4.8
KL26M8XOB
KitchenAid Pro Line Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer in

KitchenAid Pro Line Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer in

4.8

Now I can do less bicep curls!

I bake stuff all the time for everyone anytime they need it and even when they don't. It's a fun hobby for me, and I like coming up with my own new cookie creations. I had a [Sunbeam Mixmaster 200][1] before. It was a normal hand mixer that could snap onto a plastic stand. It came with a heavy glass bowl that could be set upon a spinning turntable. It was pretty rudimentary, but I couldn't afford the big guy. I thought it was pretty good. Still it was better than using just a hand mixer. I needed upper-body workouts to keep me in good enough shape for the amount of cookies I was making to use that!

Then I invested in this appliance. If I thought the last one was pretty good, imagine my delight with the Kitchen Aid Artisan Stand Mixer! This is really expensive, and I wouldn't suggest getting it if you wouldn't use it all the time. It comes in cool colors, but only the white one was on sale (I really wanted pink). It's also very large and uses a lot of counter space.

It's very heavy, and constructed well. The motor is super strong. It comes with a stainless steel bowl with a handle, and it screws securely into the base. It comes with the flat mixing blade, a whip, and a dough hook. Some of them come with a plastic cover for the bowl that has a chute on it for adding items while mixing. The bowl and attachments are dishwasher safe. There are many other attachments for it: an ice cream maker, a pasta maker, a meat grinder, so forth. Those are very, very, expensive, and again I wouldn't purchase one of those if you weren't going to get your money's worth out of them. Definitely not worth it for a novelty.

This works so well, both for bread dough, and other batters. You pretty much need to be mixing something on a larger scale to use this. It would not be good at all to make something like pancakes for the family. It probably would only do minimal mixing on something with a small volume. It does quite well on the big jobs.

It has its little issues. Sometimes it doesn't completely mix things and you have to aid it with a rubber spatula. Occasionally I have had to stop it, scrape the sides, and let it mix again. I actually solved that problem by buying another blade, [The Scrape-A-Blade mixer accessory][2] . How nice for you that I have reviewed it! No more side scraping.

Depending on which cookie I am making, I can sometimes get two batches of cookies mixed at once in there. The bowl is that big. It saves **SO** much time! The motor is so strong that it won't bog down even if the bowl is full. I would watch it if you have a really thick batter in there, you wouldn't want to burn the motor out on this. It has variable speeds, and even one so slow, you can fold items in. When the blade is in, and the motor is engaged, there's not much room on the sides to fold something in without the possibility of spilling it on the sides. If you get the one with the plastic cover with the chute, it helps when adding ingredients while mixing.

This is a dream come true for the serious baker. I don't know how I made any cookies without it!

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Sunbeam-Hand-Stand-Mixmaster-200-Watt-Stand-Mixer-w-Burst-of-Power-review-8d23
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/POURfect-Products-Scrape-a-Bowl-Kitchen-Aid-stand-mixer-accessory-review-9dd20

I don't love it.

I struggle getting the bowl to clip into place, I do not like that I can not lift the mixer part up that my beater is attached to so I have to take down the bowl and take off the mixer part to get into my batter or whatever I am making. I just think the design is poor overall on the smaller mixer you can lift the top part but it is very hard to pour in ingredients, this one the bowl is larger. Overall though it beats well and mixes things properly, it is a powerful machine. The bowl size is great I love the handle it has. It is difficult to get into the bowl though with a spoon to make sure everything is mixing well. I wanted a bigger mixer for years and I finally broke down spent the money and I am overall just slightly disappointed.

Mixing Performance
It mixes perfectly well! It is a very powerful machine, it is also quiet.

I just usually have to wipe down the outside of the machine and then wash the bowl and beaters.

Again the bowl is hard to clip into place and it is annoying to have to take off the beaters or maneuver around the beaters to take off the bowl.

The best thing about the design of my mixer is the color - green.

So far so good, I have not dropped it or anything but it has done a lot of mixing and it runs smoothly every time.

I love my mixer

from Sc

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy
  • Moves While Mixing

• Bread
  • Cakes & Cookies
  • Candy
  • Meringue

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Line Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer in:

I use my mixer for everything from making mashed potatoes to mixing cookie mix. I truly love this brand and mixer I highly recommend it to everyone.

My baby!

from chicago il

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Bread
    • Cakes & Cookies
    • Meringue
    • Pies

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Line Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer in:

I absolutely love it. It is the perfect size. I love the way it mixes. I make buttercreams, cakes and bread and it always works and helps me so much.

I don't love it.

Mixing Performance
    It mixes perfectly well! It is a very powerful machine, it is also quiet.

The best thing about the design of my mixer is the color - green.

• Mixing Performance:

Four Stars

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Line Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer in:

The only reason I didn't give this mixer five stars is because the mixing attachment hangs about a full half inch or so away from the inside walls of the bowl. So you need to manually scrape and you need to do it often. That is my only complaint. This machine has some excellent muscle to it. It is dependable, easy as pie to change attachments, and to clean as well. It is super sturdy and clearly made with respect. I would not chance trying out any other for the same price or under. Needing to scrape often is inconvenient but if this mixer were any more flawless I could never have afforded it!

