Other Washing Machines:
LG
WT5070CW
LG Ultra-Large Capacity High Efficiency Top Load Washer

LG Ultra-Large Capacity High Efficiency Top Load Washer

Pros

• Energy efficient (3)
  • Quiet (3)

Cons

• Long cycle (3)

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (3)

It doesn't live up to its advertised "high capacity" billing

It washes well. I was afraid that the water would just swish around and not clean the clothing (since I was replacing a front loader)

Energy efficiency...Read complete review

Energy Efficiency
Energy efficiency is good - lots of ways to customize your loads in terms of water temperatures and type of load.

Cleaning Time
The extra rinse adds almost as much time as a second wash cycle.

I would offer a very good except that it unbalances quite easily with towels or bedding. The manual says to wait until it rebalances the load but the load rarely rebalances and I have to stop and start it several times. (1 set of queen sheets and 2 towels will set it off)

Lots of choices and fairly intuitive

The tub is too deep for children or shorter adults to reach the bottom.

I've had it a year and there have been no mechanical problems (beyond the unbalancing issue)

Do not purchase

I bought this as a set with the matching dryer. First, I must say, when it worked it cleaned my clothes very well and had a lot of great settings to choose from. It also looks really sleek. I had it for a few months when it broke down for the first time. A repair man came out days later only to tell me I had to wait for an entire motherboard to be ordered, then replaced. That came in, they replaced it and it still wouldn't work. Next it needed a new sensor of some sort. All in all I was out of a washing machine for almost 2 weeks.
Then about 9 months later, it stopped working again. The guy came out (again days later) to repair and had to order a part, which of course did not end up fixing the problem.
Long story short, a new one was eventually sent to me and that one wouldn't fill up with water....upon delivery.
This machine caused me so many headaches and problems. It would be a huge mistake (in my opinion) to purchase this washing machine.
I had to get a whole new set less than a year after purchasing this one.

Cleaning Time
Cycles were long but it did a good job cleaning,

Lots of great settings, but sometimes the machine will not let you set it on what you want to. It has predetermined settings for some cycles. That could be annoying at times.

Looks very nice!

I am happy to use this item

from Georgia

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Energy Efficient

Comments about LG Ultra-Large Capacity High Efficiency Top Load Washer:

I like your product and I am happy to use this item

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

it is awesome product

from chicago

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
      • Clean Clothes Well
      • Energy Efficient
      • good for home usage
      • Large Capacity
      • Quiet
      • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Long Cycle
      • Shakes/Moves

• Bedding
      • cotton
      • Delicates
      • Everyday Clothes
      • Heavy/Bulky Items

Comments about LG Ultra-Large Capacity High Efficiency Top Load Washer:

it is very good.it is an awesome product and i will recommend this to a friend for an home usage. and it can be easily operated,it is used for every day clothes,bedding,cotton,neon,wool,silk,Delicate,heavy,bulk,shirts,tea shirts and clothes
      and i mention it for heavy use age and lg is is one of the best brands i recommend and i also love to get products from amazon and the product is not so heavy and so light and we will have no trouble in shifting the product form one place to another i will not only recommend this to a friend i will recommend this to a family i hope that lg will maintain this quality this is an amazing little machine and it can be attached to a bathroom sink, and drained to the bathtub. And a hose does come with it, although i bought a separate longer hose to extend the distance to where the machine sits. You should also buy an adapter that helps you quickly switch between the wash machine hose and your regular mode of using the sink, or otherwise you would have to constantly screw on and off the hose which isn't really ideal at all. The adapter is available here as garden 36939 indoor tap garden hose connector set' . On contrary to what it looks like on the page, it has a stainless steel aerate adapter that directly replaces your existing sink aerator and also serves as the adapter to the plastic adapter piece that is screwed onto your hose. Works extremely well and convenient - used for more than an year now without issues .

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Doesn't clean clothes that well

from Caldwell, NJ

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Energy Efficient
      • Quiet

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
      • Long Cycle

Comments about LG Ultra-Large Capacity High Efficiency Top Load Washer:

After my trusty Maytag washer (which did a great job) broke after 20 years, we bought the LG top loader to match the existing LG dryer we had. I noticed that the clothes don't come out looking of smelling really clean. Maybe because there is less water used or no agitator but I'm not happy with the results after an hour and 10 minutes to do a wash when the Maytag did a better job in 40 minutes.

Machine is junk!

from Omaha, NE

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
        • Clean Clothes Well
        • Large Capacity
        • Quiet
        • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Breaks Down
        • every source has different idea on loading
        • Load looks balanced, continuously fills
        • Long Cycle

• Delicates

Comments about LG Ultra-Large Capacity High Efficiency Top Load Washer:

Was told by salesman that I could load 18 towels in a load. What a joke! I use small towels, and maybe can load 12. Jeans/pants never work. Between the book, corporate, the repairman, the salesman, online help--some say to load all like items in a load, others insist it cannot be like items--load must be mixed. How realistic is that? I have bedding, blankets, towels.... Blankets/quilts NEVER work. Towels are always problematic. Pants are always a problem. I don't think I've ever had a problem with a small load of underwear, but the service man told me never to wash really small loads. They've rebuilt virtually the entire machine, and I still have the same problems. Not very efficient when it continuously fills and refills with water for hours. I paid a lot of money for this machine--I can't afford to just go out and buy a new machine. I spend half my day babysitting the cycle. I'm sick of it. I've learned not to trust anyone from the salesman to LG to the repairman!

