Other Washing Machines:
LG
WM2501HVA
LG Front Load SteamWasher

LG Front Load SteamWasher

Pros

• Adjustable settings (4)
  • Clean clothes well (4)
  • Energy efficient (4)
  • Large capacity (4)
  • Quiet (3)

Cons

• Bedding (4)
  • Everyday clothes (4)
  • Delicate (3)
  • Towels (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Occasional user (3)

Loads of features for the price on the LG WM2501HWA

We recently purchased the LG WM2501 front loading washer to replace a 10 year old Whirlpool top loader. The washer broke and so we were on a mad dash to find a replacement. After some quick searching and review checking we found that the LGs get great reviews and have a ton of features for the price (good value!) We took delivery of the washer a week ago and so far have found it to work fantastically. The washer uses so much less water than our old top loader that it's hard to believe how well it washes the clothes. This model also includes the steam washing feature to help knock out stubborn stains.

The washer uses high efficiency (HE) detergent and not much is required which means cost savings in detergent. The small amount of water it uses also means lower cost of use.

Wash cycles are longer on the front loader than our old top loader but it's high speed spin removes so much water from the clothes that the dryer (energy eater) runs much less.

The LG comes with a generous 10 year warranty on the motor and is rated as one of the least repaired models by Consumer Reports. If you are on the fence with this washer I say buy.

good looking machine, nice features, but vibrates a lot on spin

I have really enjoyed my LG steam washer for some time now.  I love the super big capacity and all the settings, paticularly the sanitary and steam cycles.  When I have sick kids I run all the sheets, clothes, blankets, etc. in on the sanitary cycle and I feel confident that the germs are gone.  This is really an attractive unit, and the settings and controls are easy to use.  A couple drawbacks are the vibrating on high spin (even though we have tried to get it perfectly level) and occasional odor in the drum (even though we air it out after we use it).  The odor seems to go away almost completely if you use Tide HE versus another brand.  Overall I like the washer and all it can do, and in paticular enjoy being able to wash a lot of clothes at once.  We have not had any mechanical problems to date and the machine is very easy to clean and maintain.  I plan of having this for a long time to come.

The washing machine of the future

Comments about LG Front Load SteamWasher:

This baby is so sweet and easy to use! I originally bought it based of how cool it looked but was surprised to find out its the best washing machine ever. At 5.2 cubic feet it fits a lot of clothes! I even stuff multiple dog beds and there was still plenty of room. Its definetely the best washing machine Ive ever had, which saves me alot of trouble from multiple loads. There is a cool feature called TurboWash which speeds up the process of washing your clothes. The box says it saves you atleast 20 minutes on each load, no matter what settings you choose. Also has a process called SteamClean which eliminates dirt and odor. This is a professional washing machine that can take on anything. No more ruined clothes, this machine is smart and never lets the happen! Everything comes out fresh and clean just like expected. This machine is very efficient and has been able to clean all my babies clothes.

Great appliance

Comments about LG Front Load SteamWasher:

The LG Front load washer washes clothes very well and is really convenient.I like the design,the color is appealing.It is energy efficient and sleek.The button features are confusing at first but you will get used to them in the long run.The front load is not my favorite feature because you have to bend down to load in the clothes you know,straining your back and everything.
One other issue they can fix is the shaking,it makes a little bit of noise,which i have gotten used to.It does use a lot of detergent and less water.Its well built and gives the impression to last longer.Its affordable,can be placed in a small room over something on the floor.The front load is wider and can load a lot of clothes at once,it cleans fast and clean.
I would recommend this to anyone with a lot budget,it is not that expensive,i purchased it while it was on sale and overall i am satisfied.

• Cleaning Time:

This is a great machine, very worth the price.

Comments about LG Front Load SteamWasher:

I bought this when we purchased our new home about a year ago and I have been very pleased with the results since we got it. It is quiet and efficient. It looks wonderful in my laundry room, almost a conversation piece, and not just a washing machine. The bells and whistles it has are great, and i absolutely love the steam feature. I like the big glass cover that allows you to easily see what is going on with your clothes. this is just an interesting feature to me. So I would highly recommend this appliance, but it is not inexpensive.

Time and Money Saver

Comments about LG Front Load SteamWasher:

The volume of clothing that can be washed is amazing. Gets cloths clean and have saved a fortune on electricity, detergent and water!

Energy Efficiency
Water, electricity and detergent. Saves on all.

Cleaning Time
Never fast enough but appropriate

Great capacity with great cleaning

My first grader ca. Use it

Easy access and can drain the tub monthly to avoid buildup.

