Other Washing Machines:

LG Front Load Washer

Pros

Cons

Insanely Quiet and Beautiful Washer

What can I say, the LG WM2050CW is the most awesome washer I've ever owned.  Whisper-quiet, you can barely tell it's running!  The 4.0 cubic foot size is great for a large family - there's 5 of us.  You can even wash a King-Size comforter in it without an issue.  And you have pretty much every washing option you can imagine, you can even customize the different configurations to your specs.  There's even an option for clothes with the dreaded "dry clean only" tags on them!  The most important thing, even your hubby can figure out how to turn it on!  It's also energy-star qualified and uses very little water (my kids were amazed watching it the first time, it barely looks like there's water in it).  It will not only save money in the long run on your utility bills, it also qualifies for the cash-for-clunker appliances rebates available in most areas (check with your local energy company for details).  It's also nice to be able to put in a load of clothes and then go take a shower (pretty rare with most washers), especially for all of us working Moms!  This model does not disappoint.

Gets Moldy and standing water in the trays

I will NEVER buy an LG again. I researched washers, and a major Consumers Magazine rated this LG highly. Yes, it does use less water--BUT the seal around the door collects mold. We have wiped it down with various agents to no avail. We have to leave the door open to get rid of the mold.( And we live in a low humidity area).  How stupid a design is that!! Also the soap and softner trays collect water that has to be emptied after each load. Don't waste your money.

Not happy with this machine at all

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

This machine takes so much work! It constantly needs to be wiped down around the inner gray rubber to avoid filth and/or mildew from building up. I also have to perform the "tub clean" cycle with bleach every few loads which is a waste of energy and water. If I don't do these things our clothes smell like mildew, and no matter what I do the clothes never smell freshly washed. I've experimented with various HE detergents, but still have the same problem. I do leave the door open after every load to air it out and prevent mildew, but that doesn't seem to help. I just don't have time to keep this machine clean when it doesn't clean our clothes. Very frustrating.

Energy Efficiency
The frequent tub clean cycles required just to kill that mildew smell make it very inefficient.

My clothes never smell clean or get fully clean.

It would be easy to use if it didn't require so much maintenance.

It looks like every other front load washer. Nothing special.

LG has the right idea!

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

LG hit the nail on the head with this washer. It's a great value for the money, uses little water, and the possibilities for customizing your loads of laundry is endless.

Cleaning Time
The fact that this machine has speed cycles is awesome. I can clean a load thoroughly in under a half hour.

The simple to use controls make it easy for anyone to use.

We've had it for a year with no issues.

Love this washer.

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

I'm not always a huge fan of front loader washers just for the sole reason of having to bend over to put in the clothes, but other than that I have no complaints about this washer. It has a ton of features which I love...including a hand wash/wool feature. Its great!!

Energy Efficiency
Energy star rated

Cleaning Time
Some of the cycles take longer than others, but it cleans very thoroughly

Everything comes out clean the first time through

Lots of user friendly settings

Beautiful design and easy set up. Comes in different color options!

This thing should last for a long time to come!

Wish I never bought it.

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

I was so happy with my new washer. It works great. Gets the clothes very clean, keeps my water bill low. And then a week out of warranty, it broke. It won't spin correctly, it doesn't rinse anymore and the timer is messed up too. It will run at 7 Minutes remaining for hours. LG Tech Support is unhelpful and all the washer repair people around here don't want to mess with it. I guess I need a new washer. I won't buy LG this time.

• Cleaning Time:

Low on water, low on detergent

from Bay City, MI

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

I have had this washer for nearly a year, and it has been great.  I live alone, and this summer was having issues having enough clothes per load...so I decided to just wear a certain color each week(ie darks/lights/wild), and it has worked out pretty well.  Now that it is getting colding, the clothes I'm using are getting bigger, and so are the loads.  Stuffed it absolutely full of darks and it worked out great! They all came out clean, and the washer still works haha.

I generally use tide as my detergent, HE only of course, and the bottle lasts a very long time.  I don't have to fill it past 1 in the cap, but tend to anyways especially for the large loads, and the clothes always come out clean and clear(of residue).

