Other Strollers:

Maclaren Volo Stroller

Pros

Cons

• Maneuverability:

The Need for Lightweight Speed...

I'm a firm believer in high quality, well-built, lightweight stroller systems. One buggy, *our* hero...the **Maclaren Volo Silver** **New Age Buggy!**
Read complete review

The Maclaren Volo is made from a lightweight aluminum alloy,the feel/stability of the stroller frame is nothing like traditional umbrella strollers, it's sturdy, substantial, and doesn't wobble. The metal frame is stainless, rustproof and dent resistant. The handles are affixed separately, making them ergonomic for any height of user. The stroller is designed to hold a maximum weight of 55 pounds, and a maximum child's height of 44 inches. The seat is made from poly/nylon silver mesh that's coated with a thick, smooth, stain resistant finish. The material provides natural ventilation. The seat is comfortable, wide and deep, and "molds" to the child's shape in *any* seated position. The seat DOESN'T recline, but it does have an adjustable five point harness system. There's a removable canopy that attaches to the frame and provides ample protection. The only annoying thing is when the stroller collapses, the canopy hits the front tires and gets dirty.The undercarriage basket holds approx. 8 pounds. I use the stroller handles for hanging bags, but the manufacturer recommends not to exceed 6 pounds.

The Volo is easy to maneuver, the suspension is fair and neither my daughter (nor my soda) gets explosively shaken. The 8 tires are made from lightweight, thick rubber, so I can't imagine having to replace them. The tires are mounted in pairs, each with their own separate locking device (engaged via foot pedal). The stroller weighs 7 pounds, which is wonderful when you're trying to muscle a squirming toddler! The unit collapses as a "typical" umbrella stroller would, end over end. There's a locking clip to secure the stroller in the collapsed position, and a removable convenient shoulder strap for carrying. Is the Maclaren Volo Silver easy to fold? Yes and No, it depends on the user. If you want to make it complicated, be my guest, but taking a few minutes up front to practice the technique goes a loooong way...

Good buy for what it is

This is a good supplemental stroller for your mainstay, take-anywhere stroller. Don't take this stroller on a long walk. Don't take it on bumpy surfaces (my son would have fallen out once if he wasn't buckled in when we hit a bumpy sidewalk!) Don't try to run with this or depend on it to keep your kid warm and comfortable, or to keep him or her dry in the rain or snow. But, do buy this stroller for a dependable, collapsable travel stroller. This is just what you need for a plane. Easy to open and close; and decent maneuverability on indoor surfaces. It also has a detachable canopy (ours is removed) and small mesh basket underneath for those odds and ends you inevitably need on trips. It's worth it to buy the Maclaren over a cheaper stroller - we tried a cheaper and it broke the first time we took it through the airport. This is great for travel; just don't count on it for much more.

Great for on the go and travel

from Chesterton, IN

Comments about Maclaren Volo Stroller:

This stroller is great if you are looking to pack up and just go. It collapses pretty easily and is great for traveling. It feels very stable and I never had any worries of it falling apart. We have brought this on several domestic and international flights and it's the best. Because it collapses so fast it's super easy to put the kids in, check in, take them out, collapse the stroller, and check it. We also live in a big city and have no trouble get it on and off trains and buses (the larger stroller I have is extremely hard to navigate and manage while getting on a bud). In public spots it takes up no more room than as if a person was standing there. I especially appreciate this on the bus and train. Overall great little stroller and I have recommended it to many friends.

I had a strap on the bottom carriage break and the company sent me a new one for free even though the stroller was over a year old.

My Favorite Stroller

Comments about Maclaren Volo Stroller:

By far, the best stroller we ever owned for both of our children!
We initially used a bulky stroller with all the bells and whistles that weighed 26 pounds. After switching to the MacLaren Volo once the kids were toddlers, we wished it had come our way sooner! It weighs in around 8 pounds and is a breeze to fold up and pack away as well as carry on your shoulder with the handy carrying strap which is included. We used this stroller around town, at the mall, at parks, and for several Disney trips. This stroller is great for travel due to it's portability and light weight. We also like the higher end weight limit.... both of our kids were able to utilize this stroller for a good long time. We had not come across a stroller that had such a high weight limit until the Volo.

