Other Facial Tissues:
Kleenex
Kleenex Anti-Viral Facial Tissue

Kleenex Anti-Viral Facial Tissue

Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissues...Keep your germs to yourself!

I came home from vacation with a cold. I have to get rid of this cold. Not just because it's driving me crazy, but also because I have family coming in from out of town on Friday to see my son graduate from high school. I don't want to spread this mess I have to my family or to my guests! That's why I'm so glad I have **Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissues.**

**Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissues **are WONDERFUL! They kill 99 percent of cold and flu viruses. Please excuse my blunt-ness during this review, but, seriously, how can you write a review about tissues that kill germs and not mention blowing your nose? Okay, with that out of the way, I would like to tell you why I like **Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissues **so much.

It's really very simple. You have a cold or the flu, you blow your nose using **Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissues**, the tissues kill the germs, and that helps you to keep from spreading your cold or flu virus. How cool is that?

I'm going to get a little gross here, so beware...I have children who, unfortunately, don't always throw their "used" tissues directly into the garbage. The tissues end up on the end table, coffee table, dresser, bathroom counter. You know, WHEREVER the children happen to be standing when they blow their noses just may be where the germ filled tissues stay until I find them and throw them in the trash. (I'm working on curing this nasty little habit of theirs, but what can I say?, My boys don't ALWAYS do as they are told. Imagine that!) But that's not as much of a problem as it was before I discovered **Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissues**. Because now even if the boys leave their used tissues all over the place, at least the germs in the tissues are DEAD and not lurking around waiting on their next victim.

It's not only children who should use **Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissues**. Think about it. How many adults wipe or blow their noses, don't properly wash or sanitize their hands, then go around shaking hands and spreading their nasty little germs to everyone they see? I think there are probably more of those people walking around than any of us would like to think! Also, think about surfaces that we all touch a gazillion times daily? Things like light switches, ceiling fans, door knobs, computer keyboards, and the computer mouse. Then there's refrigerator doors, dishwashers, washing machine lids, clothes dryers doors, remote controls, lamp switches, walls, car door handles, steering wheels, microwave doors, oven doors, copy machine buttons, telephone receivers. The list could go on and on and on and on. YUCK, YUCK, YUCK!!! We all get sick from germs people leave behind after they blow their noses and don't bother to use proper hygiene afterward. If only they would have used **Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissues**! Those germs would have been killed inside that tissue, and not running amok trying to find someone else to infect.

**Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissues **are made with three layers. The middle ply is the "moisture activated," medicated layer that kills 99 percent of cold and flu viruses. That makes sense to me because the tissue has to be strong enough to make sure those awful little creatures die without seeping out first. We've all used cheap tissues and had to use three or for at the time so they wouldn't tear and not be strong enough to serve their purpose. **Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissues **are very strong, and surprisingly soft, as well. I won't lie to you...**Puff's Plus** is softer and just as strong. I actually would prefer to use **Puff's Plus** because it's so very soft and gentle. BUT they aren't anti-viral. Therefore, I keep both brands of tissue at home, at all times. My family uses **Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissues **when any of us have a cold or flu, but we use **Puff's Plus** tissues for our allergies since thankfully, allergies aren't contagious.

The active ingredients in **Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissues **are:                                                     *(1).* *Citric Acid......7.51%* and *(2).* S*odium Lauryl Sulfate.....2.02%.*

**Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissues** are effective on Rhinoviruses Type 1A and 2, (the two leading causes of the common cold), Influenza A and B, (causes of the "flu"), and RSV, (Respiratory Syncytial Virus), which is the leading cause of lower respiratory infection in children. **Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissues **have not been tested against bacteria, fungi, or other viruses. I'll take the DEAD 99% of germs that cause cold and flu viruses over alive and kicking germs any day!

**Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissues **come in three types of packages: (1). "Upright" Boxes, which contain 75 3-Ply tissues, (2). "Medium Count" Boxes, (flat, rectangle shaped boxes), which contain 112 3-Ply tissues, and (3). Pocket Packs. Sorry, I'm not sure how many tissues each pocket pack contains. The "Upright" type are available in boxes that are either blue, green, plum, or rose colored. The "Medium Count" boxes also come in blue, green, plum, or rose, but they also come in the cutest designed boxes called: Bonker Bugs, Creepy Creatures, Micro Monsters, and Silly Stripes. They are so cute! Great for the children's bedrooms and restrooms. The Pocket Packs are multi-colored white with blue, green, plum, and rose.The actual tissues themselves are white with tiny colored dots on the middle ply.

I wish whomever I caught this cold from would have used **Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissues. **Then MAYBE I wouldn't have to blow my nose every 5 minutes like I'm doing, and MAYBE I wouldn't be coughing my head off, which I'm also doing. I know there are many ways to catch a cold or virus, so who knows how I got this cold. But, the odds are that it came from shaking hands with someone who was sick, or from turning a door knob or pushing an elevator button that had germs all over it. Those germs that got me sick may have been dead, and I would possibly be well, if **Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissues **had been used by the carrier of this cold in the first place.