I have noticed only one time where it smelled bad on the inside, and thats when I forgot to take the clothes out overnight, so its my fault entirely.  Easy to clean though.  And remember, if you don't want that smell, wipe it down after use if your not going to use it for a while.

On the negative side, it can vibrate quite a bit, especially with big loads.  Living in an upstairs apartment, I feel bad about the people below me at night so try to not use it late

• Cleaning Time:

Wonderful washer, uses very little water

from Denver, CO

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

When our old Kenmore front-loader bit the dust after just four years, we searched for a front-loader that had excellent reviews and a great price.  This washer is wonderful. I live in Colorado, which is a drought state, and we watch our water usage very carefully. This washer is HE (high efficiency), which means it uses very little water and power and delivers very clean clothing.  The only downside was having to get rid of all of our non-HE, high sudsing detergent (which can actually hurt the washer).  This washer is also huge, holds tons of clothing.  It gives you many options for cycles, including short washes (about a half hour) for when you are in a rush, longer washes for when you have really heavily soiled clothing, light spin cycles for delicate clothing, different temperature combinations, etc.  My clothes usually come out very clean and because of the high efficiency, barely wet (so this also saves on drying time). This is possibly the quietest washer I've ever owned.  I highly recommend this front-loader.

• Cleaning Time:

My clothes are actually clean!

from Tustin, CA

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

Yay LG! I bought this washer because it was a great price, and it's LG. I figure, an appliance company wouldn't have such a good reputation if it sucked. Lol. Good reasoning, cause this washer's great! Washes my clothes better than most washers I've used, nice and quiet too. I recommend it to everyone!

I love my LG!

from Greensboro, NC

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

This is the perfect washer! After a disappointing run with another brand, we purchased the LG when we moved (leaving the other washer behind). This washer has been wonderful! The sanitary cycle is custom-made for washing cloth diapers - they come out perfectly clean every time and I know they've been sanitized. It's perfect for panty-hose, bras, and even wool pants with the wool/silk/handwash cycle. And, of course, it's just perfect for day-to-day use. I typically use the delicates cycle so as not to over-agitate my clothes adn I've been very happy with the results. The only drawback, as with any front-load, is that you cannot soak clothing to remove stains, but that's what the sink is for! I love the extra rinse/spin to ensure that all of the detergent is out of the clothes as well.

The option to stack is also amazing as our 1960's home is "space-challenged."

LG Front Load Washer WM2050CW is ok

from Coraopolis, PA

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

The **LG Front Load Washer WM2050CW has a very large capacity and in that vein I love it. However, I think it is very noisy. In fact our repairman had us by a kit to put on the back so it didn't vibrate and make as much noise. It did help some. When the water is filling up you can hear the water turn off and on..maybe its so noisy because my laundry room is off of my kitchen? Another thing I do not like about it is that it smells if you don't keep the door to it open when it's not in use. The water seems to collect in the rubber gasket so I keep a rag in there to sop up the water when it's not in use. **

**I do really like the method of detergent, bleach and fabric softener delivery. It's very convienient. And it does clean the clothes with such little water...how I'm not sure!**

Wash clothes even while the baby sleeps

from Woodridge, IL

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

I LOVE this wash machine. It was honestly the best investment I ever made. It is HUGE and washes big loads of clothes, making me do less laundry and save time. It also uses less water and is an energy saver. I have never had a problem with clothes coming out wrinkled or with dust on them. I used to see clothes come out of the washer with dust or lint... I have never had that problem with this wash machine. I also LOVE that when the clothes are done, it SOFTLY whistles a song. I have a small child who often takes naps during the day and it makes me feel so good that I can wash the clothes without waking my son. It also is super quiet while washing the clothes. I never feel like someone is "hitting a hammer against it" like i used to with the old washer. I think this was the BEST appliance I ever bought. The only problem I have had is that it requires you buy the expensive laundry detergent. This is not a quality of just this washer however, but of all energy savers.