Mixing Performance
    Definetly pulls its weight but you need to scrape often

Easy to clean all parts big and small

No instructions necessary

I hate to add any complaints to such a reliable machine but there is ONE small flaw in the design... in order to snap the bowl into place you have to hover over and twist around to see what you are aiming for. Although inconvenient, it does not matter enough to swagger. _

A tank for sure

• Mixing Performance:

The Kitchenaid Pro Line provides superior performance

from Barrington, IL

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Line Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer in:

The Kitchenaid pro line is a good, high quality mixer, although it does take up quite a bit of counter space and is more expensive than other comparable products. I have had the Kitchenaid mixer for 5-years now and have had minimal complaints. The motor in the professional line is strong enough to knead dough for two pizzas simultaneously and the variable speed controls make it easy to customize to your needs. I considered the smaller cousin to the professional line but had some concerns about the pivot option on that line (in this version the bowl is raised and lowered, the motor does not pivot up and down). Given the reviews and typical frequency of use for me (perhaps once or twice per week) I figure that this machine will last me a good long while, so I chose to invest in the higher end product. I've considered purchasing some of the peripherals (e.g. pasta maker, meat grinder, ice cream maker, etc.) but do not think that I would use them often enough to make it worth the investment. One feature that I truly enjoy about this model is the way that the pour shield is designed...it separates into two parts, one that contains the pour space and the other that acts as a collar around the rim of the bowl. This design makes it possible to remove the guard without releasing the beater or dough hook.The machine comes with a traditional beater, whisk and dough hook and I have found it to be capable of handling my needs.

absolutely love all that it handles and all that it can do

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Line Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer in:

Absolutely love this 5 quart 600 watt stand mixer.  Does anything I put into it and love all the attachments.  Kitchenaide stands to its warranty.  Would buy nothing else after buying this one.  Owning my own cake business this has sure been a real life saver.  Hoping that I can soon add another.  Handles the heavy load great of making a great butter cream frosting plus also the load of making breads.  I would highly recommend this to anyone that wants something that stands up to so much plus all the great attachements that there is.  This comes in a great variety of colors and definately goes with any kitchen.  Easy to handle and move around.   I have no regrets with purchasing this kitchenaide stand mixer as it has definately been a real time saver for me.

My First KitchenAid Mixer is Excellent

from Bellevue, WA

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Line Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer in:

I am planing to buy KitchenAid  6 qt mixer from last year, because of the budget constraint I couldn't get last year. My husband bought this one as my birthday present this year as he got nice deal from amazon during thanksgiving and my dream came true..after opening the mixer I was so amazed and happy about my self for getting kitchenaid..It looks so nice with metallic color but the 6 qt one little bulky. It prepares the cake batters with in no time..previously with out kitchen-aid cake mixing process is really tough job for me but now with kitchenaid its really easy and fun to make cakes for my family. I haven't tried the pizza dough but i tried and made banana bread it came out very soft and moist..I haven't tried all the attachment's, I am planing to buy pasta maker attachment. I definitely recommend kitchenaid mixer to whoever really interested in baking like me.. All my friends and family liked the kitchenaid.

I absolutely love my KitchenAid Mixer

from Bend, OR

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Line Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer in:

I received this mixer as a gift 2 years ago.  The 3rd time I used the original mixer, the motor quit working.  Customer Service at Kitchenaid was excellent and I had a replacement within 1 week.  I have never had any issues with the replacement mixer.  This mixer cuts my bread making time in half, and I can make large batches without a lot of mess.  I use the mixer for lots of breads and rolls, homemade egg noodles, stiff cookie dough, homemade sausage.  The time and energy saving with this mixer is incredible.  In fact I just purchased a 5 qt mixer for my daughter for Christmas.  KitchenAid is a name I can definitely trust.

For the best mixer you must get KitchenAid KL26M8XOB

from Lake Forest, CA

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Line Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer in:

This is the best mixer I have ever owned. It has the power to mix cookies, cakes, pastry both delicate and heavy duty, meatloafs, vegitables and all sorts of other delectible edibles.

It comes with many attachments and does the work of 6 other machines. it is the best workhorse

and the only mixer I will ever use again.

I've always wanted a KA mixer; this one exceeds my expectations!

from Reynoldsburg, OH

Comments about KitchenAid Pro Line Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer in:

I have wanted a Kitchen Aid mixer since before I was married, and one Mother's Day, my husband fulfilled this dream for me. I had done months of research and came to the conclusion that the Kitchen Aid Pro 6 Qt. Mixer was the one for me. I'm an avid home cook with a history in restaurants, bakeries, and catering, so I knew that Kitchen Aid was the most commonly used stand mixer in most restaurants and bakeries, so that is what I wanted. Hubby ordered my Kitchen Aid online and got a free ice cream mixer attachment with it, which was an added bonus! I selected the cinnamon red and have not been dissapointed.

As someone who bakes her own bread weekly, I was really looking for a mixer that would knead the dough for me without breaking soon after purchase. That is precisely why I went for the Pro instead of the Artisan mixers (which are available in more colors than this model). Bread dough can be rough on mixers, but this mixer will hold up to 2 loaves at a time, which makes my time in the kitchen fly by. It's also very helpful for things like frosting, icing, and meringues. My only complaint would be the price of the attachments that are available for Kitchen Aid mixers. It's awesome that there are so many possibilities with the attachments (making your own sausage, pasta, ground beef, grinding grains, making ice cream, etc.), but each attachment can add up quickly.