Many people think the population is using too many anti-viral and/or anti-bacterial products because we need for our bodies to be exposed to germs in order to build up our immune systems. I don't disagree with that concept. I don't go to the doctor or take my children to the doctor every single time we get a sniffle or a cold. I know we don't kneed antibiotics every time we get sick. But if I can kill germs that will prevent others from becoming ill, I'm going to kill them. I don't want my family members to feel as bad as I feel right this minute. So I'll keep using my **Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissues **and hope they kill my germs before my germs get a chance to jump on somebody else.

Love the Kleenex antiviral but it really needs to stick together

I buy many boxes of Kleenexes as I have a family of 6 noses and we are all about the antiviral in our household.  I have tried the new box that has been put out this last fall and I am not so sure I am so impressed with the way they are being produced.  The tissues themselves are usually stuck together and are 2-ply which is very helpful when blowing a snot nose of any kind. As for this last few set of boxes we have bought they are very thin tissue plys and they do not stick together at all. I can tell they have the little antiviral spots in them so whatever I have to touch I am not getting all the germs all over me as I am taking care of a nose, but I would much rather have a thicker tissue that sticks together and gives me that protection together than not.  I feel when one is to blow your nose the thickness is just as important as th tissue staying together and not falling apart as you use the product.  I am loyal to the Kleenex antiviral brand but I need to know that my tissue is going to stay together, be thick and protect me from the germs all at once.

Kleenex AntiViral FacialTissue is soft & hopeful keep me healthy

from Chattanooga, TN

Comments about Kleenex Anti-Viral Facial Tissue:

Kleenex Anti-Viral Facial Tissue is soft and hopeful will keep me healthier. When it is Cold Season, I try to keep from catching those bad germs and so I appreciate that the Kleenex Anti-Viral Facial Tissue is Anti-Viral but does Not smell like it is Anti-Viral (you know what I mean, the rubbing alcohol smell). We like our Kleenex Anti-Viral Facial Tissue.

Kleenex Anti Viral Tissues Help Protect Your Nose

from Boondocks the heart of Northern , NY

Comments about Kleenex Anti-Viral Facial Tissue:

Kleenex is the brand name of Kimberly-Clark Company that produces paper products. Kleenex tissues now comes in an Anti Viral style which consists of three layers of softness for even the sorest of noses. The tissues are designed to kill 99.9% of the cold and flu viruses being that the middle layer of these tissues contains a moisture- active barrier to kill the cold and flu viruses within 15 miunuets. These remain soft as the nose can tell.

These 3 ply tissues come 75 tissues in a square box. Each is 8x2 and 8x2 wide per tissue. I was given this box as a gift from a friend so I could try it during the cold and flu season. Luckily for me, I didn't get either. This box is just the right size to set on my nightstand so I have an easy reach if need be. I am a person who gets those nasty sinus infections and post nasal drip that can go along with it. These I keep in my bedroom for those sort of occassions.

*** This product has not been tested against bacteria, fungi, or other viruses.**

**Made in USA** from domestic and imported materials. Manufactured for Kimberly-Clark Global Sales LLC. in Neenah, Wisconsin.

Kleenex Anti-Viral, all year long!!

from Wilmington, NC

Comments about Kleenex Anti-Viral Facial Tissue:

I love the Kleenex brand Anti-viral tissues! I keep a stock pile of them all year round. I have mild allergies and sinus troubles, and I use these tissues regularly. They are strong and soft at the same time, and don't break if I have to blow several times over in the same tissue or blow really hard. They keep your hands clean and, of course, help stop the spread of germs. Even though they don't have any added lotion in them, I don't have any trouble with my nose getting raw or dried out after using several tissues. They are typically priced as far as tissues go, so there is no extra expense for the great quality of this product. I keep coupons on hand, and stock up when they go on sale to make them an extra great deal.

Kleenex Anti-Viral Facial Tissues Keep Viruses From Spreading

from Canton, OH

Comments about Kleenex Anti-Viral Facial Tissue:

Recently I felt a cold coming on so I headed to the store to stock up on items that I thought I'd need. The number one item being facial tissues. I've always been a fan of Kleenex brand tissues so when I saw the Anti-Viral tissues I thought it couldn't hurt to try them. I didn't want my children or husband to end up sick so I thought it was worth trying them. I was happy with the fact that these tissues hold up to even the toughest cold. They are strong and thick. In fact they are 3-ply. But the are also soft. The box claims that these tissues kill 99% of germs that cause colds and flu. I can't tell you for sure if that's 100% true. But I can tell you that I was the only one in my household that got sick. That's very unusual because illnesses usually take a turn going through each member of my family. I will definitely buy these tissues the next time one of us comes down with a cold or flu. For everyday use I'll stick with regular Kleenex facial tissues.

Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissues work well, taste bad.

from Pocatello, ID

Comments about Kleenex Anti-Viral Facial Tissue:

My office bought a case of these for cold and flu season. I'm not sure if they make much of a difference in an office environment, where tissues are usually disposed of long before the 15 minutes it takes to kill the cold and flu viruses, but at home, where I have small children who leave used tissues everywhere, the anti-viral componant is a huge benefit. It would also be great for daycare centers, where boogers and colds run rampant. I'm considering sending a box with my kids to daycare.

