3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

• Maneuverability:

Light, small, easy and essential.

This is one stroller that I cannot do without. It is small enough that I can leave it in the car all the time without it taking up much space at all. It's super light so I can take it out and set it up really quickly and easily. This stroller is GREAT for shopping and traveling because it is light and uncomplicated.

On those trips when you are not sure if you need the stroller or not, this one is always there.

It is sturdy enough to hold the bigger kids when they get tired of walking, and also great for the babies, so having one for each kid (or each available adult to push a stroller) is a wise move.

Obviously this isn't one of the deluxe infant strollers where babies can recline, but for the convenience, this is well worth it as an 'extra' stroller in addition to the fancy expensive models.

I'm able to hang the diaper bag on the back and we're ready to go anywhere!

This one is GREAT for flying, because it takes up very little room and folds fast, so you can take it right on board. It's awesome for amusement parks as well. Tie a balloon to it and you can find it easily in the stroller parking areas.

It folds nice and small, and so light to pack into the car.

Safety
The seat belts do their job fine.

Child Comfort
It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a deluxe stroller, but this has a nice little hammock-like effect for the seat and my babies all seem very comfortable even when we are out for the entire day.

Maneuverability
A little bit slippery on highly waxed floors because the wheels are so light, but still nice swivel front wheels that make a small footprint to get through tight spaces.

I'm very rough with mine, and it just keeps working fine.

Temporary use stroller

We were looking for a cheap stroller to use for our youngest when we went to an amusement park with the family. We found this one and got a really good deal on it, so I decided to give it a try. I must say this stroller isn't awful, but it does have a few flaws. I think my favorite thing about it was how compact it is for traveling. It folds up very easily and doesn't take up much room (which is one reason we purchased this one) traveling with 3 children, we needed as much space as we could get. What I did not like about this was how cheaply made it is. The fabric where the child sits is unbelievably THIN, the wheels weren't all that great either. My husband was pushing our little girl in it, who at the time only weighed maybe 20 lbs, the front wheels kept twisting and turning making it VERY difficult for him to use it. I thought this stroller was a dud so we just returned it back to the store and spent a little extra money for a nicer one.

The design is decent, they had many different ones for us to choose from depending on the gender of the child.

Safety
Fabric for the seat was VERY thin, I thought it could rip and collapse any minute. The straps are also very cheaply made.

Child Comfort
Hardly any padding and softness to it, It didn't please my daughter very well.

Maneuverability
The Maneuverability for this stroller was awful, the front wheels made it VERY difficult to push this stroller around an amusement park.

Must be made for short people!

from Jacksonville, NC

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Easily Stowed
  • Easy To Set Up
  • Lightweight

Cons

• Flimsy
  • Not Adjustable
  • Short handles
  • Unstable

• Air travel
  • Short Trips

Comments about Kolcraft Umbrella Stroller:

I have used these before and I have to bend over just to push it, and I'm short at 5'3 ,so I would hate to see a tall person use these!

The little wheels keep turning.. or not

Comments about Kolcraft Umbrella Stroller:

With two small children, and a membership to our local zoo, umbrella strollers are a way of life for this family. We just don't always have room for our big Graco comfy stroller, so we make sure to keep an umbrella stroller in the car.

Now we have both the Kolcraft Umbrella Stroller as well as a Cosco one, and this one just has it's problems. It could have been a bad stroller that I purchased, but within two weeks of heavy usage, the wheels started to get stuck, which required a hard yank to free them. We tried to WD-40 them, but nothing was working. Turns out one of the wheels had fractured and was locking everything up. Very difficult to deal with, and not a problem we could solve.

I have never had a similar product with Cosco strollers. While the color choices and price was much better for the Kolcraft umbrella stroller, I feel like I get more use out of the others on the market.

Huge dislike

from Hendersonville, NC

Comments about Kolcraft Umbrella Stroller:

I really dislike this stroller. I understand that it is on the cheap end of strollers, but unless you are super short, there is no way to comfortably use this stroller.

Poor design. How difficult would it be to make it just a little taller so that anyone of average height or taller could actually use it?

Safety
While I don't feel that my child is unsafe in this stroller, it does feel cheap and could have added safety features.

Child Comfort
It does not seem comfortable at all. The seat droops and there is absolutely no recline.

Does the job.

from Pelzer, SC

Comments about Kolcraft Umbrella Stroller:

I use my umbrella stroller a lot. I use it when we are going on walks or going somewhere where I'm not buying many things.

I love that it is plan and simple but i hate that it has no cover for in the sun and no bag to put anything in. No place to put anything at all! Doesnt even have underneath space.

Safety
The only problem i see is that after time the fabric starts to wear causing it to tear. Would be bad if you didnt notice and your child fell through.

Child Comfort
My little girl seems to enjoy riding in it and seems pretty comfy.

