smell
    • Moisturizes
    • Pleasant Smell

Cons

• Pricey / Poor Value

• Travel

Comments about Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial Deep Cleansing Hand Soap:

I love all things Bath and Body! I use this in my bathroom and my kitchen. I love the smells and how affective it is cleaning your hands. It is one of a handful that I use on a regular basis.

Favorite hand soap!

from Keller, TX

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Attractive Packaging
    • Cleans Effectively
    • Kills Bacteria
    • Long Lasting
    • Pleasant Smell

• Bathroom
      • Kitchen

Comments about Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial Deep Cleansing Hand Soap:

I love all things Bath & Body Works. They always have great sales where you can get tons of products for pretty cheap. I always stock up on hand soaps and sanitizers. These are great to keep stocked around your house. I keep one in both of our bathrooms and one in the kitchen as well. They have great fragrances and it's also easy on your skin!

Love it

from Detroit, MI

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Attractive Packaging
      • Cleans Effectively
      • Easy To Use
      • Kills Bacteria
      • Pleasant Smell

Cons

• Dries Skin

Comments about Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial Deep Cleansing Hand Soap:

Love the smell and clean feeling

Love these soaps

from Yuma, az

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Attractive Packaging
      • Cleans Effectively
      • Easy To Use
      • Kills Bacteria
      • Long Lasting
      • Moisturizing

• Bathroom
        • Kitchen

Comments about Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial Deep Cleansing Hand Soap:

I love all bath and bodyworks, I have to admit I normally will just buy dial or softsoap, but for my birthday I got giftcards to bath & bodyworks during their semi annual sale, I picked up a bunch of hand soaps and they last so much longer then anything else, we started using the one in my kitchen mid june and it just ran out yesterday! They all smell amazing! I will definetly be buying more.

Great soap. Smells wonderful.

from florida, USA

Comments about Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial Deep Cleansing Hand Soap:

Overall I really like the Bath and Body works antibacterial deep cleansing hand soaps. I like that there are many different scents to choose from and they all seem to work very well. When using this soap I always get a really nice lather and my hands always feel super clean afterwards.

Most, if not all, of the antibacterial soaps have little scrubbing properties to get my hands extra clean. I use them in all of my bathrooms and in my kitchen to ensure that my family's hands stay clean. The antibacterial properties in these soaps put my mind at ease that my family and I are not spreading germs around the house.

There is a scent available for any mood, any occasion, and for any room. There are tropical scents, floral scents, fruity scents, and linen scents, among many others. I have never used all of them, but look forward to trying them all. I also use them as gifts, as everyone I know love these soaps, as well.

Anti Bacterial and smells GREAT!

Fabulous

from Edina, MN

Comments about Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial Deep Cleansing Hand Soap:

Bath and Body Works Anti-Bacterial Deep Cleansing Hand Soap is so nice to have in the bathroom at home, especially for guests. Bath and Body works have a great selection of aromas and presentations for their hand soaps. I love this one, because it comes in a nice bottle that is a cool presentation. The amount is perfect and is generous for the price you pay. The pump in the bottle is great and works for you to get even the last amount of soap out. Bath and Body works has so many aromas that there will be at least one or two that you will love. The soap is soft and does not dry out your skin. It leaves hands smooth, clean and with a nice scent to them.

Great! Leaves hands soft and smooth and fresh feeling.

The different options for scents are one of the best characteristics. There are so many to choose from that it is hard to decide which you want. There are all tiypes of aromas from soft to strong.

A pretty good hand soap!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial Deep Cleansing Hand Soap:

I used to use this kind of soap, but have switched due to the their ingredients. The last few years we have really been finding out why natural and organic products are better for you and the environment. This one isn't a great choice in that area. If I took that out of the picture then this isn't a bad soap. It comes in a big variety of scents. It's fun to choose one that you like a lot. This soap is easy to use and pump. You can wash your hands and know that they are clean. The Bath and Body Works anti-bacterial soap gets rid of those pesky germs. This soap lathers well in your hands and is great for the whole family. You get a decent size bottle at a pretty good price, especially during store sales. All in all it's not a bad soap. I have just chosen to go a different route with soaps.

This product is effective in getting rid of germs and cleaning hands.

These soaps come in many scents, so there is bound to be one that you'll love. Plus Bath and Body Works stuff smells good anyway.

The pump is convenient but the scents are too strong.

from Princeton, WV

Comments about Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial Deep Cleansing Hand Soap:

I am a fan of the Bath and Body works anti-bacterial deep cleaning hand soaps collection, however, the scent has to be just right for me. I find that these particular soaps are often very heavily scented and some of the scents are just too strong for me.

I do like that the soap comes in a convenient pump bottle. Because of the pump, I can actually use my arm or elbow to pump the product out and avoid contaminating the nozzle with dirty hands. The soap comes out foamy which has its advantages and drawbacks. The advantage is that the kiddos love the foaming soap but the drawback is that the soap doesn't get a really good lather to my liking.

I love knowing I am sanitized and essentially germ free, but some of these soaps smell way too strong. I prefer the citrus scents over the floral scents because the floral scents are often the strongest.

These do a great job of protecting and cleaning hands but they leave a little left to desire when it comes to the lather. Also, depending on the scent, some of these smell way too strong.

It really depends on which product you buy. I find that citrus scents and herbal scents aren't too bad but the floral scents are just too strong for my taste.