Lightweight and sleek design packs away easily and is super-easy to carry with the carrying strap. Looks modern and also cleans easily. The cloth seat detaches from the frame for easy cleaning. There is also a sun-shade included that comes in handy.

Safety
I like the fact that it still has a five-point restraint for kids. Feels safe for the kids.

Child Comfort
My kids loved this stroller - neither one ever complained about riding in it. Does not recline, but that was not a problem for us. The Volo has an storage basket underneath the seat - perfect for a small to medium size diaper bag. Also comfortable for parents too - soft curved handles for pushing the stroller.

Maneuverability
Lightweight design makes it handle easily. We have used our stroller multiple times in large crowds and in tight spaces. Never had any difficulties getting the MacLaren Volo into or out of a tight space. Rolls smoothly and provides a good ride for the kids. Designed to turn easily and pushes easily as well. Frame is a good size without being too large or overly bulky.

Our stroller lasted through 2 children, and still has plenty of life left. We have cleaned the frame multiple times and have also removed the cloth seat to wash. Through all that our family put the Volo through, it still looks great and functions well. Overall, an excellent stroller for the money.

Amazing, compact stroller

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Maclaren Volo Stroller:

This is a really great umbrella stroller. It folds up extremely compact and pushes very easily. Most strollers that are as compact as this one are also very small. The handles tend to be very low and I usually kick the wheels and I push my child. The Volo is not like that at all. The handles are nice and high and I do not need to bend at all. I do not kick the wheels as I walk. My children seem reasonably comfortable. I love to bring this stroller when I am shopping as it is much easier to push and more comfortable for my kids than a shopping cart. The storage basket underneath the stroller is amazingly large. This feature also makes it a great shopping stroller. I liked this stroller so much with my first child, that I bought a double Maclaren when my second son was born. I still use this Volo from time to time and it hold my 30 pound 2 year old or my 40 pound 4 year old just fine.

Perfect Traveling Stroller

Comments about Maclaren Volo Stroller:

This stroller is perfect for traveling, casual use and every day use! I keep it in the trunk of my car for quick trips in stores and I take it every time I go out of town. It's easy to set up and you can fold it back down with one hand. It's easy to throw over your shoulder and carry and is light weight so it won't kill your back either. I've used this stroller for my older child at Disney World multiple times and he has loved it. My only problem that I have encountered with it is that so many people seem to have them that I needed to find a way to set ours apart and make it unique so that I could tell which one was ours while at the parks! It turns like a dream and the wheels never lock up. It's well worth the money that you pay for it. I've now had our stroller for 5 years and it still looks brand new so it holds up very well even with heavy use. It doesn't come with a lot of bells and whistles but there are accessories that you can purchase such as cup holders for a small charge. You will not regret purchasing this stroller!

So easy to fold and unfold!

Child Comfort
I only wish it would recline a little further and the hood came down a little more.

Maneuverability
I used this stroller on mutiple trips to Disney World and was able to maneuver in and out of the crowds with great ease.

• Maneuverability:

Easily Accessable Lightweight Stroller!

Comments about Maclaren Volo Stroller:

I would rate this stroller overall as a great! The thing i like most about it that its convenient and lightweight. Anytime i am going to the local supermarket, bank or pharmacy i can just grab the stroller and go. I like that you don't have to be a body builder in order to pick this stroller up and down. i can easily lift this stroller up my porch steps even with my one year old in it because its super light. I don't have a lot of room in my house. I like that with this stroller it folds up so easily and stores itself right in a little corner without taking up too much room. The stroller has a nice basket underneath the seat that holds quite a bit of bags as well. One thing you have to be very careful about is that the stroller easily tips backwards if a heavy amount of bags are stored on the handles. I learned this the hard way when my son flipped backwards in the stroller because i let go of the stroller while having a couple of bags on the handle. He was not hurt thankfully. The stroller is pretty comfortable for an umbrella stroller. I would of liked if the seat reclined back more so that my son and daughter could nap comfortably.

