Other Strollers:

Chicco Capri Umbrella Stroller

Pros

Cons

• Maneuverability:

BEST Umbrella Stroller Ever!

We loved this umbrella stroller so much that we wore out one and hunted down the newest model to purchase a second one. I recommended it so highly to my sister that she bought...Read complete review

We loved this umbrella stroller so much that we wore out one and hunted down the newest model to purchase a second one. I recommended it so highly to my sister that she bought one as well.
I like this stroller so much because it's a great quality - it feels sturdy, the fabric is nice, the straps are GREAT (the buckle is tough for a child to undo!) and they're versatile. But my most favorite thing about this stroller is the height of the handles. I have never found another one comparable, at least at this price point. I'm not even tall, but the height of ordinary umbrella stroller handles are so low that even a "normal" size adult is hunched over to push it. Not to mention, they're usually flimsy & you feel like your pushing your child around in a doll stroller. Not with this one! The child sits a little higher off the ground, which is just kind of nice. The child is seated back a little bit more, so it doesn't feel like your child will bounce out of the stroller. It reclines nicely and creates a nice barrier too. The only drawback on the latest model we had was the adjustment on the seat for the legs. It didn't lock into place, so if you lift up on it even slightly, the edges poke up. This was so minor for us because of every other wonderful thing we liked about this stroller. The colors they offer are always great and they hold their color. It takes "terrain" quite well - game fields, hilly and bumpy walks, theme parks, malls (tight displays!)…all of it! It also grows better with a child than any typical umbrella stroller - the size & weight capacity is FAR better than typical umbrella strollers. It also carries a taller child quite well - the roomiest we could find! I cannot say enough great things about this stroller! I HIGHLY recommend it, and the price is incredibly worth it. I would buy a 3rd one if we needed it!

The height of the handles is the BEST part!

Safety
The stroller is very sturdy and secure. The straps have several options that grow with your child. The child sits back a little further than most strollers of this kind, so it makes the child more safe. And when reclined the child is protected as well.

Child Comfort
The seat is cushioned, the shade is sufficient, the protection when reclined is superb, and the space in general is great. It's also great for a taller child.

Maneuverability
Very easy. Great for walking, pushing across game fields, steering through tight displays in stores...

We put both of our strollers through the ringer and they held up incredibly well. We could have used our first one longer, but it was "user error" as to why we gave it up (stains & we broke the shade, but decided it was a must for where we lived).

Not Impressed

I was really excited when I first got this and thought it was really nice until I took it out a few times and realized that the handle bars are way too short and it's not a great ride at all. I am average hight five foot six and for me to say that the handle bars are too short is pretty bad. I feel like they should have made a few more adjustments to them either making them adjustable or raising them up a bit. I felt like it was hard to push and it was not comfortable for my hands or body. I felt like I was constantly kicking the wheels and was just waiting to be done pushing it the whole time. I realize that most umbrella strollers are not that great, but for the price of this Chicco stroller I was honestly expecting more. I am pretty underwhelmed and probably wouldn't recommend this to a friend or purchase it for a friend even if it was on their baby registry. Pretty bummed out because they are cute looking strollers.

hi

from nyk

Comments about Chicco Capri Umbrella Stroller:

love it for my leen and very light wight

Very nice stroller

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Chicco Capri Umbrella Stroller:

I received this has a gift for a baby shower. I didn't know if I would need an umbrella stroller or if I would use it a lot. I find myself using this one much more than my travel system stroller for the main reason of ease of use. It is so easy to set up and fold back down. It is very lightweight and is very easy to maneuver around. I live to take this stroller to the mall or out and about. I would t recommend going for long walks with it just because it's not the most comfortable thing. I always found myself kicking the stroller more times than not when I walked with it. Going to the mall or zoo with it are really nice. There is a small but handy storage compartment. It can't hold tons but just enough. My daughter likes the way she is strapped in, she seems to be very comfortable. The handles do get uncomfortable after pushing her stroller for a long time. I would recommend this stroller to others because it is a great umbrella stroller. It is designed well and makes going out and about much easier.

• Maneuverability:

BEST Umbrella Stroller Ever!

Comments about Chicco Capri Umbrella Stroller:

The height of the handles is the BEST part!

Great Leightweight Stroller

Comments about Chicco Capri Umbrella Stroller:

I really like this stroller. It's super study, and folds up/down easily. I love how lightweight it is and I've traveled with it several times on planes without any problems. I also like that it came with a travel bag.

Child Comfort
It might be nice if the seat reclined, but it was never something that we needed so it wasn't a deal for us.

