Other Strollers:

Chicco LiteWay Stroller

Pros

Cons

Chicco Liteway Great Travel Stroller

It took me months to finally decide on this stroller. I was traveling to Walt Disney World with my one year old daughter. Having been to disney before I knew my daughter would spend much of her time in the stroller, and I wanted one that would recline for more comfortable napping. However I also knew we would be riding on a bus to and from the theme parks so the stroller also had to fold up and be easy to transport. The Chicco Lightway stroller has all the features I was looking for. It folds up to a size a little larger than an umbrella stroller easy to hold between your legs when sitting on a bus. It has a carrying handle on the side so easy to carry in one hand with my daughter on my other hip. It also has a 5 point harness but I like that I can also choose not to use the over the shoulder straps. The front wheels are also able to lock in place making it easier to roll thru grass or gravel or unlock making it easier to maneuver thru crowds or stores. What I didn't like about it is it has a small sun shade, and after a few months of use we had to grease the wheels, but these cons are minor compared to how happy I am at the cost and function of this stroller.

Love it

I have used a cheap umbrella stroller as well as that bulky graco stroller from teh quatro series of stroller system . So when I finally laid my hands on this I just fell in love with it. it has the recling feature from the graco stroller but is light weight like the umbrella stroller. The wheels and really smooth to move no problem there.

Not a big fan of the mesh basket converting into backback it is not that great removing it and attaching it is a chore in itself so better not use it if you are lazy like me. I love the coverage the upper umbrella provides because the other umbrella stroller was a waste in regards to protection from the sun.

It reclines pretty much way behind for my baby to sleep once she dozes off which she mostly ends up doing on a trip more than 1/2 hour on a stroller. I love the sleek black design coz I love the classic black without the geneder specific colors like pink or blue and things like that.

Good stroller

from Brooklyn NY

About Me Parent of Two or More Children, Stay at Home Parent

Pros

• Detailed
  • Fun

Cons

• Small seat depth
  • Small Sun Shade

• Young Children

Comments about Chicco LiteWay Stroller:

We bought this stroller for my daughter. It is very way to push. The handle bars are at a good height. The material is great quality. The basket at the bottom is good and easy accessible when a child is in the seat. The frame is durable. The sun shade is not so great. It does not cover much sun from the child. That needs improvement. The seat depth is not great either. The strap was pushing I against my daughter and I didn't like that. That needs major improvement. Other than that it's an ok stroller but I wouldn't purchase this again because of those issues.

• Was this a gift?:

Best, and affordable, liteway stroller on the market!

Comments about Chicco LiteWay Stroller:

We made the mistake of buying a cheaper umbrella stroller with our first child because we had a nice Graco stroller that we usually used. We needed something smaller for traveling though and when the other one wasn't cutting it did a lot of research on light weight strollers so that we didn't waste any more money. While researching a few strollers kept creeping up and the Chicco LiteWay was the most affordable. We went and pushed it around in store and loved how it just glided, even when making turns. The handles are high enough that even my husband, who is 6'2, does not have to lean over to push the stroller. There is a basket underneath which some light weight strollers don't have and is nice for diapers, outdoor items, snacks, etc. I leave this stroller in the trunk of my car because it does not take up a lot of room and it is easy enough to open and close when I am by myself with my two boys. This is the absolute perfect stroller and we always get compliments on its look, the way it handles and both of our boys love to sit in it and get pushed around.

Have only had it for a year, can not comment on how it holds up over the "long haul."

The BEST single umbrella stroller

Comments about Chicco LiteWay Stroller:

This is, by far, my favorite single umbrella stroller. The fold on this umbrella stroller is so simple and easy to do. I can even fold and unfold the stroller with one hand. The fold is small and allows the stroller to fit in any trunk. The front wheels can be locked which allows the stroller to stay steady of uneven terrains. The seat area of the stroller accommodates a wide range of sizes. The recline on the stroller is also wonderful. It works well for infants. The canopy is OK. While it does provide adequate coverage, it could be better. The five point harness is an excellent safety feature. It is secure and would be difficult for most children (and some adults) to open. The basket area under the stroller is almost non existent. However, the "basket" is actually a removable backpack. It is a creative option, but I think a traditional basket would be more useful. Overall, the is a wonderful option for an umbrella stroller.

Safety
The five point harness is very secure.

A great, durable stroller

Comments about Chicco LiteWay Stroller:

I wanted to get a light weight stroller because I was going over seas. and where I'm going it's not very easy to get around and it's very very crowded.
So I needed something that's small enough to fit into small streets and easily put away in seconds for a bus or a taxi drive.

And this stroller did it all and more.
I always thought that light weight stroller aren't as comfortable for children as regular strollers, however, I was wrong. My baby was comfortable enough in it, where he would fall asleep.

The design of the stroller makes it so easy to fold and unfold, and I can do it with only one hand.
I like the safety five point harness on the stroller, which keeps my baby safe and in place.
I also like the two position reclining seat, which helps my baby sleep comfortably in it.

The ride of this stroller is very smooth.
This stroller is one of the best strollers out there.
I have recommended this to friends and family and they loved it.