Never a problem

Great

Comments about LG Front Load SteamWasher:

I love this washer. It is easy to use. Easy to clean. It's energy efficient. My cloths always come out looking and smelling great. I like the look of the washer. I love that it can steam clean cloths and little kids toys and pillows. It is save for kids to be around. The washer had a safety fetcher that the door locks when it is on so that the kids can't just open the door. I have a young kid and the washer is great for taking care of getting his close clean. There are four people in my family that means lots of cloths to clean weekly. The washer gets throw a mountain of cloths easy and all my cloths come out clean and smelling fresh.

Energy Efficiency
My electric bill is always happy with this washer. It doesn't use to much water or electric.

Really easy to use even my 3 year old son knows how to work the washer

The design makes it easy to use.

It is very durable. I husband had roofing screws in his pockets with out me knowing I washed the screws. I thought my washer was going to stop working or something bad was going to happen. In the end the wash is fine works great to this day I love this washer so much.

For the "elite" laundry washer

Comments about LG Front Load SteamWasher:

I burnt out the motor of my last washing machine because it couldn’t handle the workload of having to wash my jiujitsu gi’s on a weekly basis. This washing machine is so powerful it removes stains that have been in my jiujitsu uniforms for years. Everybody asked me if I got a new gi! My white work shirts also look like new, with the “whitest whites” setting. If I have one complaint about this washing machine, its that if your friends find out that you have it, they’re going to be asking you to do all of their laundry! Very quiet, so if you have a small home and want to watch TV while washing your load you won’t have to blast the speakers on the television. I was wary about purchasing this machine because I have had LG products in the past and was not satisfied with them, but I’m glad that I did. I would recommend getting the warrantee if you can afford it, it is very worth it. Good Luck!

• Cleaning Time:

I would say this is an ok washer.

from Orem, UT

Comments about LG Front Load SteamWasher:

This definitely hasn't been my favorite washer machine. For some reason over a short period of time, this washing machine has turned all of our white clothes this discusting color of gray. Which we've ended up having to repurchase these items. We've tried cleaning the machine at least once a month witha clorox bleach. It's been alittle better. But for what we paid for it, I definitely don't think it's worth it. On almost all of our loads we use the extra water option, because we feel our clothes get better cleaned that way. I do like the steam option tho a lot! I can steam almost anything that you would normally take to a dry cleaner. And it does a great job. I also like the variety of cleaning options that it provides. You do have to be careful how much you load into tho, if you over pack it, it will stop the machine. Then you have to readjust or take articles out of the machine dripping wet. That bothers me because it states that you can load the machine quite full with either towels or jeans and it will wash them great with no problem. But when I fill it with about 7 towels it shuts down, and I have to reset everything, which is such a pain. Same thing if the plug gets full or jammed. You have to drain it etc, and restart. Overall, if I were to purchase another washer machine I would probably go with another brand.

You have to get this!

Comments about LG Front Load SteamWasher:

See the industry’s most reliable and energy efficient front load washer, as well as a range of innovative top load washer. Do you want front-load or top-load?
This LG washers are "high efficiency" washers that reduce energy costs and water consumption versus conventional washers, and offer the reliability of a Direct Drive motor and is the bet front loader and the only front loader for you! LG washing machines come with a host of resource saving features designed to suit your family’s needs and make doing laundry easier. Truly ground-breaking, our SteamWashers™ reduce allergens and wrinkles using LG's unique steam technology that refreshes and purifies with each cycle. Explore the sleek and powerful front load washers, and put them on a pedestal for added height and extra storage space. And while top load washing machines may be traditionally preferred, top load LG washers are loaded with advanced technologies that rival any in their class. This washing machine makes my washing clothes experience pleasant and easier. The washing machine has a sleek design and easy handy control panel buttons to make the machine easier to use, hey even my teen can help me wash clothes, thank you LG

• Cleaning Time:

Best washer I have ever owned

from Gig Harbor, WA

Comments about LG Front Load SteamWasher:

My only 5 year old Maytag washer recently broke, so after reading reviews, we decided to get the LG. It has every feature you could ever want and if you have a problem, it can connect via Bluetooth to a technician for a diagnosis. This time I also got the extended warranty. This washing machine has exceeded our expectations. Love it.

Does the family wash.

from Poway, CA

Comments about LG Front Load SteamWasher:

This machine turns all of our stained clothes into spotless ones. The machine measures the amount of laundry and only uses the amount of water that is necessary for each load of laundry. It is not a speedy process, but there is a cycle that can be used if you are in a hurry.

The pre-programmed setting work well.