The Best Stroller

Comments about Chicco Capri Umbrella Stroller:

This stroller is awesome! My child is 4 and I still use it with him. Comes with a very durable travel bag. It has a nice strap to carry it, turns 360 with one hand and really does open and close with one hand. Easy to clean and roomy enough for older big kids. This is the only stroller I've used for the past 3 years and it's still in mint condition.

• Maneuverability:

Very good stroller and easy to use, but small cargo basket.

Comments about Chicco Capri Umbrella Stroller:

Very easy to use and very durable. It is a little bulky wish it was slimmer. The cargo basket is pretty much useless and small. But is a very good option for an umbrella stroller that you can use for a long time.

I really like the design it is very easy to use and steer. The cargo basket is way too small and it would be great if the stroller was slimmer when it is folded.

Safety
Very safe option! the seat belt keeps the child in place they are not going anywhere. Not really any way a child can get hands caught or pinched in anything.

Child Comfort
My son really enjoys the stroller and does not fuss very much when in it.

Maneuverability
It is easy to maneuver on sidewalks and indoors. However if you are in grass, dirt, or gravel it becomes very difficult to push and steer.

It is very durable. We took this stroller on a trip where we were flying. The bag the stroller was in was completely torn up but the stroller was still in excellent condition. We were really happy that the stroller was able to stand up to being tossed around and crushed.

Fabulous

Comments about Chicco Capri Umbrella Stroller:

We loved this stroller for our oldest son from 6 months until he was 3. It is in fabulous shape and we will use it for our next son as well. The only caveat is if you have a child with a long torso they will outgrow this a bit sooner. The stroller is very lightweight and easy to take in and out of the trunk. Ours came with a storage bag which has been nice to use in the winter to keep this looking great.

My husband would have preferred bigger wheels as these sometimes get caught in the cracks in the sidewalk. He would also have loved a parent tray for drinks. The basket underneath is a bit hard to get to but works well.

Safety
We love the five point harness. Good size sun shade to keep your child cool and not sunburnt.

Child Comfort
My son never complained. The strap covers at the shoulders are great.

Maneuverability
Wish it had a little bigger wheels or ones with more traction. This is definitely a mall/sidewalk stroller and not meant for any off road or beach usage.

Looks great and rides well even though we've used it for almost 3 years. I think if we did a quick power wash to get rid of the fuzz that gets caught in the seat bight it would look brand new.

• Maneuverability:

Lightweight and easy to use!

Comments about Chicco Capri Umbrella Stroller:

Overall, this is an excellent stroller. I've been using it for a year and half with no issues. I like that I can open and close it with just one hand. It's very lightweight and I can get it in and out of the car easily. The basket underneath is big enough to hold a small bag or some groceries. The seat is at a comfortable angle and the buckle is easy to snap together. The frame is sturdy and folds easily. The brakes on the wheels work independently, so you can lock one side or both sides. There are also front brakes that lock separately as well. The handles are at a nice angle and the stroller is easy to push . I have the light green color, which is bright and easy for cars to see. The straps are a 5 point harness, but the shoulder straps are detachable and the stroller can also be just a 3 point harness. There is also a detachable sunshade that snaps on and off easily. There is a footrest for your child as well. I trust the Chicco brand and have enjoyed using this stroller for my toddler. I expect to get many years of use out of it.

• Maneuverability:

Good Stroller for walks and traveling

Comments about Chicco Capri Umbrella Stroller:

We leave this stroller in the trunk of the car and use it for quick trips to the mall, park or even when we travel. It's a lot lighter than the other stroller system and folds down compactly. It even has a strap that you can carry the stroller when not in use.

I like the light-weight design and the fact that it folds down to a compact size. The basket underneath doesn't hold much, and there's no where to put the kids' cups or snacks, which means a lot of time spent stopping to pick up anything that gets dropped!

Safety
Because the basket underneath doesn't hold much (ie the diaper bag doesn't fit), I would hang the bag on the handlebars. But sometimes, the weight of the bag would cause the stroller to tip over if my child wasn't in it, and this could be dangerous.

Child Comfort
Again, we use this stroller for quick trips to the mall or even when we are on the boardwalk. For those uses, it's great. If you are looking for something your child may be able to sleep in, I wouldn't recommend this stroller.

Love this stroller

Comments about Chicco Capri Umbrella Stroller:

We love this stroller! It fits my child perfectly, he is 2.5 and he still enjoys riding in it. The handles are higher than most similar strollers, and I like that the wheels aren't rubber so they won't deflate if you run over a thorn. We have seriously walked over 100 miles with this stroller!