These tissues are stronger than the average generic style I often buy, and they are as soft as the type with added lotion. The three-ply design holds up under any circumstance.

A word of caution: don't let any piece of these tissues touch your mouth. It leaves an absolutely terrible taste.

Overall, I'd recommend these tissues, especially for families with young children. I'm normally not interested in items designed specifically to be anti-viral or anti-bacterial, but this is a good all-around tissue as well.

Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissues keep my classroom healthy!

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about Kleenex Anti-Viral Facial Tissue:

I am a first grade teacher with a full class of 25 little kids who are constantly fighting the sniffles. It's no surprise that the first grade has a high absentee rate during the fall and winter seasons at my school! But I requested these tissues on our supply list this year and can say that my class has had the lowest absentee rate of the entire grade level. These tissues are strong enough to withstand the blowing and wiping my six year olds do, but the anti-viral properties really do help keep those germs from spreading! I liked them so much that I got some to bring home to use in my own house. I absolutely love these Kleenex. Sure, they're a little more expensive than the ones I usually get, but with the money I've saved in cough drops and medicines this season, they have definitely paid for themselves! Use these in your home, especially if you have young children; tough, durable, and they do what they promise. And be sure to send some in to your child's teacher, too!

Kleenex Anti Viral Facial Tissue is good for my sick nose

from Cameron, NC

Comments about Kleenex Anti-Viral Facial Tissue:

I bought these on sale the other day and wouldnt ya know it my entire house gets sick.  We have runny and congested noses and I have been using these Kleenex tissue for at least 3 days now and my nose is not chapped like it has been in the past with other brands. The tissue seems to have little blue specks if you hold it up to where the light catches it not sure exactly what that is but assuming it has to do with the part of the product that says it kills 99.9 percent of cold and flu Viruses. It does not seem to have any effect though on the paper because its very soft to me. I would expect my nose to be rough and dry by now as it would be if I was using toliet paper or other tissues that I have used in the past but these Kleenex seem to be treating my poor sick nose real nicely.  I would recommend this produect to my family not only because its soft but because of the Anti Viral side to it....that to me would be a plus to a already great product.

Kleenex Anti-Viral are a strong tissue!

from Logan, UT

Comments about Kleenex Anti-Viral Facial Tissue:

I haven't done my own testing, so I can't say for sure if these tissues actually kill 99.9% of viruses as the box states. I did read the box though and it says that the anti-viral properties are activated within 15 minutes of when the tissue comes in contact with moisture. That means that your hands probably aren't protected from anything when you're using the tissue - only later if you have to pick up the tissue or whatever situation may arise.

I rated them a 4-star because they are a good, strong tissue, but I think the anti-viral claim is a little misleading. I mean, who actually reads the bottom of the box to find out the 15 minute clause? When I first purchased them, I thought it meant that it would protect my hands immediately. No such luck. I do like the cute boxes they come in (not the one pictured) and the fact that the tissues themselves are cute - with little blue dots (I'm sure that's the anti-viral stuff in the tissue, though). I'd say if you're going to be blowing your nose constantly due to a cold or such, then go for the lotion kind.

Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissues are great, soft tissues with a bonus

from Cary, NC

Comments about Kleenex Anti-Viral Facial Tissue:

I can be cheap on a lot of things, and usually store brands are just as good as name brands. But tissues are one of those things that I always buy a name brand for. I've been sick and used store brand tissues for a week of nose blowing and nose wiping, and I've come away with a bright red, painful nose. Not fun. So, when I got sick recently, I headed out to get some Kleenex or some Puffs. I decided on the Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissues, and they are soft and strong without the residue left by a lotion tissue. I don't know if the anti-viral claim is true or not, but any added help to keep from spreading a cold around is great. The layers can kind of pull apart a bit, but it's not a big deal, I don't think. This is a little frivolous, but I also like the designs on the boxes. When it came down to a choice between Kleenex and Puffs, I ended up choosing these because of the anti-viral claims, but ALSO because Kleenex had much cuter designs on their boxes. I mean, if you're not going to feel well, at least you can have some cute, modern designs on your tissue box to cheer you up, right?

Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissue are dependable.

from Maquoketa, IA

Comments about Kleenex Anti-Viral Facial Tissue:

**Kleenex Anti-Viral Tissues are great. I have children and you know they get sick easily and this product is nice because it is thicker than other products and has a barrier that prevents germs from getting away. I send this brand to school with my children as well. This product is nice for the kids to take to school you know they are protected. It is nice if you do sneeze that your tissue holds up and not blow away to little pieces. They are a little more expensive but you can always find coupons on these kinds of products in your sunday fliers. Kleenex has been around forever which to me means they must be doing something right or they would have been long gone by now. You should give their product a try. They have many varieties which is great, they even have aloe vera which is soothing on those sore noses. Plus when you send them to school with your kids you know the other children won't be sneezing in your childs face.**