Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:

Softsoap Milk & Golden Honey Moisturizing Hand Soap

Pros

Cons

Softsoap Eliminates Messy Soap Scum

Soap products are found in every household in the land and they have been slowly evolving from solid to the liquid variety over the years. I used to use nothing but bar soap but I have gradually changed my ways and liquid is now my soap of choice. One liquid that helped win me over is **Softsoap Naturals Milk & Honey Moisturizing Hand Soap**, a product for washing hands. **Hand Soap Commentary:**  Liquid hand soap is a product I resisted using for a long time. It wasn't because of stubbornness to change or anything like that. I continued to use and prefer bar soap because I preferred the scents offered by my favorite brands. The bars often left a mess to clean up (dried soap in the soap dish) and even though I knew liquid soap would eliminate this problem, I refused to switch. Now, liquid hand soaps have replaced bar soap in every room in my house. The reason I finally gave in and went liquid is because of the wider variety of scents available. With so many choices, I had no problem finding several that I liked. And Softsoap Milk Protein & Honey Moisturizing Hand Soap is one of them. The scent is part of the reason, but there are others. I like the consistency of the soap; the fact that it doesn't oversud; the ease of rinsing; and the soft feeling it leaves behind. Some hand soaps are harsh and they can take their toll on the skin if used too frequently. But you won't have this problem if you use this hand soap. It leaves the skin feeling soft, almost like you have applied hand lotion.  Very little of this product is needed to wash the hands, but most don't know this and it leads to quick depletion of a bottle. Guests and kids often don't realize just how little is needed and they are likely to dispense about twice as much as they need. One of the interesting things about this product is that it doesn't produce a large amount of suds, even when you use too much. It most certainly gets the hands clean but with a limited amount of suds, it is much easier to rinse off.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Overall, Softsoap Naturals Moisturizing Hand Soap with Milk Protein and Honey is an excellent hand soap product and it is one of several brands responsible for convincing me to give up my solid soap in favor of liquids. It offers a nice scent, moisturizing ingredients for the hands, and just the right amount of lather to wash the dirt and grime from you hands while still remaining easy to rinse clean.

It's an okay soap but no germ fighting power.

My boyfriend bought this soap for us. I used it in my kitchen because I cook several meals a day using raw meat. I also handle the liter box, the dirty dishes, and most of the housework to be done is in and around the kitchen area.

This hand soap was supposed to be moisturizing but it really wasn't. It didn't do any damage but it didn't help either. It has a nice pump top and one pump will typically get enough soap to provide ample lather. The lather is good on this but it doesn't leave any moisture behind. My hands were just as dry this past winter as they always are.

After reading on this hand soap, I noticed it doesn't even have any germ fighting powers. I always buy antibacterial soap from this company so I was shocked this one didn't have any triclosan or other antibacterial agent in it.

If you just need to have soap, this is okay but it doesn't kill germs and it isn't moisturizing. It's just soap.

It doesn't provide any moisture that I can tell. My hands weren't left feeling dried out but they weren't soft and moisturized either. In the winter, my hands were just as dry as always. It also doesn't have an antibacterial agent to it. I really need antibacterial agents in my soap because I frequently handle raw meats and other items that I need to wash away.

It has a nice smell but it doesn't smell like milk or honey. It smells kind of like a bath soap to me. It is pleasant and soft.

This is a nice hand soap!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Softsoap Milk & Golden Honey Moisturizing Hand Soap:

I tried this soft soap awhile back and it wasn't too bad. I liked that it was a little thicker than some of the other soft soaps out there. The smell of milk and honey was better than I thought that it would be. It's a nice refreshing scent. The bottle is a good size and the pump on the bottle works well also. It's easy for kids to use as well. I like to mix my hand soap scents up a bit, so this was a nice change. The soft soap brand is inexpensive and can be found at most stores. I would buy this product again. It lathers well and gets your hands really clean. I also like the moisturizing part of it. It doesn't leave your hands feeling dried out. I liked it.

It's effective in getting your hands clean and germ free. It also does a good job of keeping your hands from feeling dried out and with moisturizing them.

The scent was a little different then I was used to, but it was a nice smell. It was a refreshing and soft scent.