LOVE my LG Washing Machine!

from Griswold, IA

Comments about LG Ultra-Large Capacity High Efficiency Top Load Washer:

This is my first brand new washer and I love it! I refused to purchase a front loading washer, and loved the idea of a top loading HE. The glass lid is nice to have. A favorite in our family is the 'buzzer', as it's a nice musical tune! This handles large loads without a problem. Load buttons/steps are simple enough for my 11 y/o to use!

Energy Efficiency
        The machine 'assesses' the load I've put in, then begins the cycle. It automatically adjusts the amount of water needed for every load! This in itself saves on the water bill!

Cleaning Time
        I rated this one an 8, but only because some of the loads take a long time. This is totally expected, though, when I'm using the SANITIZING mode. I do appreciate how it adjusts the actual time for each load if it's ready to go----shorter spin time if it's done etc.

I was very nervous about getting an HE washer. The lack of water in the front loaders just seemed so odd to me--and not clean. It's a mental thing, I suppose. But with this washer the water level is adjusted for each load, and some of my larger loads have used more water which is just what I desired!

• Cleaning Time:

The Ultra-Large Capacity High Efficiency Washer is terrrific.

from The Colony, TX

Comments about LG Ultra-Large Capacity High Efficiency Top Load Washer:

The LG Ultra-Large High Efficiency Washer is wonderful. This top Load Washer is great for doing your entire family's laundry.

Energy Efficiency
        The LG Ultra-Large Capacity Washer is highly energy efficient. You will save on your family's electric bill each time you use it.

Cleaning Time
        The LG Ultra-Large Washer is perfect to adjust your cleaning time. There are various times on dial.(from short times for deliacate clothes to longer times for dirty clothes). The average load should take no longer than 30 minutes.

This LG Washing Machine gives you a wonderful performance. You will never have to rewash your clothes with this machine. All the clothes come out clean and smelling great.

This washing machine is very easy to use. Just select the temperature you desire, load your clothes and turn the dial. You can't beat it.

This LG appliance has a wonderful design. It with match will all your home decor. Show your appliance to your neighbors (you can be proud to be an owner of this machine).

The durability of the washer is great. If you have any problems with your machine, the warranty will cover it.

well made machine

from Manheim, PA

Comments about LG Ultra-Large Capacity High Efficiency Top Load Washer:

We got this washer because our broke and I wanted a top loader machine. The salesperson gave good reviews on this product. We had the machine about 2 months and the water hose under the machine got a hole in it. We had service come out very quickly. There repaired it fast and efficiently. We now have a phone number of the local repair person for lg.

Energy Efficiency
        This machine uses less water., but wash time is longer then the average washing machine

Cleaning time is lonbger

Clothes have come out clean

This machine is self explanitory

This machine is an attractive design

very durable

• Cleaning Time:

The best washing machine on the market

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about LG Ultra-Large Capacity High Efficiency Top Load Washer:

The LG ultra large capacity high efficiency top load washer is by far the best washer I have ever used and by far the best investment I've made in a while for an appliance. Recently our washing machine broke and would cost more to be fixed so the store offered an exchange and we paid the difference. After we made this purchase and I tried it out for the first time, I couldn't believe how great it was. It was incredibly quiet with no vibrations or noise. Another great feature is the cold water feature where it cleans everything that usually needs warm water to clean, but saves me the money by using the cold water. I do a lot of laundry with two five year olds and I can fit an amazing amount of clothes, towels, blankets or whatever else. It has a sleek design and very easy to use. I'm so glad I made this purchase and couldn't ask for a better washing machine. With all the features it has, it really is in my opinion one of the best out there. I would highly recommend.

Energy Efficiency
        Using cold water feature cleans like warm water but saves you money.

• Cleaning Time:

A great washer at a very good price

from Cape Neddick, ME

Comments about LG Ultra-Large Capacity High Efficiency Top Load Washer:

We bought this washer in December of 2013 and have used it since.

Energy Efficiency
        This uses about half the water of our previous washer. It is a top loader but senses the weight of the clothes and adjusts the water used.

Cleaning Time
        It uses less hot water and washes the load in about two-thirds the time of the previous machine

Clothes seem as clean, except for occasional streaks or spots

No worry about loading carefully as it senses the load and redistributes as necessary to balance

Good so far.

Washes a Ton of Clothes With Ease

Comments about LG Ultra-Large Capacity High Efficiency Top Load Washer:

This washer hold almost two times the amount of clothes that my old washer did. I can even wash my king size comforter easily. The small agitator makes loading and unloading a breeze. It self balances and uses very little water. The washer has many programmable features for all types of laundry loads.

Energy Efficiency
        Uses very little water and has a good energy rating.

Cleaning Time
        It does take about 58 minutes to wash a load of clothes; however, it's like doing two loads in one.

I love the fact that you do not have to worry about unbalanced loads. The floating top self corrects prior to actual washing. Performance of this LG washer is top notch.

Very easy to program. You do not need to be a tech geek to choose the right settings for your laundry.

Very nice design. I love the glass top you are able to see your laundry being washed. It looks very modern.

I have used this washer almost daily and have had no problems with it. From heavy jeans to bead spread and towels.