• Maneuverability:

Light and easy to travel with

Comments about Chicco LiteWay Stroller:

With my first child I went to the store and got the cheapest umbrella stroller you could find. I figured it was no big deal, this is when they are old they do not need all the bells and whistles, otherwise I would just use my normal stroller. But my normal stroller is jogging stroller which at times is hard to travel with because of size. The size of the chicco stroller folds extremely easy. I normally have one of my children on my hip as I'm maneuvering with one hand to fold up. It locks into a closed position and is extremely light to carry. A major advantage of this chicco stroller is comfort. Typically umbrella strollers are not comfortable at all. This stroller though has additional padding and it's back adjusts if a child falls asleep in the stroller. Typical umbrella strollers just have a strap around the waste to secure child, which any parent know a child can easy exit the stroller while throwing a fit. This stroller has a harness to secure child across chest and waste making this stroller extra safe. Also there is ample storage space under neath the stroller. The only negative I found was that there are no cup holders. But now you can purchase stroller cup holder attachments that I now use with this stroller. This is top of the line umbrella stroller, worth the extra money.

Amazing Stroller!

Comments about Chicco LiteWay Stroller:

I have had the Chicco Liteway in a purple color with green trim, and most recently a black one. The only reason I purchased the most recent one, is because I wanted the black color for winter. These strollers have taken my daughter from age 9 months to now (age 2). As an infant, the foot rests came up, to keep her from looking like she was just in a huge stroller. She is now big enough to use the little foot muff, that comes with the stroller for rainy or windy days. The stroller folds amazingly! I ride public transportation, and this is the only stroller I know that folds with such ease and so flat. I can slide it right under my seat and out of the way. It also clicks locked and has a carrying handle on its side. The hood is full sun shade, with a clear peep hole at the top which was very convenient when my daughter was tiny. The swivel wheels are a huge plus. I can steer with one had, turn corners or swerve abruptly with ease. The only problem I have with the stroller is the 5-point harness. It says up to age 3 , I believe and my daughter is small for her at age 2, and already the straps are somewhat tight on her. This is very minor compared to all the other features. I would definitely recommend this stroller to anyone

My little one is now age 2. Have had one of these strollers since she was 9 months. I go through any terrain with this stroller no problem.

• Maneuverability:

Best baby purchase I have made!

Comments about Chicco LiteWay Stroller:

I initially borrowed this stroller from a friend because my stroller was too big to fit through the airport. I bought one for myself the day after I got home! It is so easy to maneuver and I was able to collapse and open it quickly while traveling. It fits my chicco car seat but as my son grows I can use it as an umbrella stroller. That's my favorite feature! I can use it for years! There's a 5-point harness which is nice for my little wiggle worm. I can use it in all weather, as well. There's a canopy and a rain cover as well. There is not a lot of storage but it does fit my purse or a little diaper bag underneath. And I have seen many accessories you can buy to expand storage. The only thing I don't like is how the car seat doesn't snap into the stroller, but because of the way it's designed I am fully confident in the car seat being secure. The lip on the edge of the stroller moves up and down and snaps into different position to either contain the car seat or make leg room for tiny legs. I absolutely love this stroller!

Wonderful stroller

Comments about Chicco LiteWay Stroller:

I bought this stroller when my son was about 6 months old and we still use it today and he is now two! It is light weight and very convenient and compact. I am able to open and close this stroller while holding my child and it is so compact that it will fit in any trunk. We use this stroller on a daily basis the seat reclines about half way so it is still comfortable for a sleeping baby. Another great feature is the sun visor that extends so the the sun is out of babies face whether the seat is upright or reclining. Overall this stroller is wonderful with many great features especially ease of use!

This stroller is perfectly designed. It has great features to ensure the child's comfort and it is also compact and very light weight. Another great design feature is the basket under the stroller and also the rain covering for the child.

Safety
This stroller has a five point safety harness!

Child Comfort
Seat has cushioning and reclining options. The sun visor is another great feature for child comfort.

Maneuverability
Very easy to maneuver. I am able to steer with one hand.

Very durable!

Love this stroller!

Comments about Chicco LiteWay Stroller:

I bought this stroller for my third child. My husband thought I was crazy, because we had two other strollers! I was looking for something a little less bulky and easy to maneuver around things. I sold my double stroller at my garage sale and put the money towards this one. I have loved every day with it! First of all, it's compact and light. Very easy to throw in the car and go. I love the height of the handlebar. It's comfortable with the padding and the cup holder is an extra bonus that makes it more practical. Most of the strollers in this line do not offer cup holders. My favorite feature that makes this stroller a favorite among others I've had, is how easy it is to move around things. It doesn't get stuck in clothes racks, because it's too bulky. And it's especially nice when you are in crowds. Very easy to quickly move in and around people and objects. The basket under the stroller is decent sized. I also like how the seat reclines back. The only negative comment I would have about the stroller is the straps. The straps are somewhat snug. It does make it difficult to put the child in and out. This would not hinder my opinion of this stroller though. I would purchase it again in a heartbeat!

Child Comfort
As I had stated in my prior comment, the straps are a bit snug for my daughter. I wish they made them a little longer.

Maneuverability
My favorite feature of this stroller. My husband is the stroller nazi now that we have this stroller!!

Chicco liteway

Comments about Chicco LiteWay Stroller:

Overall, this has been a pretty good stroller. It was easy to steer, folded up easily, and didn't take up too much space. After awhile, the wheels stopped working as well and it didn't want to turn easily anymore and got stuck. Also, it was not very easy to take apart to clean the cover when my son had an accident and putting everything back together was a nightmare.