A great hand soap for keeping hands soft

Comments about Softsoap Milk & Golden Honey Moisturizing Hand Soap:

I never had used a moisturising hand soap before as I had assumed that all hand soaps were the same, but the Soft-soap Milk & Golden Honey Moisturising Hand Soap changed my perceptions, it really is different amongst the other ranges of soaps. The Soft-soap Milk & Golden Honey Moisturising Hand Soap has such a lovely strong scent. I like the moisturising component in Soft soap Milk & Golden Honey Moisturising Hand Soap as my hands tended to dry out sometimes with over washing. It did not irate or dried out my skin at all. It always left my hands superbly clean with the pretty fragrance lingering long after washing your hands. This hand soap is available in many stores and it is priced affordably for the size of the bottle it is sold in, not ranged too high like other brands. I would recommend this hand soap because of the moisturising bonus, for its lovely smell which Soft-soap sells in different scents if you're not too keen on milk ad honey, it is something worth trying amongst the moisturising hand soaps ranges.

Softsoap Milk & Golden Honey is a great sudsy hand cleaner.

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Softsoap Milk & Golden Honey Moisturizing Hand Soap:

I am currently using this soap, Softsoap Milk & Golden Honey Moisturizing Hand Soap, and have had nothing but good experiences with it. The unbreakable plastic bottle currently sits on my bathroom sink and looks very attractive there in it's yellowish orange container. The very rich and thick looking deeply colored yellow soap is seen through the transparent container and looks like and is a dream come true for washing and moisturizing dry hands. Being that my skin is plagued with dryness from a skin condition called psoriasis, I need a highly moisturizing soap to keep my hands clean as well as keep them from drying out, especially during the cold winter months when my skin tends to get chapped.
The only drawback I can think of to this product is that the soap tends to dry in the dispenser pump if you don't use it every day, but thats not a problem, really. You might have to break off the small clump of dried soap from the dispenser tip and then, voila, it's pumping freely again.
I found the bottle lasted an adequately fair amount of time before running out. You can add water when it's nearly gone and the get the last drop of soap out and it is still sudsy and rich.
The lather is wonderfully plentiful, the soap is a great and effective cleaner, and the scent is mild enough to please yet not too strong to overpower your senses. A very indulgent product to treat yourself with at a moderately low price.
I love and recommend it.

definitely does the job cleaning without undo drying.

Perfect for my taste.

Softsoap Milk and Golden Honey Gentle on Dry Skin

from St. Louis, MO

Comments about Softsoap Milk & Golden Honey Moisturizing Hand Soap:

The name, Softsoap, is perfect for this line of hand soap products. I first purchased this scent of their hand soap line nearly 4 years ago and have been using it ever since.

Prior to using Softsoap I had not seen the importance of having two different types of soap: one for dishes and one for hands. I thought, "It's all soap. It all cleanses. What's the big deal?" Then I was given a box of household items when my husband and I moved to Virginia. In the box was a little pump bottle of this Milk and Golden Honey hand soap. My opinion on the importance of hand soap was immediately changed!

I have always suffered from dry skin on my hands, especially during the winter. Of course, dish soap makes it so much worse. Using the softsoap allowed me to use less lotion, and also allowed my hands to heal in between washes. It did not strip all the essential oils out of my skin, and added some moisture due to the product's own ingredients.

As to the scent, I had a girlfriend come visit and after she used the bathroom she said, "Wow, your soap smells so good! I just can't stop smelling my hands!" I agree. The smell is mild, but very pleasantly clean. Softsoap Milk and Golden Honey soap is a household favorite and has a lasting place in our home.

Really moisturizes your hands!

Comments about Softsoap Milk & Golden Honey Moisturizing Hand Soap:

I was incredibly please when I used this hand soap. It truly moisturizes your hands and makes them feel awesome. It is one of the best hand soaps I have ever used. The smell is incredible. It smells like a sweet honey scent. It would leave my hands smelling awesome all day. It also works to really kill off germs. I am a teacher so I am constantly exposed to germs. I felt like this hand soap did a great job at killing off germs and keeping me healthy. The price on this is great too. It lasts you a long time. It is certainly worth the price you pay for it.

I found this soap to be very effective for me. It kept my hands clean and helped them stay moisturized. It definitely was effective at killing germs. It was also effective at keeping my skin from getting too dry. I would definitely recommend using this soap.

The scent is incredible. The milk and honey combine really well to make an awesome scent. It is a sweet smell but it is not overpowering.