Sturdy basic

Comments about Maclaren Volo Stroller:

We use this for everyday use. It's a great basic umbrella with strudiness not usually seen in its class. We've taken it through airports, parks, and neighborhoods. It's lightweight frame and easy gold design make it indispensable when I travel alone. It must be noted that this a non-reclining stroller though. For a basic 6mo+ it's great but for more versatility you'd be better off with the quest.

Child Comfort
Because it's umbrella style it offers no back support.

Maneuverability
Amazing wheel quality has a very smooth ride with easy steering even one handed.

• Maneuverability:

Volo - 3 kids and still going strong!

Comments about Maclaren Volo Stroller:

We've had a Maclaren Volo for 7 years. We needed a smaller umbrella stroller as a backup to our "daily driver" (a Bugaboo Cameleon.) It's great for road trips or plane travel. I originally purchased it for a trip with our 1 year old to New York City. It was easy to carry up and down steps and on/off of public transportation. Seven years later, it is still a great stroller. It folds easily, even 1 handed with some practice. It feels sturdy, even on rough sidewalks or grass. We also appreciate the taller handles - one of the few umbrella strollers that was comfortable for me (5'-10") and my husband (6'-3".)

Child Comfort
Ours has a mesh back which is breathable and comfortable, even in hot weather

Overall this stroller is of great quality and very durable. My only complaint is that the canopy gets dirty from touching the wheels when in a folded position. (It also doesn't help that our canopy is white. I'd probably go with a darker color next time.)

Nice compact stroller

from Stillwater, OK

Comments about Maclaren Volo Stroller:

I got this stroller for my 3 year old for our trip to Disneyland. She is old enough to walk. So I needed a compact stroller which can be used when she is tired. I like McLaren stroller over other umbrella strollers because it is more comfortable for a child and does not put lots of pressure on child's back. Also, it has a basket and a canopy. At the same time, it is easy to fold and maneuver. I like it for what we used it. I am not sure I would buy it as a primary stroller for small babies as it does not have a bar in front. Also, canopy is large, but not great. So short kids would have sun in their eye. With older children it is ok. It does not recline, so no naps. The choice of colors is ok. we have brown color. Not too girlish, but can be used later on for our baby boys. So, in a way it is a positive one.

Very easy to fold and carry as well as to use. Child seems to be comfortable in it.

Safety
Safe if use the right way

Child Comfort
Good. My girl even had naps in it

Maneuverability
It is good on smooth surfaces

Very durable

• Maneuverability:

Compact stroller with everything you need.

Comments about Maclaren Volo Stroller:

I have owned this stroller for 5 years, actually own two of them. We have been using it since our youngest was about 6 months old. For the first couple of years it was used almost daily. Kinda sad that my little man has outgrown it. :( I love that it fold up like an umbrella stroller!

• Maneuverability:

Great little stroller for even big kids!

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Maclaren Volo Stroller:

I needed a stroller which would work for both my 3 and almost 6 year old. Not at the same time, and not very often. But a good compact stroller I could use when needed. Enter the Maclaren Volo. WOW! Folds up easily and compactly, pushes like a dream, and holds each kid comfortably. My kids rarely want to ride, but for a visit to the Zoo or mall it is nice to bring along. Either of them can ride if needed, and I have a great package carrier, too. Maclarens are a bit pricier, but you will be happy you paid more since they will last and last and last. They look great, too! The canopy does get a bit dirty when folded up due to it being so close to the wheels, but a bit of OxyClean and elbow grease can easily fix that. No parent tray or drink holder, either, but thatis par for the course with an umbrella stroller. And I am sure Maclaren sells some sort of add-on accessories. Roomy basket underneath, really a lot of bang for your buck!!!

Great little design, folds up easily and compactly.

just fine!

Child Comfort
My bigger four year old still finds this comfy when he rides in it!

Maneuverability
It is an umbrella stroller, so has its limits... but it is far nicer than any other umbrella stroller I have used!

GREAT!!!