Other Washing Machines:
LG
WT1101CW
LG 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washing Machine

LG 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washing Machine

Pros

• Energy efficient (6)
  • Large capacity (6)
  • Quiet (6)
  • Clean clothes well (5)
  • Adjustable settings (4)

Cons

• Long cycle (6)
  • Doesn't clean effectively (4)
  • Breaks down (3)

• Everyday clothes (6)
  • Delicate (4)
  • Bedding (3)
  • Heavy/bulky items (3)
  • Towels (3)
    • Energy Efficiency:
    • Cleaning Time:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (5), Heavy duty user (4)

The best washer I have ever had!

Hands down, this is the best washing machine I have ever had, used or owned. I specifically worded it this way because for 15 years I was in the Army. I (and my family) moved a lot. And we rented a lot of places as well. It wasn't until I got into government housing that we finally bought a washer.

This washer, balances the load itself to avoid it from rocking during the spin cycle. It runs quietly and uses less water, yet clean as well if not better than my previous washers. Additionally, it spins the load so that the clothes are dryer, so my dryer works less at drying the clothes.

The detergent slot is set up so that the water runs through it when first fills. Same with the fabric softener with the rinse cycle.

If you don't believe me, as certain reporting service rated it a "best buy" and it is the highest rated of all top-loading washers.

I had to order mine, but it arrived in about 4 weeks and am really glad we got it.

Worst machine

This machine is the worst piece of JUNK- I've owned it for 1.5 yrs and can not wait to dump it- impossible to just throw a load in and leave- you are guaranteed to go back and see the load is unbalanced- cloths are never completely cleaned when it's finished ( which can take days) if you actually have to leave the house and not babysit this piece of junk!

Buyer beware do not waste your money- LG's website and another site show this as a great machine- do not believe it.

I'll never buy another LG product!

Just ok

from North Carolina

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
  • Long Cycle
  • Unbalanced

Comments about LG 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washing Machine:

I love this washer most days when it is working well. Some days though I want to throw it on the curb. When it actually runs correctly and finishes it's cycle it works well and cleans the clothes pretty good. But some days it will just keep unbalancing, most times it will alert you and stop running so you can adjust the clothes and continue. Other times it will just keep filling with water and try to balance itself and when you look it will say unbalanced but it is still running, these cycles can take like 3 hours if your not paying attention to it. It will just keep adding water and then drain and see if it is balanced over and over again until either you manually stop it and readjust clothes or it eventually continues cycle on its own. It does seem to clean clothes fairly well and can run large loads.

Worst purchase ever & I owned a Vega

from Maryland

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Down
    • Doesn't Clean Effectively
    • Have to keep adding water
    • Have to watch it & manually shut off water
    • Leaky
    • LG can't find anyone to fix it
    • Long Cycle
    • Over flowed all over the floor.
    • Wads all clothes up in a single ball

• Best used as a coral reef at bottom of the ocean

Comments about LG 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washing Machine:

I will never ever EVER purchase anything LG makes. The quality of their product was horrible & there service was even worse. Don't buy this unless you like throwing money away & listening to the manufacturers excuses.

I have the new model of this

from Dallas tx

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Clean Clothes Well
    • Energy Efficient
    • Large Capacity
    • Quiet
    • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• It's to deep for short ppl have to use stepstool

I have model WT1501CW that's the updated version and I absolutely love mine

Lg washer works perfectly

from Lodi ca

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
    • Clean Clothes Well
    • Energy Efficient
    • Large Capacity
    • Quiet
    • Spins Clothes Dry

Comments about LG 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washing Machine:

No loud noise it works so perfect I would by again and again

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Not Happy!

from Hollister, CA

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
      • Long Cycle
      • Unbalances

Comments about LG 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washing Machine:

I'm extremely unsatisfied with this washer. The cycles are way too long. The time left on the screen is not accurate. It will say 11 and you'll come back 20 minutes later and it still has 6 minutes to go. What't he point then? Doing a small load is impossible. It will unbalance every time! And by small I mean having the washer any less full than 3/4's. I have about 8 beach towels that get washed constantly because I have to add them to loads so that it won't unbalance.

best top loaded washing machine i ever used

from oman

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
      • Clean Clothes Well
      • Energy Efficient
      • Large Capacity
      • Quiet
      • Spins Clothes Dry

Comments about LG 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washing Machine:

it is the best top loaded washing mashine i ever seen , just one word ..... amazing , you can adjust the setting as you like in very easy way even my very old grandmather could easly understand this setting , my small kiddes could easly turn it on and off , it cleanes the clothes very well even with oil or paint dirts , very easy just but your closes in this machine and it will do all the work for you , like majec your closes wi be very clean , for me i think the capacity is quite enough , we are four persons me my wife an my two doughters , the capacity of this washing machine is quite enough to us , but when my grandmother come to stay with us for some weeks we may need to wash the clthes two times in one day , this machine is very quite rarly you can hear the sound , i like this washing machine very much and i think in the future i will never use another brand , this machine become like one of our familly

I would not buy this product again

from Appomattox, VA

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Energy Efficient

Cons

• Long Cycle
        • Noisy
        • Shakes/Moves

Comments about LG 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washing Machine:

I bought this machine when it first came out with the matching dryer. I will put my clothes in there but cannot leave the machine for very long. It will sometimes not rinse out or drain so you have to open the lid and resort the clothes and start all over again....it sometimes takes 3-4 hours just to wash 1 load of clothes.

worst washer ever owned

from York pa

Pros

• Clean Clothes Well
        • Large Capacity
        • Quiet

Cons

• Breaks Down
        • Long Cycle

Comments about LG 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washing Machine:

Owned less then 2 1/2 years and has broken down 3 times. The mother board at 3 months. The clutch assembly snapped and wasn't covered at 17 months and now we think the mother board again although LG keeps telling us to try other parts first at 50-100 a part each not including labor.lg is no help

Excellent Washing Machine

from Miami, FL

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
          • Clean Clothes Well
          • Energy Efficient
          • Large Capacity
          • Quiet

Comments about LG 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washing Machine:

Our old washer finally broke down and we had to invest in a new washer. After carefully reviewing pros and cons as well as pricing options, we arrived at the LG and we are so happy we did! It is big enough to wash even bedding without a problem and it has so many options for cycles and temperature that you remain in complete control of your laundry.

I am pretty tall so reaching inside to pull clothes out is easy, but my sister is very petite and she has a hard time reaching all the way into the tub. Adding fabric softener into your wash is very easy and it is very efficient in the use of energy. Definitely recommend it.

Worst machine

from Massachusetts

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Down
              • Doesn't Clean Effectively
              • Long Cycle
              • Noisy
              • Shakes/Moves

Comments about LG 4.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washing Machine:

I'll never buy another LG product!