Maneuverability
Love that it is smaller so it can maneuver through small spaces. The wheels seem to turn well. We used it on our trip to Alaska and was great for using in an airport!!

The more you use it and the heavier the child that seats in it you will start to not notice some wear and tear. Make sure to check the fabric to make sure it is not tearing from the metal part of the stroller. I have had two different ones like this. And the first one ripped and so i had to get another one.

• Maneuverability:

CAUCTION DO NOT BUY THIS JUNK!!! I HATE IT ITS IS JUNK!

from Birmingham, Al

Comments about Kolcraft Umbrella Stroller:

I made the mistake of thinking that all strollers had a certain standard that they had to live up to and man was I wrong! I was just going to do some shopping at the mall and forgot my regular stroller so I got one of these "cheappies" and was sorry I got it almost as soon as I opened it up!

The quality of the material was just awful, it was thin and barely tacked onto the frame. It wasn't long before the entire thing was about to fall apart.

Stay away from this stroller.

It is so poorly crafted when you step on the cross bar to stabilize and open up the think if you make the mistake of stepping too hard it will bend the rod and right off you have a problem! My child could have designed a better device than this.

Safety
You'r kidding right? This thing is a waste of good money and literally a joke.

Child Comfort
It is like she was sitting in a sling chair she hated it and so did I.

Maneuverability
Oh it will maneuver around as the wheels lock up or they seem like they are turning in different directions of each other.

Came apart during the first use, it would have to go to the stroller repair shop to work a second time!

Kolcraft Umbrella Stroller performs well

from Nampa, ID

Comments about Kolcraft Umbrella Stroller:

I wasn't too pleased with my first umbrella stroller purchase. Although my previous purchase was the most cost effective, my toddler was a bit too tall for it and the seat was uncomfortable. That's when I decided to purchase the Kolcraft Umbrella Stroller and I am so glad I did! All the main features that you look for in an umbrella stroller seemed to be apparent. It is lightweight, easy to fold and doesn't take up much trunk space. But what I find that separates this umbrella stroller from the rest is how comfortable the seating is for your toddler and the leg room that the child has to work with while sitting. My daughter was always taller for her age and I really appreciated that she could sit in the Kolcraft Umbrella Stroller comfortably without her feet dragging on the ground in front of her. I would definitely recommend this product to any parents out there looking for a great umbrella stroller for their little one.

Temporary use stroller

from Ohio

Child Comfort
Hardly any padding and softness to it, It didn't please my daughter very well.

• Maneuverability:

Light, small, easy and essential.

Comments about Kolcraft Umbrella Stroller:

I'm able to hang the diaper bag on the back and we're ready to go anywhere!

It folds nice and small, and so light to pack into the car.

Safety
The seat belts do their job fine.

Maneuverability

I'm very rough with mine, and it just keeps working fine.

• Maneuverability:

Not worth even the small price tag

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Kolcraft Umbrella Stroller:

This stroller is barely OK. It is very inexpensive, and for that it is good. If you are looking for something with a small price tag to use once in a while or to leave in the back of your car for emergency situations, this will do just fine. But, if your child likes to ride a lot and you plan on walking for a while, such as a zoo or outlet mall type shopping, you will get very frustrated. It is very light weight and it does fold up small, which is great. However, there is no storage basket at all, and putting bags on the handles can cause the stroller to tip. There is no sun canopy, which my kids hate. We spend a good deal of time outside and it is really sunny in Florida, they really want the ability for shade. It is a flimsy stroller, that breaks easily and can be difficult to steer if your child is more than 5-30 pounds. My 2.5 and 4 year old feet get in the way of pushing. The handles for pushing are really low, and as I bend down to push, I also kick the wheels. Overall, I'd rather just chase my kids than use this stroller.

• Maneuverability:

The Kolcraft Umbrella stroller works in a pinch!

from Stoughton, Wi

Comments about Kolcraft Umbrella Stroller:

I guess you get what you pay for and in this case, you are really getting a cheap and convenient mode of transportation for your little one. I used this stroller for my children many years ago and it is still on the market and appears to be a mainstay in the stroller category.

The design of the Kolcraft stroller is simple and easy to use. It was never my main stroller that I would use for longer walks but it works great for taking on vacations because of the fact that it folds up so easily and can be stored and packed without taking up much space at all.

Safety
I feel like the safety features of this stroller are adequate.

Child Comfort
I really do not think these strollers are overly comfortable for children but they are not meant to be used for long periods of time. I think you sacrifice comfort for convenience.

Maneuverability
This stroller is easy to push and I like the design of the handles. However the wheels are quite small which can make maneuvering on some surfaces challenging!

Overall, I think the Kolcraft stroller is quite durable. I had one that made it through many vacations and several children. I would say the biggest asset of this stroller is that it makes traveling with a baby much easier!