Helps Hands, Keeps You Clean

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about Softsoap Milk & Golden Honey Moisturizing Hand Soap:

This type of pump makes a really nice addition to any bathroom. I have had this specific scent, milk & golden honey, in my bathroom in the past. It is creamier than the standard softsoap, which I like and would recommend. It also has a lighter scent to it than some of the others I have used. I feel that it would not be overpowering for someone who is just looking for a light scent. I think that it has a nice enough feeling to be in a guest bathroom. One of the great things about these pumps is they can be used over and over again, so you are not just buying the soap, but a pump too if you want. Larger containers can be purchased at a discount, then you just pour that into this bottle. Seriously though, this soap reminds me of Winnie the Pooh and the Land of Milk and Honey! So, if you have a child really into Winnie the Pooh who doesn't like to wash their hands, maybe you should try this out!

I Love This Soap So Much I Buy Its Refills in Bulk

Comments about Softsoap Milk & Golden Honey Moisturizing Hand Soap:

I love this product. I bought it as a fluke at my local Wal-Mart when I couldn't find my normal yellow hand soap (yes, I buy hand soap to match my bathroom decor). I have been happy with its results.

I like how thick this soap is. I feel like because it is so thick it can help my children learn to rub their hands together well and make a nice, rich lather which is then thick enough to visualize and wash off. I also feel like the color of the soap isn't dark enough that if it is dripped in my sink on accident by a child that I notice or care too much.

I also really like the moisturizing aspect of this soap. My hands tend to get chappy in the winter due to our hard water, so I need a soap that has built-in moisturizers in it. I feel like it really does work to help keep hands nice.

I found a bulk-size of this moisturizing soap, so I don't even buy the individual containers anymore. I just fill them up when they start getting empty.

Softsoap Milk and Golden Honey Moisturizing Hand Soap

Comments about Softsoap Milk & Golden Honey Moisturizing Hand Soap:

I have used many different Softsoap products and I really like this Milk and Golden Honey soap. It is very gentle on my hands and does a good job cleansing. I use this soap in our bathroom. I first used this soap after getting some with a coupon for free. I liked it so much that I have since purchased more bottles. I have always liked the Softsoap brand. I trust Softsoap. This soap has a soft gentle scent, like honey and flowers. I was my hands a lot because of my job and this soap doesn't dry out my hands like some other soaps do. It is very gentle and doesn't irritate my skin. My husband has very sensitive skin and this brand of Softsoap doesn't make his hands red and sore like other soaps tend to do.

This soap does a good job cleansing my hands and keeps them from getting too dried out. It is gentle and very effective.

The scent is very calming and relaxing. I has a light sweet smell and is perfect to use year round.

Rich & Creamy for Hands

Comments about Softsoap Milk & Golden Honey Moisturizing Hand Soap:

I use lots of SoftSoap products and they all have their good points and a few bad ones too. This particular version, Milk & Golden Honey for the hands is very nice. It is very rich and creamy and sticks to your hands while you wash. This is my only negative comment on this brand, it is so thick that if you spill it on the counter and don't clean it right away it is hard to get off later, but other than that I do like it for hand washing. I use this pump dispenser in my two bathrooms, and it has a nice scent. It is not an anti-bacterial soap, so you may want to consider this if you have little kids using it, it will not kill germs on their grimey hands. This is pretty cheap for a name brand and I always find coupons in the weekly papers for this brand. It goes well with any decor and the pump dispenser always works well, I have never had any clogs with this. Overall, I give this a good rating for nice smelling, inexpensive hand soap in pump form.

Awesome Hand SOap

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Softsoap Milk & Golden Honey Moisturizing Hand Soap:

Very pleased with this nourishing hand soap from Softsoap. It has all of the great qualities that users want, providing a thorough cleaning backed by an amazing smell and plenty of great skin nourishment. It offers a rich lather with plenty of suds and a gentle feel that is like heaven on your skin. All of this is delivered to the consumer at an affordable price, only a couple of bucks for a big bottle that lasts my family of four a month or more.
the milk and honey smell is one of the most intriguing that I have ever experienced and this soap certainly blends the two together to perfection. I have dry skin and my hands always feel relieved after using this soap. And, of course I am confident that my hands are clean.
This is the perfect hand soap for the bathroom, the guest bathroom and at the kitchen sink. I love it! I would recommend that everyone have a few bottles in their home so they never run out. This is a great all around soap for the hands.